TX - Austin Package Bombs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this was already posted upthread and I missed it. ...

Austin Cops Think They Know Mailing Site of FedEx Explosive

It's possible the person who mailed it is on surveillance video

http://m.newser.com/story/256827/austin-cops-zero-in-on-fedex-link-hope-for-a-break.html

From the article:

But police think somebody sent the package to Schertz from a FedEx Office store in the Austin suburb of Sunset Valley, reports the American-Statesman.

Better yet, the office store has no drop-off option, meaning the person who mailed the package needed to go inside, and thus could be the store's surveillance video.

thankfully i think they know who

maybe cant find him her or them now

anyone who walks into a fed ex at a busy mall and be unaware of CCTV: wants to be found out or dead or is not in touch with reality

only options I can come up with!!!

jmo

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account
@Austin_Police
#AustinPD, @FBI and @AFTHou confirm that two packages located at two separate FedEx facilities in Austin/San Antonio area on 3/20/2018 are connected to the four previous package explosions that occurred between 3/2 and 3/18 in Austin, TX
6:43 PM - 20 Mar 2018

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account
@Austin_Police
We continue to ask the public to be vigilant. Do not approach or interact with a suspicious person or object. Anyone with information is urged to contact the TIPS Hotline at 512-472-TIPS (8477). Up to $100,000 reward and $15,000 through TX CrimeStoppers #packagebombmurders

So the bomber was near San Antonio?

"The chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security committee says federal authorities informed him investigators have obtained surveillance videos in Austin that "could possibly" show a suspect in the package bombing at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-trump-blames-texas-bombings-sick-individual-53879319

I don't think so. The bombs were found near San Antonio, but they were shipped from Austin.

If the bomber isn't using the attacks to cover up his intended victim to make it look serial which could be the case , of course further research is need to confirm that. If the bomber is staying to watch first responders, he could be getting somekind of thrill, sexual or not from the bombings so the police will be watching the crowds

kind of like an arsonist

But everything you use like that has a digital footprint of some sort. Where you purchased the prepaid cc, so forth. Just like the dumb guy that sent a bomb threat by email. :shame: everything now days has some sort of digital or most rather.

If it was someone who just dropped off for someone they would still be all over that person. jmho

I think that is happening and maybe they asked the media to hold for a while or they ran and cant find them him her

cant go anywhere without being captured on video

and a fed ex place is like face to face interaction not like an airport or something

a fed ex employee would be able to provide one of those sketches etc

the fact that is not being circulated makes me think they know all and are trying to find

moo

My neighbor's teen sons got in a lot of trouble recently when they accidentally started a small fire in the woods behind our houses. They were caught then, playing around with tannerite, gasoline, and tennis balls. They were filling the tennis balls with gasoline and tannerite, and experimenting with ways to set them off. They lit them with matches, and they also tried shooting them with BB guns.

:no: :no: :no:

Relocate immediately

there are no choices!!

JMHO I think the reports re San Antonio are typos. It appears there may be an address like that in San Antonio but the address was

4107 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, TX 78744 Per Austin PD.

Austin Fire Info Retweeted

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
7h7 hours ago
More
Austin Police providing briefing regarding suspicious package found at 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway. https://twitter.com/Austin_Police/status/976143879001972736

I think that you're probably right. He's studied maps, and easy ways in, and out, streets that are tree-lined, with few cameras, and few stop lights. Especially in the beginning, you can "drive" the areas on Google and there's little to catch him. I think a couple of the neighborhood demographics are about 50% rentals,iirc, so there'd likely not be as many surveillance cameras setup (I think it's based on whether the landlord allows said cameras to be installed.) At that point, the particular addresses, may have been chosen by simply pulling up sites, like some of us use, for sleuthing, only he used them to pick a victim.

Could be. I do think he has been working in silence for a while building these bombs, and setting them off back to back. He’s mad about something... it’s getting pretty fast, pretty quick.

They are completely legal and will remain legal, at least for now. I didn't know what Tannerite was so I looked it up. ATF doesn't consider it an explosive because you have to mix two components together (both come in the package). ATF also doesn't consider it as an explosive because in order to detonate it you need to strike it with a high-velocity bullet, nothing else will make it go boom except for something striking it at high velocity, you can whack it with a hammer and it won't go off. Interestingly there was a bomb in NYC a couple of years ago that was made out of tannerite, the bomber rigged a primary charge that would concuss the tannerite which would cause it to blow.

levity break

ok kids

you are concerning me !!!!

urges to play around with things that go bang ought to result in a therapist appt without delay!!

that is funny!!

This new one is really close to the FedEx building where the packages were sent from.

Brodie is the same street as the place the 2 packages were mailed from #5 & #6.
This is #7 and it is around 7pm

There is a victim.

1) March 2
2) March 12
3) March 12
4) March 18 (tripwire Sunday)
5) March 20 exploded at 12:35 a.m . at FedEx on conveyor belt
6) March 20 found intack 6:19 a.m. FedEx Ground

I wish we knew the addresses for which they were intended. I'd like to see if he is circling NW now. People are on alert now, so seeing someone in a neighborhood, and getting a package out of the blue, would send up folks' antennas. Is he thinking that by possibly switching up to mailing, and possibly using a sender's name, that the recipient would know, he could bypass the recipient being wary of picking up the box, when delivered by a FedEx employee. Spit-balling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08