TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, who knows what physical condition the Killer is in? I have worked for decades with people who are visually impaired, and can tell you stories, my "favorite" one is a school bus driver, who had retinitis pigmentosa, he had 20/20 vision, with about 5 degrees of field in each eye, like looking through a slightly larger pinhole. He hid his level of vision loss for years, until one morning it was too dark, he literally couldn't see at all.

Which, brings up an interesting issue, regarding physical health. Does the Killer have any physical problems? Hypoglycemia? Diabetes? Low blood sugar levels can induce confusion, and affect vision.
Bbm

Did you just give her a valid defence - that she hadn't eaten a proper meal, so perhaps suffering from low blood sugar?

Not that I had experienced vision problems, being non diabetic, and used to work similar long hours at her age.:oops:

However, who knows what physical condition the Killer is in? I have worked for decades with people who are visually impaired, and can tell you stories, my "favorite" one is a school bus driver, who had retinitis pigmentosa, he had 20/20 vision, with about 5 degrees of field in each eye, like looking through a slightly larger pinhole. He hid his level of vision loss for years, until one morning it was too dark, he literally couldn't see at all.

Which, brings up an interesting issue, regarding physical health. Does the Killer have any physical problems? Hypoglycemia? Diabetes? Low blood sugar levels can induce confusion, and affect vision.
Good questions. BTW for what is worth my original post suggesting she could be colorblind was actually sarcasm!

Bbm

Did you just give her a valid defence - that she hadn't eaten a proper meal, so perhaps suffering from low blood sugar?

Not that I had experienced vision problems, being non diabetic, and used to work similar long hours at her age.:oops:

I am not sure, because she would have had to disclose any type of physical conditions. Hiding the problems would, again, lead to culpability. And the fact that she was so quick to draw her gun, sort of negates a fugue state. But it could be a "Hail Mary" move for the defense, if they see everything going South, go with a hypoglycemia sudden onset, that the killer never knew about. She could get off, and, then be eligible for disability benefits due to physical disability.

Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Glucose)

Now, this is interesting reading, signs of hypoglycemia, include disorientation, and "fight or flight" syndrome, and adrenaline. Increased irritability. Interesting for potential defense. And I believe gives significant support for reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
The Dallas DA’s office is looking at the electronic lock on Botham Jean’s apartment door to determine whether or not it was already open at the time of his shooting two weeks ago.

Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger told investigators the door was “ajar” and able to push open, but witnesses say they heard someone banging on it and yelling.

The Dallas Morning News reports the locks store data from the last 200 entries and could show the last time the door was unlocked prior to the shooting.
Could an Electronic Lock Be the Key to Questions Surrounding Botham Jean Shooting | News Talk WBAP-AM

Why did police seek search warrant for drug evidence in Botham Jean’s home?

Dallas police sought a warrant looking for evidence of drug paraphernalia in the home of Botham Jean after an officer from its department shot and killed the unarmed African-American man in his home. Joy Reid and her panel discuss how the subsequent department leaks and media coverage of this case have raised many red flags, with the attorney for the family.

Thanks for linking, Vagirl. Worth the time, imo. Reminded me why this case has upset so many people. An innocent man sitting in his own home was shot and killed but LE searched for evidence he was a criminal.

In my opinion if her defense points at the mj it may backfire on them. You never know what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Might even have a older person serving who is also a regular user.

moo

Has anyone heard if the 9 protesters were released yesterday? Per Texas law their bail amount should have been set promptly and certainly within 24 hours. If they get no probable cause hearing within 24 hours, Texas and Federal law says they are to be released without paying a dime.

Has anyone heard if the 9 protesters were released yesterday? Per Texas law their bail amount should have been set promptly and certainly within 24 hours. If they get no probable cause hearing within 24 hours, Texas and Federal law says they are to be released without paying a dime.

They bailed out Tuesday.

40 hours after arrests, 9 protestors of Botham Jean shooting released from jail

9 freed from jail after arrests on traffic obstruction charges during Botham Jean protest outside AT&T Stadium | Crime | Dallas News

Why did police seek search warrant for drug evidence in Botham Jean’s home?

Thanks for linking, Vagirl. Worth the time, imo. Reminded me why this case has upset so many people. An innocent man sitting in his own home was shot and killed but LE searched for evidence he was a criminal.

In my opinion if her defense points at the mj it may backfire on them. You never know what people do in the privacy of their own homes. Might even have a older person serving who is also a regular user.

moo
I wasn't going to mention this but I changed my mind. In 2016 two DPD cops woke me up in the middle of the night banging on my apartment door, responding to a call about someone in a vacant apartment, I asked them what building they are responding to, they said 3306, I said you are at 3310 you are at the wrong building, they ignored that and asked me to show ID which I did. I had lived there for 2 years. After they left I was thankful I hadn't left anything out on the kitchen counter! I would qualify as an older individual. So apparently DPD can wake you up in the middle of the night and make you prove you are the correct resident of your own home!

This is about bond hearings in Texas where it really should be a simple matter upon being booked, your bail determined on the spot without ever being caged.

The girl was sassy and goofy.

Last edited:
Arresting those folks, and holding them with no bail hearing, as compared to a Killer not being charged for days, until prompted by the attorney press conference on Sunday, is a public relations nightmare. And the Killer didn't spend a minute in jail.

Is Homer Simpson in charge of this situation in Dallas?! Doh. He couldn't do any worse.

From the beginning it seems her story was accepted by the powers that be. I wish we knew if that has changed or do they still assume she unintentionally went to his apartment? moo

ETA: I shouldn't have said assume. I'm an optimist so I am hoping they are allowing the evidence to dictate their response.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to mention this but I changed my mind. In 2016 two DPD cops woke me up in the middle of the night banging on my apartment door, responding to a call about someone in a vacant apartment, I asked them what building they are responding to, they said 3306, I said you are at 3310 you are at the wrong building, they ignored that and asked me to show ID which I did. I had lived there for 2 years. After they left I was thankful I hadn't left anything out on the kitchen counter! I would qualify as an older individual. So apparently DPD can wake you up in the middle of the night and make you prove you are the correct resident of your own home!

I'd have been terrified to hear officers in the middle of the night (or anyone for that matter). Too many innocents have been shot by mistake.

Glad you weren't 'exposed'.

moo

one thing thats been nagging me - and unfortunately its not that important and wont provide concrete evidence - but it doesnt settle w me and is therefore another one of many elements leading me to not trust her story:

for arguments sake, lets say the noise complaints were made by her that morning (i realize we know its her unit but not necessarily her). when she notified the building, she was very likely asked some variation of "what unit are you in and which unit is the noise from" or "oh hi amber, we see you are listed in unit XYZ. can you provide the resident name or unit # for this complaint?" AND "thank you for confirming. can you describe what type of noise (hammering, tv, partying, singing) and the approximate hours this happens?"

after an exchange w the apartment related to Jean's unit, it seems so unlikely & unsettling to me she accidentally shows up at his unit that night, thinking its hers. if this noise bothered her enough to complain, you'd think its be on the forefront of your mind, especially arriving home after a long day. i could even buy that she was tired after work and walking the bldg was thinking "omg if Jean's loud again" and in a mental trance walked to his unit BUT then turns around when she realizes her mistake. again, this obviously isnt concrete, its just speculation on my part her story is BS bc it just doesnt settle w me.

i realize she possibly could have made the complaint and the apartment employee on the receiving end didnt care/was very brief BUT i find the scenario i mentioned above more likely. most buildings at the very least want to accurately document which unit is complaining about which unit and generally what happened, if anything to prevent situations from escalating and therefore loosing tenants (and not necessarily bc they care about the drama).

anyway, there are much more concrete conflicts to her version of events but this one really sticks w me on a gut level. i am someone who can buy the trying to get into the wrong apt version (although not the shooting part) but for this reason, i really even have a hard time being sure she even made a mistake and wasnt up there to confront him

Evidence released in Botham Jean slaying prompts allegations of 'smear campaign' | Crime | Dallas News

The 911 call, not a impressionistic narrative from an undisclosed source seemingly with a not-too-thinly-veiled agenda, NEEDS TO BE RELEASED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 7, 2018.

I am quite curious about how ANYONE was dispatched there under the pretense of a security guard shooting and the likely probability that she may have indeed been a courtesy officer at the complex perhaps with a slight discount on her rent. If so, did she have access to master or pass keys or any knowledge of the door lock and key systems beyond the average resident?

I believe the unaltered 911 call recording, if we ever hear that, will answer at least several questions many reasonably have.

Did AG deceptively inject the irrelevant subject of her being a courtesy office to provide foundation for the dispatch to make that reported error?

Any deception or conflicting accounts offered can easily be viewed as strong presumption of murder and not simply manslaughter.

Depending how it is presented and played by DPD, which so far has only indicated BS and preferential treatment of an officer that at least lost her mind, strong presumption that her fraternal colleagues are helping to that end certainly isn't unreasonable to have.

It all looks bad and very sloppy.

refore loosing tenants (and not necessarily bc they care about the drama).

anyway, there are much more concrete conflicts to her version of events but this one really sticks w me on a gut level. i am someone who can buy the trying to get into the wrong apt version (although not the shooting part) but for this reason, i really even have a hard time being sure she even made a mistake and wasnt up there to confront him

Evidence released in Botham Jean slaying prompts allegations of 'smear campaign' | Crime | Dallas News

Last edited:
I'd go further saying how the propaganda is being methodically leaked with carefully crafted narratives directed at desensitizing the public to accepting of what the system there ultimately wants to happen, she wasn't arrested on the scene and was only charged 3 days later with manslaughter, "THEY" appear to be complicit in shaping her story.

We've not heard a peep from the DPD Detective who swore a warrant with one story or the Ranger who swore a warrant with a different one. For all the undisclosed official leaks, none have addressed these conflicting accounts and where DPD's detective came up with hers.

It does appear propagandists exist who are saying the Detective had no first hand basis for her sworn accounting whose inference was that she got the accounting from AG and it is fair to assume she got it from her recorded on the scene that night.

Yes, some are saying her affidiavit and description of what she was told happened, was simply a careless error and not an accounting from AG herself.

WTH????

Why were both apartments not treated as evidentary key parts of their version of an homicide investigation meaning with AG detained and not be allowed unfettered access to hide any other bodies, so to speak?

This could have already been before a probable cause determing grand jury and it is NOT like the DA there couldn't take it before as many grand juries as she wanted or needed to while their bumbling and botched investigation may or may not bring in key evidence. I believe murder has no statute of limitations.

Is she running for re-election opposed? If opposed, who i$ running again$t her?

Has anyone found out what she studied in college and where?

From the beginning it seems her story was accepted by the powers that be. I wish we knew if that has changed or do they still assume she unintentionally went to his apartment? moo

ETA: I shouldn't have said assume. I'm an optimist so I am hoping they are allowing the evidence to dictate their response.

Last edited:
John Creuzot - Ballotpedia

This is the candidate opposing Faith Johnson and the idea that this election will certainly hinge somewhat on the AG murder, is truly disturbing.

I'd say the think tanks of political scientists on both sides have been working triple time since September 6, 2018.

I'd even wager that until AFTER the election, AG's case will not be aggressively advanced accompanied by selective unverifiable leaked excuses and agenda based commentaries along with more non-committal official statements clearly crafted to influence public perception, injected between ignoring silence brilliantly crafted to keep everyone distracted and placated.

A report posted here yesterday stated AG's case to have her fired from DPD has not yet even been turned over to internal affairs and they could give her walking papers in less than a work week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member