TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird because 2 reporters stated that he was not listed at the hotel or the one next door. So was he there seeing someone?

Authorities were lying wait outside his hotel waiting for reinforcements and protective equipment when Conditt came out, got in his car and drove down the road

After police stopped the car, Conditt detonated a seventh bomb, knocking down police who were banging on the suspect's windows.

One officer fired a shot at the car.

The medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death, but Manley said, "The injuries that he sustained by the explosion were significant."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-recorded-confession-video-article-1.3888904

I am about a mile from his home. My kids school is 1/4 mile from his home. I drove by several times today, and I posted a picture. I am about 6 miles from where he was caught (he was in Round Rock, a neighboring city). We went to the same Home Depot (where he bought his supplies - I was there twice last week), and I am about 4-5 miles, if that, from the first bombing.

Ohhh WOW! I figured you had to be pretty close after reading your posts last night, but not that close!!!! Uggh for you :( I will have a look at your posts from the day to find the picture, thanks again! I hope you can sleep better tonight :heartbeat:

This is weird because 2 reporters stated that he was not listed at the hotel or the one next door. So was he there seeing someone?

Authorities were lying wait outside his hotel waiting for reinforcements and protective equipment when Conditt came out, got in his car and drove down the road

After police stopped the car, Conditt detonated a seventh bomb, knocking down police who were banging on the suspect's windows.

One officer fired a shot at the car.

The medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death, but Manley said, "The injuries that he sustained by the explosion were significant."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-recorded-confession-video-article-1.3888904

There was a VERY heavy police presence near his house lastnight. My thoughts are that he knew that, and saw that, and went to the hotel to get away. He thought it was a good hiding place. But, if they WERE onto him, he couldn't check in under his name... because then LE would know. So he hung out in the parking lot. May have gone inside the building to use the bathroom, get a snack, make a phone call, etc. But he didn't actually CHECK into the hotel.

There was a VERY heavy police presence near his house lastnight. My thoughts are that he knew that, and saw that, and went to the hotel to get away. He thought it was a good hiding place. But, if they WERE onto him, he couldn't check in under his name... because then LE would know. So he hung out in the parking lot. May have gone inside the building to use the bathroom, get a snack, make a phone call, etc. But he didn't actually CHECK into the hotel.

Agree. Because if he had been at his home last night they would have gotten him. I was just commenting on the managers that told the reporters that he wasn't listed there. One even said that didn't think it started from their parking lot. I will have to dig through my posts as it confusing. So much will be because it so early and a fluid situation.

I just want everything to be as they are saying so it doesn't come back on LEO.

Agree. Because if he had been at his home last night they would have gotten him. I was just commenting on the managers that told the reporters that he wasn't listed there. One even said that didn't think it started from their parking lot. I will have to dig through my posts as it confusing. So much will be because it so early and a fluid situation.

I just want everything to be as they are saying so it doesn't come back on LEO.

I think they probably have it all figured out already. The hotel manager may just want to not draw attention because it may keep people from wanting to stay there because "what if there's a bomb?"

So, I think they were probably upfront with LE, but maybe lied to the public in order to not put a bad taste in mouths about their hotel.

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, I'm sure... but I'm so torn. I feel SO bad for the victims families. I really do. I can't imagine losing a loved one to something like this. My child? My husband? I can't begin to imagine.

But me and Mr .Leyash were talking while taking pics, and I kept saying, "How SAD must you be? How DARK is your soul?"

To be able to do something like this... like, he had to have been in a REALLY bad spot. I feel bad for his family as well, I can only imagine they didn't really know that this was going on, and all of it is likely a complete shock to them.

But goodness, I feel bad for him. Maybe I'm just a little loony myself... but I can't help but feel bad for him and how much he must have hated life, and been depressed, and all of that. I truly feel bad for him that he felt his life was SO awful that he had to do something like this.

I'm also struggling because it makes it that much more real that I can drive 3 minutes down the street and watch all of this unfold. That makes it a little harder to take in as well.

Having too much compassion and empathy is not a good thing.

When too much empathy is dangerous
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/when-too-much-empathy-is-dangerous-1.1443581

Can You Have Too Much Empathy?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wander-woman/201704/can-you-have-too-much-empathy

Why Empathy Is Bad
https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/paul-bloom-makes-a-weirdly-convincing-anti-empathy-argument.html

Empathy is not the term I would use for what I am feeling. I DON'T understand, NOR can I feel his same feelings. So empathy is not the right word. Sympathy would be the term that I would use.

I am also not going to get into "I make bad decisions" or "don't make logical decisions" because I might have empathy for someone. This isn't going to turn into a bashing session because I feel sorrow for everyone involved. Sorry, not doing it.

I think they probably have it all figured out already. The hotel manager may just want to not draw attention because it may keep people from wanting to stay there because "what if there's a bomb?"

So, I think they were probably upfront with LE, but maybe lied to the public in order to not put a bad taste in mouths about their hotel.

Not sure. Just know what was Tweeted by 2 different reporters from different stations.

Post 815 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ustin-Package-Bombs-2&p=14009347#post14009347
Destiny Chance
‏@DestinyonFOX7 6m6 minutes ago
#BREAKING There is no record of the bombing suspect Mark Anthony Conditt of ever staying at the Red Roof Inn in Round Rock - according to the general manager and surveillance video. @fox7austin #AustinBombings #atx #austin #news

Post 841
Alyssa Goard
@AlyssaMGoard 4h4 hours ago
Red Roof Inn on I-35 Round Rock says they checked their records and that the bombing suspect never stayed there. Woodspring Suites next door says he wasn’t staying their either. To their knowledge neither believes the chase of the suspect started in their parking lot @KXAN_News – at Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock

Why can’t anybody say radical Right wing terrorism? We’ve seen it over and over since Timothy McVey. But nobody in power says it... nobody wants to do anything about it. Yet the deaths keep mounting...

Empathy is not the term I would use for what I am feeling. I DON'T understand, NOR can I feel his same feelings. So empathy is not the right word. Sympathy would be the term that I would use.

I am also not going to get into "I make bad decisions" or "don't make logical decisions" because I might have empathy for someone. This isn't going to turn into a bashing session because I feel sorrow for everyone involved. Sorry, not doing it.

JMO, but don't feel bad for your feelings. Don't apologize, skip and scroll :)

Has there been any confirmation re: the Goodwill incendiary device, since he was caught / deceased, as to whether he was in fact responsible for that and they were trying to lure him out by saying he wasn’t or it was actually that crazy of a coincidence that it went off so close to the investigation?

You can see it right there. A cry for help? Sorry, he was enjoying it.

Looking at Mark Conditt, he is an injustice collector. Many serial bombers are injustice collectors like George Metesky and Ted Kaczynski.

He was fired in August 2017 and he likely was consumed by that on top of every resentment he had. The job loss would be a loss that likely set him off.

THE SUSPECT: Mark Conditt driven by personal issues — not hate, cops say
https://www.mystatesman.com/news/th...ues-not-hate-cops-say/gjtbZoq6jaL72FavUu1vHK/

This caught my attention.

But Conditt also was “really rough around the edges” and sometimes difficult to deal with, Jensen said. “He was a very assertive person and would … end up being kind of dominant and intimidating in conversation.

I can see someone who likes and thrives in conflict. A high conflict person.

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

I do not know if he has any envy issues. I would not be surprised if he did. Conditt targeted Anthony Stephan House, Draylen Mason, and Travis Country. The victims were successful and Travis Country being a nice neighborhood full of successful people, while he was not.

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Why can’t anybody say radical Right wing terrorism? We’ve seen it over and over since Timothy McVey. But nobody in power says it... nobody wants to do anything about it. Yet the deaths keep mounting...

The motivation doesn't seem to be political, at least from what has been reported. Supposedly even his confession was just about his issues and problems, and not about politics.

Police question bomber's two roommates
http://www.kxan.com/news/local-news/police-question-bombers-two-roommates/1066572095

PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (KXAN) - Investigators questioned two people Wednesday who were close to serial bomber Mark Anthony Conditt, his roommates.

A parent of one of the roommates said she did not suspect Conditt was linked to several bombings that killed two people and injured four others.

Jennifer Withers says her 26-year-old son had recently moved into a new place owned by Conditt in Pflugerville. It was a renovated three-bedroom house with two other roommates.

Has there been any confirmation re: the Goodwill incendiary device, since he was caught / deceased, as to whether he was in fact responsible for that and they were trying to lure him out by saying he wasn’t or it was actually that crazy of a coincidence that it went off so close to the investigation?

They're still saying that's not connected. I'm curious about that dummy bomb back in January though, I wonder if that was a trial run by MAC.

Seems like he was suicidal and knew he was going to kill himself. Otherwise, why tape a confession?

It is the first time I have heard of a serial bomber commit suicide.

I thought this one had no intentions of being caught alive. He planned on committing suicide.

Hi my dear!

I so agree. For most I dont end up feeling hate for the perp

Sadness is more prevalent. There isnt as time passes and stuff is fleshed out ( usually here) there is an understanding.

Are the behaviors ok - of course not. But your post stirred lots of feelings - when I first got here I got lots of stuff for not being able to use the terms monster evil etc etc

Looking back quickly Luka Mag is one of the few that the word evil registers.

Most behave badly but if one hears them they are troubled and pained people.

Parkland kid still breaks my neart. Rodgers was sad. Llanza sick. Mateen hated himslf so badly that he had to hate others. Etc

I cant imagine what the families go through

Like you, (Pulse) this will live with you forever. Prior to Pulse I had heard people say stuff like it is so different when it is in your backyard

It is.

PUlse started the night before when the singer was killed in the Plaza . I used to go there all the time. It was a movie theatre

THen the next night was PUlse. I had been to PUlse.

It is a completely different experience when
it really is where you are.

You will never forget. It is OK. It becomes less intrusive with the passage of time but it will not go away.

That too is OK. In time.

You will ruminate - have spurts of intense feelings -- let them "be"

They are what they are.

We are here the best we can be -- allow yourself to feel and think what you feel and think.

It is a ride. It is very intrusive - for me actually it was for quite a while. It is just there.

It does diminish -- glad you all are OK - see someone if you find yourself in need

That too is fine

It is the first time I have heard of a serial bomber commit suicide.

I thought this one had no intentions of being caught alive. He planned on committing suicide.

In that way, this is very similar to a mass shooting (the tape explaining his hardships). Just the gun was replaced with bombs. I tend to think he planned on committing suicide this was his way of going out in a blaze of glory, not in a gunfight but just having done something to matyr himself.
I think his personality -whatever it was- has a lot to do with why he used bombs rather than guns.

Why wont they tell us who the packages were mailed to?

I think that is quite important no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member