Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have family near this area and yesterday is the first I’ve heard of Angela. The neighborhood has a very good FB group as well as being very active on the Nextdoor app. I’ve seen no police alerts since Angela went missing, and have generally no clue about it.

Sadly, people that live in this area wish they were alerted earlier because many said they would have gone to help search. I am kinda puzzled why APD only drove around for 15 minutes and gave up. It’s perplexing.

Also, about the car being parked, it’s kinda not unusual for cars to be parked in odd spots around this area due to Pennybacker. It’s something the owner of the property is trying to address with the community that lives there.

Story is really sad. Unbelievably so. Angela was in a hiking area and I cannot for the life of me figure out why and how she was there for a week with no one finding her sooner.

Yes, unfortunately it appears the APD didn’t search the area until they received the surveillance video from the business. Why was there such a lack of sense of urgency on their part in their search for her, why didn’t they look at the video as soon as possible instead of how many days later.

Then there’s the question of could she have been saved if there hadn’t been over four hours of lag time in her being reported missing. Or was it six hours? I don’t know if I really believe the timeline anyway, or for that matter the story as has been told. And I seriously do not get that degree of apathy and negligence on the part of a supposed loved one, and I don’t think I ever want to.

Was there emotional , psychological abuse going on here that will never be disclosed? I wouldn’t doubt it. Either way, what a tragedy the way this poor lady was given so little care and consideration by everyone involved. JMO

This is down the street from me. I felt that all of this was fishy from the beginning. Such a highly wooded area, seems a convenient place to "break down."
"Andi Davies said his fiancée, Angela Morris, is 47-years-old and that he didn't have any concerns about her health-wise or personally at the time she disappeared." From: Missing woman's fiancé searching for clues after disappearance. Then in another report it is said she had a medical condition that made her susceptible to heat. Austin police to review policies after missing woman is found dead What is it? The story continually changes, she was seen on the highway walking, her fiance said he saw her headed down towards the highway, but she is found behind a building apparently he never saw her go into. This is either the worse journalism I've ever seen or his story keeps changing. In any event, health condition or not there is no way I would have waited in 104 degree heat for six hours to call for help when someone doesn't return from what is NOT a super long trek. I hope they do an autopsy.

There’s no way I can go six hours without needing a restroom!

Maybe they need to install some emergency call boxes in this area if the police don’t patrol this street.
There is a large office building right by where they parked. It was open. He also had a cell phone in which he called the police 6 hours in. An emergency call box would have made no difference. He CHOSE to do nothing.

According to the Texas Public Information Act, an autopsy report is public information and may be released to anyone who requests a copy unless there is an exception under the law. That does not mean they are required to release it to the media and even if a request is made under FOIA, post-mortem photographs may be exempt if the release of those photographs would raise privacy concerns. An autopsy of a private citizen done by a public hospital would probably be exempt from disclosure under the personal privacy exemption or the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).

Also, a request can also be made by the District Attorney to not release the autopsy report when requested if there is an active, ongoing criminal process with regards to the death.

Thanks GraceG. I thought the results may have been provided to the media due to the circumstances involved in her case and the Austin PD reviewing their missing persons procedures. I feel confident that her death was sadly a confluence of poor decision making on the fiance, Austin PD and Angela herself.

Has anyone been to Angela's page recently?! Someone (I can only imagine it's hey fiance) posted a message weeks ago using her profile and it's a little bizarre! I'm curious what y'all think?
Has to do with Andi wanting her ashes. Why post under Angela? ?

Has anyone been to Angela's page recently?! Someone (I can only imagine it's hey fiance) posted a message weeks ago using her profile and it's a little bizarre! I'm curious what y'all think?
Has to do with Andi wanting her ashes. Why post under Angela? ?
If Andi was legally her husband the state would have given him the ashes automatically. (it was a state cremation according to the odd post). Odd though, some family business is best left off the internet.

Reactions: dms
I just don't know what to think about this case. I never heard what actually happened to cause her death. Nor did I ever read any clearer explanations of how they ended up where they did. Something was way off that day - was it just very bad luck? or drugs/alcohol? a really bad argument? .... for whatever reason, they were not functioning on all cylinders IMO. Very sad story. So bizarre.

I just don't know what to think about this case. I never heard what actually happened to cause her death. Nor did I ever read any clearer explanations of how they ended up where they did. Something was way off that day - was it just very bad luck? or drugs/alcohol? a really bad argument? .... for whatever reason, they were not functioning on all cylinders IMO. Very sad story. So bizarre.

From what I understand, Angela was burnt in a fire as a child and the scars on her body meant that she couldn't regulate her temperature as efficiently as most people, and with the heat on that day, they think this could have led to her death. I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed though.

Like you, I do think this was a very weird case and I feel that there was more to this than meets the eye but that's just my unfounded opinion.

Austin police to review policies after woman found dead, chief says

I agree with you, I don’t believe the autopsy results were ever released were they? Is that the usual ? Also, where she was found, was she even on a trail, or off the trail? From what I remember that was a bit vague in the reports. Everything about this case is off, sure the APD should have handled it differently, but it’s more than that, IMO.

Heat may have been a factor in the death of a woman who disappeared after having car trouble on Capital of Texas Highway and whose body was found a week later. However, the medical examiner's report, released Friday, said her cause and manner of death were "undetermined," partially because of how long it took to find her body.

There was no evidence of trauma, but her body's condition when she was found hampered the medical examiner from determining a more specific cause of death.

"Although the circumstances are suggestive of dehydration and hyperthermia due to the extreme heat, due to the limited nature of the examination, the cause and manner are unable to be determined," the report said.

'Undetermined' what caused missing woman's death near Loop 360

That sucks, so we'll never really know what happened to her then. She got heat stroke from walking like 5 minutes from the car to the cafe (if you look on the nap it's very close to the car) where she oddly walked through a lobby and out the back door to the wooded area where she passed. It's too weird combined with the act of leaving her phone (they shared) behind (um, wouldn't SHE need it more being that she's about to walk onto 360?), her fiance sat in the car. .with the phone.. and didn't use said phone for 5+ hours. I can barely sit still in a parked car for 30 minutes without being restless AND in the heat (with or without the A/C running no less) AND if this was my partner I'd be calling 911 for help after an hour or so which is all the time needed to go up to that street and back. For those of us that drive 360 everyday past where this happened - it all doesn't add up. It's infuriating not to get answers and we just have to let it go but I'm still not over the fact that when Angela's death was announced by the media and she was found, her fiance was posting cute and funny memes on his sister's Facebook page. Yeah... Normal grieving behavior.

That sucks, so we'll never really know what happened to her then. She got heat stroke from walking like 5 minutes from the car to the cafe (if you look on the nap it's very close to the car) where she oddly walked through a lobby and out the back door to the wooded area where she passed. It's too weird combined with the act of leaving her phone (they shared) behind (um, wouldn't SHE need it more being that she's about to walk onto 360?), her fiance sat in the car. .with the phone.. and didn't use said phone for 5+ hours. I can barely sit still in a parked car for 30 minutes without being restless AND in the heat (with or without the A/C running no less) AND if this was my partner I'd be calling 911 for help after an hour or so which is all the time needed to go up to that street and back. For those of us that drive 360 everyday past where this happened - it all doesn't add up. It's infuriating not to get answers and we just have to let it go but I'm still not over the fact that when Angela's death was announced by the media and she was found, her fiance was posting cute and funny memes on his sister's Facebook page. Yeah... Normal grieving behavior.
This surprises me. Since the autopsy was released... Wonder if we could view it somewhere. I'm wondering if they completed toxicology. I really hope so. Hope she wasn't poisoned and the right tests weren't given. It didn't take that long to find her...I would think COD could be determined with the right tests. She was young and relatively healthy. Also a person who knows about her condition might be able to use that as an excuse. Seems convenient.

From KXAN's article Angela "was last seen walking northbound on the highway Aug. 20". Four months after her untimely death the press still can not accurately report what happened. She was never seen walking on 360 despite the press reporting it time and time again. I don't know if Angela would still be alive or not but getting the details correct may have prompted searchers to check the walking trails behind the office building sooner instead of a week after leaving the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back