DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KXAN News
‏Verified account
@KXAN_News
1m1 minute ago
More
Police have recovered a 45-minute recording of the bombing suspect confessing and describing the six bombs he constructed.

There’s the manifesto Gitana was looking for...

Spectrum News Austin
‏
Verified account

@SpecNewsATX
37s38 seconds ago
More
.@chief_manley There was no reason given for why the suspect selected the addresses he did #AustinBombings

Patrick Svitek
‏
Verified account

@PatrickSvitek
1m1 minute ago
More
Austin police chief says Conditt's recording also included "indications of actions he was willing to take in the future." Chief declines to elaborate further. #AustinBombings

Lauren McGaughy
‏
Verified account

@lmcgaughy
1m1 minute ago
More
MORE: "What was the motive? What was the reason? Sometimes we can’t assign reason to irrational acts," Chief says. "This was a very troubled young man…There were also indications about actions he was willing to take in the future."

Can I just say a big thank you to leyash and arkansasmimi for your contributions to the thread! Leyash this is unfolding in your neighborhood, and I do hope you take care of yourself. I know I would be freaking out, but you have helped us understand so much about the area and I appreciate that!

And Arkansasmimi - thank you for all the MSM links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Svitek
‏
Verified account

@PatrickSvitek
48s48 seconds ago
More
Austin police chief says Conditt made confession recording between 9 and 11 p.m. last night. He indicated "he felt like we getting very close to him." #AustinBombings

Vin Tanner
‏

@SurburbanCowboy
52s52 seconds ago
More Vin Tanner Retweeted Lauren McGaughy
Outside of the tape, none of which is disclosed in the story, there's nothing new here. But still a good recap. #AustinBombings

Patrick Svitek
‏
Verified account

@PatrickSvitek
48s48 seconds ago
More
Austin police chief says Conditt made confession recording between 9 and 11 p.m. last night. He indicated "he felt like we getting very close to him." #AustinBombings

What makes a person decide to create bombs and start dropping them off at random houses, setting up trip wires and mailing them?
No motive, no reason? Depressed, bored? Psychopath? Most bombers have a message, a manifesto even.

More
Manley: Officers following #AustinBombings suspect decided to stop him on frontage road of I-35. Stopped vehicle, APD officers approached & banged on windows. Then video shows “tremendous explosion” and officers “fall back from the blast,” he says.

Ryan Gaydos
‏

@RyanGaydos
57s58 seconds ago
More
“We have, at this point, located a recording that the suspect in this incident made. It is about a 25 minute recording where he talks about what he has done. I would classify this as a confession.” #Austinbombings

You are a kind-hearted, compassionate lady, leyash. And living so close to all this, I can understand why you might have more compassion than those of us who are further away and not impacted by what has been occurring in your “neighborhood.” All the ”what ifs” may start creeping into your thoughts, too. You be sure to take care of yourself, and pull away if you need, or share your thoughts with us if it helps. I suspect it is a form of PTSD, but that's just my guess. If it overwhelms you too much, you may want to talk to a therapist a few times.

Thank you for sharing the photo. It does reinforce the reality in a way news articles can’t. To actually feel our friends’ hurting because of this ... I wish I culd wrap you in a big hug. :grouphug:

Thank you. :heartbeat:

I just have to know what was ailing him. I really hope they release the recording (doubtful though). What was going on in his head? When did he decide that this was the answer? Was he on medication? Ever diagnosed with mental illness?

So many questions. What led to this? I just want to understand, though I don't think I ever will because the rational side of my brain will always take over and say, "But you could have done THIS, or THAT.... not kill people!"

STOP with the race stuff. This is NOT about race!!!!

Sarah Rosario
‏
Verified account

@sarahbrosario
36s37 seconds ago
More
#UPDATE #AustinBombings Police recovered a confession on suspect’s phone where he describes bombs he constructed & talks about their differences. No mention of terrorism or hate. Police: “It’s the outcry of a challenged young man talking about the challenges in his life.”

It's so weird to hear it worded like this. It makes me curious what he said. Not a word about why? How could he confess to such a terrible crime and at the same time talk about how hard his life is? It makes me think he didn't have a whole lot of self-awareness.

Lauren Lanmon
‏

@LaurenLanmon
15m15 minutes ago
More Lauren Lanmon Retweeted Lauren Lanmon
Moore: This could never be called a happy ending, but it’s a damn good one for the people in Texas. I’m proud to be here today to say we got it done. #austinbombings @KXAN_News

Agree Leyash,

There's a motive in this story, it just hasn't been discovered YET. I think with enough digging the picture will become
clearer on WHY he did this.

Wonder when was the last time he spent time with his family? His grandmother?? His Aunt???
His sisters???
Maybe he walled himself off as he spiraled down into his dark pit. Wonder what his roommates would say about his
behavior. Surely with enough questioning officals can paint a better picture of what happened to him.

It's so weird to hear it worded like this. It makes me curious what he said. Not a word about why? How could he confess to such a terrible crime and at the same time talk about how hard his life is? It makes me think he didn't have a whole lot of self-awareness.

Makes me believe he was a psychopath. Well, we all have hard times in life but many of us do not create bombs and kill others.

What makes a person decide to create bombs and start dropping them off at random houses, setting up trip wires and mailing them?
No motive, no reason? Depressed, bored? Psychopath? Most bombers have a message, a manifesto even.

I want to die but I want to blow **** up first?

http://katu.com/news/nation-world/what-we-know-about-serial-bombing-suspect-mark-anthony-conditt

• So. how did investigators finally track Conditt down to a hotel in Round Rock late Tuesday night? Senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that Conditt turned on his cell phone at some point, alerting police to his location. After leaving the hotel in his car, Conditt pulled over into a ditch and blew himself up as Austin police and SWAT closed in on him.

Maybe he had to turn phone on to record his confession. ??

Makes me believe he was a psychopath. Well, we all have hard times in life but many of us do not create bombs and kill others.

Certainly a Sociopath, at least. Deadly cruelty to others but poor me. Introverted some say. Quiet some say. Deep thinker some say. Does things his own way some say. Fired for what reason?? Does not sound well adjusted to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers