TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"When swat pulled up and they said come out with hands up the feed went black. When came back up the EMS was there. I am sure it’s so people inside can’t see where the swat team is."

Rebecca Lopez
‏
Verified account

@rlopezwfaa
38m38 minutes ago
More
FBI has brought in SWAT team This is bomber Mark Conditt’s house. Conditt is now dead but they are also looking to see if he had help. SWAT yelled to someone “Get your hands up.” They are preparing to enter house.

weird as in wearing a disguise level of weird?!

It is really a bit weird but Austin really is a bit weird not to mention SXSW was underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really but weird but Austin really is a bit weird not to mention SXSW was underway.

Personally, I don't think Austin is half as weird as it thinks it is or wants others to believe.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That wig screamed "Catch me! Catch me now!!"

Disclaimer haven't seen any photos yet but unless it was like the freak from Aurora theater shooting hair, maybe not so much. But putting it all together -

But if it had been suspicious at the time, they may have found the 2 packages sooner.

Like your username. Looking forward to tonight?

I don't think him wearing a disguise is that weird. It's not a good one but he managed to get in and out of fedex unscathed.

This is a generalization but in my experience conservative, homeschooled, christians teens don't tend to evolve into more liberal adults unless they go through some extremely, life changing experiences and exposure to different kinds of people.

One of articles mentioned former coworkers said he had a unique way of doing things. If someone says he's autistic I am jumping out a window. (I'm autistic and tired of us getting blamed for these violent young men.)

A kid who is home schooled all the way through high school has been living every day in a cloistered environment. They can't help but have some deficiencies in social skills. That environment inherently breeds a feeling of distrust towards others who aren't in your church and small social circle. Having spent some time visiting a home where teen kids were home schooled it seemed a very restrictive environment for healthy young people growing up. They went to church functions but didn't watch or read anything other than religious programming and religion based educational materials. I can't help but think these kids have an exaggerated fear of the outside world and an inability to connect with others. The whole concept of homeschooling for some of these families is the belief that you need to be educated and live your life in this manner because everyone else in the outside world is living their lives and doing things badly. You go out with them on rare public trips and they're hesitant to look at or talk to people.

It just doesn't seem healthy at all for kids to spend years growing up in that environment. Trying to integrate into society and the world of work must be very difficult for many of them. They're moving into a world full of people they've been taught are bad, dangerous, sinful. Most probably make it ok, but some obviously don't.

The reddit post is gone now (anyone save it ... I didn’t get to read it, and it disappeared from my opened tab)

http://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/...laiming-to-be-the-austin-bomber/269-530397334
KVUE is working to Verify information about the Austin serial bomber to sort fact from fiction on the internet.
A reddit.com user by the name of "Austinbomber," created a post on the site Tuesday claiming responsibility for the explosions and offering to answer questions.
Several users contacted KVUE asking us about the thread.

At the time of this article, police had not confirmed whether there is any connection between the author of the posts and the bombings, and the author did not write or post any evidence that would back up the online claims.​

Reddit.com also banned the "austinbomber" username and deleted all comments.
Austin Police Spokesperson Anna Sabana confirmed that the department was aware of the reddit.com thread and had added it to its investigation.
In the "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) thread, the author claimed that his or her motivations were not racially motivated.
"I am doing this simply because I want to watch the world to burn (sic)," user "Austinbomber" wrote.
KVUE can Verify there was a post by an individual claiming to be the bomber on Reddit Tuesday, but we cannot Verify that this individual is connected to the bombings. Until officials can verify whether this user is an imposter or anything more, KVUE will not share the links to the Reddit thread in question or any more information about what was written.

That wig screamed "Catch me! Catch me now!!"

I cannot believe he thought he wouldn't be caught in that phony wig.
I'm grateful he wasn't a genius like Unabomber. Ted was scary smart.
He either didn't fully grasp FedEx ability to track him or thought he was above the law and was careless.

He said witnesses spotted a person entering a FedEx store wearing a "crazy" disguise, including a blond wig and gloves, and called police. KEYE obtained pictures from surveillance video taken inside a South Austin FedEx Office store Sunday night, where the person shipped two suspicious packages.

From there, investigators were able to track down his identity using cell phone pings and vehicle information, Abbott told KXAN.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/austin...-today-round-rock-tx-2018-03-21-live-updates/

Personally, I don't think Austin is half as weird as it thinks it is or wants others to believe.

It's not the 90's anymore, cities were far more wacky as in fashion, subcultures then much crazier, experimental times. I'm used to really crazy clothes, but his outfit seems like a disguise not a fashion statement.

A kid who is home schooled all the way through high school has been living every day in a cloistered environment. They can't help but have some deficiencies in social skills. That environment inherently breeds a feeling of distrust towards others who aren't in your church and small social circle. Having spent some time visiting a home where teen kids were home schooled it seemed a very restrictive environment for healthy young people growing up. They went to church functions but didn't watch or read anything other than religious programming and religion based educational materials. I can't help but think these kids have an exaggerated fear of the outside world and an inability to connect with others. The whole concept of homeschooling for some of these families is the belief that you need to be educated and live your life in this manner because everyone else in the outside world is living their lives and doing things badly. You go out with them on rare public trips and they're hesitant to look at or talk to people.

It just doesn't seem healthy at all for kids to spend years growing up in that environment. Trying to integrate into society and the world of work must be very difficult for many of them. They're moving into a world full of people they've been taught are bad, dangerous, sinful. Most probably make it ok, but some obviously don't.

This is extreme and does absolutely exist, but it is not the norm in the homeschooling community.

Omg. Okay. Semantics.

There was a huge film and music festival going on in Austin. It wouldn’t have been completely ODD that someone in a costume was mailing a package.

ETA: Obviously most people would call police...especially given the circumstances....but some might not think much about it.

Disclaimer haven't seen any photos yet but unless it was like the freak from Aurora theater shooting hair, maybe not so much. But putting it all together -

But if it had been suspicious at the time, they may have found the 2 packages sooner.

No, not clown red but looked like a cheap blonde $5 Halloween wig compared to theatrical/Hollywood wigs. If he was like the Unabomber the wig would have looked like red hair, like a surfer dude, not a Halloween costume.

he did not graduate --

got fired 4 years later

not liking Austin much?

he is chubby CNN just had a pic have not seen- not that it matters just other pics looked leaner

According to the Austin-American Statesman, Conditt was home-schooled as a child and had previously worked as a computer repair technician.

A blogger who identified himself as Mark Conditt of Pflugerville described his interests as cycling, tennis and listening to music. In blogs dated from 2012, he wrote that gay marriage should be illegal and called for the elimination of sex offender registrations.

Speaking on KXAN, Abbott said the suspect wasn't a member of the military, didn't have a criminal history and was unemployed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/austin...-today-round-rock-tx-2018-03-21-live-updates/

Omg. Okay. Semantics.

There was a huge film and music festival going on in Austin. It wouldn’t have been completely ODD that someone in a costume was mailing a package.

ETA: Obviously most people would call police...especially given the circumstances....but some might not think much about it.

I was at SXSW not a lot of wigs this year. The fashion has been very dressed down lots of blue jeans, summer dresses this year. People tend to wear wigs out at night not during the day and going into official places where it would create alarm. I still think he stands out.
He must have known this?
I had to mail a pkg for work once in a black wig, they would NOT allow me in USPS until I removed it. This was in Seattle. No sunglasses, no hats, no wigs. Seattle maybe far more strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892