TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did Mac know a girl or guy by the name of Kelly? Because its weird that he used Kelly KILLMORE. Now I understand why he used the last name. But why Kelly? Did a Kelly make him mad previously?

Kelly can be used for girl or guy, so I'm thinking he wanted something to make people THINK the bomber was a woman, but the name wouldn't bring up concerns when the FedEx person glanced at it.

Speculation: Is it possible he was one of sex abuse victims at his former church? Maybe there was more than just victim?
http://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...g-sex-assault-victim-to-stay-quiet/1031515095

It's possible. The sexual abuse incident in the article took place in Memphis, TN in 1998 IIRC. The controversy arose with the Austin church years later because an elder in the Tennessee church, Larry Cotton, chastised the victim when she came forward and told her she caused the sexual attack and participated willingly. When the victim went public with her accusations years later, Larry Cotton had changed jobs and was working as a director at the Austin church. I hope I got that right.

An Austin church leader has now been accused of covering up the incident. Larry Cotton, a director of the Austin Stone Community Church, allegedly told the girl to stay quiet when she reported the assault while he was an associate pastor at The Woodlands Parkway Baptist Church in The Woodlands in 1998, the New York Times reported Tuesday.

In a statement to KXAN, the director of communications at the Austin Stone Community Church said, in light of the serious allegations against Cotton, the church is placing him on a leave of absence while a third party organization investigates the claims.

In light of so many sex abuse allegations related to bad actors various churches during the last decade or so, anything is possible. There doesn't seem to be any news media mention of that kind of activity at his Austin church, though.

I suspect he used a Children At Play sign to rig the tripwire bomb because he was hoping children would be his next victims. In some ways, this seems to have been a perverse game for him.

ugh...so disturbing.

I suspect he used a Children At Play sign to rig the tripwire bomb because he was hoping children would be his next victims. In some ways, this seems to have been a perverse game for him.

Parents adjust those signs as well to position them right. But depending on sign location idk.

I had the same thought. He must be calling attention to “Kelly”. I think he would have tried to be clever like he did with the last name “Killmore” and used something like KENNY KILLMORE. He chose Kelly for a reason. IMO.

I have always read obits. For many reasons but get tickled at names. (old names/strange) It was a running joke at work. Not making fun of anyone/deceased. One time I guess when it started was a older lady named Daisey Flowers or something as such. Someone did a search on strange names. There truely are names that are real but odd and/or professions.

All that to say, if say your Kenny - could be used as Kan He.. Kelly could be KILLee Kill more. I wonder what the other names were on his list. Addresses are there a pattern to street names? ABC/123?

“I wish I were sorry but I am not,” Mark Conditt said in the cell phone recording, according to sources familiar with his statements. He described himself as a “psychopath” and said he feels as though he has been disturbed since childhood.

Conditt also promised that he would go inside a crowded McDonald’s to blow himself up if he thought authorities were closing in on him, according to law enforcement sources briefed on the contents of the audio."

IMHO: He was driving Northbound on I-35 possibly headed to a McDonald's, by Red Roof Inn. End plan? Glad he was stopped. Many lives were saved.

https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...sh-were-sorry-but-not/ymCRWQQSGfwSeqsKbye2xJ/

I am not sure what all sorts of signs like that were available, but considering where they were placed Children At Play would not stand out as being out of place or odd. IIRC he purchased 5 or so? So was he planning on using them other places or did he put them out too?

“I wish I were sorry but I am not,” Mark Conditt said in the cell phone recording, according to sources familiar with his statements. He described himself as a “psychopath” and said he feels as though he has been disturbed since childhood.

Conditt also promised that he would go inside a crowded McDonald’s to blow himself up if he thought authorities were closing in on him, according to law enforcement sources briefed on the contents of the audio."

IMHO: He was driving Northbound on I-35 possibly headed to a McDonald's, by Red Roof Inn. End plan? Glad he was stopped. Many lives were saved.

https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...sh-were-sorry-but-not/ymCRWQQSGfwSeqsKbye2xJ/

Poor guy, crying out for help. He just had serious challenges to deal with. Can't you understand his pain?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I am not sure what all sorts of signs like that were available, but considering where they were placed Children At Play would not stand out as being out of place or odd. IIRC he purchased 5 or so? So was he planning on using them other places or did he put them out too?

