TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I am still thinking a lone bomber similar to the Unibomber years ago.

For those that think there is more than one person involved is there any specific reason or clues some people think that?

locals

dont package up your package they are going to make you open it

why package it open package it and package it ----------------

ok they both were dropped off at the same place

but starting to think it had to be at different times

it seems that one got further in the system OR were they addressed to two different addresses explaining there different locations

we have not heard if both packages were addressed to the same place??

in fact it almost seems that that is NOT the case in light of the fact they have not mentioned that??

I tend to lean more toward lone wolf- or maybe a couple of crazies.

I know you must be worried. The bomber didn't intend for the explosives to go off when they did, so maybe since it turned out this way it will be easier to track. Hopefully he screwed up and will be found very soon.

Thanks.

Were the second and third the really close -- wondering if random drop off real quick or targeted

why not if random just put one down go a house down and do another how far away were tow and three

drop and run or place with thought??

Were getting it from time of explosion which would just be when opened therefore random

sorry if you all have this figured out already I did not payattn until trip wire which is super freaky imop

LE (ATF or FBI) on Good Morning America- 7am says:

"We are chasing a ghost-

"His motive is a mystery at this point"
He says he has a personal theory, not official, that the bomber is trying to prove a point about everyone trying to outlaw
assault weapons like AR-15, but bombs can still do plenty of damage.

That was my first thought, and, it still may be his motive. I've also thought, that if that were his main motive, he could have proven his point, much better, when 50 sum thousand people attended the Austin march. He sent the first bomb on March 2nd. I think if he wanted to ensure that he killed each person, or could kill a large group of folks, that he could. I think he's more concerned with terrorizing Austin, keeping folks afraid and indoors. That's power. For what reason, Idk.

locals

dont package up your package they are going to make you open it

why package it open package it and package it ----------------

ok they both were dropped off at the same place

but starting to think it had to be at different times

it seems that one got further in the system OR were they addressed to two different addresses explaining there different locations

we have not heard if both packages were addressed to the same place??

in fact it almost seems that that is NOT the case in light of the fact they have not mentioned that??

Can confirm. A friend's gf just tried to ship a package out of Austin and it was a whole deal.

They obviously have the address on the one they are about to blow up

its odd to me tho they are clearly saying one was back to austin

maybe the one that they are blowing up is the one they KNOW is mailed back to austin

msnbc they actually don't blow it up they render it useless so they can explore

sorry am on phone so hard for me to bold lol but as far as to sexual orientation of last 2 victims of bomb #4, how would the bomber know that they would be one's to trip the tripwire? Too much room for error jmho. Also would not go with bomb #5 jmho.
Lol? Not a laughing matter.
The tripwire was connected to a for sale sign. Was the home actually up for sale? Or was the sign planted so the gay couple would be lured into removing it? Or for sale sign was tampered with, moved from original spot?so the couple would check to see why it was moved, I highly doubt this evil scum cares if there is a casualty or two anyway.
Still the devices are quoted as being highly sophisticated. This guy is obviously very smart. So he knows who he's targeting. He does his research, and recon. So would know who's black,hispanic, gay.......
He's getting more bold, confident,and desperate at the same time. thus a little sloppy. Bomb #5. He had to change dilivery method again. People are on high alert, and more watchful of who's coming, and going. So instead of placing or setting the bomb himself he used a delivery service. (Again I doubt he cares if there are casualities). If the package handlers aren't careful he sees it as their own stupid fault for detonating bomb before it gets to it's destination.

What on Earth is going on???? I'm out of state at the moment and woke up to 3 more locations. The Brodie location is very close to my house as was the trip wire bomb....I shop there all the time. Don't be confused by the name Sunset Valley. It's a tiny town that with Austin's growth has really become just part of Austin. It's really just a shopping area these days with a small number of houses (not sure how many, but not many!). You'd for sure think you're just in Austin going there. That shopping center is on the way to the airport going south. The airport is about a 15 min drive from there. This is all so scary! My kids knew one of the guys who got hurt with the trip wire explosion. We've had to tell our youngest son (19) who loves to go on walks to stop for now! All I can think is I hope they catch this sicko before I return home. My mind wanders and I think oh great I'll be on an inbound flight to Austin. This world is sick these days. I don't understand the desire to hurt people :(

Lol was because I can't bold. Never sad anything was a laughing matter.

Amazon has tracking info for each customer, on the website. They tell you exactly what day a package will be delivered, along with the weight. Amazon also uses delivery drivers with their own cars ( like Uber, but for package delivery). There is no uniform, or no company decal, logo on the delivery vehicles. I get a lot of office supplies from them.

Lol? Not a laughing matter.
The tripwire was connected to a for sale sign. Was the home actually up for sale? Or was the sign planted so the gay couple would be lured into removing it? Or for sale sign was tampered with, moved from original spot?so the couple would check to see why it was moved, I highly doubt this evil scum cares if there is a casualty or two anyway.
Still the devices are quoted as being highly sophisticated. This guy is obviously very smart. So he knows who he's targeting. He does his research, and recon. So would know who's black,hispanic, gay.......
He's getting more bold, confident,and desperate at the same time. thus a little sloppy. Bomb #5. He had to change dilivery method again. People are on high alert, and more watchful of who's coming, and going. So instead of placing or setting the bomb himself he used a delivery service. (Again I doubt he cares if there are casualities). If the package handlers aren't careful he sees it as their own stupid fault for detonating bomb before it gets to it's destination.

Someone who knows both male victims posted upthread that neither of them is gay.

So, I've been thinking about Billy the Bomber, a few thoughts:

He's a local and is familiar with the areas where he left the initial bombs. He is confident and is able to blend in to the community. I betcha no one will say they noticed anyone strange, he's able to get in and out without being noticed, he looks like he belongs or is just one of the many varied eccentrics that live in the city.

He's an older guy, he's patient and thoughtful, not impulsive.

I suspect people will say he was quiet and a bit of a loner but he was always nice.

Due to the complexity of the bombs he is either former military or possibly an engineer of some sort. He's intelligent, he knows how to hide his tracks. I bet he's been planning this for awhile, taking his time to gather materials. I'll bet it's learned that he has visited gun shows. Why those shows? You can get bomb making material there. Of course it isn't sold as bomb making material but it's pretty clear what the stuff is used for (I've been to a few shows and was shocked at what was available). He won't stop, at least not until he has gotten his message out or made his point.

Just some thoughts.

JMO
I am still thinking a lone bomber similar to the Unibomber years ago.

For those that think there is more than one person involved is there any specific reason or clues some people think that?

was back and forth but msnbc had a really good guy on with Clint Watts

simple actually

his intent is to kill

period

he has failed

so he is changing it up to try to get to his goal

kill each time

that is his want

I think they were addressed to two different people -- one was in a ground facility and another heading for the airport system -- totally different things moo

I'm guessing these are nail bombs that are easily made at home using easily acquired chemicals and detonators.
the internet is full of step by step instructions on how to make them. The chemicals can be found at any Pool Supply Store or most hardware stores. Drug stores also carry many ingredients.
High school kids can even steal the ingredients from their chemistry lab. My point is, the ingredients are easily acquired.
Oklahoma City bomb was mostly fertilizer as the main chemical.
I don't believe it takes a genius or engineer or ex-military man to be able to make the bombs. Could be a high school kid or unemployed, bored man who has a grudge of some sort. JMO.

Were the second and third the really close -- wondering if random drop off real quick or targeted

why not if random just put one down go a house down and do another how far away were tow and three

drop and run or place with thought??

Were getting it from time of explosion which would just be when opened therefore random

sorry if you all have this figured out already I did not payattn until trip wire which is super freaky imop

He'd need a car to get from each destination. I highly doubt he'd pack them on a bouncy bus or motorcycle or bike. Each neighborhood is not within easy walking distance.
But sure you never know maybe he is walking to each destination.

I'm guessing these are nail bombs that are easily made at home using easily acquired chemicals and detonators.
the internet is full of step by step instructions on how to make them. The chemicals can be found at any Pool Supply Store or most hardware stores. Drug stores also carry many ingredients.
High school kids can even steal the ingredients from their chemistry lab. My point is, the ingredients are easily acquired.
Oklahoma City bomb was mostly fertilizer as the main chemical.
I don't believe it takes a genius or engineer or ex-military man to be able to make the bombs. Could be a high school kid or unemployed, bored man who has a grudge of some sort. JMO.

But LE has referred to the bombs as sophisticated work that takes skill. I don't think they are talking about easy internet bombs. JMO

I wonder why the second didn't explode? Will be interesting.
Do we know how far apart the 2 facilities are? If dropped off at same location wouldn't they have initially gone to same? I know they are scanned when picked up. Some how they were able to connect the 2. Jmho 2nd was to a different location area as to why maybe went to different facility and found later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129