TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The young High School picture of Mark that they are showing doesn't look like the same adult Mark that is taking bombs to the Fedex office.

And regardless of race. They seem to do that alot for the sympathy aspect when they want too.

View attachment 131891

View attachment 131892

Do you have a current photo of him?
I've seen only two, one with glasses one without.

Not really. But i wouldn't have recognized this sweet looking kid as the guy dropping off the bombs.

The guy at FedEx seemed more stockier and older with that hat on.

image.jpg

Not really. But i wouldn't have recognized this sweet looking kid as the guy dropping off the bombs.

The guy at FedEx seemed more stockier and older with that hat on.

View attachment 131893

I think that photo is from when he graduated back when he was 17ish?
I wouldn't be able to recognize him in that crazy wig either.

Medic crew may have tipped off Austin bomber before police raid

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/me...er-before-police-raid/mPruG6l0Rhwar79i8ATPtJ/

Nine hours before LE cornered MOC at Round Rock, they were preparing to raid his home. When the team called for a local EMS team to wait on standby in case officers were injured, they misunderstood the orders. They went to MOC's house, knocked on the door and asked if someone needed an ambulance.

:facepalm:

Can't tell much from this but here is one from video few weeks ago
mac electronic store video.JPG

Also appears to have on the same watch jmho in the delivery service photo
mac shipping store.JPG

Why aren't there more pictures of him? It's weird. Too weird to be unintentional.

My next question just answered if we have heard anything on the 2nd roommate. It is an ongoing investigation. I notice it says "because they are not under arrest at this time" Could mean they lawyered up. Could mean they are innocent of anything to do with.

Thursday (today)
Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
@Austin_Police Austin Police Dept Retweeted Austin Police Dept
The second roommate that was questioned has been released. Their names will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. APD PIO
4:19 PM - 22 Mar 2018

Wednesday

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
Investigators have detained two roommates of the Austin bombing suspect. One roommate was detained, questioned and released. The other is currently being questioned. Their names will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. APD PIO
1:32 PM - 21 Mar 2018

Or physical abuse. Harsh "spare the rod" kind of punishment.

I have no doubt that was the type of "discipline" that would have been used in the Conditt house. Some of these extremist families proudly talk about using actual metal pipes to "discipline" their children. They will deny that it's child abuse because they claim it's biblically instructed. I would like to see which homeschooling "curriculum" was used by the Conditt family. I have a feeling it was not anything mainstream or accredited by an actual educational organization.

Impact on community clear: Austin bombings were acts of terror

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/op...ings-were-acts-terror/XteAU0niItrqlZanqgM7VP/

The editorial board of the Austin American Statesman is pretty clear about their feelings that this was a terrorist attack.

Austinites are too resilient for panic, too inclusive to shun each other out of fear. But for the past few weeks, we have been a city on edge. We understood the next attack could occur anywhere, strike anyone. In the span of eight days, more than 1,200 calls of suspicious packages poured into the Austin Police Department, in some instances putting neighborhoods on lockdown and prompting evacuations of stores.

Since 9/11, the term terrorism predominantly has been used to describe attacks with jihadist intent, compounding the stereotyping of people of color or the Islamic faith while failing to properly recognize domestic terrorism threats as such. This narrow reading of terrorism can have real consequences: As we’ve noted in the case of the Austin bomber, the Austin Police Department’s early decision to treat the first explosion as an isolated homicide, rather than explore the possibility the use of a bomb might signal larger intentions, preempted certain investigative paths and gave the public a false sense of security.

Why aren't there more pictures of him? It's weird. Too weird to be unintentional.

Since he is deceased, no mugshot. It is still early, we could get some more recent better quality soon. But I won't be surprised if many don't come forward. It will attach them to the case and they would have anything/everything under microscope from public. I think the ones that have been quoted they grabbed them from MAC Facebook prior to it being pulled down.

JMHO the mother of the roommate shouldn't have went public because now we have her name. She said LEO told son to stay anonymous. But it easy to find out who he is and his family. Media is out for the soundbites.

APD is saying now the names of roommates will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. Gives time for lots of scrubbing, between now and later if more arrests. (public sleuthing I mean) JMHO

Impact on community clear: Austin bombings were acts of terror

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/op...ings-were-acts-terror/XteAU0niItrqlZanqgM7VP/

The editorial board of the Austin American Statesman is pretty clear about their feelings that this was a terrorist attack.

Absolutely. I won't speak for all of San Antonio, but some of us definitely felt terrorized as well. When the bomb went off in Schertz, that was way too close to home for me. The federal government may not have widened their definition of terrorism or domestic terrorism yet, but the public has, IMO. We felt terrorized. We were being terrorized and I don't think any of us experiencing those feelings are wrong and I don't think any of us cared what the official government definition of a terrorist is. The Austin PD has learned a hard lesson. I hope they really take it to heart and lobby the state and federal government for changes to the definition of the term terrorist and terrorism and the response that is required when any type of terrorism is suspected. When it's happening in your city or region, it's very scary and it should be taken seriously and investigated with all available resources.

From your link:

The serial Austin bomber had been part of a Christian survivalist group that would discuss weapons and dangerous chemicals - as authorities reveal he had a target list of future locations to continue his reign of terror.

Mark Anthony Conditt, 23, took part in the conservative club called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT) as a teenager, which involved home-schooled youth studying the bible and being taught gun skills.

Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal Darren Sartin said the search and takedown of the Austin bomber was a case of a lifetime, and a type of situation he hopes to never deal with again.
Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Filla said when the task force members received information that Conditt may have been in the Round Rock area, they went to work. They conducted mobile surveillance and checked out every single hotel, motel or restaurant that was still open in the area. They fanned out in search of a vehicle Conditt was known to drive.

Early Wednesday, they struck gold. Filla said officers found Conditt’s vehicle in a hotel parking lot.

Filla said it was in a dark spot, with no lights on either inside or outside of the vehicle. About 15 minutes later, in the chilly morning air, an investigator spotted exhaust coming from the vehicle’s tail pipe

Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Filla said when the task force members received information that Conditt may have been in the Round Rock area, they went to work. They conducted mobile surveillance and checked out every single hotel, motel or restaurant that was still open in the area. They fanned out in search of a vehicle Conditt was known to drive.

Filla said there was no indication that Conditt knew authorities were watching him. As Conditt got onto the Interstate 35 service road just south of Old Settlers Boulevard, officers made a “tactical stop,” which Filla described as “certain movements to surprise these subjects to put them at a disadvantage against law enforcement officers.”

Conditt’s vehicle came to a stop in a ditch, and as officers surrounded it and moved in to grab Conditt, a bomb blew inside.

Officers backed off and sought cover after the blast. One officer was injured, and another had fired his weapon at Conditt.
https://www.mystatesman.com/news/cr...ustin-bomber-takedown/cjvdi93jQMpZaYPyRciADM/

The bomber's grandmother Mary Conditt, who lives in Colorado, told CNN that she had never seen any sign of violence in him.

'If anything he's low-key and peaceful,' she said. 'He's from a family that is so tight, that works so hard to raise their children correctly. It's just horrible.'

[...]

'Our family is a normal family in every way. We love, we pray, and we try to inspire and serve others. Right now our prayers are for those families that have lost loved ones, for those impacted in any way, and for the soul of our Mark. We are grieving and we are in shock.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hristian-survivalist-group.html#ixzz5AWlGa8yV

(BBM above)

Red flags everywhere. "tight knit family trying to raise their children correctly" and "our family is normal in every way". Really? Because your "normal" son just terrorized an entire region with bombs, killed two people, and maimed several others.

This just screams religious fundamentalism and isolationist behavior. These are the "raising an army for God" so-called Christians who believe in the Old Testament laws even though they say they follow Jesus. Scary stuff.

Supervisory Deputy U.S. Marshal Darren Sartin said the search and takedown of the Austin bomber was a case of a lifetime, and a type of situation he hopes to never deal with again.

Early Wednesday, they struck gold. Filla said officers found Conditt’s vehicle in a hotel parking lot.

Filla said it was in a dark spot, with no lights on either inside or outside of the vehicle. About 15 minutes later, in the chilly morning air, an investigator spotted exhaust coming from the vehicle’s tail pipe

Filla said there was no indication that Conditt knew authorities were watching him. As Conditt got onto the Interstate 35 service road just south of Old Settlers Boulevard, officers made a “tactical stop,” which Filla described as “certain movements to surprise these subjects to put them at a disadvantage against law enforcement officers.”

Conditt’s vehicle came to a stop in a ditch, and as officers surrounded it and moved in to grab Conditt, a bomb blew inside.

Officers backed off and sought cover after the blast. One officer was injured, and another had fired his weapon at Conditt.
https://www.mystatesman.com/news/cr...ustin-bomber-takedown/cjvdi93jQMpZaYPyRciADM/
After seeing the helicopter photos, that is what made me feel they did the pit maneuver and jmho that what made the bomb go off because of the description of what caused the bombs to be set off. And with impact and where the driver side rear glass still intact I think the bomb was in rear. Will be interesting to find out on autopsy report. If it was, the nails would have came from behind to strike him in the head? Body? Did he die from the shot (s) fired from the officer?

I am amazed that the vehicle didn't blow up to be honest.

Austin Police say if you still have surveillance video that shows anything that might be connected to the Austin bomber, they're still accepting it as they work to close the case on the six bombings that rocked the city.

It was home surveillance video that captured the sound of the fourth explosion Sunday in Southwest Austin.
http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pol...surveillance-video-related-to-austin-bombings

KVUE News
‏Verified account
@KVUE
Paramedic mix-up may have tipped off Austin bombing suspect, report shows

5:53 PM - 22 Mar 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads