TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Dateline comments yesterday, either LL or a close friend of hers, can't remember which, commented that BL had no money to get gas. What I don't understand is, LL commented to Josh that he had $2700 in the bank. This set off a flag for me as a contradiction. He had money in the bank, but it wasn't available. He may have tried to access the account earlier and realized it had been frozen

If he learned his account was frozen, I wonder if he panicked and thought his arrest imminent and decided to run? Only he wasn't in good enough condition to plan it properly and ran out off gas. It probably wasn't in his plan for Kyle to not have the money for gas that night.

My thoughts have changed many times. It was such a dark night. I don't think Brandon could have made it 3 miles in the time allowed considering the circumstances. Moonlight was almost zero. I don't think the conditions were right for him to text due to his condition, injury, etc. Although the texts allegedly came from his phone, I am suspicious whether he sent them or not.

I think it's very possible he went into hiding with help, but it wasn't pre-planned or at least pre-planned very well. It's possible the last phone ping came while he was being driven somewhere by someone and perhaps finally thought about shutting off the phone. Standby times of digital phones are quite long and I think it unlikely that the battery just went dead. Even if he had a smart phone with a flashlight app the power consumption by the LED isn't so much as to drain a battery in minutes. If he went into hiding it was with help, even if his "helpers" didn't know of the plan until that night. As for the 401K he may have thought he didn't have time to wait for it to arrive.

On the other hand the facts are starting to add up to completely irrational behavior. Taking off late at night, not noticing the low gas until he runs out, abandoning his vehicle, hiding out from help even though injured, and the puzzling 911 call. Unfortunately this scenario would almost certainly mean he is deceased.

The third possibility, less likely, is that he was attacked after he ran out off gas by a person or persons for some reason. Someone may have taken advantage of the situation and he ran for safety. But doesn't make as much sense as he doesn't come forward when his brother and LE arrive.

And fourth: perhaps he was abducted by aliens and he shut off his cell phone to avoid roaming charges.

Thank you for the fourth one. I totally needed that!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

At this point, the hamster running on his wheel in my head, had a stroke. :scared: I keep going round and round.

If he learned his account was frozen, I wonder if he panicked and thought his arrest imminent and decided to run? Only he wasn't in good enough condition to plan it properly and ran out off gas. It probably wasn't in his plan for Kyle to not have the money for gas that night.

Exactly, usually when you have to be up early for work on Friday morning, you don't want to get wasted, knowing you have to work in the smoldering 105 degree weather on a hot oil rig in the middle of August for 12 to 14 hours! It gets hotter than blue blazes in Texas in the summer time.

Can they freeze your bank account just because you have a warrant?

MM, is it true that LE won't approve LL bringing in a SAR group? If so, do you know why?

So LL herself said there was $2700 in the bank account but also claimed B had no money? That does make it seem like the account was frozen prior to B going missing.

Exactly, usually when you have to be up early for work on Friday morning, you don't want to get wasted, knowing you have to work in the smoldering 105 degree weather on a hot oil rig in the middle of August for 12 to 14 hours! It gets hotter than blue blazes in Texas in the summer time.

Another thing that keeps me wondering is that LL has said that BL was headed to his parents house. Wasn't that pretty far away? I can't recall, but on LL's comment to Josh with Dateline, she was trying to explain to him that her husband wouldn't run, because he knew he had to be at work the next morning. That would be Friday morning. Is it possible to drive to his parents house and back to work if he left at midnight? Any thoughts?

I can vouch for that. I spent a month in Killeen and I thought I was gonna die! We only went out either very early morning or late evening. Ugg way too hot!

So LL herself said there was $2700 in the bank account but also claimed B had no money? That does make it seem like the account was frozen prior to B going missing.

I will have to do my research but in her pleas to get Josh to take the case I know she said there was $2700 in his account, but I do not know for fact she said he had no money for gas that, but in my mind of thoughts it was her or her close friend who were throwing information out there.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who deposited a check for around $1000 in one of our country's larger banks. He deposited it Friday afternoon. The amount showed up in an ATM balance inquiry, but it wasn't actually available until the next business day, Monday at midnight. Yeah, he argued that it was technically two business days as you couldn't have any of the money until 12:01 a.m. Tuesday. It was a long weekend.

This is entirely speculation so no one quote this as what happened, but: What if the money in his account was deposited late Thursday and Brandon got a balance which showed the amount, but he couldn't access it and, perhaps not in his best thinking condition, thought his account was frozen?

Can they freeze your bank account just because you have a warrant?

A bondsman definitely can. Especially if you fail to appear for your court date 8 times after arraignment! The bondsman can presume you jumped bail and request the court to take action. BL has a $50k bond.

MM, is it true that LE won't approve LL bringing in a SAR group? If so, do you know why?

No, that is not true. An SAR group contacted SO and asked to do a search. They were a very reputable SAR team and SO agreed to another search with their team. They told SO they would start the process and call back, but they never did. That was at least a month or two back.

MM can you tells us if it is true that LL illegally released the 911 call?

Has anyone's thoughts changed about what happened to B? My #1 thought is he is deceased but #2 choice is in hiding and running from the warrant AND it's a close second IMO. I can't see any logical way that this was pre-planned to disappear. He would have cleaned out his bank account and waited for the 401K check if that were the case IMO. I also think that if he is alive and hiding I don't think LL is aware or involved. If he were hiding with her knowledge would she be trying to get his face all over the media? No, it makes no sense. I don't think LL has been completely honest but I also believe that she believes B is deceased.

I really appreciate MM coming here and clearing up so much that was unclear or simply not true.

No sir my thinking hasn't changed. Got a little message this morning that just knocked my socks off. So I'm still stuck with my gut feeling.

And yes I also appreciate MM coming on talking. Thank you

And I will quit calling MM sheriffs wife but I did know her name. Sorry

Another thing that keeps me wondering is that LL has said that BL was headed to his parents house. Wasn't that pretty far away? I can't recall, but on LL's comment to Josh with Dateline, she was trying to explain to him that her husband wouldn't run, because he knew he had to be at work the next morning. That would be Friday morning. Is it possible to drive to his parents house and back to work if he left at midnight? Any thoughts?

I'm thinking drive time is at least 4 to 5 hours one way. I'm not a 100% sure where they live, ft. Worth area, I'm 3 hours to ft worth and 1.5 to San Angelo.

The thing is, B could have come out of the bushes after the Deputy left. Dep Neal wasn't there long so probably gone by 1:30 am or so. I've always been bothered by K getting gas at 7 am the next morning and have wondered if he might have taken B somewhere and got gas at Stripes on the way back home just to make it look like he did-part of the cover up. That part of the story has always bothered me.

How long would it take to drive to B's parents and back? K and A and B's family are just a little too quiet for people whose son/brother is missing and possibly dead. It bothers me.

The thing is, B could have come out of the bushes after the Deputy left. Dep Neal wasn't there long so probably gone by 1:30 am or so. I've always been bothered by K getting gas at 7 am the next morning and have wondered if he might have taken B somewhere and got gas at Stripes on the way back home just to make it look like he did-part of the cover up. That part of the story has always bothered me.

How long would it take to drive to B's parents and back? K and A and B's family are just a little too quiet for people whose son/brother is missing and possibly dead. It bothers me.

Great minds think alike....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member