TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO dark circles under eyes are only visible in some people with different complexions. Dark eyed people seem to be more vulnerable to it and it is often related to liver impairment from a drinking habit.

Would the lock still go red if the wrong key was placed in it while the door was unlocked?

From working in different hotel brands and traveling, yes if the key is not for the room you are trying to open, the red light will flash. Some systems have another color that flashes to tell key does not match that door. However, I have only seen that at an exclusive resort.

From working in different hotel brands and traveling, yes if the key is not for the room you are trying to open, the red light will flash. Some systems have another color that flashes to tell key does not match that door. However, I have only seen that at an exclusive resort.
But back to the real world, if you key or fob does not work, you may think that you have made a mistake and gotten the wrong apartment.
Well, most normal people would, unless they were carrying a gun in a police uniform and thought that they had more power than they should have.

But back to the real world, if you key or fob does not work, you may think that you have made a mistake and gotten the wrong apartment.
Well, most normal people would, unless they were carrying a gun in a police uniform and thought that they had more power than they should have.

There seem to be two stories.

Door locked: If she tried her key /fob and it didn’t work, the natural reaction is - I am using the right key/fob? If it’s the right key/fob and does not work then you look around - am I in the right place? Why is this not working?

Door unlocked or ajar: if she just opened the totally unlocked door and looked around, the natural reaction is - Is this my stuff? My home? Couch? Chairs? Pictures? Table?

Regardless, just pulling your weapon and opening fire seems ridiculous.

There seem to be two stories.

Door locked: If she tried her key /fob and it didn’t work, the natural reaction is - I am using the right key/fob? If it’s the right key/fob and does not work then you look around - am I in the right place? Why is this not working?

Door unlocked or ajar: if she just opened the totally unlocked door and looked around, the natural reaction is - Is this my stuff? My home? Couch? Chairs? Pictures? Table?

Regardless, just pulling your weapon and opening fire seems ridiculous.
Not only seems ridiculous, it is ridiculous.

Yes. I sincerely hope we have not arrived at a place where it’s acceptable to say- welp, I’m a bit confused so the only option is to fire off a couple of indescriminate rounds.
I live in Australia, this is being widely reported here. I think it has something to do with the dual citizen Justine Diamond was killed by a US LE.

Was this posted already?

#BothamJean death

#NEW: The family disputes #AmberGuyger's account of what happened Thursday night. The attorney representing them says two witnesses say they heard a woman knocking on a door, saying “Let me in” just before shooting. @CBSDFW

Tami Carr on Twitter
Isn't that a little odd?

If the door was ajar, why would she have to say "Let me in"?

If she thought an intruder was in the apt, why would she WANT to go in?

Me too, but it seems to be an ongoing thing in the US and the world is watching.

The U.S. has an incredible number of law enforcement officers. The NYPD alone is larger than some actual armies. Extrapolate that across 50 states and you get a lot of problems. I think most of our police are great and I also think we need to do better at making sure weed out the cowboys.

interior photos

o.jpg
Thanks for the photo. I wonder if his bedroom door is to the left of the picture of the horse. (Not that this is his apt, but if the layout is the same)
I can see him stepping out of the bedroom to see why there was a noise at the door. She opens the door to the apt and sees him standing there and shoots. I doubt her story that she said "Let me see you hands" but even if she did, how would she see his hands in the dark apt when she said she only saw a silhouette in the apt?

Thanks for the photo. I wonder if his bedroom door is to the left of the picture of the horse. (Not that this is his apt, but if the layout is the same)
I can see him stepping out of the bedroom to see why there was a noise at the door. She opens the door to the apt and sees him standing there and shoots. I doubt her story that she said "Let me see you hands" but even if she did, how would she see his hands in the dark apt when she said she only saw a silhouette in the apt?

Also how could you stand in that doorway, even if dark, and not see that it’s not your apartment?

Also how could you stand in that doorway, even if dark, and not see that it’s not your apartment?
I don't think she took the time to notice---she had tunnel vision. I think she opened the door, saw him, and shot him.

The only time we hear that she actually entered the apt was after she shot him to call 911. It was then she realized it was not her apt and had to go look at the door to see what apt she was at.

Isn't that a little odd?

If the door was ajar, why would she have to say "Let me in"?

If she thought an intruder was in the apt, why would she WANT to go in?

They (the attorneys during the PC) said that BSJ and AG didn't know each other. Why would a stranger yell "Let me in!"? Did she really think she was at her own apartment and someone she knew was inside (waiting for her)? That isn't something you say at a stranger's door. Did they know one another?

This whole thing has me :confused:.

They (the attorneys during the PC) said that BSJ and AG didn't know each other. Why would a stranger yell "Let me in!"? Did she really think she was at her own apartment and someone she knew was inside (waiting for her)? That isn't something you say at a stranger's door. Did they know one another?

This whole thing has me :confused:.
It's been reported by several sources that they did not know each other.

I'm a little concerned about these witnesses.

Knowingly and willingly.
She pointed a gun of her own free will and shot to kill.
Sure sounds knowingly and willingly to me.

Absolutely. Another thing that goes totally against her training. She doesn't clear the rest of the apartment! Maybe because she realized it wasn't hers? Still odd that she did not check it.

I missed that she DID administer first aid. I hope that is true. It would make me feel slightly better at least.

So am I. Very angry. This one has hit me very hard.

Wouldn't you think that she would have wondered why her dog wasn't barking? Or worried about her dog? Checked on her dog? If I thought there was a burglar in my home and my dog was silent I would be FREAKING OUT. Then again... my human children say my dog is my favorite child so...

It was initially handled as an officer involved shooting. The police chief said that when explaining it was complicated. Because she was in uniform and with her service weapon but off duty... it was complex.
She stated she administered CPR. I find it hard to believe. Were is the uniform she was wearing?

She stated she administered CPR. I find it hard to believe. Were is the uniform she was wearing?

I also find it hard to believe, though I want to believe it. There should definitely be blood evidence if it's true. The uniform SHOULD be in evidence, it would have been easy enough to have her change since her apartment was right upstairs. I don't know if it is in evidence or not, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam