TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, I hope they begin doing so.

like I said, I thought they did when they corrected mine, and thought it was a great system they had. Would have been annoying for my package to end up returned or lost or stolen because I left out a zero in the street number.

I am sure there is already software that can flag bad addies before they send them out.
I’m a driver for FedEx and I get on average one or two bad addresses a day. Usually the only way it ever makes it all the way to my truck is if the ZIP Code is wrong but the street exists in my area. Usually a package that was picked up and not dropped off by the sender.

Basically like this. So you’re meaning to send a package to
123 Fake St., Austin, TX.

On the package you filled out -
123 Fake St., Austin, TX but used the ZIP Code for another city by accident.

Both the cities have Fake St.

The package will not get any flags and will end up going to the ZIP Code on the box. I hope that made some sense lol.

I think that is a reach to try and say he was doing it for any racial vendetta.

I don't think it was the primary motive but pretty much everyone who lashes out on a massive scale has a way to somehow tie minorities and immigrants into their failures. It's too soon to rule it in or out. Just because it isn't as clear cut as with the Charleston Church Massacre (after which the black community was ask to turn the other cheek and they did) doesn't mean it's a non-factor. Everything is a factor. Even if it was just that the nature of the marginalized lives lead by the those killed made it so much easier for him to leave packages at their door. (like their neighborhood being "Worse" and "poor" and lack of patrol and street lights).

iirc the first victim, Mr. House was very active in his community and a prominent African-American/black in Austin. That's significant, especially since the black community in Austin is...very small, insular and marginalized. Same with the family of the second victim, Draylen Mason; he was going to go on to be a well known young man.

If he had put the bombs on the doorsteps of a prominent white family, obviously the racial component wouldn't exist but police would still be looking at the movements of the prominent family to look at if anything they've done would've set someone off.
But like with all issues regarding race in America (especially when white violence targets POC) we're cut off before we can even get the sentence out. If it's too early to say it's race related, it's too early to say it's not race related.

This is gonna sound crazy whats new right!

It leads police to his home where they obtain information from his Google history and computer confirming he was looking at where he could ship the devices.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am thinking ok cops show up at this house how do they get into his computer?

[/FONT]

According to the police at the presser he didn't even go into why he was bombing stuff, he talked about the failures in his life but stopped short of explaining those failures as his motivation. I don't think it was his entire motive and proximity helped and the "badness" of the neighborhoods helped him leave packages. It's not unusual for criminals to "practice" in marginalized communities because there was simply less of a **** given about those people especially in the past. (like Dahmer especially since he hypersexualized black men and whoever was doing the torso murders, greenriver killed targeting prostitutes, etc).

You know I wonder if he included each bombing as a failure too. Maybe it was all about his failures including the bombings but not really a confession. That would explain why there were no signs of hate or terrorism, just basically a list of everything he screwed up.

I don't think it was the primary motive but pretty much everyone who lashes out on a massive scale has a way to somehow tie minorities and immigrants into their failures. It's too soon to rule it in or out. Just because it isn't as clear cut as with the Charleston Church Massacre (after which the black community was ask to turn the other cheek and they did) doesn't mean it's a non-factor. Everything is a factor. Even if it was just that the nature of the marginalized lives lead by the those killed made it so much easier for him to leave packages at their door. (like their neighborhood being "Worse" and "poor" and lack of patrol and street lights).

iirc the first victim, Mr. House was very active in his community and a prominent African-American/black in Austin. That's significant, especially since the black community in Austin is...very small, insular and marginalized. Same with the family of the second victim, Draylen Mason; he was going to go on to be a well known young man.

If he had put the bombs on the doorsteps of a prominent white family, obviously the racial component wouldn't exist but police would still be looking at the movements of the prominent family to look at if anything they've done would've set someone off.
But like with all issues regarding race in America (especially when white violence targets POC) we're cut off before we can even get the sentence out. If it's too early to say it's race related, it's too early to say it's not race related.

You also have to bear in mind the Anders Breivik type of motive - his underlying hatred was towards muslims, but he didn't kill any. He killed the children of liberal and left wing politicians to 'punish' their parents for having supposedly sold out to muslims. Maybe this guy associates a certain type of white people with being responsible for giving too much to minorities.

Indeed, as Austin seems to have the reputation of being a liberal city, maybe he felt that way about the entire population of the city.

Not a racial vendetta maybe, but more that he associates black people along with a host of others - gay people, liberals, the usual - as everything that's wrong with modern life.

thankyou, that's the "way to tie in minorities and immigrants into their failures" I was talking about.
It doesn't even matter that two victims were white, it doesn't matter.
since the black community in Austin is SO small it does raise eyebrows. and those eyebrows have a right to be raised. we're living with some of the worst race relations I have ever seen in my lifetime (I didn't go through what my parents did with civil rights)

Fedex will only know if the address is bad initially if the ZIP Code is wrong. But if there’s a street name that exists in the ZIP Code on the label it wouldn’t throw any flags up.

That's what I am thinking. So JMHO it possibly could be a good street address, yet the name of the recipients are not real. They stated that they had lists of addresses on his computer (paraphrasing too lazy to look up quote). I think back on the #3 that went to the Hispanic lady. They asked a neighbor down few houses if she knew victim #2 as they both had same last name.

Surely BAU people can figure out his system. I want to know it all

It leads police to his home where they obtain information from his Google history and computer confirming he was looking at where he could ship the devices.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am thinking ok cops show up at this house how do they get into his computer?

[/FONT]
They don't need to. Google stores all that info on us at their end.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m a driver for FedEx and I get on average one or two bad addresses a day. Usually the only way it ever makes it all the way to my truck is if the ZIP Code is right.

Basically like this. So you’re meaning to send a package to
123 Fake St., Austin, TX.

On the package you filled out -
123 Fake St., Austin, TX but used the ZIP Code for another city by accident.

Both the cities have Fake St.

The package will not get any flags and will end up going to the ZIP Code on the box. I hope that made some sense lol.

YES!! So that could be another part of the puzzle. Now why do they sometimes end up at my house and not my neighbors LOL I guess same reason the USPS swaps out our mail sometimes. Thanks for you expertise. Be safe out there

How far away is his house from the first two explosions

Alyssa Goard
‏@AlyssaMGoard
7h7 hours ago
More
Per neighbor accounts & aerial footage, this appears to be the final spot the Austin bombing suspect’s vehicle came to along the i 35 access road & where he died after a device blew up in his car @KXAN_News

mac spot where bomb exploded 1.JPG
mac bomb spot 1.JPG
mac bomb spot 2.JPG

I wouldn't put too much stock in that, especially if he needed their rent to pay the mortgage.
Speaking from experience you can have someone in close quarters with you that has poor ideas about your race ("but you're one of the good ones"). It happens.

According to one anchor on MSNBC and my cousin who lives that and is a public servant - Austin is very segregated as are most cities in the south when you get right down to the nitty gritty. No one is singing "kumbya my lord".

I have lived here for 26 years and I have to say that some are making it sound like there are a bunch of white supremacists here, which is absolutely not true and is actually offensive to suggest.

Don't let one killer turn you against people. We are all in this crazy place called life together, most of here in and around Austin love all and embrace differences. We enjoy and seek out opportunities to learn each other's cultures.

The racists are not a large percentage and we, the majority hate them. If anyone were to come in my house talking about race in a negative way ; they would be kicked out immediately.

You can see it right there. A cry for help? Sorry, he was enjoying it.

I agree. Upsetting.

I can't help but feel that you are responding to what I commented about feeling sorry for MAC. If you read my ENTIRE quote, you would have seen that I said I felt bad for everyone involved, not JUST the victims, not JUST their families, not JUST MAC, but everyone. Each. Individual. Person. You'll have to excuse me for taking this comment personally. This is the FIRST case I've been THIS close to, and watching it unfold in my own neighborhood is a bit traumatizing, scary, and surreal. If the guy were black, poor, Asian, rich, etc. I'd STILL feel the same way. His skin color, money, none of that matters to me... I would feel the same way about all people involved, regardless.

Maybe it's time I step away from this for good now.

Oh no! I'm really sorry I offended you. I know you've been going through a lot with this being right in your backyard and you've been very sweet and kind for updating everyone during such a scary event.

I do stand by what I wrote but it was not directed toward anyone personally just just in response to a general tenor that I've noticed creeping up here and other places on line. Not once have I seen the same response when the mass
murder is from a very different background. I'm not the first to point this out over the years. It's like crazy/empathy vs terrorist/fry him, every. single. time. :(

But I didn't mean it as a personal attack and I'd hate for you to leave. You've been a valuable contributor here!!

I have lived here for 26 years and I have to say that some are making it sound like there are a bunch of white supremacists here, which is absolutely not true and is actually offensive to suggest.

Don't let one killer turn you against people. We are all in this crazy place called life together, most of here in and around Austin love all and embrace differences. We enjoy and seek out opportunities to learn each other's cultures.

The racists are not a large percentage and we, the majority hate them. If anyone were to come in my house talking about race in a negative way ; they would be kicked out immediately.

Austin has a very accepting reputation. It's not known for its racism, although there have been issues with homophobia among LE (gay bar raids).

That “grey thing” on the windshield of the van appears to be the back window of the suspect suv, i would assume blown out from the blast.

BBM: The end of the attached article explains a little better than most I have read. I am certain they are referring to the grass median area as a “ditch:” —it does slant downward from the road edges.

I think it all happened quickly, he slid or purposely pulled over, the van following did a pit-maneuver so he could not back out and another came up beside the red vehicle. When the bomb detonated it looks like it may have also damaged the windshield of the white van at the rear of the red SUV — see that gray thing in the middle of the windshield? I have no idea what it might be.

Snippets

It was not much — surveillance footage in and near an Austin-area FedEx store showing a man in a disguise dropping off packages.

In the security footage, a red 2002 Ford Ranger could be seen, officials said. Because the authorities did not have a license plate number, they began combing through records — all of them, for every vehicle with the same make and model in Texas. Investigators then began trying to match the records with a white male, possibly in his 20s.

And there was another, more unorthodox clue from the surveillance video: the suspect’s hands. He was wearing pink construction gloves. Investigators determined the same type of gloves were available at Home Depot, and they began going through hours of surveillance video from Home Depot locations in and around Austin. They got a hit: security video from one store appeared to show the same suspect.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/...ved=0ahUKEwjSrJqF1v_ZAhVPKqwKHYRlDSwQ_AUIBigB

Snip

A 25-minute confession, left on the suspect’s phone, in which he attempted to describe his odyssey. “It is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his personal life that led him to this point,” the Austin police chief, Brian Manley, said.

At the very beginning of the info, one reporter showed the actual address it was sent to, and I wish I had made a screenshot, because it seems to have been wiped from the interwebz now.

But you are correct, he used that stupid, sick joke as the senders name, and then made up a fake address to send it to.

They should flag all 'invalid addies' from now on, just in case.

As far as I can tell its the sender's address that was fake, not the recipient's.

As far as I can tell its the sender's address that was fake, not the recipient's.

Originally it was reported that the recipients address was fake. I wish I had a ss. But a reporter showed the fake address and explained why it was not valid.

I am thinking ok cops show up at this house how do they get into his computer?

There are programs to crack passwords. Passwords won't keep law enforcement out of your computer for long.

“Not knowing where he was going to go or what might be next or whether he was armed, there was a decision made to put the stop in that frontage road before he got on I-35 and potentially went anywhere else,” Manley said.

Officers then used a tactical approach to stop his vehicle, and when they approached and banged on the windows, an explosion went off, something that Manley said can be seen on a video captured of the incident.

https://www.statesman.com/news/brea...e-close-official-says/KZmUAGvKlNazDr31EzeUzI/

8:50 a.m. update: A law enforcement official told the American-Statesman that investigators accessing Austin bombing suspect Mark Conditt's Google search history found that he had been looking up other addresses in Austin and the surrounding area.

Google allowed LE to access his searches on web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne