Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
aegis to answer your first question I believe the circled location in this picture here is where they parked. Which is curious to me why they turned on Courtyard off of 360 in the first place if their tire was flat because they could have pulled over on 360. I think they just didn't know the area. If you're coming from 360, Courtyard goes up a steep hill and has curbs on either side - there is no where to pull over, let alone any flat spot to change a tire. So they must have kept driving up Courtyard, and done a U-turn at the stop sign at BridgePoint so that they could pull over in the small, flat area by the electrical equipment boxes. There is a chainlink fence around this equipment which is where he left one of the notes.

From that point, sitting in the car, he would have been unable to see her actually enter the office building, nor could he have seen her exit from the rear of it. The yellow line marks where she likely walked. It's up a steep hill with bushes all around. I don't think he could have seen her after she crossed the street. You can see this location on google maps to see the street view. Google Maps

upload_2018-8-28_11-38-47.png

I don't mean to be critical, well yes I do. This is poor journalism in my opinion. The reporter is across the street from Bridgepoint Plaza where Angie washed her hands but the reporter states "we are behind this office building". Then when the reporter is at the intersection of West Courtyard and 360 the videographer keeps panning up and showing Courtyard Ave across the 360 intersection and then down to Pennybacker Bridge both locations that have nothing to do with this case. The devil is in the details but when a person is missing or found deceased the details are what matter. If a citizen thinks "I may have saw a person walking that day" but then sees this news report it may cause them to change their mind about reporting it. Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now.

If I may pile on your criticism of the news reporting on this story - it has been absolutely horrendous. They failed to ask relevant questions of the fiance, they failed to follow up, they failed to note or investigate the obvious holes and discrepancies in the story, and worst of all IMO, they continually repeated that Angela was "last seen walking north on 360". Well who reported her walking north on 360? Because it seems clear now that she never made it to 360. It was this poor reporting which led the public to believe that she had to be along 360. Not that she could be wandering in the woods where she tragically died. This little tidbit of misreporting could very well have made a difference in the public's response IMO. If the facts were accurately reported that the last known sighting was when she walked across the street to go where he believed she would wash her hands, the public could have been alerted and assisted in the search of the woods behind the office buildings.

aegis to answer your first question I believe the circled location in this picture here is where they parked. Which is curious to me why they turned on Courtyard off of 360 in the first place if their tire was flat because they could have pulled over on 360. I think they just didn't know the area. If you're coming from 360, Courtyard goes up a steep hill and has curbs on either side - there is no where to pull over, let alone any flat spot to change a tire. So they must have kept driving up Courtyard, and done a U-turn at the stop sign at BridgePoint so that they could pull over in the small, flat area by the electrical equipment boxes. There is a chainlink fence around this equipment which is where he left one of the notes.

From that point, sitting in the car, he would have been unable to see her actually enter the office building, nor could he have seen her exit from the rear of it. The yellow line marks where she likely walked. It's up a steep hill with bushes all around. I don't think he could have seen her after she crossed the street. You can see this location on google maps to see the street view. Google Maps

View attachment 144117

It appears there is no shoulder on this street, so was the car parked in the street? For six hours ?

Any locals? I would think the police would patrol the area?

Thinking the same thing, a car sitting in the road for several hours is a serious safety violation. Hard to believe no patrols in that length of time. How did he get the tire changed without the wheel lock, or was it towed in? I have so many questions about this my head is swimming.

I’m local. I actually used to work in the Bridgepoint office complex, although not in the building Angela entered.

Regarding the question of how the car could sit for so long unnoticed: If you refer to CrimeDawg’s map in post #241, it looks like they parked on a small utility service road. Courtyard Drive feels somewhat like a wide private driveway connecting the various office buildings rather than a public thoroughfare. I’m not surprised that the car could sit so long unbothered by others.

I’m heartsick about this case – it seems so preventable. I agree with the sentiments of MimosaMornings: I wish I could have offered assistance.

If they had no extra spare (after the 1st spare blew out), why would they even NEED the key she was allegedly going to get?

If they had no extra spare (after the 1st spare blew out), why would they even NEED the key she was allegedly going to get?

Good question, maybe he said the tire shop told them that? Yet from what I’ve found theres a way they can change the tire without the key. I’m also assuming the tire shop could have brought a new spare.

If I may pile on your criticism of the news reporting on this story - it has been absolutely horrendous. They failed to ask relevant questions of the fiance, they failed to follow up, they failed to note or investigate the obvious holes and discrepancies in the story, and worst of all IMO, they continually repeated that Angela was "last seen walking north on 360". Well who reported her walking north on 360? Because it seems clear now that she never made it to 360. It was this poor reporting which led the public to believe that she had to be along 360. Not that she could be wandering in the woods where she tragically died. This little tidbit of misreporting could very well have made a difference in the public's response IMO. If the facts were accurately reported that the last known sighting was when she walked across the street to go where he believed she would wash her hands, the public could have been alerted and assisted in the search of the woods behind the office buildings.

CrimeDawg123, you eloquently and succinctly stated the point I wanted to make (thank you). I mean even today all of the news articles are still titled "Missing Woman Last Seen on 360 Found Dead" when we know she never made it there. It's infuriating! Like you also pointed out better factual reporting may have provided a better outcome then what we have. Angie's death is so unnecessary and preventable from multiple points. I feel like a negligence charge should be applied here.

Apparently the report of her last seen walking on North Capitol of Texas Highway (360) came from the APD website.
APD Seeking Public's Assistance in Locating Missing Person | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin
It is a mystery why there was never any follow up, update or clarification, especially since Davies had told them she wanted to wash her hands in the buildings restroom first.

Apparently the report of her last seen walking on North Capitol of Texas Highway (360) came from the APD website.
APD Seeking Public's Assistance in Locating Missing Person | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin
It is a mystery why there was never any follow up, update or clarification, especially since Davies had told them she wanted to wash her hands in the buildings restroom first.
Good point neesaki, so that's where the news reports got it. How did the police get that so wrong if the fiance told him she wanted to wash her hands and that he never actually saw her go down towards 360? It seems like that mistake really could have made a difference in whether she was found. The ball was really dropped in this case IMO.

I have family near this area and yesterday is the first I’ve heard of Angela. The neighborhood has a very good FB group as well as being very active on the Nextdoor app. I’ve seen no police alerts since Angela went missing, and have generally no clue about it.

Sadly, people that live in this area wish they were alerted earlier because many said they would have gone to help search. I am kinda puzzled why APD only drove around for 15 minutes and gave up. It’s perplexing.

Also, about the car being parked, it’s kinda not unusual for cars to be parked in odd spots around this area due to Pennybacker. It’s something the owner of the property is trying to address with the community that lives there.

Story is really sad. Unbelievably so. Angela was in a hiking area and I cannot for the life of me figure out why and how she was there for a week with no one finding her sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back