TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:goodpost:

I agree. Much of what turns these people into cold hearted killers comes from their backgrounds, the environment in which they were raised. Something that causes them to become inoculated against the feelings of "other" people who are outside their special group. That feeling of superiority over others isn't something they're born with. People are taught to hate.

It's long past time for our society to come to grips with this problem. We're seeing too many of these violent, senseless crimes being committed by young people from "good" families, who have had every advantage.

This column may shed some light on the discussion

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/mark-conditt-austin-bomber-blog/

I understand where you and BooBoo are coming from, but, I've seen this "othering" a lot, (us against the world-liness), and, like the author of the article, they didn't grow up to murder people, with bombs (or anything, for that matter). One can raise two or more, kids, in the same family, same parents, in the same home, and none will turn out exactly alike. There will be similarities though, and similarities that hark back to family, that one may have never even have met. I just don't see this guy as having any conscience, or ability to feel empathy.

I also think that the way he was, is why his parents bought the home near them, and let him live there, and bring in renters to help pay his bills. I would bet that they knew something was wrong with him, but never dreamed he'd do something like this. Probably realized that he'd not be able to hold a job, to maintain rent, on his own, and this was their way of ensuring he had a roof over his head. May have even wanted him to leave the nest, badly enough, that they jumped on that house when it became available. He'd have a roof, and they'd have peace in the home. It ultimately gave him space to be alone, in a room, to plan, and build. Just a guess.

At the end of the day, did he know what he was doing, was horribly wrong? I say; Yes, he did. It is all on him. I don't think that anyone made him do this.

I am awaiting the recording and many FOIA that media is sure to have requested. Unsure who has jurisdiction on this myself. As the US Magistrate Judge is who signed off on the Search Warrant for MAC. https://www.ksat.com/news/heres-what-we-know-about-austin-bombing-suspect-mark-anthony-conditt
The US Marshall's office was speaking to the roommates,so I am also awaiting to see if any arrests there. And the autopsy report I hope we get to see or at least some of it.

Interim Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said the department will continue withholding the recording from the public as investigators look into Conditt's motive and whether anyone else was involved. He noted that Conditt's two roommates have been questioned and said that several more people will be interviewed. Releasing the recording now could jeopardize any future prosecutions, although no one else has been arrested or charged, Manley said. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-conditt-austin-bombing-suspect-psychopath-michael-mccaul/

Updating my timeline with my links and it looks like the backpack that was found at the 4800 Dawn Swans tripwire may not have exploded. ** 4721 Eagle Feather Dr is what we thought it was prior when things were fluid and we were trying to get a map. So 4800 Dawn Song Drive and 4721 Eagle Feather Drive are 2 different incidents EMS responded to (according to article) 4800 Dawn Song Drive is the tripwire. I am unsure what the Eagle Feather Drive was about if it was an hour prior (again according to article)

The Austin police chief said in a March 18 news conference of the latest blast, “We have two victims who have been transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.” But he said police wanted anyone in a half mile radius of the explosion to stay inside their homes, at least until daylight, and police deem the area safe. “Do not touch any packages or anything that looks like a package,” he said. “It’s obvious it has been an explosion. It’s obvious it has caused significant injuries to two people.” Police said they were clearing a second item – a backpack – in the area to see if it’s safe.

The latest bombing injured two men in their 20s, according to emergency management officials. “FINAL: Critical Incident @ 4800blk Dawn Song Dr (correct incident address), Only 1 incident location has been confirmed. #ATCEMSMedics have transported X2 ~20’s Males to SAMC w/serious, but not expected to be life-threatening injuries. Refer all inquires to @Austin_Police,” wrote Austin-Travis County EMS on Twitter of the second bombing on March 18.

About half hour before that, the county EMS reported another explosion on Eagle Feather Drive. However, it later turned out that this explosion was believed to be the same as the first. https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/austin-bombing-victims-latest-photos-southwest/

The elderly victim in the #3 bomb is not doing well. Prayers for her too

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said Herrera, who suffered broken legs and other severe injuries in a March 12 blast, remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition. Herrera's grandson, XXXX, wrote on his Facebook page that she has undergone several surgeries and is fighting for her life. https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/austin-bombing-victims-latest-photos-southwest/

I wonder how the mother that was injured when she opened the package is that killed her son. Shamika Wilson is her name
I haven't seen any updates on her. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...e-been-bombing-target/gLcQXFRiDz8MLrknPjbyTL/

ETA: Ok this says that she was visiting her mother, so the mother was quite elderly. And that the package was addressed to a different home. This is one that MAC/or someone rather, placed at that home and the home of Mason family, both the night prior. OR did someone deliver the one to Ms Henna mothers house that day? And if it was the wrong address I wonder if the address listed is even a real address? I know one bomb was intended for daughter of a nurse at Austin Med Spa, and the daughter worked there as well. They questioned the owner of the company and MAC was not familiar to them. So it is unsure to me if it was addressed to the young ladys home or the work address.

But a victim in the third attack, the 75-year-old Hispanic woman, had no apparent connections to the other two. The woman, Esperanza Herrera, was visiting her mother’s house, and people familiar with the case said the package she picked up was addressed to a different home.

(Erica) Mason, who is from Iowa, isn’t related to the Mason family that is prominent in Austin’s African-American community. But police have developed a theory that the bomber may have mistaken her for another member of the family.

If the theory proves true, the bomber then made two mistakes: targeting the wrong Mason and accidentally placing the package two doors down — at the house of Maria Moreno, whose 75-year-old daughter Esperanza Herrera was critically injured after picking it up.

“They basically just wanted to know if I was a relative or married to one of them, if I was in any way associated with the family,” Erica Mason told the American-Statesman. “If I was associated with the family, it could have been that they were trying to come after me.”

Mason said she feels “survivor’s guilt” for possibly being the target of a bomb that hurt Herrera, who she had seen in the past taking care of her mother but had not met.

“It is spooky, and I don’t if it’s more terrifying that it could have happened to me or my boyfriend,” Erica Mason said, “and that it happened to this poor, sweet, innocent woman.”

The other two bombings both occurred at the homes of people connected to the Mason family of Austin. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...e-been-bombing-target/gLcQXFRiDz8MLrknPjbyTL/

and that is why I do not buy this was an "outcry" for help by a "challenged young man". Those aren't the words I'd use and highly doubt an FBI profiler would agree with Chief Manley. No disresoect but he is not an expert on terrorism. I respect Mary Ellen O'Toole's expertise on this topic.
He was psychotic/psychopath, lacked compassion and empathy for others, was a coward and indoctrinated with some deepy disturbing beliefs throughout his lifetime. Using Kelly Killmore was disturbing. He was getting a kick out of it. Possibly sadistic psychopath.
Nice young men who are troubled, or depressed young men do not blow up strangers because they lost a job.There's more to his story and motive. I'm waiting for the experts at the FBI to weigh in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oung-man-or-terrorist/?utm_term=.9e49776fb9ca
We dont need the FBI or experts to weigh in and tell us why he did it. Hes a whack job. Plain and simple. They come in all backgrounds and have different party affilations.

Victims

#1 Anthony Stephen House 39, died due to injuries from package bomb

#2 Shamika Wilson 40, hospitalized from injuries from package bomb
#2 Draylen Mason 17 died from injuries from package bomb that his mother Ms Wilson brought into house & opened

#3 Esperanza Herrera 75, hospitalized from injuries from package bomb left at her elderly mothers home, addressed wrong

#4 Will Grote 22, tripwire, hospitalized and released.
#4 Colton Mathis 23, tripwire, hospitalized and released

#5 FedEx worker, package bomb on conveyor - checked out for ringing in ears, released
#6 **unsure which (5 or 6) was addressed to a worker of Austin Med Spa

#7 MAC 23, unsure of if bomb explosion of bomb in SUV or shots fired as cause of death.

Interesting. The first 2 victims had prominently families in the community.

Victim #4, Will Grote father is also prominent

The father of one of the two men who were injured Sunday evening in an explosion in Southwest Austin is an administrator at the Texas Department of Agriculture and has worked at several state agencies, according to his LinkedIn profile.

William A. “Butch” Grote Jr. is the chief information officer for Department of Agriculture. He has previously worked at the Texas Department of Transportation and the Texas Facilities Commission.

His son Will Grote is in “good condition” at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a spokeswoman for the hospital said, after being injured during the fourth explosion to hit an Austin residential neighborhood this month.

Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller did not respond to requests for comment Monday. https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...exas-state-government/nF1sXWEhoOA0GcidDZe8XL/

We dont need the FBI or experts to weigh in and tell us why he did it. Hes a whack job. Plain and simple. They come in all backgrounds and have different party affilations.

I agree. Why is everyone looking for deep meaning in this? Smart in a book sense, dumb in all other ways. Lived a superficial life, died a simple death. Unfortunately took innocent people's lives before killing himself.

Interesting. The first 2 victims had prominently families in the community.

Victim #4, Will Grote father is also prominent

The father of one of the two men who were injured Sunday evening in an explosion in Southwest Austin is an administrator at the Texas Department of Agriculture and has worked at several state agencies, according to his LinkedIn profile.

William A. “Butch” Grote Jr. is the chief information officer for Department of Agriculture. He has previously worked at the Texas Department of Transportation and the Texas Facilities Commission.

His son Will Grote is in “good condition” at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a spokeswoman for the hospital said, after being injured during the fourth explosion to hit an Austin residential neighborhood this month.

Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller did not respond to requests for comment Monday. https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...exas-state-government/nF1sXWEhoOA0GcidDZe8XL/

I'd noticed that too.

I think he was targeting. I don't think it has to do with wealth, or race, in particular, though, based on the varied statistics, of each neighborhood. He may have somehow known that Grote would be coming through there, (having done surveillance), and set up the device very quickly, and possibly even settled himself into a place to watch. The other homes, even if he didn't get the right individual, he'd get someone, and it would cause them pain and heartache. He accomplished his agenda.

I wonder if he'd somehow come into contact with these folks, at some point in time, over the years. His contact with them, was memorable, and negative, to him. Their contact with him, though, was not memorable. In other words, maybe he was settling some old scores, that only he knew about, before he went out.

I don't think there's a connection to the first two, nor Ms. Herrera, or any of them, though, except, to him. I've tried to find one, and thought that I was close, but, couldn't make it all fit.

The elderly victim in the #3 bomb is not doing well. Prayers for her too

Austin Mayor Steve Adler said Herrera, who suffered broken legs and other severe injuries in a March 12 blast, remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition. Herrera's grandson, XXXX, wrote on his Facebook page that she has undergone several surgeries and is fighting for her life. https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/austin-bombing-victims-latest-photos-southwest/

I wonder how the mother that was injured when she opened the package is that killed her son. Shamika Wilson is her name
I haven't seen any updates on her. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...e-been-bombing-target/gLcQXFRiDz8MLrknPjbyTL/

ETA: Ok this says that she was visiting her mother, so the mother was quite elderly. And that the package was addressed to a different home. This is one that MAC/or someone rather, placed at that home and the home of Mason family, both the night prior. OR did someone deliver the one to Ms Henna mothers house that day? And if it was the wrong address I wonder if the address listed is even a real address? I know one bomb was intended for daughter of a nurse at Austin Med Spa, and the daughter worked there as well. They questioned the owner of the company and MAC was not familiar to them. So it is unsure to me if it was addressed to the young ladys home or the work address.

But a victim in the third attack, the 75-year-old Hispanic woman, had no apparent connections to the other two. The woman, Esperanza Herrera, was visiting her mother’s house, and people familiar with the case said the package she picked up was addressed to a different home.

(Erica) Mason, who is from Iowa, isn’t related to the Mason family that is prominent in Austin’s African-American community. But police have developed a theory that the bomber may have mistaken her for another member of the family.

If the theory proves true, the bomber then made two mistakes: targeting the wrong Mason and accidentally placing the package two doors down — at the house of Maria Moreno, whose 75-year-old daughter Esperanza Herrera was critically injured after picking it up.

“They basically just wanted to know if I was a relative or married to one of them, if I was in any way associated with the family,” Erica Mason told the American-Statesman. “If I was associated with the family, it could have been that they were trying to come after me.”

Mason said she feels “survivor’s guilt” for possibly being the target of a bomb that hurt Herrera, who she had seen in the past taking care of her mother but had not met.

“It is spooky, and I don’t if it’s more terrifying that it could have happened to me or my boyfriend,” Erica Mason said, “and that it happened to this poor, sweet, innocent woman.”

The other two bombings both occurred at the homes of people connected to the Mason family of Austin. https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...e-been-bombing-target/gLcQXFRiDz8MLrknPjbyTL/[/

I cant help but think they were just placed where they were by ease and notions about not being seen only

it would be interesting to know how dark those locations are or isolated in someway

JMHO it is possible that FB did it after they rec'd the emergency search warrants from LEO. I know I have seen victims pages stay up and some memorialized, but as you said not many Suspects stay up. I am thinking it is a Facebook policy thing.
I read somewhere that he wiped it himself prior to the first bombing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that he wiped it himself prior to the first bombing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I checked his FB as soon as his name came out. It was still there, but set to 'private'. all 15 friends were still visible.

I don't disagree with you on that.

I agree. Why is everyone looking for deep meaning in this? Smart in a book sense, dumb in all other ways. Lived a superficial life, died a simple death. Unfortunately took innocent people's lives before killing himself.

Not deep meaning, just want to know who else was on the list and what he said in his confession tape. I do like to hear the FBI's final profile of MAC though.

Young man 23 with little social media, with a smartphone, no photos seems really odd to me!

I know! Is someone doing a timeline of MAC’s life? Because I’m trying to figure out what the heck this kid did since he was fired August. And before that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...thony-conditt-austin-serial-bomber/444738002/

So his Mom graduates him from homeschool in Feb 2013. He’s 17 or 18. He’s attended (online?) community college classes 2010 - 2012 when he’s around 15 to 17.

He gets a job in shipping with a semiconductor company at 19.

Last year, on Feb 21, 2017, he and his Dad get the deed for the North 2nd St house when he’s around 22.

He gets fired in August. (For what?)

So this young man lives in his own house away from mum and dad, has wheels, no job, and wasn’t supposedly online doing stuff? And no girls? Mom and dad aren’t aware? Roommates aren’t aware? What the heck did he do all day?

I think there is still a lot out there and am frustrated LE is being so tight lipped. A start would be the release of MAC’s video manifesto.

Well, he wasn't exactly a regular fella.

well, you got that part right!
His interests in computers, however, suggests he would have taken more photos or something. He wasn't a Luddite!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES
Back