TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reddit poster also said he was between the age of 30-50. So he didn't know how old he was? All that news article says is they were looking into it. Nothing there suggests it could be true. News outlets investigate this kind of thing all the time. I know some of y'all want it to be true but people constantly make claims on social media claiming inside info on high profile stuff.

All very good points. It's a tough world for young people trying to make their way today. A lot of job insecurity, even with a degree and good skills. They're often treated like temp workers, even in the high tech fields. Many still trying to pay off college loans. I know a young highly skilled IT person who moved to Austin for a job, but only lasted 6 months. High rents for tiny apartments, employer who constantly laid off skilled employees and replaced them with others to work the jobs of 2 people for less money.

Maybe this young man was under pressure, too and just turned his anger against others. It's tragic to see someone so young commit such horrible crimes.

Then they can find a different job. GMAB

glad it is over for you!!

seems self taught and the reason for the breaks were to build new kinds of bombs
jmo

and then thought i am ready to die now so i will make superficial effort to hide my identity and send two packages to the people i am really upset with

it almost seems as if he might not have been staying at hotel they keep referring to parking lot??

and lea it sounds like everything you were hearing last night WAS directly related to this

how far is the hotel from where you are??

speculating only

The hotel is probably 4 or 5 miles from me. Round Rock is the next city over. I can be in Round Rock in 5 minutes.

JMO
I think this part of the article indicates he was identified by using evidence from the Fed Ex shipping and then once they had his ID they somehow found his cell phone number and then used cell phone tower pings to triangulate his position to his motel.

"The suspect, identified by police early Wednesday as a 24-year old male, was killed near the motel he was traced to by authorities using surveillance footage from a Federal Express drop-off store and cell phone triangulation technology, according to The Austin American-Statesman."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...with-explosive-as-police-close-in-report.html

Word that his sister may have tipped off LE.
They are at his house, about 1 1/2 miles from my house right now. Heavy police presence. Taking their time as to not detonate any trip wires or bombs that may be there. He lived with his parents, evidently.

JMO.

Possible name from a friend who knows him, but not gonna release that yet as I'm not sleuthing anyone who isn't related, so we will wait to see if he's right. Initials may be RH.

Then they can find a different job. GMAB

It's not that easy here. I work two jobs. Am 33 years old. I've never been able to make a ton of money here and I have been in all sorts of positions. Including a law office. Price of living here is insane. An apartment will run you almost $2k a month in some places. We pay almost $1500 a month in rent. Food for all of us runs $1k a month.

It really is insane. The cost of living is almost unbearable and unless you're a doctor or attorney, good luck living comfortably. I can see how he may have felt hopeless.

Please note: I am not saying to go blow people up because you're going nowhere in life. I am simply commenting on folks saying he may have felt helpless due to not being able to amount to anything in his life due to the cost of living.

The reddit poster also said he was between the age of 30-50. So he didn't know how old he was? All that news article says is they were looking into it. Nothing there suggests it could be true. News outlets investigate this kind of thing all the time. I know some of y'all want it to be true but people constantly make claims on social media claiming inside info on high profile stuff.

Don’t know if it’s true or not. There are a lot of people who fit his demographic on Reddit and it speaks to a possible motive.

If his moral code allows him to blow up innocent people for fun...I doubt he has a problem lying about his age.

It might also explain how the FBI was able to trace him so quickly.

Just IMO. It might not be him but I bet you he is a part of the Reddit community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction... He did not appear to have a job. Lived with a couple of roommates.

JMO.

Don’t know if it’s true or not. There are a lot of people who fit his demographic on Reddit and it speaks to a possible motive.

If his moral code allows him to blow up innocent people for fun...I doubt he has a problem lying about his age.

It might also explain how the FBI was able to trace him so quickly.

Just IMO. It might not be him but I bet you he is a part of the Reddit community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could have lied about his age to throw off LE.

It's not that easy here. I work two jobs. Am 33 years old. I've never been able to make a ton of money here and I have been in all sorts of positions. Including a law office. Price of living here is insane. An apartment will run you almost $2k a month in some places. We pay almost $1500 a month in rent. Food for all of us runs $1k a month.

It really is insane. The cost of living is almost unbearable and unless you're a doctor or attorney, good luck living comfortably. I can see how he may have felt hopeless.

Then he can move. I give zero sympathy to him

Then he can move. I give zero sympathy to him

As I said in my post following, if that was his excuse, it doesn't sit well with me. I struggle but I have never thought of hurting other people. It's not an excuse. I am saying though, that I can see how someone would feel helpless living here. It's hard.

someone else being taken into custody now white male

ahhh might be a reporter !!!!!!!!!!

cbs

Please note: I am not saying to go blow people up because you're going nowhere in life. I am simply commenting on folks saying he may have felt helpless due to not being able to amount to anything in his life due to the cost of living.

They say the psychological profile of serial bombers is that they are grievance collectors, grudge holders. I suppose if he was finding it hard to get a start in life and he had that psychological make up anyway, it could lead to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper