TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, LE either knows something we don't or something is fishy. If you have the means, why not use them? I understand it's private property, but why aren't they trying to find Brandon?

I had a thought this morning. Are there any houses around this location? I haven't really seen any pictures to determine that, but I wondered if he ended up on someone's property while walking that night and they got mad and/or shot him or something. It was so late, so I can't imagine someone was wandering around on property without a house nearby, but it's possible, I guess. I feel strongly that they need to check that private property.

Praying there are answers soon. :please:

Yes there are scattered houses. And yes he may have gone onto someone's property and something happened there. I keep think about when he says "on both sides". Are we sure that's what he's saying and how does that make any sense? They need to check this new ping location before anything IMO.

IMO, LE either knows something we don't or something is fishy. If you have the means, why not use them? I understand it's private property, but why aren't they trying to find Brandon?

I had a thought this morning. Are there any houses around this location? I haven't really seen any pictures to determine that, but I wondered if he ended up on someone's property while walking that night and they got mad and/or shot him or something. It was so late, so I can't imagine someone was wandering around on property without a house nearby, but it's possible, I guess. I feel strongly that they need to check that private property.

Praying there are answers soon. :please:

I am from this area. I travel that road often and yes, there are homes close by, but they are up private roads and very far from each other. In rural Texas you can have 5-10 acre farms or 50,000-100,000+ ranches. These large ranches (and there are some in this area) may not have but one house on it. I will defend Texans. We are, most of the time, very friendly helpful people unless attacked or threatened. Then we do defend our property and family. People in rural areas are accustomed to helping stranded motorists who come for help in the middle of the night. We are leary and careful. Probably would not let them into my home, but not afraid to call someone for them. A lot of farmers and ranchers keep gas tanks on their property for tractors and farm equipment. I have know plenty who have helped a stranded motorist who ran out of gas.

I do believe these incidents are fewer than in the past since we have cell phone technology now, but "in the old days" this courtesy was extended often.

I personally do not think Brandon approached any homes. He was 3-4 miles from a 24 hour gas station. He could have easily walked that and purchased a gas can and gas. After listening to the teens 911 call in the snowstorm, I can see Brandon's call being a delusional 911 call EXCEPT for the other voice/voices on the line that says YES in response to needing an ambulance.

Unfortunately, I think BL "ran into" some bad dudes who did him in. They either left him laying where his phone last pinged, or they took him somewhere else and dumped his body. Sorry in advance if family is reading here. No disrespect intended. JMO

Yes there are scattered houses. And yes he may have gone onto someone's property and something happened there. I keep think about when he says "on both sides". Are we sure that's what he's saying and how does that make any sense? They need to check this new ping location before anything IMO.

I keep thinking about "on both sides" too, Psychic. I just can't make sense of it. The only thing I can imagine are two cars that stopped on both sides or something, but he clearly (IMO) says, "There's one car here." I'm at a loss, unfortunately.

A little off topic, but did you ever listen to the 911 recording of the couple on meth that were stuck in the snowstorm? After another member suggested it, I went and had a listen. Honestly, I was a little shocked at how calm they were during parts of the calls. I guess I imagined something totally different, but I've never been around someone on drugs, really. I just don't think Brandon was on something that night. IMO, he's very panicked and trying to get everything out very fast in order to get help there quickly.

I am from this area. I travel that road often and yes, there are homes close by, but they are up private roads and very far from each other. In rural Texas you can have 5-10 acre farms or 50,000-100,000+ ranches. These large ranches (and there are some in this area) may not have but one house on it. I will defend Texans. We are, most of the time, very friendly helpful people unless attacked or threatened. Then we do defend our property and family. People in rural areas are accustomed to helping stranded motorists who come for help in the middle of the night. We are leary and careful. Probably would not let them into my home, but not afraid to call someone for them. A lot of farmers and ranchers keep gas tanks on their property for tractors and farm equipment. I have know plenty who have helped a stranded motorist who ran out of gas.

I do believe these incidents are fewer than in the past since we have cell phone technology now, but "in the old days" this courtesy was extended often.

I personally do not think Brandon approached any homes. He was 3-4 miles from a 24 hour gas station. He could have easily walked that and purchased a gas can and gas. After listening to the teens 911 call in the snowstorm, I can see Brandon's call being a delusional 911 call EXCEPT for the other voice/voices on the line that says YES in response to needing an ambulance.

Unfortunately, I think BL "ran into" some bad dudes who did him in. They either left him laying where his phone last pinged, or they took him somewhere else and dumped his body. Sorry in advance if family is reading here. No disrespect intended. JMO

Above part BBM.

