Found Deceased TX - Angela Morris, 47, Austin, 20 August 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What we really need to know is where they stopped. Was it before or after the 5914 West Courtyard Building? Knowing this would assist in determining what direction she may have taken.

Also it is intriguing to me that LE were searching with K-9's at 5:00 am on a Sunday morning. Did they receive a tip?
I really thought they would have already searched that entire area. She’s been missing almost a week. It’s starting to appear to me that they didn’t search at all.

ETA: I meant it appeared they had not searched initially.

Last edited:
BBM
Exactly! LE was out at 5AM on a Sunday? Why?!
Most SAR teams are made of volunteers. Weekends are easier to get a group together as most have full time jobs. Heat is also a factor when using dogs during the summer months in Texas. Just before sunrise will be the coolest part of the day. We always started training early during warm months so that we could be finished before it was too hot.

I don’t really understand the big deal about her wanting to wash her hands. She had just manually changed a tire. Her hands were probably covered in grease. I would want to wash mine ASAP too.
I don't think it's a big deal that she wanted to wash her hands, just where she did it. There was a question as to where the car was actually stopped and if it made sense she'd walk to the office building to wash them. Now I think we pretty much know they were parked across the road from the office building, so it makes sense she might pop in to do that.

How sad. Here she has given her life so much to others and someone just out of the blue takes hers. I hope they find the horrible "person" who did this and rid the society of them. It did seem like it would turn out to be a crime of opportunity. In no way blaming the victim, because in those circumstances I would have probably done the same thing, but in my mind whenever I set off alone I am aware something like this could happen. I can't believe the poor man just sat waiting and no one helped? Come on, we can do better. At least call 911 if you don't want to stop for a strange broke down vehicle.

I wonder how far from the building she was found. There doesn't seem to be much out there other than that one complex that police could have used as an address on the press release, so I don't think the use of that address means that she was necessarily found close to the parking garage or the other office buildings. I could easily see her trying to walk through the woods as a short cut to get to Loop 360, getting lost, and suffering heat stroke on a very hot summer day. The boyfriend's story is still very fishy. No one sleeps for four hours in a car in the middle of the afternoon on a hot day.

I'm hoping that foul play is not involved. The article referenced in #144 says that the police are not investigating Morris’ death as suspicious at this time. She does seem like a very kind, generous person.

I'm wondering if perhaps she became disoriented and wandered into the woods. Have you ever entered an unfamiliar building and when you exited, you left through a different door than you entered? She had to be exhausted, probably dehydrated, overheated, completely stressed out. What a nightmare!

This is so massive a deaQUOTE="asmi106082, post: 14337971, member: 179264"]I don’t really understand the big deal about her wanting to wash her hands. She had just manually changed a tire. Her hands were probably covered in grease. I would want to wash mine ASAP too.[/QUOTE]

How sad. Here she has given her life so much to others and someone just out of the blue takes hers. I hope they find the horrible "person" who did this and rid the society of them. It did seem like it would turn out to be a crime of opportunity. In no way blaming the victim, because in those circumstances I would have probably done the same thing, but in my mind whenever I set off alone I am aware something like this could happen. I can't believe the poor man just sat waiting and no one helped? Come on, we can do better. At least call 911 if you don't want to stop for a strange broke down vehicle.
Great, the weather. A whole other pet peeve. Rest in peace, kind person.

Missing Austin woman found dead may have suffered heat-related medical condition, police say
From article:

Fiancé reported she had a medical condition
Video surveillance video showed her entering a business and exiting the rear for an unknown reason
Foul play is not currently believed to be a factor in her death
After about four hour her fiancé got concerned and after six hours He called 911.
————-
Theres also a little more info re the search by LE, though not much actual searching was done initially, only a few minutes. Too bad, maybe she could have been saved. JMO

I will add that she did have third degree burns on her left arm, torso and neck so that would limit her ability to thermoregulate her body (reduced capacity to sweat) but shouldn't have been enough to cause death.

Angie was always lively, entertaining and quirky. I don't think I ever recall seeing her frown, if she did it wasn't for very long. Rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back