TX - Austin Package Bombs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about that earlier. And I feel sure the UNSUB is listening too.

I definitely feel this is the case as well. He's doing something to enjoy himself and get the fame he's desiring. Sitting near sites, watching all the police activity, listening to the scanner, etc. Something.

BUT at drop off with has been going on temperature wise someone wearing gloves ought to set off a lot of bells

jmo

Yes, but there are things I've heard of people doing to avoid wearing gloves, and avoid fingerprinting anything. I won't list it here, but there are ways to get around it.

Kinda like the crazy that emailed the threat on Saturday. Stupid, because what they did was not only stupid but will put them in prison for years! Makes no sense.

suicide by cop at the end of the day???

KVUE News‏
Verified account @KVUE
25m25 minutes ago
NEW INFO: U.S. Rep Lloyd Doggett told KVUE's media partners at the Austin-American Statesman the news after being briefed on the Southeast Austin investigation by federal officials.

KVUE News Retweeted
Kristie Gonzales
‏@GonzalesKristie
45m45 minutes ago
Some tips on spotting a suspicious package: look for oily stains, wires, too much tape, lopsidedness or strange adresses. @KVUE #austinbombings
package look out.JPG

KVUE News‏
Verified account @KVUE
25m25 minutes ago
NEW INFO: U.S. Rep Lloyd Doggett told KVUE's media partners at the Austin-American Statesman the news after being briefed on the Southeast Austin investigation by federal officials.

KVUE News Retweeted
Kristie Gonzales
‏@GonzalesKristie
45m45 minutes ago
Some tips on spotting a suspicious package: look for oily stains, wires, too much tape, lopsidedness or strange adresses. @KVUE #austinbombings
View attachment 131773

It's helpful to have such specifics about what a suspicious package looks like.

It's helpful to have such specifics about what a suspicious package looks like.

And if you were not expecting one. True story this morning (and I am not in Austin) I was in the store and I saw this bag. It looked like a diaper bag/or one of the portable nursing pump bags. :facepalm: I told the cashier that I know. It was the Frito Lay guys work bag. Saw him later at another store we just kinda laughed out loud in passing. Just never know

Yes, but there are things I've heard of people doing to avoid wearing gloves, and avoid fingerprinting anything. I won't list it here, but there are ways to get around it.

"Get The Gringo" played by Mel Gibson. I think it was mentioned in the movie that he did not have finger prints.

I personally feel at this point that he doesn't have specific "targets." After the tripwire went off, and after this latest deal at the FedEx facility where it could have exploded on ANYONE, he doesn't have specific targets in mind.

It's probably just about taking an easy avenue, and making sure he doesn't get caught.

I think that you're probably right. He's studied maps, and easy ways in, and out, streets that are tree-lined, with few cameras, and few stop lights. Especially in the beginning, you can "drive" the areas on Google and there's little to catch him. I think a couple of the neighborhood demographics are about 50% rentals,iirc, so there'd likely not be as many surveillance cameras setup (I think it's based on whether the landlord allows said cameras to be installed.) At that point, the particular addresses, may have been chosen by simply pulling up sites, like some of us use, for sleuthing, only he used them to pick a victim.

Living in Austin, the thing that really concerns me now is how this is escalating. If in fact he walked into the Brodie Lane FedEx to drop off those packages, he HAD to know there are probably a ton of cameras in that strip mall. I am worried he doesn't care about getting caught or wants to get caught, and is planning a major attack as LE closes in. I am very concerned for all of our safety.

CBS Austin Retweeted
MelanieTorre
@melanietorre 28m28 minutes ago
UPDATE: FBI investigators have cleared the FedEx Office store in Sunset Valley where two explosive packages were shipped from. Sign on the door is short and to the point.

CBS Austin Retweeted
Courtney Schoenemann
@CourtCBS
59m59 minutes ago
Just now: @ATFHQ national response team leaves the @FedEx facility in SE Austin near the airport https://twitter.com/CourtCBS/status/976215546302693376

ABC News TV at 6:30pm reported there have been 6 devices found.
I thought there were 5
Is there a 6th one now?

JMO
I keep flip flopping between thinking it is a single bomber and then start thinking its possibly more than one bomber.

The trip wire bomb sounds so unique and its hard to imagine the same person did all of these. Unless maybe he had planned all along to set off bombs multiple ways.

I thought there were 5
Is there a 6th one now?

6th one was unexploded, found at the FedEx facility by Bergstrom. ETA: not clear to me if LE detonated it or have it still.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 4:31 PM

A mysterious social media user claims to be behind the bombings that have terrorized Texas in recent weeks, vowing that he won't stop until he becomes "as prolific as the Zodiac Killer."

The poster said he's between "30-50 years old," and insisted that he doesn't have "any terminal illness or anything like that." The account was quickly suspended and its messages scrubbed from the site.

A spokesman for the Austin Police Department confirmed to the Daily News that authorities are aware of the unsettling posts.

"We are currently investigating them," the spokesman said, declining to confirm whether the Reddit user is considered a suspect. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...stin-bomber-compares-zodiac-article-1.3886094

terminal illness is bizarre thought process imo

cant believe those kcal local outlet is taking breaks to sell soap

I thought there were 5
Is there a 6th one now?

1) March 2
2) March 12
3) March 12
4) March 18 (tripwire Sunday)
5) March 20 exploded at 12:35 a.m . at FedEx on conveyor belt
6) March 20 found intack 6:19 a.m. FedEx Ground

Living in Austin, the thing that really concerns me now is how this is escalating. If in fact he walked into the Brodie Lane FedEx to drop off those packages, he HAD to know there are probably a ton of cameras in that strip mall. I am worried he doesn't care about getting caught or wants to get caught, and is planning a major attack as LE closes in. I am very concerned for all of our safety.
Definitely understandable. With all the evidence from the FedEx incident, the walls are closing in on him. Hopefully he's caught before he's able to carry out his endgame, whether that means suicide or a final wave of attacks.

JMO
I keep flip flopping between thinking it is a single bomber and then start thinking its possibly more than one bomber.

The trip wire bomb sounds so unique and its hard to imagine the same person did all of these. Unless maybe he had planned all along to set off bombs multiple ways.
These guys usually work alone. It would be very unusual for him to have an accomplice in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08