Nannymo, I hope I didn't offend you by the theory that someone could have harmed him while he was on their property. I'm from the south, so I know most people here would help someone, too. I'm just trying to think through every possibility, ya know?

Honestly, my opinion is that Brandon would have tried to walk to the gas station to at least meet Kyle there, and then hitch a ride back with him to his truck. I'm assuming he didn't just go to the gas station without calling Kyle because he didn't have a gas can. IMO, it's seeming more and more apparent that, unless he WAS on something that night, he came upon someone/people (or someone/people came upon him) and harmed him for some reason.

Why would someone delete a post from back in September unless she reads here and felt it necessary, because why? Maybe she knows more than she is saying?

The post the pregnant lady originally commented on has been removed from the actual HFBL page, it hasn't been removed from WS, as far as I know anyway. I had seen the comment the pregnant lady made a long time ago & then recently when the 911 call was released, everyone started wondering if it was the call the pregnant lady was talking about. I found the thread on this post (#54 or #57, can't remember now) & when you click the link on that post, it does take you to a status update & all the comments, which include the pregnant girls comments. But...when you just go to FB, the current page, & look back, way back, that status update & all comments are not there. Or not that I could find. Sorry for the confusion.

He says

Yes I'm in the middle of a field, a siper just perched some guys over out here going towards Abilene on both sides.

So first he is explaining his location (in a field), then it appears he is explaining the incident (or what started this) and where it occurred. Aside from the siper part the most confusing to me is "on both sides". What could be on both sides? Both sides of what?

Whatever the siper part is, it happened on both sides. And since he uses the word "just" it appears the incident just happened.

Just thinking out loud....

There's no way he's saying sniper?

Above part BBM.

Nannymo, I hope I didn't offend you by the theory that someone could have harmed him while he was on their property. I'm from the south, so I know most people here would help someone, too. I'm just trying to think through every possibility, ya know?

Honestly, my opinion is that Brandon would have tried to walk to the gas station to at least meet Kyle there, and then hitch a ride back with him to his truck. I'm assuming he didn't just go to the gas station without calling Kyle because he didn't have a gas can. IMO, it's seeming more and more apparent that, unless he WAS on something that night, he came upon someone/people (or someone/people came upon him) and harmed him for some reason.

No problem....no offense taken.

I dunno, I 'think' I hear 'south side' versus both sides. But I have constant ringing in my ears, so maybe I'm not hearing it right.

And it isn't exactly pronounced SOUTH... more like " sooo th a" or "sew tha" "sew th" ... I can't figure out how to type it...

He says

Yes I'm in the middle of a field, a siper just perched some guys over out here going towards Abilene on both sides.

So first he is explaining his location (in a field), then it appears he is explaining the incident (or what started this) and where it occurred. Aside from the siper part the most confusing to me is "on both sides". What could be on both sides? Both sides of what?

Whatever the siper part is, it happened on both sides. And since he uses the word "just" it appears the incident just happened.

Just thinking out loud....

There's no way he's saying sniper?

If you listen to the 911 version where the actual call plays first then the part about siper is repeated over and over, the first word that starts with S is two syllables. Every time I listen to it I feel like if it would keep going I would get it.

It is 911 call version IV.

The post the pregnant lady originally commented on has been removed from the actual HFBL page, it hasn't been removed from WS, as far as I know anyway. I had seen the comment the pregnant lady made a long time ago & then recently when the 911 call was released, everyone started wondering if it was the call the pregnant lady was talking about. I found the thread on this post (#54 or #57, can't remember now) & when you click the link on that post, it does take you to a status update & all the comments, which include the pregnant girls comments. But...when you just go to FB, the current page, & look back, way back, that status update & all comments are not there. Or not that I could find. Sorry for the confusion.

I found the pregnant lady's comment last night. It was there this time when I looked. I feel like FB moves things around or hides them, but it is there. I also found where the PI was trying to find the pregnant woman's name and located the pregnant woman's mother to interview her.

I think you also posted something in regards to the pregnant lady and the dates not matching up. You are right. There is no way she was pregnant at the time of this incident. The dates aren't adding up.

Updated Information from The... - The Observer/Enterprise | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise/posts/507955162619261‎
During subsequent interviews with Kyle Lawson, he revealed he had been on the ... Further investigation determined that Brandon Lawson had served stints in Texas ... According to LaDessa Lofton, the search came upon the place where it ...

i found this interesting. but later in the article it states original statements have been retracted. so which ones?

Brandon: Yes I'm in the middle of the field. A ___ just pushed some guys over. Right here at Abilene going towards {south side} . My truck ran outta gas. There's one guy here got chased into the woods. Please hurry.

911--Ok run that by me one more time.

Brandon "I'm not talking to 'em. I actually just ran into 'em"

911:Ahhh you ran into 'em? Ok.

Brandon "it's not the first time"

911: Do you need the ambulance?

Brandon: Yea...NO I need the cops!!

During subsequent interviews with Kyle Lawson, he revealed he had been on the ... Further investigation determined that Brandon Lawson had served stints in Texas ... According to LaDessa Lofton, the search came upon the place where it ...

i found this interesting. but later in the article it states original statements have been retracted. so which ones?

K and A were less than truthful with LE at first. Possibly LL too. They did not inform them that they had been on the phone with Brandon at the time Deputy Neal arrived and I'm sure there were some untruths told. Perhaps that's what the retracted statements are referring to?

So IF this is correct (who knows with all the differing stories). Then Deputy Neal was responding to a motorist/trucker? calling 911 about a stranded motorist and they did not ever respond to Brandon's 911 call. (I can't say I blame them - just trying to get clarification)

Updated Information from The Observer/Enterprise
The original call from 911 came to Coke County Sheriff’s Office at 12:58 am Friday, August 9, 2013, reporting a stranded motorist. Just after 1 am, Chief Deputy Brandon Neal arrived at disabled vehicle south of Bronte on Highway 277. Upon finding it abandoned with no keys inside, Deputy Neal turned on vehicle’s flashers and locked the vehicle.

So 911 call comes in at 12:58 am and Deputy Neal arrived onscene at 1:10 am. When did Deputy Neal drive all the way into San Angelo looking for the stranded motorist? Or did that not happen? Why was Deputy Fox also dispatched to go north on hwy 277? Didn't the 911 caller/trucker give a good description of where the vehicle was? Most truckers are pretty good at that.

But But But.....that statement doesn't jive with Brandon's 911 call! He clearly said "Please hurry!" and "No, I need the cops." So if he was hiding from the cops, while they were there, and was warned the cops were there, then ummm makes no sense! He asked for help! :tantrum:

These are the only reasons you can take money out of your 401k without leaving your job. (You can take a loan out against your 401k under certain circumstances too)

401(k): If you are younger than age 59½ and still working for the employer offering the retirement plan, the IRS only allows you to take 401(k) withdrawals in the face of an immediate and heavy financial need. That could include:

Medical expenses for you, your spouse or a dependent;
Tuition and fees for college education for you, your spouse or a dependent;
A home purchase;
To prevent foreclosure or eviction;
Repairing damage to your primary residence; or
Funeral costs.

You can also cash it in and give it up altogether. Just be prepared for large tax penalties! (My parents do tax accounting!)

I'm not feeling meth delusion at all. Maybe I don't know enough about meth? LOL I think we would have heard a bunch of nonsensical rambling in the 911 tape if that were the case. To me it sounds more like talking fast/in a panic/afraid for your life then tripping out and delusional.

I don't find it so much panicked as I do "urgent." Almost like he wanted cops to come and get whoever he was running from? From the sounds of the "yeah" maybe he caught whoever was chasing him?

Brandon's 911 call 0:50:38 So he called before the 'other call (s)'

How is Bronte pronounced? Could he have said "going towards Abilene, Bronte's side??

I am seeing this question asked on some other pages.

Why isn't Ladessa giving out the new ping location?

Seriously folks, think about that question for a moment. You don't ever ever give out that info in a missing person case. Why? The obvious is if someone did something to Brandon you don't want to tip them off to what you may know. What if someone shot Brandon and he was able to get away but eventually died out there. Do you really want to tell the killers where his body might be so they can go find it and remove/hide it? The biggest potential issue is the public going to that location and destroying possible evidence, trespassing, messing with a body etc. You don't ever give that info out.

AND this is another reason why it would be best for LE and/or a trained SAR group doing the search. Or at least training those doing the searching. It's best not to turn loose a group of helpful citizens. Evidence evidence evidence. IF there was a crime it's all about preserving any evidence. Crucial to solving any crime.

I can understand not giving it out but I would be there searching it myself if I couldn't get the police to do it. They said they did searches as recent as February? Maybe they did search the new area but are not talking? Other than the map do we know where other searches took place?

And where is Ladessa's interputation of the call? and his family's? They would know how he pronounces words and any slang he might use better than us. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen