TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A point worth making. Life sucks for young people more than it did when you were his age. It's extremely hard to find a decent paying job without a degree. Even with a degree it is difficult. College tuition has increased by an absurd amount. Kids are graduating with crazy debt. Someone mentioned pensions going away. Good paying union jobs have been going away for decades. Companies are outsourcing and cutting benefits any way they can. Income inequality in this country has risen an insane amount. I always see articles complaining young people are "ruining" stuff like chain restaurants are closing because they don't go out to eat. Well, they can't afford to!

This is not an excuse to start making bombs and I really don't think this is much motivation at all for this guy but it is a really big problem. It absolutely impacts your physical and mental health.

oh blue come on you know cops yell at imaginary people all the time

that makes no sense!

I am now bald from pulling out my hair the last 24 hours and i will be sending a hair transplant bill to local tv news editors!!

they just said same fed ex facility IS being evacuated

go to commercial

and go into the view

you don't go out for a commercial stating that the airport facility is evacuating and when your out of commercial do not follow up

like all is well might be nice

false alarm

a reporter heading over there

they reported it as happening now

CARIIS, where are you watching this live? Thanks!

ETA: nevermind, I believe it is kvue.com

Wondering if the wig is what tipped off the sister? The FedEx stills are so blurry but I’m sure they had a good frontal that LE cleaned up.

I keep seeing references to his sister tipping off. Does anybody have a link, or is that just a rumor that is getting legs on the threads?

And there is also the sentiment about UT heavily favoring minorities...some people think that if you are white you have no chance of getting in. They were sued several years ago by a white student who did not get in.

I have no idea what the acceptance rates are for white vs minorities but that is a very common idea amongst people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the second day in a row,FedEx employees at a facility in southeast Austin left work early. The location is 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway, near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Employees tell KVUE the building has been evacuated. Police said while they have not formally evacuated the building, it's possible FedEx performed their ownevacuation.

FedEx near Austin airport secure after 'follow up' suspicious package investigation

http://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/p...uspicious-package-at-fedex-facility-near-abia

53 mins ago - Police investigating suspicious package at FedExnear ABIA for second day in a row. KVUE has a crew

https://www.google.com/search?q=fedex+evacuated&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:h&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTquHZ3v3ZAhUyWN8KHWfVCBYQpwUIIQ&biw=907&bih=441

CARIIS, to what would you ascribe the air traffic control being silent? Is there a context to this, such as a mechanical or electrical failure, or is it a security-related event?

Also, that is impressive out of the box thinking -- doing a big-picture information pull for creating the understanding of events in a larger context.

Yes. “Keep Austin Weird” is the city motto.

Also...I live in Texas and there is a palpable disdain for Austin in my area. “Real Texans” in more rural areas often see Austin as a stain on Texas culture propagated by out of state liberals. He could have shared this sentiment or he could be a regular ol’ psychopath.

I'm familiar with Austin, just not often I see residents wearing wigs in the daytime at FedEx or USPS, downtown or at nightclubs yes, daytime no. I found Austin to be quite conservative to other liberal cities like SF, Seattle for example but still liberal compared to rural Texas.

Wondering if the wig is what tipped off the sister? The FedEx stills are so blurry but I’m sure they had a good frontal that LE cleaned up.

thank god for his sister.

EMS vehicle blocking view of camera on KVUE

Like your username. Looking forward to tonight?

I don't think him wearing a disguise is that weird. It's not a good one but he managed to get in and out of fedex unscathed.

This is a generalization but in my experience conservative, homeschooled, christians teens don't tend to evolve into more liberal adults unless they go through some extremely, life changing experiences and exposure to different kinds of people.

One of articles mentioned former coworkers said he had a unique way of doing things. If someone says he's autistic I am jumping out a window. (I'm autistic and tired of us getting blamed for these violent young men.)

yes, I love The X-Files!

It would have raised a hige RED flag for me. I used to work retail and that costume would have been a red flag for sjipping strange pkgs. So the pkgs must have looked ok.
No wires, strange excessive tape etc...
I'm glad his costume was bad and easy to recognize. Imgaine if he was a mad geunis like Unabomber?
I cannot wait until we find out more.

Yep. It's getting to be a familiar profile for some angry, frustrated young men bent on judgmental violence against people and a society that doesn't fit their views. Many seem unhappy with their lives and blame the wrong people for their inability to thrive and be successful.

Well, he was pretty conservative at a young age. The blog posts I'm reading appear to be from 2012, so he would have been 17 or 18.

CARIIS, fair warning. He was opposed to homosexuality.

https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...resident-mark-conditt/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/

As the sun rose, neighbors of the 23-year-old, who was home-schooled growing up and went to Austin Community College, struggled to wrap their minds around the news that he was the suspected bomber.

Conditt received a degree from Austin Community College’s Northridge Campus and had worked at Crux Semiconductor in Austin as a “purchasing Agent/buyer/shipping and receiving,” according to a profile on a job recruiting website. He previously worked as a computer repair technician.

I found a pic of him on facebook from 2013. Looks like he was homeschooled and likely christian - his mom mentioned him possibly going on a mission trip. I assume I'm not allowed to post it, but if you search his mom's name on fb, the post is still coming up.

Edit: nevermind - it got posted up there!

Hmm, guess that mission trip never happened, huh...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I think he was in the process of getting ready to place another bomb somewhere, but when LE closed in he used that bomb to blow himself up instead. Good riddance.

The part that throws me off is him being so careless to do the Fed Ex shipping. It almost seemed like he knew LE would catch up to him.

Don’t know if it’s true or not. There are a lot of people who fit his demographic on Reddit and it speaks to a possible motive.

If his moral code allows him to blow up innocent people for fun...I doubt he has a problem lying about his age.

It might also explain how the FBI was able to trace him so quickly.

Just IMO. It might not be him but I bet you he is a part of the Reddit community.

So we can't say it was racially motivated but sure, it must be he had relationship and money trouble. The reddit post was obvious trolling.

Not very smart about not leaving a trail, moo.

Good riddance. I know someone who has video of a strange encounter of a young man at the FedEx facility (outside when the police were responding), she was doing a YouTube stream and this guy talked about his haircut instead of the scene he was watching. I told her to contact the police and give them the video last night. Remains to be seen whether this is the same person or not. She just said that his demeanor was so "off" and it occurred to her he might come back to see what the response was.

She took the stream offline until she could have authorities look at it.

The Redditor might not have been a troll after all. Fits with the age. He might have wanted Reddit fame.

http://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/...laiming-to-be-the-austin-bomber/269-530397334

Well, we had a feeling that sending packages by fedex was going to do him in. A lot of tracking involved.

CNN says his sister may have tipped LE. Bombs were simple, not sophisticated. and made with mouse trap or clothes pin detonators.
LE made one in under an hour.

Only thing I heard was it was the 24 year old male. What is so wrong in a young 20's world that would make them do this kind of thing? I just don't get it. I will say I'm relieved, especially if he wasn't able to leave any more packages behind.

Wow. I’m surprised he’s so young

So happy to wake up to this news. Good riddance, a$$hole. Kudos to LE for catching him!

KXAN live report - do not let your guard down. There may be more devices. If you see something, say something.

moo

It seems he killed himself. Coward, he couldn't even face the music.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/976377075467767809

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BREAKING: Officials say police traced suspect using mix of cell phone technology, security video, store receipts.[/FONT]

Sorry to be crude here... but follow the path as the bird flies - minus the apparent unrelated incendiary device . I have seen people do running paths in the same shape. He’s drawing a... man part. On to ball #2 with a swoop down. College student.
A crazy hypothesis but we do live in a world of eggplant emojis and penis-shaped running paths. Just sayin’
Y’all stay safe.

Anyone else think he/she’s hightailing it out of town now unless he’s going to blow himself up?

I wondered about this Reddit poster. Especially when he said he "doesn't have a terminal disease " and that he "wants to see Austin burn " . Wonder if this is him ?

I’m not either. Something stinks.
Could be a copy cat.

Austin Police Dept
‏
Verified account

@Austin_Police
15m15 minutes ago
More Austin Police Dept Retweeted Austin Police Dept
Media Update: The scene is secure at 4117 McKinney Falls PKWY. Follow up investigation regarding suspicious package complete. Correction; there was a temporary evacuation of the building for precautionary measures, however, normal business operations will resume. APD PIO

CARIIS, to what would you ascribe the air traffic control being silent? Is there a context to this, such as a mechanical or electrical failure, or is it a security-related event?

Also, that is impressive out of the box thinking -- doing a big-picture information pull for creating the understanding of events in a larger context.

ty!
I am not sure

commercial aviation lover - have gone there before to listen to all sorts of airport towers!

never seen that before so I don't know !

I am going to see if i can memphis ATC they hub there!

There fine am listening a bit!

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kmem

And there is also the sentiment about UT heavily favoring minorities...some people think that if you are white you have no chance of getting in. They were sued several years ago by a white student who did not get in.

I have no idea what the acceptance rates are for white vs minorities but that is a very common idea amongst people here.

A little about UT's acceptance rates. Students in the top 7 percent of their class get automatic acceptance. When you look at the statistics of students who don't automatically get it, it's pretty clear that there is not a crazy racial bias going on. As far as that lawsuit, it was ridiculous. The girl simply wasn't a great student, very status quo. Her family had a long history of attending UT. She freaked out when she didn't get what she wanted and claimed racism. She was not even a top 10% student, so she was vying for a limited spot. (The majority of spots are claimed by automatic top 7% and top 10% students.) Her SAT scores were not impressive and her grade point average was also not impressive. She very overwhelmingly lost in court. The whole idea that if you're white you don't get in...is just bizarre.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/23/race-and-admissions-ut-austin-last-five-years/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman