TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he meant in both lanes? Is it a 2 lane highway?

yes, it is a 2 lane highway. I travel that road often. I live in Abilene and my grandkids are in San Angelo. This area is busy during the daytime with travelers, but not super busy. There would be very little if any traffic at 1AM. I have traveled that are late at night and it isn't very busy at all.

I hear him say he was chased into the field also. I am going to have to go back and listen to that again.

What doesn't make sense to me here is where was he going? On that road, the only place of any significance is Abilene which is 90 miles. Bronte is the only place between the 2 towns and why he would go driving in that direction mad at 1 in the morning with no gas is utterly irresponsible and doesn't make any sense.

Also, where did his brother live? San Angelo? I thought I read early on he came from Weatherford, but I cannot find it now.

I think his voice sounds like he's been drinking myself. If he ran into anyone, I don't think it would be a random boogy man out at that time. I think it would more than likely be someone he knew. JMO tho.

This case is interesting and there are a few things that really don't sound on the up n up, but I really cannot figure it out.

One more thing. I'm surprised the front end of Brandon's truck was over the white line extending into the highway. I would think the back end (if anything) would be the part that wasn't able to make it off the road when he ran out of gas.

This is a great observation. that roadside park is on the opposite side of the highway so he would have had to pull across the highway heading north. You are correct, the backend should have been over the white line.

So very strange. I listened to the 911 call and I don't hear "state troopers" either. His speech is either very slurred or it's a real poor recording-or both.

I don't think he would have called 911 and asked for the cops unless it were a dire situation, given that he knew he had a warrant. Or did he know?

Why did he tell his brother he was 10 minutes up the road? Why not stay with the truck? Did his brother respond and say he was on the way when he asked for help? Maybe he started walking because he didn't think the brother was coming? So many questions!

Ten minutes up the road by car is in the city limits of Bronte, but 10 minutes up the road on foot would just be a mile or two which would be almost in Bronte....wasn't his brother Kyle seen in Bronte getting gas? There is a 24 hour Stripes Convenience store there. If Kyle came into Bronte to get gas, he would have gone passed Brandon and his truck.

The CNN report says Brandon's truck was 4 1/2 miles North of Bronte, but i think he was actually South of Bronte.

It's too maddening for me to even try to decipher the words. I have bad hearing to begin with. Too bad, I think there are clues in that call. Does anyone know if the 911 operator knows Brandon's location? I can't remember that part. I'm assuming that police arrived due to the 2nd 911 call from a passing motorist who was concerned about the truck being abandoned along the highway (in the line of traffic).

I think there are clues in that call too, but I can't make any more sense of it than anybody else here.
What did strike me though, is that in the 9-1-1 call, the operator seems to be understanding much more than we can. It sounds to me as if she is having a much more coherent conversation than we can hear. Does anyone know what she has said about this? Does anyone know if Ladessa has spoken to this person? I believe in the blog talk radio interview Ladessa does mention talking to a dispatcher. Was that the same person?

This is a great observation. that roadside park is on the opposite side of the highway so he would have had to pull across the highway heading north. You are correct, the backend should have been over the white line.

So Brandon's truck was facing north, but on the wrong side of the road? I didn't know that.

The only way I could imagine his truck's front end being over the line is if someone pushed the truck. If he did run out of gas, it seems almost impossible that his truck could have ended up with the front end over the white line ,unless something else was going on, because he would have had to turn the wheels back toward the road, still having momentum. That makes no sense either.

Didn't Brandon call 911 AFTER he called the brother? I'll have to check the timeline again. I'm getting confused. I was under the assumption the cops showed up at the same time as his brother due to the trucker or whomever called in the stranded vehicle. But what gets me is the report that cops stayed there for an hour before locking the truck and putting the flashers on? Is that correct?

The only thing that seems consistent, so far, is that the cop showed up at the same time as the brother, Kyle. I want to ask if anyone knows how long each person, his brother and the cop, stayed at the truck. Who left first and did Brandon's brother come back with gas or did he have gas when he arrived with the cop? TIA

Brandon's 911 call has been uploaded to YouTube. It plays first at normal speed and then at a slower speed. Somewhat garbled and very difficult to understand. Can anyone help transcribe?

http://youtu.be/_FXg-zxS1lE

This is the best I could do:

911: 911 Emergency.

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. This (unintelligible) just pushed(?) some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here. The guy(?) chased him(?) into the woods. Please hurry!

911: Okay, now run that by me one more…

BL: There's one guy(?) talking to him. I accidentally(?) ran into him (or "them").

911: Oh, you ran into him, okay.

BL: He shot (or "got"?) the first guy (unintelligible, 911 operator talks over)

911: Do you need an ambulance?

BL: Yeah. No, I need the cops.

911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Sir? Hello? Hello? Hello?

Ok-Here is what I am hearing.

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. One cars here. I'm taking to the woods. (Unintelligible to me)Please hurry!

BL: And when I was talking to em and like to of run into em

BL: Yeah-the first guy (unintelligible, 911 operator talks over)

911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Sir? Hello? Hello? Hello?[/QUOTE]

A saying here is "I'm taking to the woods" means I'm getting the He$$ out of here. I'm running etc. I think there is definitely someone else involved. He says he was talking to em (them) and almost hit em.

Maybe some guys were starting to pass him, he sped up and they were running side by side down the highway. (Going toward Abilene on both sides).

They rolled down the windows and were hollering at each other, or talking and he swerved into them and almost hit them.....they got mad (road rage) and he ran out of gas and had to pull over. They slow down and come back to "get him" and he's scared and "takes to the woods" to try and loose them.

He would be bleeding because he would have had to climb through a fence. Almost all fences along the highway are barbed wire. That was how he cut himself and was bleeding.

But here is the best part I hear:
When the 911 operator is saying Hello?? Hello?? Listen very carefully. His line is still open and you can hear two or three vehicles drive by in close proximity to each other. I hear three I think. One right after the other. He isn't talking back to her because he is afraid his voice will travel and they will hear him. But what are the chances of an imprompto meeting on a desolate highway at 1:00 in the morning?

I think they came back and found him and he has come to harm....JMO

I've seen people request a scanner transcription or something for certain dates on other cases--can we try something like that here? I'd be willing to make the request if someone can walk me through how to do it.

Hey y'all. I have asked Peachy (WS scanner expert) to take a look at this thread. She's busy working on another rewind at the moment, and will chime in as soon as she can.

Hope this helps!

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, according to the FB page, he called 9-1-1 but then was 'avoiding the cops because of his warrants'. And wife claims "nobody (media)will allow the story without the Coke County permission ". Claims she is broke, and that his bank account is frozen, but states she has chartered four flights on her own to look for him.

Something is not quite right here.

What is strange to me is that "The Observer/Enterprise" published this on facebook on Oct. 31, 2013:

"...It began with a 911 call about a stranded motorist just south of Bronte on Highway 277. The driver was not at the vehicle when Chief Deputy Brandon Neal arrived just after 1 am. However at this time, investigation has revealed that Brandon Lawson was hiding in the brush (due to an outstanding felony warrant) watching Deputy Neal while speaking to his brother, Kyle Lawson, on his cell phone...."

Where did it come from that he was hiding because of a warrant? I do not believe that. I have read this somewhere else too.

Who runs/writes for "The Observer/Enterprise," does anybody know?

Does it also seem strange that "a massive search," according to this online weekly, would be conducted almost three months after Brandon Lawson went missing?

What took that long? The area seems very remote and rural, so they weren't looking for a living person at that point.

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

Ok-Here is what I am hearing.

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. One cars here. I'm taking to the woods. (Unintelligible to me)Please hurry!

BL: And when I was talking to em and like to of run into em

BL: Yeah-the first guy (unintelligible, 911 operator talks over)

I snipped because I wanted to highlight the BBM.

Listen to the slowed down version. I can pretty clearly hear THIS GUY PUSHED SOME.... They don't have like rogue religious folks out that way do they? You know like Hare Krishna's? For some reason that's what I'm picturing some rogue religious folks walking down the highway in the long gowns and someone pulling over to hassle them. And Brandon stumbled across it? Am I crazy? LOL

Hare Krishnas? That gave me a much needed smile!

I'd say almost anybody but them! I used to see them giving out vegetarian snacks/food in very urban areas, and, of course, chanting in saffron robes.

How the heck did they get out there? :lurk: LOL :seeya:

May sound a mite crazy here but to my ears it sounds like he is saying 'haug'...or hog. Am wondering if he left the truck to urinate...perhaps further off the road...as he returns in runs into feral hogs traveling down both sides of the road. One chases him into the woods...woods end at a field. There is a point in phone call where it sounds like he is saying 'it isn't the first time'....to my ears there is an up-lift tone to his voice...like an attempt at embarrassed humor. Would make sense then why he wanted a cop...cop would have gun to use re aggressive animals. The female feral hogs can react aggressively if they feel their young are threaten. Again sounds a mite off but is a theory and Websleuths is the best place in my mind for discussing the ins * outs of a theory. Will apologize now if I do not get back here...health is down.

Also another person listened and thought they heard the name 'Joe' and the word 'sniper' so will place that thought here also.

Thanks much.

I believe Brandon called 911 because he needed LE assistance. Whatever outstanding warrants were probably a moot point. He made the call.

I believe Brandon called 911 because he needed LE assistance. Whatever outstanding warrants were probably a moot point. He made the call.

I agree ontheclock. I am born and raised in Texas and I understand the dialect very well. He is definitely scared. There is more than one person there and he needs help. I definitely hear almost ran over them and someone or something they pushed over. i also hear vehicles driving by at the end of the tape so he is close to the highway.

Here is a timeline from the blogtalkradio show as best I can put together.

11:53 PM Brandon left the home after a fight with his wife/girlfriend.

12:38 AM calls his brother Kyle to report he is out of gas. (It has taken him 45 minutes to arrive at road side park which is about 35 miles from his home)

12:53 AM Calls 911 to report he is in the middle of the field and he needs a cop

1:10 AM Brother Kyle and Officer Neal arrive at truck...no Brandon (Does Kyle have gas already at this point?) (It takes him only 30 minutes to arrive at same place and I think he already went into Bronte and bought gas and came back to truck)

1:19 Brandon calls Brother Kyle and tells him he is down the road 10 minutes and is bleeding. 10 minutes down the road could be close to the Colorado River. It is 2 miles from the road side park. Another 2 miles you are at the Stripes where I think Kyle was seen getting gas.

Hope this helps....

I'm glad this thread has finally gotten some attention. The release of the 911 tape changes my mind for sure. I was leaning toward Brandon going missing on purpose...Goodnight all...

Would like to see some guests on here tonight register and give us your thoughts here.

The first thing he says is that he's in the middle of a field. I wonder if there are fencelines on both sides of the road.

Here is a timeline from the blogtalkradio show as best I can put together.

11:53 PM Brandon left the home after a fight with his wife/girlfriend.

12:38 AM calls his brother Kyle to report he is out of gas. (It has taken him 45 minutes to arrive at road side park which is about 35 miles from his home)

12:53 AM Calls 911 to report he is in the middle of the field and he needs a cop

1:10 AM Brother Kyle and Officer Neal arrive at truck...no Brandon (Does Kyle have gas already at this point?) (It takes him only 30 minutes to arrive at same place and I think he already went into Bronte and bought gas and came back to truck)

1:19 Brandon calls Brother Kyle and tells him he is down the road 10 minutes and is bleeding. 10 minutes down the road could be close to the Colorado River. It is 2 miles from the road side park. Another 2 miles you are at the Stripes where I think Kyle was seen getting gas.

Hope this helps....

Yes, it does. Thank you.

Was it Ladessa who said Kyle told her he had no money for gas and would need to get it from Brandon before getting gas?

I will look for a link to this statement, because I know I heard or read it.

If true, would that mean that Kyle drove to the truck and met the deputy, then went to get gas when Brandon wasn't there and came back with the gas?

I have not seen anything about Kyle not having any money, but how would he get money for gas if Brandon wasn't at the truck?

I think I read the officer saw Kyle in Bronte getting gas. That means he would have had to drive passed Brandon's truck (and Brandon) to get to Bronte, then come back to the truck. I guess he could have stopped the first time when the officer was there (1:10), went to Bronte and got gas, then came back to the truck. But Brandon called again at 1:19 and they were supposedly at the truck then. I don't think 9 minutes would give him time to drive 4 miles into Bronte, fill up the gas can and drive back. If so, he was cutting it close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock