TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering........okay so BL had an outstanding warrant. Do we know what for? How long had this warrant been outstanding for? Why hadn't he been arrested for it, you'd think LE would have know where he (and LL) were living?

I really believe he was rather intoxicated in that 911 call. And he obviously drove his truck, had run out of gas, had called 911........so perhaps he took off because it dawned on him that the cops would be showing up and not only did he have the warrant, but would be charged w/ DUI as well (felony, right?).

God I don't remember where I read it now as I'm reading on so many pages/sites...but didn't he call his brother at one point and tell him that he was 10 minutes up the road from his truck? That could explain why he didn't just wait in his truck for his brother (to bring gas), if he didn't want to get busted drunk by LE. But then again, why did he call 911 to begin with....there had to have been a really legit reason, he must have felt like he was in danger.

And why did he tell either his brother or his brother's GF during one quick call that he was bleeding when not many minutes before then, when on phone w/ dispatcher and she asked if he needed ambulance he said no, just cops.

Worst case scenario, what would brother or LL have to gain from him disappearing or being dead?

This is strange...hard to make out what he was saying on that call.

Why was he in the middle of a field? Did he see something going on and decide to investigate? Maybe some sort of nefarious or criminal activity? He sounds like he's out of breath, maybe a bit panicked, but not terrified.

I assume he was walking down the road, was he being harassed by someone driving by or did he stumble upon something he shouldn't of? Just trying to brainstorm.

Vinny, from what I make out on the 911 tape he was talking to someone and almost hit them. This road is a desolate area especially at 1 in the morning. I am wondering if he called someone to meet him and ran out of gas or what?

I think he was running from whoever he almost hit and was scared. JMO

Vinny, from what I make out on the 911 tape he was talking to someone and almost hit them. This road is a desolate area especially at 1 in the morning. I am wondering if he called someone to meet him and ran out of gas or what?

I think he was running from whoever he almost hit and was scared. JMO

I don't know for sure if he really meant that he'd "hit someone"...I believe his words were "ran into him." Apparently there was no damage found to his truck so if he'd hit someone w/ his truck you'd expect to see some kind of damage?

I listened to the slow version of the 911 call about 2 dozen times and I really believe he was saying that state troopers pulled someone over and one of the people was chased into the bush and that he'd 'ran into him'. I copied out my interpretation of the call further up, can't recall my exact words now. Who knows, if he'd been drinking, ran out of gas, got out of truck to pee and someone troopers had pulled over was running away from trooper and into bush and BL ran into that person, that might explain what he meant?

Wondering........okay so BL had an outstanding warrant. Do we know what for? How long had this warrant been outstanding for? Why hadn't he been arrested for it, you'd think LE would have know where he (and LL) were living?

I really believe he was rather intoxicated in that 911 call. And he obviously drove his truck, had run out of gas, had called 911........so perhaps he took off because it dawned on him that the cops would be showing up and not only did he have the warrant, but would be charged w/ DUI as well (felony, right?).

God I don't remember where I read it now as I'm reading on so many pages/sites...but didn't he call his brother at one point and tell him that he was 10 minutes up the road from his truck? That could explain why he didn't just wait in his truck for his brother (to bring gas), if he didn't want to get busted drunk by LE. But then again, why did he call 911 to begin with....there had to have been a really legit reason, he must have felt like he was in danger.

And why did he tell either his brother or his brother's GF during one quick call that he was bleeding when not many minutes before then, when on phone w/ dispatcher and she asked if he needed ambulance he said no, just cops.

Worst case scenario, what would brother or LL have to gain from him disappearing or being dead?

Here's what I think MAY have happened and it's just a guess. I'm guessing that the argument was possibly much worse than they are saying. Was it physical? Why did Kyle need to go check on LaDessa?

I think it's very possible that Brandon was under the influence of something at the time. He sure sounds slurred in his speech to me.

I have zero doubt that they all (Brandon, LL and Kyle+GF) were trying to help him avoid being arrested for the warrant and possible DUI. (At least that's what it started out as) Brandon's warrant was for drugs and I believe distribution. So that adds a whole multitude of possibilities. Was he under the influence of drugs at the time? Was he out making a drug deal? Honestly IMO that doesn't really matter much besides some bad guys could have been following him. It doesn't sound like the case though. It sounds to me more like he just ran into someone out there at random when he was walking away from his truck to possibly hide from cops or walk to Bronte for gas.

I just think there's more to the story of the events of the night. I don't think it's likely his family or GF had anything to do with it. If not for the 911 call one could go a million different directions with this. The 911 call (even though not completely audible) sure sounds like he ran into someone (or someone's) out there and that is where the focus should be IMO.

The problem is when people see holes in the story their minds start to really wander. Why are they lying, what are they covering up etc. IMO there is no point lying about anything at this point. Just lay it all out there. We know Brandon wasn't a Saint...so what, who is? Don't try to paint him as one and just tell the truth so he can be found. I don't see him as a bad person. That's MOO.

Yes it's odd that she didn't ask his location. The whole thing is odd.

It's odd to me that Deputy Neal came from the north but didn't see anything? No vehicles pulled over or anything before arriving at the truck? Where was he coming from?

It's odd to me that LaDessa left her phone in the van charging knowing that Brandon was stuck out on the highway and had run out of gas and just went to bed. Why was the phone charging in the van?
It's odd to me that Kyle went back to the truck at 7am and put gas in it.

The whole thing is odd and I don't think we're getting the full story.

BBM
I think LaDessa had her phone in the van that weekend she spent in Bronte looking for him. She also had her phone charging when he tried to call her the night he went missing, but she was at home and the phone was with her in the house. She did not hear it ring because she was asleep.

I agree it sounds a little strange, but I think she is talking about 2 different times the phone was charging.

BBM
I think LaDessa had her phone in the van that weekend she spent in Bronte looking for him. She also had her phone charging when he tried to call her the night he went missing, but she was at home and the phone was with her in the house. She did not hear it ring because she was asleep.

I agree it sounds a little strange, but I think she is talking about 2 different times the phone was charging.

She couldn't have been asleep. She had just talked to Kyle a few minutes earlier and she texted Brandon at 1:19am.

LL: It's hunting land. It's really rough.

H: And I think that's something we may have skipped over right quick, was that this is an extremely rural area of Texas.

LL: Yeah.

H: The area he went in is basically nothing but wildlife.

LL: Yeah, it's deer hunting. There's a lot of wild hogs out there. There's rattlesnakes. And, you know, in the Texas weather, it's hot. And the rattlesnakes are not rattling because of the wild hogs. There's been a lot of rattlesnake bites out there in the past and stuff, so you've got to be real careful. When it's hot, they're out more.

H: Okay, and when the police were there, was there any type of investigation done that night?

LL: Not really. They just, when I called, my phone was in my van charging, because I told K that I was going to put the gas cans outside the porch, because I was, it was my son that was sick for two days. He had a double ear infection at the time. Well, I told K, go give your brother gas and tell him to come home, or let him cool off at your house, because my brother-in-law was the only one that, any family we had in San Angelo. Well, I went to sleep and then I woke up at 4:30 and I kind of was having a bad dream, panicking, and when I woke up, I went and looked at my phone, and I had three missed calls from Brandon and I had like ten from K and I had a text message that they were going to tow the truck, and they couldn't find Brandon. Well, I got scared and I called Brandon many a time and it went straight to voice mail. I could not get ahold of him. I called K and, when I told K, K was kind of panicking, and he couldn't find Brandon. He didn't know where he was at. The cop was there at the time. He didn't know where Brandon was at. He thought once the cop left, Brandon would come out. We still never knew Brandon called 911, or it would have been a whole different situation.

Above copied from the blog talk transcripts.

Since this is hunting land with deer, boar etc, again I wonder if Brandon could have run into poachers out there (illegal hunters)? Instead of saying something like preachers could he have been saying poachers? And if there are lots of rattlesnakes could he have gotten bitten by a snake while hiding out in the field?

BBM
How could she have not seen that she had 3 missed calls from Brandon prior to going to sleep when she texted Brandon at 1:19am (after the 3 missed calls) and warned him that cops were at his truck? UNLESS K or his GF had a phone in LL's name? The text was reportedly sent by someone using a phone registered to LL. Maybe this is where the confusion is coming in? Maybe we are talking 2 different phones? If not I'm thrown for a loop on that one.

Has it been proven that all these phone calls and texts to and from his brother and girlfriend actually happened or do we only have their word for it?

I find it really strange that his brother went to see his girlfriend after Brandon left the house.

Just wondering now..........(sorry not able to answer your question, but your post has caused me to have a question)..........in the 911 call we don't hear BL give his actual location, just that he's in the middle of a field. Is it not strange that dispatcher doesn't ask him his location?................AND....how did this Deputy Neal manage to find his truck so quickly after the 911 call if BL didn't give location?........was it only because supposedly a passing motorist (or trucker?) made the 911 call to report the truck on the side of the road because they allegedly just about hit it (as the nose of the vehicle was protruding a bit into the highway lane?).

Maybe the location part of the recording is a part that is snipped?

ETA... IF it was snipped.

ChuckieD - I thought it was odd that Kyle went to the Brandon's girlfriend's after Brandon left, as well - and before he went to take him gas.

ETA - nevermind...I see now it was to get the gas cans.

The only thing that seems consistent, so far, is that the cop showed up at the same time as the brother, Kyle. I want to ask if anyone knows how long each person, his brother and the cop, stayed at the truck. Who left first and did Brandon's brother come back with gas or did he have gas when he arrived with the cop? TIA

I've seen different version of what happened at the scene...it's a little muddy right now I think.

Ok-Here is what I am hearing.

BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. One cars here. I'm taking to the woods. (Unintelligible to me)Please hurry!

911: Okay, now run that by me one more…

BL: And when I was talking to em and like to of run into em

911: Oh, you ran into him, okay.

BL: Yeah-the first guy (unintelligible, 911 operator talks over)

911: Do you need an ambulance?

BL: Yeah. No, I need the cops.

911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Sir? Hello? Hello? Hello?

A saying here is "I'm taking to the woods" means I'm getting the He$$ out of here. I'm running etc. I think there is definitely someone else involved. He says he was talking to em (them) and almost hit em.

Maybe some guys were starting to pass him, he sped up and they were running side by side down the highway. (Going toward Abilene on both sides).
They rolled down the windows and were hollering at each other, or talking and he swerved into them and almost hit them.....they got mad (road rage) and he ran out of gas and had to pull over. They slow down and come back to "get him" and he's scared and "takes to the woods" to try and loose them.

He would be bleeding because he would have had to climb through a fence. Almost all fences along the highway are barbed wire. That was how he cut himself and was bleeding.

But here is the best part I hear:
When the 911 operator is saying Hello?? Hello?? Listen very carefully. His line is still open and you can hear two or three vehicles drive by in close proximity to each other. I hear three I think. One right after the other. He isn't talking back to her because he is afraid his voice will travel and they will hear him. But what are the chances of an imprompto meeting on a desolate highway at 1:00 in the morning?

I think they came back and found him and he has come to harm....JMO[/QUOTE]

I think this makes perfect sense, except it would've had to happen after he called his brother and he should've already been out of gas by then...if it was before he called his brother, then you'd think he would've said something to him.

I do think the met up with some people though.

LL: It's hunting land. It's really rough.

H: And I think that's something we may have skipped over right quick, was that this is an extremely rural area of Texas.

LL: Yeah.

H: The area he went in is basically nothing but wildlife.

LL: Yeah, it's deer hunting. There's a lot of wild hogs out there. There's rattlesnakes. And, you know, in the Texas weather, it's hot. And the rattlesnakes are not rattling because of the wild hogs. There's been a lot of rattlesnake bites out there in the past and stuff, so you've got to be real careful. When it's hot, they're out more.

H: Okay, and when the police were there, was there any type of investigation done that night?

LL: Not really. They just, when I called, my phone was in my van charging, because I told K that I was going to put the gas cans outside the porch, because I was, it was my son that was sick for two days. He had a double ear infection at the time. Well, I told K, go give your brother gas and tell him to come home, or let him cool off at your house, because my brother-in-law was the only one that, any family we had in San Angelo. Well, I went to sleep and then I woke up at 4:30 and I kind of was having a bad dream, panicking, and when I woke up, I went and looked at my phone, and I had three missed calls from Brandon and I had like ten from K and I had a text message that they were going to tow the truck, and they couldn't find Brandon. Well, I got scared and I called Brandon many a time and it went straight to voice mail. I could not get ahold of him. I called K and, when I told K, K was kind of panicking, and he couldn't find Brandon. He didn't know where he was at. The cop was there at the time. He didn't know where Brandon was at. He thought once the cop left, Brandon would come out. We still never knew Brandon called 911, or it would have been a whole different situation.

Above copied from the blog talk transcripts.

Since this is hunting land with deer, boar etc, again I wonder if Brandon could have run into poachers out there (illegal hunters)? Instead of saying something like preachers could he have been saying poachers? And if there are lots of rattlesnakes could he have gotten bitten by a snake while hiding out in the field?

BBM
How could she have not seen that she had 3 missed calls from Brandon prior to going to sleep when she texted Brandon at 1:19am (after the 3 missed calls) and warned him that cops were at his truck? UNLESS K or his GF had a phone in LL's name? The text was reportedly sent by someone using a phone registered to LL. Maybe this is where the confusion is coming in? Maybe we are talking 2 different phones? If not I'm thrown for a loop on that one.

BBM - The cop was still there at 4:30?

This just a theory, in no way saying that it happened but the more I read about this (only found out when I stumbled across the 911 call a few hours ago) the more it just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Is it possible that his truck was actually never driven by him that night but dumped at the location it was discovered, maybe towed empty of fuel? Is it only his wife, brother and sister in law who confirm that it's his voice in the 911 call?

I'm glad this thread has finally gotten some attention. The release of the 911 tape changes my mind for sure. I was leaning toward Brandon going missing on purpose...Goodnight all...

Would like to see some guests on here tonight register and give us your thoughts here.

Me too! I was so thrilled to log on just now and see we're on page 7!!!

I'm only checking and won't be able to be back on until later tonight. Great insights from everyone!

hey y'all. I have asked peachy (ws scanner expert) to take a look at this thread. She's busy working on another rewind at the moment, and will chime in as soon as she can.

Hope this helps!

:grouphug:

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

thank you!!!

IMO there is no way he's missing voluntarily. When he made that 911 call he was obviously afraid for his life. Given that he had a warrant, there is no way he would have called and requested cops unless his life were in danger.

I think he ran out of gas, called his brother, then started walking towards Bronte. It's possible he was afraid the cops would show up at his truck and he'd be arrested for the warrant or maybe even a DUI. I think while walking he came upon something/someone that harmed him.

When he stops talking in the 911 call my guess is the persons after him were getting close so he couldn't talk.

I would like to know if LE contacted the trucker who called in the stranded motorist? It's quite possible he saw people or another vehicle up the road.

I also feel like this is what happened, though the theory someone posted about him coming upon wild hogs is also plausible...

This just a theory, in no way saying that it happened but the more I read about this (only found out when I stumbled across the 911 call a few hours ago) the more it just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Is it possible that his truck was actually never driven by him that night but dumped at the location it was discovered, maybe towed empty of fuel? Is it only his wife, brother and sister in law who confirm that it's his voice in the 911 call?

It's strange for sure. I don't know quite what to think yet. The brother going to check on LL has me a bit perplexed. He left then CAME BACK when he got the call from Brandon saying he was out of gas. LL put the gas cans on the porch for him.

I know I read that Brandon called his father before leaving the house. I can only think that the fight was quite bad (possibly physical?) and the Dad called K and asked him to go check on LL? IDK?

The timeline and story is just not adding up.

So at 4:30am LL woke up, realized she had like 10 missed calls from K and 3 from Brandon and when she talked to K he was in a panic because it had been several hours and Brandon still had not returned to his truck? Had he stayed out there all that time? Perhaps he did. I know that about 7am he went into Bronte and got gas and put it in the truck in case Brandon showed up. Then around 8:30ish (I think) the cops towed the truck.

So here's my thing. LL went to bed without her phone knowing that Brandon was unaccounted for out in the boonies where his truck had run out of gas? Or did she assume K found him, got him gas and Brandon went back to his house with him?

She (or someone using a phone in her name) texted Brandon at 1:19 (19 minutes after cops and K arrived) warning him that cops were at his truck. And then she just fell asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne