TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all. I have asked Peachy (WS scanner expert) to take a look at this thread. She's busy working on another rewind at the moment, and will chime in as soon as she can.

Hope this helps!

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked and unfortunately, there is not Coke County feed available on Broadcastify for a scanner rewind.

This is strange...hard to make out what he was saying on that call.

Why was he in the middle of a field? Did he see something going on and decide to investigate? Maybe some sort of nefarious or criminal activity? He sounds like he's out of breath, maybe a bit panicked, but not terrified.

I assume he was walking down the road, was he being harassed by someone driving by or did he stumble upon something he shouldn't of? Just trying to brainstorm.

I have not seen anything about Kyle not having any money, but how would he get money for gas if Brandon wasn't at the truck?

I think I read the officer saw Kyle in Bronte getting gas. That means he would have had to drive passed Brandon's truck (and Brandon) to get to Bronte, then come back to the truck. I guess he could have stopped the first time when the officer was there (1:10), went to Bronte and got gas, then came back to the truck. But Brandon called again at 1:19 and they were supposedly at the truck then. I don't think 9 minutes would give him time to drive 4 miles into Bronte, fill up the gas can and drive back. If so, he was cutting it close.

I'm trying to find where that came from, Kyle having no money for gas.

Didn't the deputy and Kyle get there at the same time, 1:10am? The only reason I mentioned that is because it would have made one more trip from the truck to Bronte and back.

I wonder whether the deputy saw Kyle getting gas on his way to the truck, or on his way back to the station (or wherever he was headed)? I'm still having trouble visualizing the timeline the way I'd like to.

ETA: "Sometime after 7 am Friday morning, Kyle Lawson purchased gas in a gas can from Stripes. The empty gas can was found in the back of the abandoned vehicle."

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

Although not what I am looking for, this quote from "The Observer/Enterprise" dated Aug. 13, 2013, indicates that Kyle did not leave the gas between 1:10 am and 1:9am.

ETA 2: "12:38 am Brandon Lawson calls brother, Kyle Lawson, tells him that he ran out of gas and to bring him a gas can. (all is seemingly well)

Kyle Lawson and his girlfriend leave to bring an empty gas can as Kyle does not have the money to put gas in can. He figures when he arrives to his brother that he can take him to get gas and drop back off to truck and Brandon can pay for the gas for the can.

[BBM]

"Brandon spoke to his brother again saying he was 'ten minutes down the road.' According to his brother.

"What happened between the time Brandon talks to his brother and the 9-1-1 call?"

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2014/02/distraught-wife-releases-9-1-1-call.html
Posted by LostNMissing, Inc on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 .

The source of "thelostnmissing" quote is not given.

I have listened to this and listened to this many times. I have only listened on my phone though. I am going to listen on my computer with headphones ASAP. But this is what I got out of it so far.

It sounds like he is running. He sounds out of breath on some of it. He also sounds distressed.

On one part I am not sure he said "Because when I's talkin' to em" or "But we're not talking to em." because it sounds different on both versions.

http://youtu.be/_FXg-zxS1lE

Voice: 9. 2013. Zero 50 and 38 seconds.

O: 911 Emergency

BL: Yes. I'm in the middle of a field. The (staper, scraper or something s...per) just pushed some guys over.
We're out here (or right here) going toward Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here guys (chasin em or chasin me) through the woods. Please hurry.

O: Okay. Now run that by me one mo..

BL: Because when I's talkin' to em (But we're not talkin' to em) I (actually, accidently) ran into em.

O: Aah. You ran into em. O.K.

BL: (Got or not) the first guy. And I got the...{O is saying the following at same time}

O: Do you need an ambulance?

BL: Yeah, no I need the cops.

O: Is anybody hurt? Hello....hello.....hello?

IMO

ETA: When I first heard it, it sounded to me like he may have a head injury.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I just checked and unfortunately, there is not Coke County feed available on Broadcastify for a scanner rewind.

:tyou: for checking this out Peachy. Although I am disappointed, another thought came to mind.....

I know Broadcastify aggregates many of the free scanner audio feeds that most Scanner Peeps (aka SCeeps :D ) monitor in order to post onto the dedicated Scanner threads.

That being said, I wonder if there are other (non-Broadcastify audio feed) possibilities which may cover Coke County? Can we post a request to the Special Rewind Request thread & see if any other WS SCeeps can chime in? Maybe someone has a subscription to another premium service that can rewind Coke County? It can't hurt, IYKWIM?

If we make progress, then Brandon might need his own Scanner thread, which would represent real progress in unveiling the facts.

***ETA: in addition to the amazing work y'all have done with the analysis of the timeline & 911 call to dispatch. I truly believe the Scanner traffic would be a huge piece of the puzzle!***

I am going to cross my fingers that the SRR leads us to needing a dedicated Scanner thread for Brandon to remain within TOS :please:

Peachy can assist us with starting a Scanner thread if we need one, so I will ask her to help me out with the Special Rewind Request first.

I'm on Tapatalk, so I can't post the link at the moment, but I'll try to locate the thread and ETA it as soon as I can find it.

I'm not ready to give up on this just yet. There has to be a way to access the Scanner traffic from that night - we just haven't found it yet!

:highfive:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is strange to me is that "The Observer/Enterprise" published this on facebook on Oct. 31, 2013:

"...It began with a 911 call about a stranded motorist just south of Bronte on Highway 277. The driver was not at the vehicle when Chief Deputy Brandon Neal arrived just after 1 am. However at this time, investigation has revealed that Brandon Lawson was hiding in the brush (due to an outstanding felony warrant) watching Deputy Neal while speaking to his brother, Kyle Lawson, on his cell phone...."

Where did it come from that he was hiding because of a warrant? I do not believe that. I have read this somewhere else too.

Who runs/writes for "The Observer/Enterprise," does anybody know?

Does it also seem strange that "a massive search," according to this online weekly, would be conducted almost three months after Brandon Lawson went missing?

What took that long? The area seems very remote and rural, so they weren't looking for a living person at that point.

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

BBM

From the BlogTalk Radio interview:

LL: No, the cadaver dogs didn't pick up anything. But I believe LM, the sheriff's wife, she owns the Observer-Enterprise, and she informed me that they did pick up some hog scent. I guess because the hogs' blood out there is real strong. I'm not sure, but she informed me of that.

A syper just preached some guys over...I can't make it out!

To me it sounds like he's saying "state trooper", those 2 words so quickly that it's almost coming out as one word. If you listen to the slowed-down version of the 911 call (start listening at 1:11) it seems pretty clear to me.

It also sounds to me like his speech is a little slurred, the way someone would sound if they'd been drinking. Sounds to me like he's all hyped up and talking quickly but speech sorta slurred and that's why he doesn't clearly anunnciate both words separately and distinctly (state trooper) and it comes out as 2 words slurred together.

Brandon Lawson Missing - with 911 Call and slow version. - YouTube

I just wonder why he stops talking when the dispatcher asks him if anyone is hurt and he doesn't respond. It sounds like a car whizzing by, like he's close to the highway. Not sure what it would sound like if someone's cell phone stopped during a conversation, say they accidentally hit the wrong button and disconnected the call.......what would the dispatcher have heard on her end had he done that?

You would think if he'd dropped the phone on the ground you'd have heard some kind of garbled rustling sound but you don't hear anything, like i said, except the sound of traffic going by.

I wonder if he was lying on the ground when he was on the phone and he just passed out maybe from drinking too much, or nodded off from being intoxicated and he figured he didn't need to continue talking to the dispatcher because in his mind he'd told her the situation and that he needed a cop. Maybe he was lying on his back in the field not far from the highway, had phone up to his head to talk, as soon as he said he needed a cop he then let go of phone from his hand and nodded off.

Sounds to me like he's saying rather quickly and with slurred speech:

BL: "Yeah I'm in the middle of a field, state troopers just pulled 2 guys over right here going toward Abiline on both sides.....my truck ran out of gas, there's one guy (or does he say car?) here got chased into the woods, please hurry."

Dispatcher: Okay, now run that by me again?

BL: (speech quite slurred) ....says something about "went off the shoulder, I shouldn't have run into him"

Dispatcher: "ahh, you ran into him, okay."

BL: something about "he got the first guy"

Dispatcher: "do you need an ambulance?"

BL: he very quickly says "yes" but I think he just instinctively answered the question without really considering the question......then says "no, I need the cops."

This is so strange. Didn't his gf/wife say Kyle went to her house to get a gas can first?

And Kyle didn't get the gas until 7am the next morning?

Another thing that confuses me is LaDessa says Brandon tried to call her 3 more times that night and she didn't hear the phone because it was in the van charging? Why was it in the van when she reported that she talked with him on the phone shortly after he left after the argument? What were the times on those calls she missed?

I was wondering if people hunt out that way because my thoughts were maybe he ran into some poachers out illegally hunting wild hogs. They would probably be in a field off the highway.

The comment by the Sheriff's wife that the dogs picked up wild hog blood is strange. Why even say that if it is irrelevant? Where did they pick up the scent. Did Brandon run into some poachers?

I know wild boar/hogs are mean as heck. Is that what he might have run into?

There are still so many things I'm confused over wrt the timeline which is so important!

I agree his speech is slurred and IMO he's likely somewhat intoxicated. And that could be the reason for hiding from the cops on top of the warrant.

How did Kyle get there so fast especially if he had to go get a gas can from Ladessa first?

This is so strange. Didn't his gf/wife say Kyle went to her house to get a gas can first?

And Kyle didn't get the gas until 7am the next morning?

Another thing that confuses me is LaDessa says Brandon tried to call her 3 more times that night and she didn't hear the phone because it was in the van charging? Why was it in the van when she reported that she talked with him on the phone shortly after he left after the argument? What were the times on those calls she missed?

I was wondering if people hunt out that way because my thoughts were maybe he ran into some poachers out illegally hunting wild hogs. They would probably be in a field off the highway.

The comment by the Sheriff's wife that the dogs picked up wild hog blood is strange. Why even say that if it is irrelevant? Where did they pick up the scent. Did Brandon run into some poachers?

I know wild boar/hogs are mean as heck. Is that what he might have run into?

There are still so many things I'm confused over wrt the timeline which is so important!

I agree his speech is slurred and IMO he's likely somewhat intoxicated. And that could be the reason for hiding from the cops on top of the warrant.

How did Kyle get there so fast especially if he had to go get a gas can from Ladessa first?

Bbm I would agree but for the chilling fact of a 911 distress call!

IMO there is no way he's missing voluntarily. When he made that 911 call he was obviously afraid for his life. Given that he had a warrant, there is no way he would have called and requested cops unless his life were in danger.

I think he ran out of gas, called his brother, then started walking towards Bronte. It's possible he was afraid the cops would show up at his truck and he'd be arrested for the warrant or maybe even a DUI. I think while walking he came upon something/someone that harmed him.

When he stops talking in the 911 call my guess is the persons after him were getting close so he couldn't talk.

I would like to know if LE contacted the trucker who called in the stranded motorist? It's quite possible he saw people or another vehicle up the road.

No idea who created THIS FB page (seems on the page created by LL she's none too impressed about it), but if you read the posts, the owner of this page states that a friend of BL's received a call from him the early morning he went missing, that BL was calling from a Walmart Parking Lot and had told this friend that he was being chased.

https://www.facebook.com/findbrandonlawson

And whoever started this FB page above, they are claiming that the 911 Tape that is on the internet is not the original, and that the one available to listen to online has been spliced with bits of info removed and a couple of other people responding seem to agree.

Chief deputy Neal. Lets talk about him for a minute. He is the one that responded to the truck and met up with Kyle. And he came from the Bronte area to the North and Kyle arrived from the south? And Neal owns the property off the side of the highway that was later searched? And he stayed behind for an hour after Kyle left? Is this correct? Is he a state trooper?

Chief deputy Neal. Lets talk about him for a minute. He is the one that responded to the truck and met up with Kyle. And he came from the Bronte area to the North and Kyle arrived from the south? And Neal owns the property off the side of the highway that was later searched? And he stayed behind for an hour after Kyle left? Is this correct? Is he a state trooper?

Just wondering now..........(sorry not able to answer your question, but your post has caused me to have a question)..........in the 911 call we don't hear BL give his actual location, just that he's in the middle of a field. Is it not strange that dispatcher doesn't ask him his location?................AND....how did this Deputy Neal manage to find his truck so quickly after the 911 call if BL didn't give location?........was it only because supposedly a passing motorist (or trucker?) made the 911 call to report the truck on the side of the road because they allegedly just about hit it (as the nose of the vehicle was protruding a bit into the highway lane?).

Just wondering now..........(sorry not able to answer your question, but your post has caused me to have a question)..........in the 911 call we don't hear BL give his actual location, just that he's in the middle of a field. Is it not strange that dispatcher doesn't ask him his location?................AND....how did this Deputy Neal manage to find his truck so quickly after the 911 call if BL didn't give location?........was it only because supposedly a passing motorist (or trucker?) made the 911 call to report the truck on the side of the road because they allegedly just about hit it (as the nose of the vehicle was protruding a bit into the highway lane?).

Yes it's odd that she didn't ask his location. The whole thing is odd.

It's odd to me that Deputy Neal came from the north but didn't see anything? No vehicles pulled over or anything before arriving at the truck? Where was he coming from?

It's odd to me that LaDessa left her phone in the van charging knowing that Brandon was stuck out on the highway and had run out of gas and just went to bed. Why was the phone charging in the van?

It's odd to me that Kyle went back to the truck at 7am and put gas in it.

The whole thing is odd and I don't think we're getting the full story.

Coke County Sheriff office is 14 miles just west of Bronte in Robert Lee. IIRC Deputy Neal arrived from the north on 277?? What was he doing out there? There's nothing much out there. And a State Trooper would be different from a Sheriff Deputy so I doubt Brandon would mistake the two. Hwy 277 is also called State Street FWIW. Is that what he said? I don't hear that but maybe?

Why did Brandon's brother come over to check on Ladessa?

At 12:30 Kyle called LaDessa and she got that call. Just a couple minutes later at 12:34 Brandon called and LaDessa didn't get that or the subsequent 2 calls?

How far away did Kyle live away from LaDessa and what time did he pick up the gas can?

From the PI timeline

08/09/2013 Approx 12:10 AM Kyle, Brandon’s brother, came over to check on Ladessa then he left.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:30 AM Kyle called Ladessa and said that Brandon ran out of gas and Ladessa asked Kyle to take the gas can, get it filled, and bring it to Brandon. Kyle took the gas can and left.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:34 AM, 12:36 AM, and 12:48 AM Ladessa’s phone was charging and she missed 3 phone calls from Brandon; he did not leave a message.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:53 AM Brandon Lawson called 911 and Coke County Sheriff’s Office responded to a stranded motorist.

Sorry about the funny font. That's how it copied over from the article.

T h e l a s t c o n t a c t w i t h
Brandon Lawson’s phone
was a text message at 1:19
a m w a r n i n g h i m a b o u t
police sent from a phone
b e l o n g i n g t o K y l e
Lawson’s girlfriend.

http://www.observerenterprise.com/8-16-13/OE_Page_1.pdf

It does sound to me like family members (LaDessa and Kyle) may have thought that he was just hiding to begin with, due to the warrant.

So add to the timeline a text at 1:19 am from LaDessa (or her phone) to Brandon warning him that police were there.

I still think there's more to the story and I think they need to come completely clean and tell the whole truth.

The "yeah" in the 911 call before Brandon says "no I need the cops" is not his voice IMO and he begins saying "no I need the cops" right over the "yeah". Is it possible the "yeah" is someone at dispatch talking?

Coke County Sheriff office is 14 miles just west of Bronte in Robert Lee. IIRC Deputy Neal arrived from the north on 277?? What was he doing out there? There's nothing much out there. And a State Trooper would be different from a Sheriff Deputy so I doubt Brandon would mistake the two. Hwy 277 is also called State Street FWIW. Is that what he said? I don't hear that but maybe?

Why did Brandon's brother come over to check on Ladessa?

At 12:30 Kyle called LaDessa and she got that call. Just a couple minutes later at 12:34 Brandon called and LaDessa didn't get that or the subsequent 2 calls?

How far away did Kyle live away from LaDessa and what time did he pick up the gas can?

From the PI timeline

08/09/2013 Approx 12:10 AM Kyle, Brandon’s brother, came over to check on Ladessa then he left.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:30 AM Kyle called Ladessa and said that Brandon ran out of gas and Ladessa asked Kyle to take the gas can, get it filled, and bring it to Brandon. Kyle took the gas can and left.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:34 AM, 12:36 AM, and 12:48 AM Ladessa’s phone was charging and she missed 3 phone calls from Brandon; he did not leave a message.

08/09/2013 Approx 12:53 AM Brandon Lawson called 911 and Coke County Sheriff’s Office responded to a stranded motorist.

Your questions are all great ones. Did LE ask any of these same questions, I wonder?

Did Kyle, his GF (who supposedly accompanied him when he drove to where BL's truck was) and LL undergo any kind of polygraph? Were they ever consider persons of interest?

What did BL and LL really fight about the night he left him and then disappeared?

How can a young man be missing for 6 months yet there be so many (at least to us) unanswered questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx