TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird to hear it worded like this. It makes me curious what he said. Not a word about why? How could he confess to such a terrible crime and at the same time talk about how hard his life is? It makes me think he didn't have a whole lot of self-awareness.

Maybe too much self-awareness, ie it was all about him and his problems and bad feelings about his life, and zero awareness of the impact this was having on other people, in particular on the people he killed. Like when someone feels bad, they kick the cat, or hit their wife or whatever, then say: it's not my fault, I was having a bad day.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/21/know-far-austin-bombing-suspect-mark-conditt/

2 things new to me:

"Mark Roessler, an IT manager, lived across the street from the house and told The Telegraph that Conditt and his father Pat bought the house about two years ago as a “fixer upper project”.

He described Conditt as “very polite” said he and his father worked together for about a year, before Conditt moved in.

“It was obvious the dad had a loving bond for his son,” said Mr Roessler. “He confided in me he was trying to build their relationship.

“Mark was quiet. He invited me into the house two or three times and I saw the remodel work.

“Mark moved in sometime last year and I haven’t seen much of him since. I would see people his age, males, come and go from the house.”"

And

"After completing his studies Conditt worked for several years at a local semiconductor manufacturer, Crux Manufacturing, before being fired last August for poor performance, according to local television station KVUE-TV.

The business' owner, who spoke to the television station anonymously, said Conditt "seemed like a smart kid who showed a lot of promise" and worked in purchasing and sales.

"He was very quiet and introverted, and did not have any confrontations with management," the owner said, adding that he was given several warnings for not meeting expectations before he was fired.

"He would prioritize things in his own way.""

Rebecca Aguilar
‏

@RebeccaAguilar
2m2 minutes ago
More
Austin police chief "I know everybody is interested in a motive and understanding why and we are never going to be able to put a ration behind these acts. " (continue) #AustinBombings

Rebecca Aguilar
‏

@RebeccaAguilar
40s40 seconds ago
More
Austin police chief "But what I can tell you having listen to that recording, he does not at all mention anything about terrorism nor does he mention anything about hate." (continue) #AustinBombings

But hate and terror spoke for themselves every time he planted a bomb that exploded and destroyed lives. Of course, he's not going to admit he's a terrorist or that he's full of hate. He saw himself as righteous and justified in his actions.

Attempting to paint all this as some big unfortunate murder spree by a righteous good Christian is wrong.

Maybe too much self-awareness, ie it was all about him and his problems and bad feelings about his life, and zero awareness of the impact this was having on other people, in particular on the people he killed. Like when someone feels bad, they kick the cat, or hit their wife or whatever, then say: it's not my fault, I was having a bad day.

I mean more in the psychological way. Not being selfish, but knowing himself. I agree he was selfish or self-centered. Someone with self-awareness is well-adjusted. Saying "I did this thing because my life is so hard" says (to me) he doesn't know himself at all. Lots of people have crappy lives but very few are then motivated to do what he did. Something else must have been going on in him. Was he that clueless about his motivations? JMO, and only based on what they said at the PC.

In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/self-awareness-matters-how-you-can-be-more-self-aware/

But hate and terror spoke for themselves every time he planted a bomb that exploded and destroyed lives. Of course, he's not going to admit he's a terrorist or that he's full of hate. He saw himself as righteous and justified in his actions.

Attempting to paint all this as some big unfortunate murder spree by a righteous good Christian is wrong.

I wonder if the police chief's meaning of terrorism is in the Islamic extremist type of meaning. It could have been more detailed to know the exact meaning.

I agree he is a terrorist and terrorized.

I've gotta take a break from this thread now.

I'm marking my spot. I'm gonna go play in the yard with my kids. :heartbeat:

I agree Betty P, Sounds like the Chief is accepting the words and ignoring the actions. Chief needs to take a step back
and let someone with more expertise and experience analyze his motives and the whole real persona of the killer.
A good behavioralist could read the info they've collected thus far and come up with a comprehensive story regarding
his motive. The information is there they just have to interpret it.

I wonder if the police chief's meaning of terrorism is in the Islamic extremist type of meaning. It could have been more detailed to know the exact meaning.

I agree he is a terrorist and terrorized.

I agree he is a terrorist and should be labeled as a Domestic Terrorist but the legal definitions of terrorism are different than the dictionary definition. (Which I think needs to change.)
"Domestic terrorism: Perpetrated by individuals and/or groups inspired by or associated with primarily U.S.-based movements that espouse extremist ideologies of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature."
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism

I agree Betty P, Sounds like the Chief is accepting the words and ignoring the actions. Chief needs to take a step back
and let someone with more expertise and experience analyze his motives and the whole real persona of the killer.
A good behavioralist could read the info they've collected thus far and come up with a comprehensive story regarding
his motive. The information is there they just have to interpret it.

agreed.
They haven't had enough time to read everything on his computer yet either.

I've gotta take a break from this thread now.

I'm marking my spot. I'm gonna go play in the yard with my kids. :heartbeat:

Ditto here, need a break and heading to yoga. Wow, what a couple of days/few weeks. I'm sending prayers to all those injured, families & friends of those killed, and those of the bomber. And to all of you also affected by this horrible period in our town's history. Peace out.

http://katu.com/news/nation-world/what-we-know-about-serial-bombing-suspect-mark-anthony-conditt

• So. how did investigators finally track Conditt down to a hotel in Round Rock late Tuesday night? Senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that Conditt turned on his cell phone at some point, alerting police to his location. After leaving the hotel in his car, Conditt pulled over into a ditch and blew himself up as Austin police and SWAT closed in on him.
This is going to be interesting. He must have been in the area of the Red Roof Inn but not staying there.

But how the heck can they say he pulled over into a ditch? When the photo shows a van rammed into the rear oh MAC veh? And the bullet holes in the car. Scary as heck. Hero's but just looking at photos it doesn't look the same. They did a pit maneuver on that red SUVc. Happens and it was clearly important to do here but reporting is not showing that. Photo does. Other tweets said that they ran up to the car and he blew up the bomb. Then why shoot off the gun? JMHO

MAC veh heli view 2.jpg
mac veh.JPG
mac car.JPG

agreed.
They haven't had enough time to read everything on his computer yet either.

I think they'll find more. Maybe it won't explain why he did it but might explain how he got to that place. If that makes sense.

Infuriating! Innocent people died.
He is a coward.

Certainly a Sociopath, at least. Deadly cruelty to others but poor me. Introverted some say. Quiet some say. Deep thinker some say. Does things his own way some say. Fired for what reason?? Does not sound well adjusted to me.

Agree. Family gives young son carte blanch to his own finances and doesn't monitor his spending while he still lives in the house.

View attachment 131837

I agree totally.

I am wondering how so many religions justify having guns and hating people such as POC and LGBTQ

Lol. Not like that. Lol

But the feds first praised him for his work and smartness.

And then 1 second later he runs to FedEx with a bomb.

That just told me he was too impatient and was too eager for more notoriety way too soon.

Jmo.

He was 24 and by tax records co-owner of a house. He was an adult. He didn't live with his parents. Not sure your point here?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What would indicate going off the deep end to a family that had their kids at survivalist training and RIOT?

What are survivalists? And I can never understand Jesus and guns. Thou shalt not kill. Love one another. That kind of stuff. It is a mystery to me

Of course not but we should be calling him what he is. A domestic terrorist.

Homemade bombs found in the home.

Very expansive area closed off.

Mitigating hazards. Removing homemade bombs took most of the afternoon.

Very chilling.

Once again, terrorism has a pretty clear definition. What political agenda was he attempting to advance? He may very well have a motive that falls under the definition of terrorism, I just haven’t seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you seen his social media, and his school anti gay marriage essay, he's on cops side not ****s etc. I was right about him not liking Gays,and BLM.
His social media has extremist written all over it. Also terrorist go around bombing innocent people. That's what terrorist do.

What makes a person decide to create bombs and start dropping them off at random houses, setting up trip wires and mailing them?
No motive, no reason? Depressed, bored? Psychopath? Most bombers have a message, a manifesto even.
No clue why he decided or did it but I suppose the 25 min recording on his phone was his manifesto. Since he turned it on he had it with him. My fear is what if he only mentioned 7 found 7 but there are more? The LEO/FBI need Austin to get calm, but jmho there is that fear out there for me anyways.

Agree Leyash,

There's a motive in this story, it just hasn't been discovered YET. I think with enough digging the picture will become
clearer on WHY he did this.

Wonder when was the last time he spent time with his family? His grandmother?? His Aunt???
His sisters???
Maybe he walled himself off as he spiraled down into his dark pit. Wonder what his roommates would say about his
behavior. Surely with enough questioning officals can paint a better picture of what happened to him.

Not sure on when stuff but he went to Colorado at Christmas per one Tweet. I know this is mid March but just saying what I did see

Can I just say a big thank you to leyash and arkansasmimi for your contributions to the thread! Leyash this is unfolding in your neighborhood, and I do hope you take care of yourself. I know I would be freaking out, but you have helped us understand so much about the area and I appreciate that!

And Arkansasmimi - thank you for all the MSM links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thank you leyash! Your experiences with this terrible event demonstrate how these horrible crimes hurt entire communities in addition to those killed and wounded. It traumatizes everyone in the area and takes away their feelings of safety and security where they live.

Mimi, LE should be able to trace the # of foreign bought batteries to the # of detonated bombs. Might not be exact
if he built some bombs and detonated them for practice, which he probably did. Surely someone saw this, if he did.
even homemade bombs are loud, IME.
But then that may be why LE is still warning people to be careful. Maybe they suspect there really are more out there.

Maybe he had to turn phone on to record his confession. ??

They said it was recorded about 9pm last night but it was long after that when turned phone on and the wreck/explosion. Or that is my understanding. I could be wrong.

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, I'm sure... but I'm so torn. I feel SO bad for the victims families. I really do. I can't imagine losing a loved one to something like this. My child? My husband? I can't begin to imagine.

But me and Mr .Leyash were talking while taking pics, and I kept saying, "How SAD must you be? How DARK is your soul?"

To be able to do something like this... like, he had to have been in a REALLY bad spot. I feel bad for his family as well, I can only imagine they didn't really know that this was going on, and all of it is likely a complete shock to them.

But goodness, I feel bad for him. Maybe I'm just a little loony myself... but I can't help but feel bad for him and how much he must have hated life, and been depressed, and all of that. I truly feel bad for him that he felt his life was SO awful that he had to do something like this.

I'm also struggling because it makes it that much more real that I can drive 3 minutes down the street and watch all of this unfold. That makes it a little harder to take in as well.
Kinda with you there, but not totally. my heart is torn for the victim's families, and very sad for MAC's parents, grandma and sisters. But i just hope he is burning in hell, no matter what he was going through.
Aaanyway, you are doing a great job, and I really understand how overwhelmed you've must be, with all this tragedies practically happening in your alley, so, thank you, be safe and strong. God bless!

At least he had the common decency to blow himself up. So I don't have to hear how law should go easy on him because of his sob life story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth