Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken for Athena’s family, and I pray for peace for them through this unimaginable horror, and peace after being utterly vilified in social media. There are monsters in so many places, and some behind keyboards.

Precious little one, rest gently, and know only the sweetness of blue sky, bird song, and loving kindness evermore.

I caught up and I can't tell you how disgusted I am. Supposed to be a "normal" delivery situation and BOMB!. None of us would have thought this UNTIL NOW IMO. Did he go to her door or did she actually leave and he found her walking? Really doesn't matter and his Bond says so but just curious for our own safety. We are living in a sad world that you can't trust anyone. This family did nothing wrong, I hope in time they see that. IMO

Once again, I will say excellent work to all LE and also huge Kudos to the community for donating, helping to search etc. Great job, saddest of outcomes but your hearts and efforts were there for this family.

I caught up and I can't tell you how disgusted I am. Supposed to be a "normal" delivery situation and BOMB!. None of us would have thought this UNTIL NOW IMO. Did he go to her door or did she actually leave and he found her walking? Really doesn't matter and his Bond says so but just curious for our own safety. We are living in a sad world that you can't trust anyone. This family did nothing wrong, I hope in time they see that. IMO

Once again, I will say excellent work to all LE and also huge Kudos to the community for donating, helping to search etc. Great job, saddest of outcomes but your hearts and efforts were there for this family.
From video footage of people standing around by the entrances of the road where the house is.. there’s a long drive way that leads to the street and mailboxes are at the end. I bet IMO he was placed a package in the mail box and she was at the end of the drive way by the street.

My friend had a delivery nearby today this afternoon. She said after the delivery, a rental truck pulled up and they removed all of the packages out of the trucks. Thinking this could have been the truck he was driving. Just devastated for this baby and her family. I am outraged there is even a bond for this monster.

I believe for some of us we're too jaded, and it seems like kids are more often killed by those known to them ?
I have to think being murdered by a delivery driver is very, very rare ! (thankfully)

My utmost condolences to the Strand family and the bio mom's as well.
Rest in gentle peace, little Athena !!!
It is rare for a stranger to be charged/convicted of killing a child. Most of those convicted are friends/family/neighbors.

However, there are hundreds of cold cases. And I believe that many of those unsolved cases are the result of stranger/predator/random opportunity crimes. It is harder to solve those and connect it to a killer if there are no known connections between victim/perp. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14