TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. However, I never see this level of compassion when the defendant is from certain other groups or backgrounds. Never. No one feels for those dudes or excuses their behavior or minimizes it or even wonders what went wrong. Their family and friends are routinely vilified as having to have known something.

The difference in response from society is stark and total and obvious.

Since we learned of the identity of this coward, I have seen much more compassion and understanding toward him and his family than I have toward his actual victims.

And he's getting an incredible amount of gentle, posthumous publicity. Whole articles about who he was. Article after article. The NY Times is typical. Multiple paragraphs all about this coward and who he was, his background, his education, his family, his religion and his motivations. But his victims? All it says about them is:

"The first bombs hit members of African-American families who were well known locally, killing a 17-year-old boy and a 39-year-old man. Mr. Conditt was white."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/mark-anthony-conditt-austin-bomber.html

That's pathetic. It's unconscionable. And IMO it's why our country is so messed up and so many copycats find this a viable way out of their awful lives. This man has become a tragic, pathetic, figure and a hero to countless other alienated young men sitting alone at their computers wondering how to make the world pay for not giving them what they think they're entitled to.

I have a problem with that. When I type the victim's names into the search engine, I come up with only three posts in thread two mentioning Dralyen Mason, a talented 17 year old student and bass player accepted into the selective Butler School of Music at the University of Texas at Austin, and 7 posts come up in thread 1, and for Anthony Stephan House, a 39 year old project manager for Texas Quarries, only two posts come up in thread one when I searched his name and 8 posts come up in thread one, many of those just quoting the very sad few posts that mention these innocent human beings by name.

Ten posts for each victim in 10 days.

But type in the coward's name? 18 posts in less than 10 hours.

Why? Why is he more important to everyone than them?

So here are the forgotten, innocent people I feel the most sorry for, and their families:

Anthony Stephan House, 39
attachment.php

He was a senior project manager at Texas Quarries, a supplier of limestone, quiet, humble and self-assured, a father of a little, 8 year old girl and a graduate of Texas State University. A talented athlete, a well-liked guy who focused on the positive even though he suffered the loss of a brother to murder.
His little daughter was inside the house when he was killed by the explosion outside. Can you imagine?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-in-austin-bombings/?utm_term=.56c2305ec3e8

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/21/5955...emembered-for-resilience-radiating-positivity

Draylen Mason, 17
attachment.php

He was “an accomplished musician who was heading to college, but he could also make you laugh before he even opened his mouth”. He was an East Austin College Prep student whose mom was also injured by the blast.
“He was amazing, so passionate and very well-rounded,” said junior Eli Hernandez, 17, who described Mason as something of a role model. “Everyone could see he had a bright future with music.”
“He was every inch a musician . . . the very most remarkable talent in a most remarkable youth orchestra program . . . He carried himself with a kind of quiet maturity that belied his youth,” Dempster said in a statement. He said Mason expected to become a Longhorn in the fall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-in-austin-bombings/?utm_term=.56c2305ec3e8

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/21/5955...emembered-for-resilience-radiating-positivity

These were human beings. Innocent people with their lives ahead of them. Where is the sorrow for them? For their families?
Thank you, Gitana, for bringing me back to what really matters. It’s easy to get caught up in the “hoopla” and forget the victims.

I have no idea if he drank but there is a very popular sports bar a couple blocks from his house. It has sand volleyball, music... Lots of reasons to hang out there besides alcohol. Going there doesn't say anything about a person.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hanovers Draught Haus at Pecan and Railroad. Great place. Karaoke, amazing draft beer selection, plus all you mentioned. Used to go when I lived out that way years ago.

No offense, but it was the right move. He had two bombs in the car and was a huge risk to the public, including everyone on and along the highway. The officers weren't concerned with his safety or of their own. They were focused on stopping him as quickly as possible before he lobbed his bombs at other cars on the road way or at some gas tanks at the closest filling station, etc. They were very brave to put their own lives at risk to stop him, because that was the most important thing: stopping him.

As for preserving his own life, all he had to do was stop his car and put his hands out the window to show he was surrendering.

They would have had traffic way in front of him diverted or stopped. Not sure how far they followed him. It is just strange looking at the car.
They at the time didn't know what he had with him. The LEO were brave doing their job, putting their lives in harms way every day. It was crazy times for them and thankful that neither were injured other than a minor.

Maybe someday we will be able to see dashcams and so forth. But since no trial (unless there is someone else involved they find out) we may never.

You can see it right there. A cry for help? Sorry, he was enjoying it.

Sadly I have to agree. He was probably sitting back laughing at all the news reports of his victims being killed or injured and gloating that the police couldn't catch him.

A thoroughly nasty piece of work.

In the recording, the suspect did not mention "anything about terrorism, nor does he mention anything about hate," the police chief said. The message is rather "the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his personal life."
[/I]

So some here, who spoke about how hard it is for young people to get by these days, might be on the right track.

I think if he had been motivated by hate, he surely would have ranted and raved a bit on his good bye video to the world.

Disclaimer: I was looking to try to find if it was audio or video is why I posted and highlighted. Someone had thought maybe he had recorded it while driving I was looking. As I had been more into reading what was going on from Tweets by APD and Media at time.

From my understanding, when he was stopped, they shot, and then assuming he'd been disarmed and incapacitated, they went up to the car. He was on a VERY busy highway. They likely weren't concerned for their own safety, as much as they were for the people that were on the highway. There's just that small grassy area separating both sides of the highway, so I'm thinking they wanted to nab him before he could flee, or hurt other people (throw a bomb, etc.)

I understand all that. But I also watch car chases on one site (they are crazy!) And there are things they have to do. They radio ahead and get traffic shut down, sometimes put down spikes lots of diff stuff. I have no idea how far they had went prior to the contact with vehicle. All I know is looking at the vehicles from the helicopter photos. They made rear contact with it. And the shots came from the drivers side. I have no idea what went on.
I don't understand why they had to use "jaws of life" to open the door but looks like they did by the huge dent/bend in drivers door. Maybe it bent the frame when van hit the rear.

Found this, so maybe this explains why the windshield was still together and others not. I knew this but wasn't sure.

Safety standards call for automobile windows to be made from laminated and tempered glass. Laminated glass is what your windshield is composed of, while side and back windows have tempered glass. Laminated glass is far superior and stronger than tempered glass, it has to be since front windshields get hit with a variety a projectiles, from rocks and debris kicked up by other cars to larger and crazier things we hear on the news. While tempered glass used on side windows is comparatively weaker, it is nonetheless practically impossible to break without the right tools
Read more at http://www.sun-gazing.com/case-emer...window-result-save-lives/#99hWjCHs866gqLUh.99

You can see it right there. A cry for help? Sorry, he was enjoying it.

Frankly, from what I'm reading, I don't think he had any real feelings for much. <modsnip> Seems like a very superficial person, was described as socially awkward, supposedly his "confession" was about his challenges. Hmmm, again all about him, never mind the people who died. I don't even think he enjoyed it, probably thought the reaction to the bombs was interesting.

I just feel he was an invisible person who felt little to nothing and cared little to nothing for others. Not sociopathic, just an empty shell (not one I feel sorry for at all).

You are right. However, I never see this level of compassion when the defendant is from certain other groups or backgrounds. Never. No one feels for those dudes or excuses their behavior or minimizes it or even wonders what went wrong. Their family and friends are routinely vilified as having to have known something.

Since we learned of the identity of this coward, I have seen much more compassion and understanding toward him and his family than I have toward his actual victims.

So here are the forgotten, innocent people I feel the most sorry for, and their families:

These were human beings. Innocent people with their lives ahead of them. Where is the sorrow for them? For their families?

I can't help but feel that you are responding to what I commented about feeling sorry for MAC. If you read my ENTIRE quote, you would have seen that I said I felt bad for everyone involved, not JUST the victims, not JUST their families, not JUST MAC, but everyone. Each. Individual. Person. You'll have to excuse me for taking this comment personally. This is the FIRST case I've been THIS close to, and watching it unfold in my own neighborhood is a bit traumatizing, scary, and surreal. If the guy were black, poor, Asian, rich, etc. I'd STILL feel the same way. His skin color, money, none of that matters to me... I would feel the same way about all people involved, regardless.

Maybe it's time I step away from this for good now.

That is a pretty neighborhood, with the sweet little white church right there. Must feel so surreal.

It's a really nice area, honestly. Never in a million years...

A lot of the houses are very old (80+ years), but it's a quiet, quaint, neighborhood, with a lot of old people and families.

Beautiful, touching post. Great work deanonimizing those that suffered the worst in this tragedy. Let's keep saying the victims name: Anthony Stephan House and Draylen Mason.
You are right. However, I never see this level of compasson when the defendant is from certain other groups or backgrounds. Never. No one feels for those dudes or excuses their behavior or minimizes it or even wonders what went wrong. Their family and friends are routinely vilified as having to have known something.

The difference in response from society is stark and total and obvious.

And he's getting an incredible amount of gentle, posthumous publicity. Whole articles about who he was. Article after article. The NY Times is typical. Multiple paragraphs all about this coward and who he was, his background, his education, his family, his religion and his motivations. But his victims? All it says about them is:

"The first bombs hit members of African-American families who were well known locally, killing a 17-year-old boy and a 39-year-old man. Mr. Conditt was white."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/us/mark-anthony-conditt-austin-bomber.html

That's pathetic. It's unconscionable. And IMO it's why our country is so messed up and so many copycats find this a viable way out of their awful lives. This man has become a tragic, pathetic, figure and a hero to countless other alienated young men sitting alone at their computers wondering how to make the world pay for not giving them what they think they're entitled to.

I have a problem with that. When I type the victim's names into the search engine, I come up with only three posts in thread two mentioning Dralyen Mason, a talented 17 year old student and bass player accepted into the selective Butler School of Music at the University of Texas at Austin, and 7 posts come up in thread 1, and for Anthony Stephan House, a 39 year old project manager for Texas Quarries, only two posts come up in thread one when I searched his name and 8 posts come up in thread one, many of those just quoting the very sad few posts that mention these innocent human beings by name.

Ten posts for each victim in 10 days.

But type in the coward's name? 18 posts in less than 10 hours.

Why? Why is he more important to everyone than them?

Anthony Stephan House, 39
attachment.php

He was a senior project manager at Texas Quarries, a supplier of limestone, quiet, humble and self-assured, a father of a little, 8 year old girl and a graduate of Texas State University. A talented athlete, a well-liked guy who focused on the positive even though he suffered the loss of a brother to murder.
His little daughter was inside the house when he was killed by the explosion outside. Can you imagine?

Draylen Mason, 17
attachment.php

He was &#8220;an accomplished musician who was heading to college, but he could also make you laugh before he even opened his mouth&#8221;. He was an East Austin College Prep student whose mom was also injured by the blast.
&#8220;He was amazing, so passionate and very well-rounded,&#8221; said junior Eli Hernandez, 17, who described Mason as something of a role model. &#8220;Everyone could see he had a bright future with music.&#8221;
&#8220;He was every inch a musician .&#8201;.&#8201;. the very most remarkable talent in a most remarkable youth orchestra program .&#8201;.&#8201;. He carried himself with a kind of quiet maturity that belied his youth,&#8221; Dempster said in a statement. He said Mason expected to become a Longhorn in the fall.

Thanks, it also clarifies what I had thought that they did the pit maneuver. Still possible that that set off the bombs. It is easy to think about it hindsight but in the moment it could have seemed he detonated it but could have been the jar of the vehicles.

By photos and this, it shows he was on the access road, that he didn't use the on ramp to highway. JMHO

I can't help but feel that you are responding to what I commented about feeling sorry for MAC. If you read my ENTIRE quote, you would have seen that I said I felt bad for everyone involved, not JUST the victims, not JUST their families, not JUST MAC, but everyone. Each. Individual. Person. You'll have to excuse me for taking this comment personally. This is the FIRST case I've been THIS close to, and watching it unfold in my own neighborhood is a bit traumatizing, scary, and surreal. If the guy were black, poor, Asian, rich, etc. I'd STILL feel the same way. His skin color, money, none of that matters to me... I would feel the same way about all people involved, regardless.

Maybe it's time I step away from this for good now.

I wonder if his roommate, the one whose mother spoke to the reporter, knew either of the fatalities. Don't step away unless it is something you wish to do. Scroll and roll if something seems personal. JMHO

Infuriating! Innocent people died.
He is a coward.

Certainly a Sociopath, at least. Deadly cruelty to others but poor me. Introverted some say. Quiet some say. Deep thinker some say. Does things his own way some say. Fired for what reason?? Does not sound well adjusted to me.

Agree. Family gives young son carte blanch to his own finances and doesn't monitor his spending while he still lives in the house.

View attachment 131837

I agree totally.

I am wondering how so many religions justify having guns and hating people such as POC and LGBTQ

Lol. Not like that. Lol

But the feds first praised him for his work and smartness.

And then 1 second later he runs to FedEx with a bomb.

That just told me he was too impatient and was too eager for more notoriety way too soon.

Jmo.

He was 24 and by tax records co-owner of a house. He was an adult. He didn't live with his parents. Not sure your point here?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What would indicate going off the deep end to a family that had their kids at survivalist training and RIOT?

What are survivalists? And I can never understand Jesus and guns. Thou shalt not kill. Love one another. That kind of stuff. It is a mystery to me

Of course not but we should be calling him what he is. A domestic terrorist.

Homemade bombs found in the home.

Very expansive area closed off.

Mitigating hazards. Removing homemade bombs took most of the afternoon.

Very chilling.

