TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond can be set by the jailor that books them in. Some of the city lockups used to set bond and allow the detainee to bond out without having to wait for transfer to the sheriff's Dept. I don't know if that has changed since I worked there. Some of those arrested may have had outstanding warrants or may have been on probation or parole which would absolutely require transfer to Tarrant County.

Ah, how interesting. By “jailor” who is that exactly? I don’t think the general public has much knowledge about how that works. I didn’t. Thanks! It adds brevity.

I also want to point out the fact that the elections are coming up and Faith Johnson (DA) is running again. Normally, it shouldn't matter and I am not sure what the demographic of her voters were. But I can imagine, this is going to be one of those things that she'll have to be smart about.

Oh yeah. I posted about miss Johnson way way back too. I’m glad you recognize the extraordinary political implications this little snafu will cause as well. As though there weren’t enough highly charged complications to this murder already. She is known as a fair and impartial advocate against violence so I think she’ll do what is right. I hope, anyway. I have no faith in anything anymore.

I believe in general that to set bail amount you have to have judicial or quasi-judicial authority. It would surprise me, even for Texas, for merely jail staff to be authorized to set bail although that would be a federal law suit waiting to happen. A judge, a magistrate, a judicial commissioner or the clerk of the criminal court. People like that.

Ah, how interesting. By “jailor” who is that exactly? I don’t think the general public has much knowledge about how that works. I didn’t. Thanks! It adds brevity.

Last edited:
I still want to know if the apartment complexes use smart meters on each indivdual units OR if electricty is included in their rent so they do not meter each unit individually. I can't imagine the complex supplies electricity with rent for a flat fee. IF they do use smart meters on each unit, there is a chance many things can be determined like, were the lights on or off, if off, when exactly were they turned on etc.

I want to reinforce that IMO, the Perpetrator in question should be tested for anabolic steroid use. This would be special testing above and beyond checking for opioids and other altering substances. The tests for steroids would be very specific, but I believe very relevant to this case. Steroid detection can be short term if in pill form, but up to a year if an oil based injection. https://www.redwoodtoxicology.com/docs/services/steroid_faq.pdf
She should be tested for steroid use.

*Amateur opinion and speculation*

Wholeheartedly agree. Her features and physique have changed considerably. It’s hard for a 115 lb petite chick to bulk up naturally, not saying she couldn’t do it but it takes a lot of work, mindfulness and restraint which don’t appear to be her strong suit. Also, not to be a jerk but that jawline seems mighty sculpted IMO. Much more than prior photos. In the video taken from the neighbor I think it’s super apparent she’s bulkier. I spent several years inside the body building world and there’s a “look”.

I believe in general that to set bail amount you have to have judicial or quasi-judicial authority. It would surpise me, even for Texas, for merely jail staff to be authorized to set bail. A judge, a magistrate, a judicial commissioner or the clerk of the criminal court. People like that.
That post was in reference to the protesters that were to be transferred to Tarrant County. Their charges were misdemeanors and bail is generally standard for such charges. So yes the booking officer can use those guidelines. My choice of words wasn't the best when I said the jailor can "set" the amount.

Wholeheartedly agree. Her features and physique have changed considerably. It’s hard for a 115 lb petite chick to bulk up naturally, not saying she couldn’t do it but it takes a lot of work, mindfulness and restraint which don’t appear to be her strong suit. Also, not to be a jerk but that jawline seems mighty sculpted IMO. Much more than prior photos. In the video taken from the neighbor I think it’s super apparent she’s bulkier. I spent several years inside the body building world and there’s a “look”.
Yep. Know exactly what you are talking about, and I would say she should be tested. Would love to hear her speaking voice as well.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

• Applicants between 21 and 44 years of age must have a minimum of 45 semester college hours with a 2.0 GPA from an accredited college or university.

I want to know how many hours, GPA, what she studied and where.

• No worse than 20/100 vision rating in each eye, correctable to 20/20 in both eyes. The city of Dallas uses the Department of Transportation standard vision test. The exam includes moving your eyes left to right, up and down and able to see three different colors: red, yellow, and green (just like a stop light).

• Must have normal hearing and normal color vision
She saw the rug and saw it was RED, or at least she sure should have.

Well, anyone that out to lunch, really needs to be out of the gene pool, for at least 20 years.

Note, qualifications for Dallas PD.
Qualifications

Last edited:
When I say federal law suit waiting to happen I mean; yes many district courts condone the use of bail menu schemes. However, they have not reversed the long standing holding that bail is to be set only after standing before a judicial officer in order to determine if the person poses a flight risk.

As far as I know, our highest court still holds that, 'any bail amount set without making determination is excessive.' Excessive bail is a violation of your 8th amendment rights

Once that substantive due process right has been granted, I imagine they could argue the jail staff can read the menu and put a number on paper but in no form or fashion can non-judicial jail staff be allowed to determine flight risk. Maybe that's how they do it there where it appears "they" can do anything they want regardless of what their own laws are, but if so, it's wrong.

Does the booking officer ask each and every person charged a series of identical questions each and every time?

A bit unrelated but, I probably should see if Texas has a Cite In Lieu of Continued Custody statute applicable to misdemeanants. My guess is if they do, it is likely violated daily by law enforcement with deliberate indifference.

Do you know if they do?

Does everyone charged with a misdemeanor in Texas get booked into jail having to post bail or are some issued Citations or Criminal Summons and only have to come in within say 10 days to be booked but not make bail, if they were not booked inside a data connected patrol car?

Who gets ROR or released on recognizance, no money unsecured bail?

That post was in reference to the protesters that were to be transferred to Tarrant County. Their charges were misdemeanors and bail is generally standard for such charges. So yes the booking officer can use those guidelines. My choice of words wasn't the best when I said the jailor can "set" the amount.

Last edited:
And conveniently the witnesses who heard her banging on the door and demanding to be let in may not be credible. But the witness who supports her story is...smh.

Sounds like it could have been written by her defense team...imho.
It sure did. Where is that 911 call though? She's saying that and ya'll (the investigator) want to give us a play by play but it can't be released yet? lol
I told you guys earlier to watch for that theory to come in to play .. I'm not surprised that is what they are going with.. that noise complaint may be true but I don't think it went down like that... I bet she went up there. Meanwhile, I most definitely am going to watch my source. He's now my go to. Off to go read those warrants again. lol ..

Oh btw, more news - his lawyers was on TV talking about the doors. i'll link it but basically it won't tell us if his door was unlocked or ajared but it will tell us if she went into hers before.

Also - the answer to why she hasn't got fired yet, is because of an internal investigation that sometimes can range from weeks to month, but it could be expedited as soon as 3 days, but that will be up to chief hall.

And last, interview with chief brown - he said that from the beginning it hadn't been handled right nor have they followed protocol and adding the texas rangers makes it a little more complicated.

Questions unanswered about the investigation of Botham Jean shooting

Why did police seek search warrant for drug evidence in Botham Jean’s home?

This page has several pictures of her in one place including family pictures.

Amber Guyger: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Here is a scarce profile shot from booking.

[/IMG] Google Image Result for https://cnnwire.images.worldnow.com/images/17579083_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale&width=800&lastEditedDate=20180910073216
imgres

Oh yeah. I posted about miss Johnson way way back too. I’m glad you recognize the extraordinary political implications this little snafu will cause as well. As though there weren’t enough highly charged complications to this murder already. She is known as a fair and impartial advocate against violence so I think she’ll do what is right. I hope, anyway. I have no faith in anything anymore.
As long as she fights for everyone's rights. She is okay w/ me. She was the DA for that case with the 15 year old shot by an officer in balch springs and the families lawyer was his lawyer too. She's actually a republican candidate but if she's fair than that fine with me. I usually vote blue but anyone who is willing to bring us together and fight for rights for everyone is okay with me because it's getting bad and only we can change it. Her opponent seems good too. Both spoke out at the AA museum today about what they thought about the case. She of course couldn't say much but promised she's going make sure everything is done right for his justice and the opponent is absolutely would take this case. It will be interesting to see how this may play a part in it. I do feel like everyone is on the same page with this case. A majority of support from different races, backgrounds, religions.. I think we are just tired of it all.. but it so reassuring to see. Don't get me out wrong, their are people who are very rude still, and trying to bully others (Im looking at you Teddy) lol .. But as long as you treat people with respect and dignity. You got my vote.

She should have rendered aid but I'm not at all sure she did.

Excellent question - why was she outside??? Surely her phone would have worked inside and she could have at least applied pressure.

moo
Perhaps that part of the corridor where she was seen pacing was quieter, less likely to be overheard.

I am seeing a pattern here: every few days there will be anonymous sources leaking to the media, adding details to her story, supporting her case. Never details incriminating her - those have to be kept secret and require our patience right? Is the PR firm working for her now? I have to start taking such leaks with a grain of salt.

Wasn’t there a huge potted plant beside Guyger’s door?
Sorry my bad, I was confused when I saw that video for the first time! Once again I apologise! There was nothing outside her door in a later pic. But then who knows, perhaps she had already cleared out by the time photo was taken.

Ok thank you, in some of the surrounding suburbs that is not the case unless of course they make exceptions

However, who knows what physical condition the Killer is in? I have worked for decades with people who are visually impaired, and can tell you stories, my "favorite" one is a school bus driver, who had retinitis pigmentosa, he had 20/20 vision, with about 5 degrees of field in each eye, like looking through a slightly larger pinhole. He hid his level of vision loss for years, until one morning it was too dark, he literally couldn't see at all.

Which, brings up an interesting issue, regarding physical health. Does the Killer have any physical problems? Hypoglycemia? Diabetes? Low blood sugar levels can induce confusion, and affect vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum