TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason it really bothers me that everyone just assumes LL is B's common law wife. B was sent to jail 11/13/2008 COUNTS 1 & 2 - 18 MONTHS STATE JAIL; CREDIT FOR 129 DAYS and released 7/20/2010 best I can tell. Again, if LL filed head of household or single during this time on her taxes or any time during their relationship they are not automatically considered common law married. You cannot claim head of household on your taxes (which is disallowed in common law marriages) then later claim common law marriage. If she got public assistance claiming she was single it would be the same. I saw someone say you only have to live together for 5 years in TX to be common law and this is simply not true. There is much more that goes into determining common law marriage.

From Johnson County records, B then got arrested again on 6/1/2011 and released on a $50k bond and according to records, has failed to appear at every pre-trial hearing since the indictment/arraignment.

You can't tell me that B and LL didn't know about the above. He's been arrested before, so he/they know how it works. It looks like on his charges 6/7/2005 a bench warrant had to be issued too. He was given a suspended 24 month sentence with 5 years probation, 180 days DL suspension and court ordered drug treatment program. BUT he was arrested again on 5/6/2008 and it looks like they combined the 2 charges and gave him jail time.

I'm not pointing this out to make B look bad. Yes he had some issues. Yes he still needs to found. BUT LL is not telling the truth. And this bugs me.

For some reason it really bothers me that everyone just assumes LL is B's common law wife. B was sent to jail 11/13/2008 COUNTS 1 & 2 - 18 MONTHS STATE JAIL; CREDIT FOR 129 DAYS and released 7/20/2010 best I can tell. Again, if LL filed head of household or single during this time on her taxes or any time during their relationship they are not automatically considered common law married. You cannot claim head of household on your taxes (which is disallowed in common law marriages) then later claim common law marriage. If she got public assistance claiming she was single it would be the same. I saw someone say you only have to live together for 5 years in TX to be common law and this is simply not true. There is much more that goes into determining common law marriage.

From Johnson County records, B then got arrested again on 6/1/2011 and released on a $50k bond and according to records, has failed to appear at every pre-trial hearing since the indictment/arraignment.

You can't tell me that B and LL didn't know about the above. He's been arrested before, so he/they know how it works. It looks like on his charges 6/7/2005 a bench warrant had to be issued too. He was given a suspended 24 month sentence with 5 years probation, 180 days DL suspension and court ordered drug treatment program. BUT he was arrested again on 5/6/2008 and it looks like they combined the 2 charges and gave him jail time.

I'm not pointing this out to make B look bad. Yes he had some issues. Yes he still needs to found. BUT LL is not telling the truth. And this bugs me.

Correct me if I'm wrong didn't he do another 22 months in there. I do not know how to properly read all that but I did see 22 months on 8/18/2011 with credit of 535 days waiting on a bed. (I think).
I do not understand how to read that, I tried real hard too.

Correct me if I'm wrong didn't he do another 22 months in there. I do not know how to properly read all that but I did see 22 months on 8/18/2011 with credit of 535 days waiting on a bed. (I think).
I do not understand how to read that, I tried real hard too.

I saw that too. It is confusing. I think it was 53 days credit not 535. :) It's confusing because it looks like they combined the two charges from 2005 and 2008 since he was on probation on a suspended sentence for the 2005 charges when he was arrested in 2008. When you are on probation you cannot get into any trouble or you have to do your original sentence. It looks like he did a jury trial on the 2008 charges and was found guilty.

Any legal experts around? LOL It's really long with lots of abbreviations and such. Regardless my point is that LL has been less than honest. We know that B did time in the past and we know he has a current warrant. He still deserves to be found of course. But if LL isn't going to be honest then who is going to want to help her? Is it true that she's continuing to turn down offers to help and media attempts to contact her?

I re-read the 22 month sentence and it was 535 days served and I think this was his release from jail?

I'm trying to figure out if he turned himself in on the previous warrant or was picked up? It is relevant to me in that I want to know if he has a history of running on warrants. It's hard to tell from what I'm looking at. I think it's a pretty definite that he was looking at jail time again. How much jail time is anyone's guess. But was it so much that he would go on the run and leave LL and kids behind? This is still a possibility in my mind.

I re-read the 22 month sentence and it was 535 days served and I think this was his release from jail?

I'm trying to figure out if he turned himself in on the previous warrant or was picked up? It is relevant to me in that I want to know if he has a history of running on warrants. It's hard to tell from what I'm looking at. I think it's a pretty definite that he was looking at jail time again. How much jail time is anyone's guess. But was it so much that he would go on the run and leave LL and kids behind? This is still a possibility in my mind.

Well we do have the 3rd strike law. But I don't think he would have gotten life.
I feel like he would have gotten 10-15 and done about 4-9 give or take. I really don't know. Defiantly not a simple walk thru like Ladessa was talking about on blog radio.
My next question is on the $50,000 bail if he missed court on this who ever help and signed the bail with him at the bailbond place is now owing the $50,000 correct.

With bail it is my understanding that someone has to put up 10% so that would be $5000 that someone had to come out of pocket with (or equal value property-like a car note or home deed). When he doesn't show up for court the bondsman has to pay the court the amount of the bail. No doubt he is looking for B and I believe he has a certain amount of time to bring B in before he loses that $$.

I think B was looking at a good deal of time behind bars and that certainly might make him run.

What ever happened to the friend that he supposedly called from Walmart saying he was being chased? What ever happened to K's oilfield coworkers who came out to help him look for B that night?

There are tons of oilfield jobs across the US and not just in TX. They are known to hire felons and obviously his job didn't check for warrants. I doubt other oilfield employers would either. How hard would it be for him to go on the run and get another job in the oilfield?

And another thing...LL considers herself B's common law wife but did B feel the same? I noticed on their FB pages they don't list themselves as being married to the other.

That's another requirement for determining common law marriage. You must tell everyone you are married and talk as if you are married. So why aren't they listed that way on FB?

For all we know, B was done with LL and decided to run. He may have loved his kids but if he was facing a good amount of years behind bars he was going to miss out on much of their lives anyways. The first charge was possession of a controlled substance. The second charge was delivery of marijuana and this latest charge was delivery of a controlled substance. It was not going to be a quick walk through and get off type of deal.

Psychic Sleuth I am with you! It must be very easy for people to work in the fields and construction jobs alike. That is why we have such a a huge problem with immigrants. They DO make money and they DO go undetected.

Plus most illegal immigrants know a guy who can get them a SS# Driver's licence and a whole new identity. Brandon would just have to grow a beard and have a new hairstyle and would look like every Joe Schmo in Texas.

I was thinking maybe he told his parents that he was running away and not LL because he didn't trust her to keep her mouth shut. You know the whole 'woman scorned' thing. His parents surely do not seem to be frantically searching for their son. If it was my kid I would quit my job and spent every hour of every day looking for him.

Texas 3 strikes law/Habitual offender

§ 12.42. PENALTIES FOR REPEAT AND HABITUAL FELONY OFFENDERS.
(d) Except as provided by Subsection (c)(2), if it is shown on the trial of a felony offense other than a state jail felony punishable under Section 12.35(a) that the defendant has previously been finally convicted of two felony offenses, and the second previous felony conviction is for an offense that occurred subsequent to the first previous conviction having become final, on conviction he shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life, or for any term of not more than 99 years or less than 25 years.

(I'm not sure if his priors would qualify as state jail felonies?)

ETA: I looked and it looks like his charges were a state jail felony so therefore the habitual offender/3 strike law would not apply.

With bail it is my understanding that someone has to put up 10% so that would be $5000 that someone had to come out of pocket with (or equal value property-like a car note or home deed). When he doesn't show up for court the bondsman has to pay the court the amount of the bail. No doubt he is looking for B and I believe he has a certain amount of time to bring B in before he loses that $$.

I think B was looking at a good deal of time behind bars and that certainly might make him run.

What ever happened to the friend that he supposedly called from Walmart saying he was being chased? What ever happened to K's oilfield coworkers who came out to help him look for B that night?

There are tons of oilfield jobs across the US and not just in TX. They are known to hire felons and obviously his job didn't check for warrants. I doubt other oilfield employers would either. How hard would it be for him to go on the run and get another job in the oilfield?
Ok now I understand some of the bail and bailbond stuff.
Never have seen anything about the other oilfield guys helping search except what Ladessa has said surely one of them or their girlfriends or their wives would have said something somewhere along the way. Jmo
We are oilfield and yes all the oilfield companies that my husband has worked for has done back ground checks and drug tests regularly. With that being said I'm am sure not all do, but OSHA is cracking down and making it hard for those guys to operate.

And another thing...LL considers herself B's common law wife but did B feel the same? I noticed on their FB pages they don't list themselves as being married to the other.

That's another requirement for determining common law marriage. You must tell everyone you are married and talk as if you are married. So why aren't they listed that way on FB?

For all we know, B was done with LL and decided to run. He may have loved his kids but if he was facing a good amount of years behind bars he was going to miss out on much of their lives anyways. The first charge was possession of a controlled substance. The second charge was delivery of marijuana and this latest charge was delivery of a controlled substance. It was not going to be a quick walk through and get off type of deal.
True Brandon may have been heading out the door for good. Called his dad and told his what his plans were (jmo).
The one of the first things in determining common law marriages is bank accounts, tax returns, etc. If no tax return of them together and he is found deceased. His parents are his next of kin. Then the next thing is bulk of his estate goes to his oldest child like his social security, the 401k, etc. ( that is just my opinion and past knowledge)

Most oilfield companies will run a background, not sure if they check for warrants though. I know most companies will only look for convictions like DWI/DUI because those are the convictions that will keep them from being uninsurable as drivers on company insurance policies. But there are also TONS of jobs that don't require driving, they require you pass your initial drug test, show up & work. My BIL has had more than his share of dealings with the law, jail, prison etc but it has not prevented him from ever getting a job.

Also I've read that LL checks BL's credit report regularly, is that legal? I know when I've checked mine & my husbands there is a disclaimer that you have to check mark the box agreeing that you are the person you are requesting the credit history on, have their permission etc or something to that effect. IMO she isn't his wife & doesn't have his permission, seeing how he's not around to give it. At this point not even a bill/debt collector would talk to her regarding debts because she isn't legally his wife.

With everything we know, its evident these are not upstanding law abiding citizens, therefore IMO I'd bet the bank she has always filed single/head of household on her taxes.

With as many people the town I live in, in Odessa, that have come here to work, it would be very hard for him to be detected visually here, we've gained 30k plus new people to this area due to jobs, so he could blend in very easily. Just MOO.

Here is a taped TV interview. Not sure if it's been posted before. It shows searchers walking where BL went missing and a video interview of Sheriff McCutchen, LL and KL on the Video.

http://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com...san-angelo-man/d/story/vhLztkQnr0GqE1VbMakSSw

Thanks I hadn't seen this! It even talks about his warrant and 2011 charges for delivery of a controlled substance.

I do believe that LL believes he's out there deceased somewhere. For me, I'm about 50/50 now.

IIRC she said the new ping was within 2 yards accurate and I've never heard of that with a ping before. Even with triangulation. If that ping was from the 1:18 text how could B have been 3 miles away at that time? Why did he tell K he was 10 minutes up the road? Was he talking drive time or walk time or was he so out of it he didn't know what he was talking about?

Most oilfield companies will run a background, not sure if they check for warrants though. I know most companies will only look for convictions like DWI/DUI because those are the convictions that will keep them from being uninsurable as drivers on company insurance policies. But there are also TONS of jobs that don't require driving, they require you pass your initial drug test, show up & work. My BIL has had more than his share of dealings with the law, jail, prison etc but it has not prevented him from ever getting a job.

Also I've read that LL checks BL's credit report regularly, is that legal? I know when I've checked mine & my husbands there is a disclaimer that you have to check mark the box agreeing that you are the person you are requesting the credit history on, have their permission etc or something to that effect. IMO she isn't his wife & doesn't have his permission, seeing how he's not around to give it. At this point not even a bill/debt collector would talk to her regarding debts because she isn't legally his wife.

With everything we know, its evident these are not upstanding law abiding citizens, therefore IMO I'd bet the bank she has always filed single/head of household on her taxes.

With as many people the town I live in, in Odessa, that have come here to work, it would be very hard for him to be detected visually here, we've gained 30k plus new people to this area due to jobs, so he could blend in very easily. Just MOO.

Thank you! Checking his credit report would be illegal. She may THINK she's his common law wife, but according to the law I doubt she is. If there were no warrant B would be free to do whatever he so chooses even if that included leaving her and the kids. She has no right to invade his privacy. As far as child support goes, she would have to go through the proper legal channels to try to obtain it. EVEN if she believes he's deceased, it's still illegal IMO.

Just catching up on some reading and on Friday Ladessa went to a medium. Didn't find out anything except things except things that Brandon knows and he really wants her to find him. Just thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129