TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This just screams religious fundamentalism and isolationist behavior. These are the "raising an army for God" so-called Christians who believe in the Old Testament laws even though they say they follow Jesus. Scary stuff.

I am always drawn to this simple verse: "My kingdom is not of this world, otherwise my disciples would fight." There is no violence in that.

My next question just answered if we have heard anything on the 2nd roommate. It is an ongoing investigation. I notice it says "because they are not under arrest at this time" Could mean they lawyered up. Could mean they are innocent of anything to do with.

Thursday (today)
Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
@Austin_Police Austin Police Dept Retweeted Austin Police Dept
The second roommate that was questioned has been released. Their names will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. APD PIO
4:19 PM - 22 Mar 2018

Wednesday

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
Investigators have detained two roommates of the Austin bombing suspect. One roommate was detained, questioned and released. The other is currently being questioned. Their names will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. APD PIO
1:32 PM - 21 Mar 2018

Hmmm ^^could be why the wording of APD tweet tonight Did they lawyer up? 4pm and MAC dropped the 2 packages off at delivery store little after 7pm.

Hours before a dramatic confrontation between Austin bomber Mark Conditt and police, two paramedics for the Pflugerville Fire Department may have inadvertently tipped off Conditt that law enforcement was closing in on him.

The two-person crew was intended to be nearby as authorities conducted surveillance and prepared to serve a search warrant at Conditt’s Pflugerville home, in case any officers were injured.

Instead, they knocked on the door and talked to one of Conditt’s roommates at the same time a small army of police officers and federal agents was getting ready for the raid. Police suspect the roommate may have told Conditt about what happened, potentially giving him a hint that investigators would be arriving soon

low-priority medical call and that when they arrived, they asked a man who answered the door if anyone called for an ambulance.

“The person at the door said, ‘No, we did not,’ and he hollered back into the house and another man shouted, ‘I didn’t either.’ So they turned around and left.”

The incident happened around 4 p.m. Tuesday, about nine hours before police say Conditt killed himself with an explosive along Interstate 35.

Ernesto Rodriguez, chief of the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services, said dispatchers received a “request assistance” from law enforcement in which they are asked to be on standby for a potentially volatile situation.

“They just wanted an ambulance on standby,” Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez said the request included “staging instructions” that were sent from dispatchers to Pflugerville via text from a mobile data computer.

Officials said the crew responded quickly — their fire station is near the house — and did not receive those orders before knocking.

A dispatch recording obtained by the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV shows that a dispatcher was concerned about what was taking place.

“You need to stage at your fire station,” the dispatcher said. “Do not make scene.”

Medics radioed back that they had already cleared the scene and that no medical response was necessary.

“Upon arrival, homeowner advised no one at the residence had contacted 911 and EMS was not needed,” the medics later wrote in a report.https://www.statesman.com/news/medi...er-before-police-raid/mPruG6l0Rhwar79i8ATPtJ/

A bomb found at a FedEx facility in Southeast Austin on Tuesday morning was addressed to an employee at Austin Med Spa, according to spa workers and the employee’s mother.

Anita Ward, a nurse at Austin Med Spa, said FBI agents and Austin police told her Tuesday morning that her daughter, who also works at the spa in downtown Austin, was to be the recipient of the unexploded bomb at a FedEx sorting facility at 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway near Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Ward, who did not want to give her daughter’s name, said her daughter does not know Mark Conditt, who police say terrorized Austin with a series of bomb attacks that left two people dead and five injured.

The spa’s owner, Suzette Smith, said Conditt did not look familiar to anyone who works at the spa and was not a customer. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...loyee-worker-mom-says/Ow90lvM3xRhFdJkbF2ScOI/

ETA: Ward’s daughter attends Austin Community College, but did not attend the school from 2010 to 2012, when Conditt was pursuing a business administration degree but did not graduate.

Wes Rapaport@wesrap
16m16 minutes ago
from home of Austin bomber. Mailbox tossed in yard next to street, side windows boarded up as well. SWAT officers had broken thru several blinds yesterday. #AustinBombings
View attachment 131897

I felt terrorized over here in Beaumont, TX. My kids were in Austin with their father during spring break. And even after they came home, I made them promise not to go near any packages no matter what they said. If one was on the porch, they were to go through the back door.

THANK YOU for all the updates you’ve been posting since the beginning, @arkansasmimi!

Rebecca Thomas
‏Verified account
@RebeccaOnFOX7
5h5 hours ago
More Rebecca Thomas Retweeted FOX 7 Austin
Rep. Michael McCaul says authorities were able to go to the "target homes" and clear them. #AustinBombings #ATX #Austin

THANK YOU for all the updates you’ve been posting since the beginning, @arkansasmimi!

Your welcome. I like looking for the facts. Man I think I am going to need some new hip waders it nasty out there :facepalm:

I see lots of questions asking about recent photos, just as on here. I think it would definitely help if they needed the public's assistance if they had seen this guy at certain times. And if he was with anyone.

JMHO I got the gut feeling that it isn't over for the roommates. Notice that the APD 2nd post was 24 hrs later almost. JMHO they are still POI. Especially now that we know the EMTs went to the home around 4pm on Tues evening (March 20).
MAC APD march 22.JPG

Wed March 21
mac apd march 21.JPG

This is OT but KXAN's new anchor Sydney Benter has a voice that is - um - different. Is it just me? Is this what they mean by "vocal fry"?

Deeda Payton
‏@DeedaPayton 33m33 minutes ago
Heads up Austinities! Implosion set for downtown building on Sunday

https://communityimpact.com/austin/...03/22/implosion-set-downtown-building-sunday/

Ashbel Smith Hall, a downtown building constructed in 1974 as an administrative office for The University of Texas, will be demolished by implosion on Sunday.

The implosion of the building at 601 Colorado St. is set for approximately 8 a.m., although the time and date could change due to safety preparations or weather conditions.

The public is advised not visit the area to witness the implosion, and specifically to avoid Fifth to Eighth streets between Guadalupe Street and Congress Avenue during the time of the demolition. Multiple police blockades will be in place to ensure the public’s safety.

During the implosion, the building will collapse within 10 to 12 seconds after the charges have been detonated. Anyone close to the area is likely to hear a loud noise.

UT recently moved its administrative offices to a new building at 210 W. Seventh St. and no longer owns the site where Ashbel Smith Hall will be demolished. That property, known as Block 71, will become a 36-story, 660,000-square-foot office building that will house offices, restaurants and retail space.

House MAC lived in sure looks different in today's reports

Yesterday March 21mac home front.JPG

Today March 22 MAC home march 22 18 2.JPG MAC home march 22 18.JPG

Wes Rapaport@wesrap
6h6 hours ago
More
ATF investigators and Austin PD crime scene truck driving away from Austin bomber’s home Pflugerville Home. #AustinBombings
https://twitter.com/wesrap/status/976908466278359041

Wes Rapaport
‏@wesrap 10h10 hours ago
More
Investigators are putting on white suits as they prepare to go inside.
#AustinBombings

Wes Rapaport
‏@wesrap 11h11 hours ago
More
Back out in Pflugerville at home of Austin bomber Mark Conditt as feds continue to gather evidence where he lived. #AustinBombings

Dummy used a credit card

[/B]
Jody Barr @JodyBarrKXAN
24h24 hours ago
More
Store manager tells me the ATF found 30 customers who made similar purchases as Mark Conditt in last month or so. ATF took video of all 30. ATF matched time in video to Conditt's credit card swipe here, the manager says to confirm this is Conditt in the video:

MAC confirmed purchases.JPG
Jody Barr
‏

@JodyBarrKXAN
23h23 hours ago
More
ELECTRONICS STORE: ATF had video, receipts of #AustinBombings perp more than a week ago: http://www.kxan.com/news/investigat...austin-bomber-more-than-a-week-ago/1067015087 …

MAC electronic store 2.JPG

Dummy used a credit card

[/B]
Jody Barr @JodyBarrKXAN
24h24 hours ago
More
Store manager tells me the ATF found 30 customers who made similar purchases as Mark Conditt in last month or so. ATF took video of all 30. ATF matched time in video to Conditt's credit card swipe here, the manager says to confirm this is Conditt in the video:

View attachment 131905
Jody Barr
‏

@JodyBarrKXAN
23h23 hours ago
More
ELECTRONICS STORE: ATF had video, receipts of #AustinBombings perp more than a week ago: http://www.kxan.com/news/investigat...austin-bomber-more-than-a-week-ago/1067015087 …

View attachment 131906

30 customers with similar purchases? WOW! "The receipt shows Conditt purchased: 10 resistors, 5 battery cases, and additional “electrical components,” Fry’s Electronics confirmed to KXAN. Those parts are consistent with pieces used in bomb making, Meyers said the ATF relayed to her. "

Dummy used a credit card

[/B]
Jody Barr @JodyBarrKXAN
24h24 hours ago
More

View attachment 131905
Jody Barr
‏

@JodyBarrKXAN
23h23 hours ago
More

View attachment 131906

KXAN investigators uncovered surveillance video from an electronics store in Austin on Wednesday and learned the ATF had already obtained the video with a subpoena nearly two weeks ago. That’s according to Jen Meyer, the manager of Fry’s Electronics, located in north Austin at 12707 N. MoPac Expressway.

Agents wanted to see all the receipts and surveillance video for every person who’d purchased similar items to parts found in exploded package bombs, Meyer said.

Meyer's company went through hours of video and receipts to match dates and times of purchases to the dates and time of surveillance video from inside the store.

Meyer said agents had told her the subpoena was related to the Austin serial bomber when agents delivered the subpoena “about a week and a half ago,” Meyer told KXAN. Agents we back at the store “almost daily since,” Meyer said.

Fry’s Electronics invoices show a single purchase with a credit card belonging to Conditt on Feb. 27, Meyer said. That was three days before the first bombing that killed Anthony Stephan House in northeast Austin.

The receipt shows Conditt purchased: 10 resistors, 5 battery cases, and additional “electrical components,” Fry’s Electronics confirmed to KXAN. Those parts are consistent with pieces used in bomb making, Meyers said the ATF relayed to her.

In the store surveillance video, Conditt spends around 20 minutes inside, shopping on both ends of an aisle in the section marked “Electrical Components” before walking to the register to pay for his purchase. The video shows Conditt being stopped by a Fry’s Electronics worker at the door to check his receipt.

“He looked like several customers we have in the store every day. So, it just made me think it could have been anybody that shops in our store on a daily basis and it made me want to help them [ATF] in any way we could,” Meyer said.

Meyer told KXAN the ATF was back at the electronics store Tuesday a short time after agents found surveillance video of Conditt inside a Brodie Lane FedEx Office store, delivering two package bombs to be delivered to Austin addresses.

http://www.kxan.com/news/investigat...austin-bomber-more-than-a-week-ago/1067015087

Jody Barr@JodyBarrKXAN
Mar 21
More
@KXAN_News at 10--A DEVELOPMENT IN #AustinBombings INVESTIGATION: We have new surveillance video of bomber Mark Conditt inside an Austin electronics store 3 days before the 1st bomb that killed Anthony Stephan House. The ATF has issued a subpoena for this video & receipts

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back