TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this all in travis county specfically

Please be careful.

Are they canceling or delaying school up there?

Not that I've heard. right now it appears to be limited to specific streets. my kids school is a quarter mile from this location though

tons of helicopters circling right now.

sweet baby jesus.

Does anyone know how many (serial) bombers have been women? I try to google it but it assumes I mean "serial killers". I don't. I just want to know how many bomb makers have been women.

I've been wondering that as well. I can't rule out the possibility that this bomber is a woman or that a woman is somehow involved, but I believe most (all?) previous American bombers have been men. But maybe not.

I looked into it and there have never been any known female serial bombers. There have been female bombers like Judy Buenoano, who did it as an insurance scam.

There have been female bombers, terrorist and non-terrorist bomber.

got a fan on in my bedroom, on high, and the helicopters are so low they are rattling doorknobs.

eta: sorry, fans on high and all I hear is helicopters.

I wonder if there is a manhunt going on? Maybe they have located him?

sweet baby jesus.

what county are you in

when i read your post a few minutes ago i thought oh no I am going to scanner and just pm you if i heard something

i am on traves country is that you

what county are you in

when i read your post a few minutes ago i thought oh no I am going to scanner and just pm you if i heard something

i am on traves country is that you

yes I am in Travis county.

I wonder if there is a manhunt going on? Maybe they have located him?

I hope so. But I also hope he doesn't decide to go out with a bang if he's this close. no pun intended.

got a fan on in my bedroom, on high, and the helicopters are so low they are rattling doorknobs.

You must be terrified!! I would be..

sweet baby jesus.

are they going away?

Make sure your doors are locked

just close your windows too

helicopters sound more manhunt to me too

ugh

I looked at Austin news sites and nothing about helicopters flying over Austin.

I hope so. But I also hope he doesn't decide to go out with a bang if he's this close. no pun intended.

are there any more push outs or whatever they are called

getting anxious it certainly is not like you dont have reason to be one edge after the 24 hours you all have been through

wanna comfort if you are in traveres country that cop dept sounds routine if that helps you

I've been wondering that as well. I can't rule out the possibility that this bomber is a woman or that a woman is somehow involved, but I believe most (all?) previous American bombers have been men. But maybe not.

I think there were women involved with 60's groups like the Weather Underground. Don't know if the women actually made bombs by themselves. Now though, women are sometimes involved in suicide bombings in the Middle East. Other than that, it seems to be a guy thing, making bombs.

https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...ur-favorite-discoveries-and-memorable-moments

"Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin, Texas has ended and we're back one last time to reflect on the 2018 South by Southwest festival and play some of our favorite discoveries."

I read this article and this jumped out at me.....Our bleary-eyed, ear-ringing week of seemingly non-stop live music in Austin.....

I don't know about anyone else but if I lived near "nonstop live music" I would go berzerk...not to the extent of this bomber but I would not be happy. Especially if I've lived here a long time and watched this happen all around me, had no control and couldn't afford to move away from the noise. All the growth happening in Austin is not always welcomed. Some people can't even afford their neighborhood any longer. Add that to a festival and the 250,000 people who attend SXSW and you could have a trigger. I realize the bombings started before SXSW, but I would imagine a lot of people come in early to set up.

Now with that being said, we may think he would have targeted the festival. So maybe he is trying to make Austin seem unsafe. So people won't keep moving in.

The way that these bombs are placed all over Austin make it seem that the city of Austin is the target or the city's reputation.

Just a theory.....

BBM

I'd not discount this, as someone upthread had mentioned that there had been some folks from Cali moving into the area and not everyone was super happy about the situation (that was they way I understood it, anyway).

Maybe he lost his job, or a promotion, to one of the newcomers.

I looked at Austin news sites and nothing about helicopters flying over Austin.

I will tell you HMS honest to god I have never experianced such crappy local news

and I switched around

maybe they all are exhausted or whatever but dissolves into another package sloppy going in and out of commercials horrid

a lot of the time we are faster here but they have been just the pitts

taking commercials all day long while there viewers are mortified

anchors that look like dinosaurs no chemistry between anchors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads