GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.greenvilleisd.com/domain/387

All students will be able to use an iPad during the school year after paying a $50 fee to the district. Included in the nonrefundable annual usage and maintenance fee of $50, you will be supplied with a basic warranty plan under AppleCare. This plan provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor for the iPad, battery, USB cable/adapter and up to two incidents of “accidental” damage, each subject to a $50 deductible. The iPad will be returned to the school at the end of the school year.

You know what else is interesting about this is generally school supplied equipment has extra security features installed for both better tracking and also making them harder to hack.

I agree. That info alone significantly narrows the suspect pool. Most of us here (some of whom are fairly tech. knowledgeable) were left scratching our heads about how to reset an iPad. That's what makes me think this is a younger person.

Another student, maybe? A school employee? It's just infuriating to think that the school issued the iPads to students for their safety and that wasn't enough to stop someone from abducting and harming a student.

I'm leaning toward a school employee because they traveled 40 miles to dispose of her body. I don't think a teenager would likely travel that far. But, don't know if the perp lived near the location of the body, or took her to a location familiar to him near there and where he did the dastardly deed, or whether he lived near Alicia and assaulted her in his home before transporting her body to the disposal site.

I hope the Rangers are following some solid leads.

ETA: I read Ransom's post about the iPad's after I posted.

there is only one mic on the podium (the other one is built in)

a few other media there (looks like) with laptops

reported missing friday eve
1/2 block from house she got off bus
last time seen
trauma to her body
cod pending until autopsy complete
homicide investigation

Dan Buskin, police chief up first. Mr. Jeffries afterward.

Statement:
Confirmed this morning by coroner as Alicia.
School bus video captured her about 1/2 block from her home. Last time she was seen.
Trauma to her body. Cause of death still pending until autopsy is completed.
Considered homicide.

now saying AA criteria not met (uh okay.. I saw it done this morning... sorry just my own comment)

Rec'd numerous tips from the community. Encourage anyone with tips to contact the Greenville PD or CrimeStoppers.

school district guy now speaking? (this is a first in my experience)

school alerted 1153 on saturday
constant communication with LE
learned today that body found and it was Alicia

once they were notified on saturday the school started their own investigation (talked to teachers etc) and contacted tech director and tried to trace. Not able to locate ipad.

why is the school guy talking???? this is just odd! (my comment and two cents)

FRUSTRATED...blah, blah. Please tell us if there is a predator out there!!! (my comment)

school district guy now speaking? (this is a first in my experience)

I am sure this is very hard for him but man he does not sound very sympathetic and has a very strange almost accusatory tone....maybe the better word is defensive!

JMO OF COURSE!!!!

saying see a stranger by the bus stops to call the school and remind kids to be vigilant to and from school

says the bus drivers (gives their training) and they know how to look for suspicious people.. says bus driver didn't see anything just that she got off the bus and headed in her direction.

so the superintendent is using this time to stand up for his school and safety (which is important) but I think it is strange timing...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back