TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I’m surprised he’s so young

Germophobes?

Yes, possible. The Fed Ex worker also may have called LE or mentioned it to a manager. I'm sure LE has gotten thousands of tips in recent days.. In this case, the bomber is the bad guy, not the one working behind the counter.

In a news conference, Austin Interim Police Chief Brian Manley says that the suspect was originally found in the parking lot of a hotel in Round Rock.

Police say they wanted a peaceful solution but the suspect started driving away and police and SWAT began to pursue him.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/loca...ing-suspect-dead-in-officer-involved-shooting

Possible he wasn’t staying at hotel/motel, just in parking lot.

I guess I thought he would be older because of his ability to make a more sophisticated bomb. Why are you not surprised?

Some have been speculating that he's active military. Anyone in the military in recent years, especially those serving in the ME, are trained to make bombs, trip wire mechanisms. As one expert said on CNN, this person seemed like someone who had a lot of experience making these, not just training but making them on a regular basis. They were guessing it was someone who had recently served in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. So likely it would be a young person.

In a news conference, Austin Interim Police Chief Brian Manley says that the suspect was originally found in the parking lot of a hotel in Round Rock.

Police say they wanted a peaceful solution but the suspect started driving away and police and SWAT began to pursue him.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/loca...ing-suspect-dead-in-officer-involved-shooting

Possible he wasn’t staying at hotel/motel, just in parking lot.

From your link (new info, at least to me)

[FONT=&quot]FOX 7 has learned the suspect is believed to be from the Pflugerville area.[/FONT]

I guess I thought he would be older because of his ability to make a more sophisticated bomb. Why are you not surprised?

CNN says his sister may have tipped LE. Bombs were simple, not sophisticated. and made with mouse trap or clothes pin detonators.
LE made one in under an hour.

What a relief!
WTG everyone involved. We were hoping the explosion in Schertz would lead to him.
Now if only our juniors at the downtown high school where I teach can calm down enough to take the SAT today. Won’t be easy.

What a relief!
WTG everyone involved. We were hoping the explosion in Schertz would lead to him.
Now if only our juniors at the downtown high school where I teach can calm down enough to take the SAT today. Won’t be easy.

Yes, praise to LE for a job well done! Best of luck to your students today!

FoxNews: local reporter at suspect's home; pushed back by LE because it is not secure.

CNN reporter saying they mostly identified him through FedEX video, but also got his IP address and tracked his activities online. He had made suspicious purchases, etc.

Primarily because of the prevalence of incredibly angry young men who are determined to demand attention and make a statement for the whole world to see. The allure of instantaneous infamy seems like an indelible mark on this first generation of kids who grew with the internet.

All the world's a stage...

Add to that someone obviously quite intelligent with waaaay too much free time on their hands. I have been thinking it was a UT student. There are so many brilliant young minds on campuses everywhere.

I am somewhat relieved. I felt so angry when my son's school was locked down due to a suspicious package. It turned out to be an empty box. But this person clearly did not care who he hurt and I had no illusions that he would stay away from schools.

KVUE/abc reporting-
Suspect is from Central Texas
Has family in area
station knows neighborhood where he lived
suspect not ID'ed yet till next of kin notified

Only thing I heard was it was the 24 year old male. What is so wrong in a young 20's world that would make them do this kind of thing? I just don't get it. I will say I'm relieved, especially if he wasn't able to leave any more packages behind.

KVUE/abc reporting-
Suspect is from Central Texas
Has family in area
station knows neighborhood where he lived
suspect not ID'ed yet till next of kin notified

Travis Country is an out-of-the-way neighborhood, you have to know it is there. My guess is he is from Austin.

Shameful admission. I was totally 100% wrong about the perp. I thought he'd be 50's, Austin resident, engineer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx