TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it’s been confirmed that AG has a dog? I know it seems silly but as a dog owner, it would add a lot of context for me in terms of how she could possibly mistake her home for someone else’s home. I think it would be very hard to do in any circumstance but if she has a dog, it would be nearly impossible.

Does anyone else feel that LE should have not been allowed to obtain a search warrant for Mr. Jean’s apartment, personal belongings? If it had to happen, it surely shouldn’t have happened with out a representative for Mr. Jean. I think the only search they should have been allowed was that of the immediate area where death occurred. It’s not like they didn’t know how it happened. I am very upset that a search of his home and personal belongings took place without representation for the victim.
The Botham Jean killing: Cops obtain warrant to search victim's apartment for ... narcotics?

The tweet by Walter Katz is the best information at the link. I have no hope of posting his twitter feed link, so paraphrasing: '...having reviewed OIS's for years...the absence of evidence of a victim's link to narcotics...prevents specious defense arguments later...'

IMO Mr Katz has offered a Voice of Reason on the topic.

What does property search have to do with race? I think it has more to do with being killed by a cop. Police searched Justine Damond's property, after she was killed by a cop, as well. Not sure what they could have possibly expected to find in there, as the woman was a squeaky clean as they come.

What does property search have to do with race? I think it has more to do with being killed by a cop. Police searched Justine Damond's property, after she was killed by a cop, as well. Not sure what they could have possibly expected to find in there, as the woman was a squeaky clean as they come.
Yes, and that was disgraceful too. They were looking for dirt on her, like drugs which would mean that she was acting erratically, not the LE who fired across his partners body out the drivers side window. That is erratic behaviour.

And we are not speaking about race. We have been warned not to. So we are not.

Justine was out in an alley. She may have been behaving very erratically . This man was in his dang apartment. Not the same at all,

Justine, by the standards of the country she was brought up in, was not behaving erratically. We can approach police that we have called without fearing we will be shot dead.

Yes. Justine was outside attempting to flag down the police that she had summoned and explain the crime she was reporting. That’s standard behavior anywhere in the world. I would do the same thing. Both she and Bo had every right to be confident that normal actions would not result in being shot and later subject to a possible character assassination.

Yes. Justine was outside attempting to flag down the police that she had summoned and explain the crime she was reporting. That’s standard behavior anywhere in the world. I would do the same thing. Both she and Bo had every right to be confident that normal actions would not result in being shot and later subject to a possible character assassination.
Yes but it seems to me that that is not what happens in US LE. Ient has to do with what LE may be frightened of, but LE where she was brought up would not expect her to have a gun and saw no reason that they would expect that she did. Different cultures and I know which culture is healthier.

Last edited:
Yes but it seems to me that that is not what happens in US LE. Ient has to do with what LE may be frightened of, but LE where she was brought up would not expect her to have a gun and saw no reason that they would expect that she did. Different cultures and I know which culture is healthier.

I honestly don’t believe that poorly trained and/or (maybe?) corrupt LE are unique to the United States. There are many thousands of civilian/LE interactions here every day that result in nothing untoward. But that sure as heck doesn’t mean we should not call out loudly those that result in injustice. Justine’s death certainly was a travesty. I think Bo’s is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper