TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weed makes people mellow, not confrontational. They are withholding a lot about AG, but putting out trivial stuff like this to defame him.
And you keep forgetting that she was at his door, not him at her door.
Depends what they are smoking Jenn. If it's "just" pure pot, generally. However, it can make some people very paranoid and frantic. And, people lace pot with all sorts of garbage that is making people drop dead, like synthetics.

I don't think it's victim blaming, they are merely being thorough and reporting the results of their search of the crime scene. If they withhold any of those results, then they will be accused of deceit. And in fact, that marijuana may go a long way in explaining how and why this incident unfolded.

I’m sorry, in what way would 10g of weed explain the unfolding event of an innocent person being murdered in their own home? If you are insinuating that being under the influence of marijuana could lead to any altercation deserving of an execution, I will have to disagree. There is no evidence that eludes to the victim deserving intrusion or harm so what substance is found in his domain is no concern of mine. Now, if it were disclosed that the weed dropped from the murderers pocket then yes, maybe she wasn’t thinking straight and HER influences deserve to be investigated - BUT EVEN THEN - her actions are STILL inexcusable. Period.

Depends what they are smoking Jenn. If it's "just" pure pot, generally. However, it can make some people very paranoid and frantic. And, people lace pot with all sorts of garbage that is making people drop dead, like synthetics.
If he had that small amount, I think it would just be what we call 'green'. He worked at a responsible job, he is not going to get into spice. I know people who smoke MJ as a relaxant at the end of the day, like I have three gin and tonics. It is no different to me, except that people are far more likely to be aggressive on alcohol than pot.

According to what we know, AG has offered two different versions of what happened that night. Both are based on her not being able to recognize the difference between her home and someone else’s.

According to her own versions of events, there was no spontaneous decision to make a drug bust. Further, why would she make a drug bust on what she’s claiming she thought was her own apartment. It makes no sense in the context of the story she has already told. At the very least, I’d think smelling pot would be yet another neon sign that she was in the wrong place.

I’d wager she never knew it was there, given that they needed a warrant to search for it after the fact.

I don't think it's victim blaming, they are merely being thorough and reporting the results of their search of the crime scene. If they withhold any of those results, then they will be accused of deceit. And in fact, that marijuana may go a long way in explaining how and why this incident unfolded.

You may know or some of the Police Officers who have been posting may know. The Toxicology report takes 4 to 6 weeks correct?

You may know or some of the Police Officers who have been posting may know. The 4 Toxicology report takes 4 to 6 weeks correct?
Toxicology reports do not take 4 to six weeks. People are booked for DIU or driving under the influence of drugs within hours of blood taken. Do they think that people are that stupid?

You may know or some of the Police Officers who have been posting may know. The Toxicology report takes 4 to 6 weeks correct?
The complete toxicology report can take longer. On some high profile murder cases it has taken two months for the medical examiner to determine cause of death because of the delay.

The complete toxicology report can take longer. On some high profile murder cases it has taken two months for the medical examiner to determine cause of death because of the delay.

And ballistics?
If you get a chance can you look at the video of the apartment, anything on the end tables stand out?

The marijuana MAY BE significant in many ways, like why he did not engage verbally with AG (which MAY have prevented this tragedy). Or why he forgot (?) to secure his door. Reports indicate the pot was out in the open. Was he startled by the sudden appearance of a police officer when the pot was out? The idea that pot makes you mellow is not always true. I've heard of very violent crimes being committed under its influence. Does Price Waterhouse have a zero toleration policy? His reputation may have been on the line. AG's negligence is still core to the case, but to dismiss the dope as "victim blaming" is doing great disservice to the cause of fully understanding why this tragedy occurred.

And ballistics?
If you get a chance can you look at the video of the apartment, anything on the end tables stand out?
I'm under the impression that the delay for the complete toxicology report is because the lab is behind/slow. I haven't been aware of any delay on ballistics. And they never seem to put a rush on the lab results.
Do you have a link for the video?

I'm under the impression that the delay for the complete toxicology report is because the lab is behind/slow. I haven't been aware of any delay on ballistics. And they never seem to put a rush on the lab results.
Do you have a link for the video?

In the post above can you see it?

And the official character assassination begins....

Dallas news outlets reporting search of Mr Jean's apartment found a small amount of weed.

I'm so angry. I knew this would happen. Victim blaming.
I really don't believe that weed was his, and AG wouldn't have smelled it and decided to confront him about it because she already admitted that he was in his underwear and the apartment was dark -- he'd likely been in bed.

AG parking on the 4th floor of the garage is just too convenient. I think she intended to go to the 4th floor before returning to her apartment to confront him. I wonder -- just speculation -- if she planted the weed there before calling 911.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member