TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several different types, but the most common ones emit smoke after a fairly loud (mostly harmless blast). They operate just like a grenade in that they are on a time delay. It sounds like he was playing around with it and triggered it accidentally.

I’ve volunteered at a Goodwill and there was a bell (drive-over sensor) at mine you could ring when dropping large things off. Possible they had a bell (either pressure-engaged for cars driving by or an actual doorbell) and the employee came out to fetch and the detonation timer had been activated?

That sounds far more credible than a vet in austin tex doing spring cleaning

also might be why they refused to talk about the others

BUT his statement is peculair he stated it lit and then handed it to another employee first why would one hand something that is cooking to someone else

and second why would second person "take" a thing that is sizzling like a fajita right off the grill?

Call me silly -- but i think placing it on the ground and hearing four feet bolting away

He handed the 2nd worker the box the devices were in. It activated later.

An artillery simulator would no doubt make a loud boom too I would imagine.

I dont know what they are but it sounds like they are used to simulate artillary fire during solidier training and that usually involves loud booms too.

I still dont understand how it went off?
Maybe the employee was messing with it and pulled something to make it fire off?

That would be the classic, "What does this do?" Completely realistic possibility.

I think the Austin Bomber had a loss, like a job. He or she likely has grievances. People who know him or her likely avoid him or her as he or she complains a lot and has a negative personality. The person likely has trouble fitting in and has some social alienation issues. He or she is likely to be an injustice collector, grievance collector, or grudge holder.

Maybe a disgruntled fed ex driver

who is actually still employed with a grudge and has a truck

driving by a fed ex truck with a guy or lady with a box in hand sure would not cause concern and the truck might have given him access at the facility

he could then place the one box into stream for the airport run

local had interesting (finally ) segment that the ground one would have been left as long as 5 days ago and is fine with packaging that is not there classic white stuff/

but they will be able to have every second of both boxes journeys

Maybe a disgruntled fed ex driver

who is actually still employed with a grudge and has a truck

driving by a fed ex truck with a guy or lady with a box in hand sure would not cause concern and the truck might have given him access at the facility

he could then place the one box into stream for the airport run

local had interesting (finally ) segment that the ground one would have been left as long as 5 days ago and is fine with packaging that is not there classic white stuff/

but they will be able to have every second of both boxes journeys

Could very well be the case.

I would be interested if anyone saw a FedEx truck in the late night to early morning hours in the areas where the bomb exploded in the neighborhood.

Appears to be a young lady. I think she has a good point.

Replying to @Austin_Police
Any clarification would be nice, as I am sure meaning Austin residents just learned what a tripwire is so an “incendiary decide” sounds a lot like a bomb for some. Tensions are high #AustinBombings

Why BS, MIK?

I don’t believe in coincidences. Who accidentally puts a flare in a goodwill donation so close to the scene of an active serial bomber? Idk it’s MO this will come out as related. Maybe they’re close to the perp and don’t want to scare them?

Just because this latest wasn’t a package bomb, I’m still not entirely sure I believe they aren’t related. Guy swings by goodwill donation box and drops them in before heading out to wherever he goes, before or after his trip to the nearby FedEx. It just seems too close and coincidental for it to be unrelated. And if this guy IS ex-military, then he would have the access to these simulators, right? It seems that he keeps trying to change tactics and possibly scare the $!?& out of everyone, so as many explosions and incidents as possible are ideal, for him. I’m still stuck on this one. I guess the question is IF they are related, what could be the reason LE would say they are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping the Bomb Snipping Dogs are able to get some rest. :eek:fftobed:

Just because this latest wasn’t a package bomb, I’m still not entirely sure I believe they aren’t related. Guy swings by goodwill donation box and drops them in before heading out to wherever he goes, before or after his trip to the nearby FedEx. It just seems to close and coincidental for it to be unrelated. And if this guy IS ex-military, then he would have the access to these simulators, right? It seems that he keeps trying to change tactics and possibly scare the $!?& out of everyone, so as many explosions and incidents as possible are ideal, for him. I’m still stuck on this one. I guess the question is IF they are related, what could be the reason LE would say they are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking the same thing too.

The whole thing is very puzzling.

hearing that there is something going on local to me, less than a mile from my house. trying to substantiate it

shelter in place has been put in for us. bomb sniffing dog hit on local FedEx down the street. trying to find out more.

I think the Austin Bomber had a loss, like a job. He or she likely has grievances. People who know him or her likely avoid him or her as he or she complains a lot and has a negative personality. The person likely has trouble fitting in and has some social alienation issues. He or she is likely to be an injustice collector, grievance collector, or grudge holder.

Does anyone know how many (serial) bombers have been women? I try to google it but it assumes I mean "serial killers". I don't. I just want to know how many bomb makers have been women.

shelter in place has been put in for us. bomb sniffing dog hit on local FedEx down the street. trying to find out more.

Please be careful.

Are they canceling or delaying school up there?

Does anyone know how many (serial) bombers have been women? I try to google it but it assumes I mean "serial killers". I don't. I just want to know how many bomb makers have been women.

I've been wondering that as well. I can't rule out the possibility that this bomber is a woman or that a woman is somehow involved, but I believe most (all?) previous American bombers have been men. But maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3