TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kxan.com/news/crime/source-bombing-suspect-involved-in-shooting-on-i-35/1065119748

[FONT=&quot]The suspected Austin bomber is dead after detonating a bomb inside a car on Interstate 35 and after a SWAT officer fired at him, Austin Police Department Chief Brian Manley said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"This is the culmination of three very long weeks in our community," Manley said, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The explosion happened on Interstate 35 in Round Rock near Old Settlers Boulevard around 2 a.m. Wednesday. Investigators had recently identified a 24-year-old white man as a person of interest and then a suspect, and found the vehicle he was known to drive at a hotel in Round Rock.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Law enforcement took up positions around that hotel and was waiting for APD's tactical team to arrive to take the suspect into custody when he started to drive away. Officials followed, and the man pulled to the side of southbound I-35.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When SWAT approached, Chief Manley says the man detonated a bomb, which knocked one SWAT officer back and gave him minor injuries. Another officer who is an 11-year APD veteran fired at the suspect. He will be placed on administrative duty, per APD policy.

—-continued at link above[/FONT]

If press is at his house, his name has to leak soon. Am curious if he has any links to hate groups.

Good riddance. I know someone who has video of a strange encounter of a young man at the FedEx facility (outside when the police were responding), she was doing a YouTube stream and this guy talked about his haircut instead of the scene he was watching. I told her to contact the police and give them the video last night. Remains to be seen whether this is the same person or not. She just said that his demeanor was so "off" and it occurred to her he might come back to see what the response was.

She took the stream offline until she could have authorities look at it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...with-explosive-as-police-close-in-report.html

The suspect, identified by police early Wednesday as a 24-year old male, was killed near the motel he was traced to by authorities using surveillance footage from a Federal Express drop-off store and cell phone triangulation technology, according to The Austin American-Statesman.

Police said the man detonated two package bombs as police closed in, firing at him. It was not immediately clear whether he died from the bombs or shots fired by police. One officer was knocked back by the blasts, but none were seriously hurt.
Manley said police had zeroed in on a "person of interest" over the last 24-36 hours, tracing him to the motel in Round Rock, where the spotted his vehicle. The suspect is believed to be from the Pflugerville area, located near the site of the showdown with cops in Round Rock, FOX7 reported.

Only thing I heard was it was the 24 year old male. What is so wrong in a young 20's world that would make them do this kind of thing? I just don't get it. I will say I'm relieved, especially if he wasn't able to leave any more packages behind.
1) I think part of it is the ability to freely commisserate, it tends to reinforce and focus the frustration angst etc. There is so much anger and hate ready at our fingertips and it can be hard to find the beauty in the world when you get sucked into the negativity and rage.

2) This is a tough world to grow up in these days and you better have 2 or 3 jobs or 2 or 3 roommates if you want to get on your own 2 feet in Austin unless you land that dream job right out of college. I am very thankful I grew up when I did.

3) There can be a huge disconnect between the world we build our kids up for and the world they find they have to survive in. I think that is part of the equation also.

MOO

yea!

do we know if there was an affluent upbringing ??

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...with-explosive-as-police-close-in-report.html

The suspect, identified by police early Wednesday as a 24-year old male, was killed near the motel he was traced to by authorities using surveillance footage from a Federal Express drop-off store and cell phone triangulation technology, according to The Austin American-Statesman.

Police said the man detonated two package bombs as police closed in, firing at him. It was not immediately clear whether he died from the bombs or shots fired by police. One officer was knocked back by the blasts, but none were seriously hurt.
Manley said police had zeroed in on a "person of interest" over the last 24-36 hours, tracing him to the motel in Round Rock, where the spotted his vehicle. The suspect is believed to be from the Pflugerville area, located near the site of the showdown with cops in Round Rock, FOX7 reported.

Good news. Glad that LE was not injured in the blast as they were trying to arrest him.

Its finally over. Whew.

college educated? Grew up socio economical comfortable??

for some reason not thinking military background - dont know why

like learned skilled from allied field and able to do himself kinda/

it looks like he was wearing gloves at the counter? How could that not be a red flag at the time? Seem stupid

they do know and are talking to who they were sent to and it is two different people.

Seems like one in austin and one somewhere else -- griend child custody?

He had to want to die going on video mailing em to people ( it sounds like ) he knew

Employed ??

I think motive will very easy to discover from two recipients and think there will be overt stuff in his apparent -- he would want the world to know

all guesses and often wrong!!

Really curious to learn more about this guy. Our kids are safe at school. That's all I care about.

Well, and our residents being safe of course. We can all breathe now.

Now we know why there were helicopters

1) I think part of it is the ability to freely commisserate, it tends to reinforce and focus the frustration angst etc. There is so much anger and hate ready at our fingertips and it can be hard to find the beauty in the world when you get sucked into the negativity and rage.

2) This is a tough world to grow up in these days and you better have 2 or 3 jobs or 2 or 3 roommates if you want to get on your own 2 feet in Austin unless you land that dream job right out of college. I am very thankful I grew up when I did.

3) There can be a huge disconnect between the world we build our kids up for and the world they find they have to survive in. I think that is part of the equation also.

MOO

JMO
I agree.
I think you have identified some of the reasons why some people end up like him. A lot of other kids dont go as far as he did but end up doing other self destructive things like drugs.

It really is a tough world to succeed in and get a good enough paying job to be able to be self sufficient. Its so easy just to give up trying.

We even saw it change in our lifetime as companies got rid of Pensions.
Years ago in our parents time it was typical for a person to get one job and be dedicated to one company for whole life until retirement with a good pension.

Even in our lifetime companies began to get rid of pensions and there was no dedication of the company to want to keep employees for a whole career. These days I am betting it is even worse for kids trying to grow up and face a poor paying job market that doesnt reward people for dedication.

We dont know the bombers full story yet but I would not doubt if some of the reason he turned toward crime is because reality set in how tough the world really is just to survive on your own.

Well, we had a feeling that sending packages by fedex was going to do him in. A lot of tracking involved.

i would think by his cell phone they would be able to ascertain if he stopped at other fed ex or whatever drop of places

has home not apt it appears local in background i think they think!!

i think there is some money for some reason not a struggling person financially jmo

MOO

All very good points. It's a tough world for young people trying to make their way today. A lot of job insecurity, even with a degree and good skills. They're often treated like temp workers, even in the high tech fields. Many still trying to pay off college loans. I know a young highly skilled IT person who moved to Austin for a job, but only lasted 6 months. High rents for tiny apartments, employer who constantly laid off skilled employees and replaced them with others to work the jobs of 2 people for less money.

Maybe this young man was under pressure, too and just turned his anger against others. It's tragic to see someone so young commit such horrible crimes.

Really curious to learn more about this guy. Our kids are safe at school. That's all I care about.

glad it is over for you!!

seems self taught and the reason for the breaks were to build new kinds of bombs
jmo

and then thought i am ready to die now so i will make superficial effort to hide my identity and send two packages to the people i am really upset with

it almost seems as if he might not have been staying at hotel they keep referring to parking lot??

and lea it sounds like everything you were hearing last night WAS directly related to this

how far is the hotel from where you are??

speculating only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member