Once again, terrorism has a pretty clear definition. What political agenda was he attempting to advance? He may very well have a motive that falls under the definition of terrorism, I just haven’t seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a scary and dangerous job that is. So grateful he wasn’t able to put any more of his arsenal to use. Good riddance to anyone who wants to hurt others, especially innocent, unsuspecting people. Truly a despicable person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people are pissed about rap music. Damn.

I am trying to be clear here. His church has many activities where he could go to be with people of like mindedness, I am not looking at the activities of some random person. I am looking at the activities of a serial killer to see what they may indicate. Going to a bar when it says that he is very religious and could choose a church activity instead sticks out.

And being very religious when the Bible says , “Thou shalt not kill”, sticks out when one has chosen to be a serial killer.

I am amazed at the windshield still being intact. Can see where truck door has bullet holes?
I wonder MAC set it off on purpose or the wrecking of his car set it off?
View attachment 131834

View attachment 131835

SABBM

Good observation.
MAC's family is probably not going to admit it-- since then the public might want to know why they didn't warn anyone about him.
Families usually know a person better than anyone else.

So sad.... there's the possibility that this tragedy was entirely preventable !
Don't hesitate to turn even family members in if you suspect they're going off the deep end in life.
:moo:

I posted on Reddit that he may as well have labeled the boxes "bomb inside"! That wig and the gloves made him so suspicious looking!

Sadly I have to agree. He was probably sitting back laughing at all the news reports of his victims being killed or injured and gloating that the police couldn't catch him.

A thoroughly nasty piece of work.

Thank you, Gitana, for bringing me back to what really matters. It&#8217;s easy to get caught up in the &#8220;hoopla&#8221; and forget the victims.
Yes thank you. For showing us the wonderful lives he snuffed out.
I don't get all the this poor guy boohoo hoo over the terrorist.

Austin bomber had a list of targets and made a 'confession' video, but motive remains a mystery

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-austin-bombings-suspect-20180321-story.html

Officials described a harrowing scene at the end of the chase. After Austin police forced Conditt off the road to prevent him from getting on a freeway, officers surrounded the vehicle and banged on the windows, at which point Conditt set off a blast that sent officers flying backward. One officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

"Your officers, officers you have known for years, charge into what we knew was a dangerous situation," Manley said.

An officer also fired a gunshot at the vehicle, said authorities, who didn't clarify whether that was before or after the explosion or whether Conditt was killed as a result of "significant injuries" from the blast or by a gunshot.

Officials, who discovered a bomb-making room in Conditt's home in the Austin suburb of Pflugerville, still haven't offered any theories for why Conditt embarked on a bombing campaign that left two dead, four injured and an entire city unnerved.

But they discovered at least one chilling piece of evidence after the hunt was over: a "target list" with "additional addresses we believe he was using for future targets," McCaul said. Officials said they still don't know how or why Conditt chose his targets.

"If we had not found this man, there would have been more devices, and more innocent civilians would have been hurt and been killed," said FBI Special Agent Christopher Combs.

Were those targets/addresses related to POC? If it is, recording or not can show another motive.

Ok, so yes - he was in between the service road and the interstate. Didn't quite know where the accident happened... there's no grassy area at this part of the highway.

Thanks for clarifying.

I have been following along the last few days, and just want to say thanks for your input (here and downstairs yesterday)! I was reading last night when you were posting about the helicopters and moving your kids to another room and how loud it was.

I came back here last night when the news broke that they got him... first thing I did this morning was look for your posts. I have been in and out all day, so have missed a bunch of posts, so I'm curious... how close are you to where he lived? where they found him? it's okay if you don't want to answer :) Only curious because you heard those helicopters last night. Scary stuff with it being so close to home for you. I'm glad it appears to be over for you all, can't even imagine how scared you all must have been.

I have been following along the last few days, and just want to say thanks for your input (here and downstairs yesterday)! I was reading last night when you were posting about the helicopters and moving your kids to another room and how loud it was.

I came back here last night when the news broke that they got him... first thing I did this morning was look for your posts. I have been in and out all day, so have missed a bunch of posts, so I'm curious... how close are you to where he lived? where they found him? it's okay if you don't want to answer :) Only curious because you heard those helicopters last night. Scary stuff with it being so close to home for you. I'm glad it appears to be over for you all, can't even imagine how scared you all must have been.

I am about a mile from his home. My kids school is 1/4 mile from his home. I drove by several times today, and I posted a picture. I am about 6 miles from where he was caught (he was in Round Rock, a neighboring city). We went to the same Home Depot (where he bought his supplies - I was there twice last week), and I am about 4-5 miles, if that, from the first bombing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3