TX - Atatiana Jefferson, 28, fatally shot at home, Fort Worth, Oct 2019 *officer charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison Harris on Twitter

We just received the 911 call Atatiana Jefferson’s neighbor made, asking police to do a non-emergency welfare check, because, as he says, “It’s not normal for them to have both the doors open this late for that long.” Dispatcher is calm, saying an officer is on the way. Allison Harris on Twitter
Wait was it a 911 call? Thought it was non emergency number.

So quick to end an innocent life. So long to develope a story to justify the end of an innocent life. God bless Atatiana Jefferson's family .

Thank goodness for the body cam. There are certain facts he cannot deny.
  • There was NOT an emergency call (only a 311 call)
  • Police did not park where resident could see them.
  • Police did not identify themselves.
  • Police were outside of house.
I do not understand why the police don't assume first that the person inside the house is the homeowner/ resident ??? All it seems like it would take is just slowing down and gathering facts as well as turning on lights so it's obvious they are police . And of course announcing themselves .

I'm just sick over this. Moo

Ps I can't stop thinking of her nephew. He was "comforted" by those who murdered his beloved aunt in front of him. He could have easily been killed or injured too.

Lt. Brandon O’Neil, a Fort Worth police spokesman, said at a brief news conference Sunday afternoon that two officers had been dispatched to the home in the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue after a neighbor made a call to the non-emergency police line. They arrived about 230 a.m. and walked into the backyard.

The officer who shot Johnson did not announce himself as a police officer before firing through a bedroom window, O’Neil said.

That officer will be interviewed Monday and another news conference will be conducted later that day, he said.

“What the officer observed and why he did not announce police will be addressed as the investigation continues,” O’Neil said.

Jefferson’s 8-year-old nephew was “inside the room” at the time of the shooting, O’Neil said.

O’Neil said police had communicated with Jefferson’s family and called her death an “unspeakable loss.”

Questions and outrage after Fort Worth officer fatally shoots 28-year-old woman in her home

It’s confusing I know. But per the press conference and police spokesperson neighbor called non emergency number so I think we should consider that as fact.
I listened to the call again. The operator answers "Ft. Worth police...". So I think it was neither 911 or 311, but rather the non-emergency police number as listed on this page: https://police.fortworthtexas.gov/Contact

Was it a 911 call or a 311 call?

James Smith told WFAA that he called a non-emergency police number

LISTEN: Atatiana Jefferson’s Neighbor’s Phone Call | Heavy.com

Fort Worth Police have released the audio of the non-emergency call that a neighbor made to the police requesting a welfare check on Atatiana Jefferson’s home.

284a8610-956d-4cde-9937-66770a63937e_750x422.jpg

In the phone call, the neighbor specifies the house he is calling about. He then says that the front door has been opened since 10:00 and he hasn’t seen anyone moving around. He said it wasn’t normal for his neighbor to have both of the doors open that time of night.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for the body cam. There are certain facts he cannot deny.
  • There was NOT an emergency call (only a 311 call)
  • Police did not park where resident could see them.
  • Police did not identify themselves.
  • Police were outside of house.
I do not understand why the police don't assume first that the person inside the house is the homeowner/ resident ??? All it seems like it would take is just slowing down and gathering facts as well as turning on lights so it's obvious they are police . And of course announcing themselves .

I'm just sick over this. Moo

Ps I can't stop thinking of her nephew. He was "comforted" by those who murdered his beloved aunt in front of him. He could have easily been killed or injured too.

It's like the wife who is horribly beat by her husband, and then the husband turns around and tells the wife how sorry he is :( too little too late.

Yep and so the union lawyers can feed him the right story that will keep him off the hook.

I wonder how they'll spin the story to match that video, there's audio too. The shot was way before the office saying what they are saying he said. His words were "put up" then the shot. And what can the excuse be for him not yelling "POLICE" .

SNIPPED
I don't think these crimes are racist. I think that there was be a lack of training in these precincts. SNIPPED
Lack of training or some cops scared of their own shadows. SNIPPED

I think it was last year that I was listening to an interview with a police trainer. He was ex-military and ex-police. One of the things he said was, in the military leaders understand that there will be causalities in their line of work. So, if you send soldiers into harm's way, some may not return. But, it's different with the police. Even though they think we are civilians and they are not. Police are trained to get back home to their families at the end of the day. Just like most of us working regular civilian jobs.

IMO, nothing wrong with that, but you don't get to have it both ways. Get home safe and also thinking that you are protecting the civilians against an invading horde? If you want to kill "civilians" just so you can get home to your family at the end of your shift, you should be held to a higher standard than mere civilians. I firmly believe that police training emphasizes the "get home safe" at the cost of everything else. That seems to be the reason why police don't "seem" to de-escalate. That seems to be the reason why officer such as this are punished for trying to do the right thing. These Cops Tried to Help. Then They Were Fired.These Cops Tried to Help. Then They Were Fired.

- Atatiana Jefferson, 28 -
- Killed in Police Shooting -
- Fort Worth, Texas -
- Saturday, 12 October 2019-

1)) National Public Radio dot Org:
Fort Worth Officer Kills Woman In Her Bedroom In Response To 'Open Structure Call'
(Includes Officer's Body-Camera Image)

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Texas Shooting by Police Officer - Google Search

3)) Washington Post dot Com # 690:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/?noredirect=on

May Prompt Justice Be Served

[Contribution # 6839
Thread # 479477]

Last edited:
I think it was last year that I was listening to an interview with a police trainer. He was ex-military and ex-police. One of the things he said was, in the military leaders understand that there will be causalities in their line of work. So, if you send soldiers into harm's way, some may not return. But, it's different with the police. Even though they think we are civilians and they are not. Police are trained to get back home to their families at the end of the day. Just like most of us working regular civilian jobs.

IMO, nothing wrong with that, but you don't get to have it both ways. Get home safe and also thinking that you are protecting the civilians against an invading horde? If you want to kill "civilians" just so you can get home to your family at the end of your shift, you should be held to a higher standard than mere civilians. I firmly believe that police training emphasizes the "get home safe" at the cost of everything else. That seems to be the reason why police don't "seem" to de-escalate. That seems to be the reason why officer such as this are punished for trying to do the right thing. These Cops Tried to Help. Then They Were Fired.These Cops Tried to Help. Then They Were Fired.
If fire fighters were trained that way no one would be jumping into burning buildings and homes to save lives. Moo

This is truly unbelievable after AG!!! Clearly that didn’t give this officer pause for thought.

I watched that Cam video and I am beyond shocked at how quick he fired without announcing or waiting for any acknowledgement back... Wow just wow

I wonder how they'll spin the story to match that video, there's audio too. The shot was way before the office saying what they are saying he said. His words were "put up" then the shot. And what can the excuse be for him not yelling "POLICE" .

At 1:35 he sees her through the window and shouts "put your hands up show me your hands" --BANG SHOT FIRED -- IMMEDIATELY FIRING -- 1/10 of a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member