As far as I know, he never put those signs out. Perhaps he planned to rig more tripwire bombs but found it harder than he expected, or narrowly avoided detection, so he moved on to the FedEx bombs instead. I'm not sure exactly when he rigged that bomb but, if it hadn't exploded Sunday night, it could have easily been triggered on Monday morning by children on the way to the bus stop.

Such a senseless loss. No parent should have to bury a child. Especially at the hands of someone else. My thoughts and prayers to all the victims, families, friends, LE and the entire community.

Alliteration limerick, bragging about how clever he thinks he is, also as a message to LE/media, the public when they discovered it. I wonder if he used it online before as a username.

Sign me up......NOT!
I got lured in by an old catholic school friends parents. I should have known better. They were uber religious holier than though. Yet beat the crap out of my friend,and her brother. The bruises I saw covered her thigh, and one side of her body, I told my Mom she reported them.father knocked her down the stairs one time for getting up late for school. Both now have major drug issues, and guess what these Godly peopke now teach the grandkids. Gay people are on the bad team, public schools are bad.... They only listen to religion radio,and conservative talk shows as always, and still strictly live, breath, eat,and push said business.
Even though my friend is now a grown adult,she is forbidden to watch tv in their home. Only things that fit their hard core 'values' are allowed.
It's the weirdest freakiest evil crap.

Poor guy, crying out for help. He just had serious challenges to deal with. Can't you understand his pain?

No remorse, None.
Unless we are missing a true remorseful plea for help and forgiveness not sure why the Chief was so sympathetic, unless due to the emotional stress of the past three weeks.

As far as I know, he never put those signs out. Perhaps he planned to rig more tripwire bombs but found it harder than he expected, or narrowly avoided detection, so he moved on to the FedEx bombs instead. I'm not sure exactly when he rigged that bomb but, if it hadn't exploded Sunday night, it could have easily been triggered on Monday morning by children on the way to the bus stop.

They found signs in his house that matched, plus receipts for Home Depot purchasing them..let me try to hunt down the link.

"Abbott said investigators have a copy of a receipt showing where the suspect purchased his disguises. They can tie a tripwire used in one of the blasts to one of five "Caution, children at play" signs he purchased at a Home Depot."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...thony-conditt-austin-serial-bomber/444738002/

"Abbott said investigators have a copy of a receipt showing where the suspect purchased his disguises. They can tie a tripwire used in one of the blasts to one of five "Caution, children at play" signs he purchased at a Home Depot."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...thony-conditt-austin-serial-bomber/444738002/

Such a senseless loss. No parent should have to bury a child. Especially at the hands of someone else. My thoughts and prayers to all the victims, families, friends, LE and the entire community.

Alliteration limerick, bragging about how clever he thinks he is, also as a message to LE/media, the public when they discovered it. I wonder if he used it online before as a username.

Sign me up......NOT!

So greatful Courageous LE that put their lives on the line, in order to save others, preventing more people getting harmed,or killed.

Once he blew himself up, I guess he got the help he needed.

No remorse, None.
Unless we are missing a true remorseful plea for help and forgiveness not sure why the Chief was so sympathetic, unless due to the emotional stress of the past three weeks.

Obviously if he wanted to take more people with him, there was neither remorse nor wish for forgiveness. He still wanted to kill more.

Chilling and diabolical. What a horrible person. I'm still waiting for an apology from his family. A real apology--not the one that asked for us to pray for their monster of a son. It sounds like LE has at least issued some apologies to one of the deceased victim's families. That's a start, but they didn't raise the bomber in their home.

He looked to blow up people that was taking whats not theirs. So he probably was looking for someone to steal the signs.

Btw. I hope that doesn't sound bad since Im not saying that the victims were taking the pkgs.

Maybe he just preyed on their curiosity more or less.

This is scary. There were 3 McDonalds within 3 miles of where he was taken down at.

Obviously if he wanted to take more people with him, there was neither remorse nor wish for forgiveness. He still wanted to kill more.

Five more signs for trip-wire bombs, more names on his list. I don't think he was planning to stop anytime soon. LE caught him in time.
No proof that he didn't hide more pkgs, bombs around Austin and in the parks. People are still on edge in Austin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back