TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he's deceased. I'm so glad to see enough people on here care that we're on a third thread. I wish this case would get more traction in MSM...

Deceased. :(

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

Respectfully snipped:
.....the beloved MOO cow(my opinion only).

MOO :moo:

I, too, had wondered about "MOO". I was guessing it wasn't something bovine related, though. LOL!

How was Brandon made aware of the old warrant from Johnson County? I can't seem to get a "reputable" answer to that question.

How was Brandon made aware of the old warrant from Johnson County? I can't seem to get a "reputable" answer to that question.

Although it is rumor of course, I remember seeing a comment on HFBL page he was in the process of buying a truck and he was informed of the warrant at that time.

IMO he knew way before that. On Johnson County's public page his trial dates are listed. He missed 8 prior dates just for the October 2012 charge. His bail was stopped on 7/25/13 and the bondsman was responsible for the entire $50k for his failure to appear on that date.

All of this is public record, but the opinions are mine.

Although it is rumor of course, I remember seeing a comment on HFBL page he was in the process of buying a truck and he was informed of the warrant at that time.

IMO he knew way before that. On Johnson County's public page his trial dates are listed. He missed 8 prior dates just for the October 2012 charge. His bail was stopped on 7/25/13 and the bondsman was responsible for the entire $50k for his failure to appear on that date.

Well if that doesn't point to a reason to run away from the law, I don't know what does. I am beginning to think more and more this was a clever rouse to confuse LE.

I am not too familiar with BOND technicalities but I'm going to assume that Bondsman like to keep tight tabs on the people they pay for. Like, I assume weekly calls, welfare checks, etc. Anyone with an IQ over 70 should know very well their court date and charges and consequences of not showing up.

IMHO Brandon ran, rather than go to jail for 20 years. He had nothing to lose. He would have already lost his family in jail. Why not lost them and be free (sort of).

If the parents knew his plan, that would explain them not frantically looking for him.

In my mind this case is closed! I solved it. :seeya:

Well if that doesn't point to a reason to run away from the law, I don't know what does. I am beginning to think more and more this was a clever rouse to confuse LE.

I am not too familiar with BOND technicalities but I'm going to assume that Bondsman like to keep tight tabs on the people they pay for. Like, I assume weekly calls, welfare checks, etc. Anyone with an IQ over 70 should know very well their court date and charges and consequences of not showing up.

IMHO Brandon ran, rather than go to jail for 20 years. He had nothing to lose. He would have already lost his family in jail. Why not lost them and be free (sort of).

If the parents knew his plan, that would explain them not frantically looking for him.

And this is precisely why IMO the running theory is not far fetched. I don't know if anything was pre-planned but I certainly think the events of the night could have taken this direction. K and A withheld information about B that night to protect him against going to jail. How far would they go to do so?

I'm really stuck on the new phone ping area though. I'm not sure exactly where it pinged but 3 miles out is a long ways and how did the phone ping that area?

People say B wouldn't leave his family like that, but if B got picked up on the warrant he was leaving his family for a long time IMO. Food for thought...

I speculate as to whether or not B's bank account was frozen PRIOR to him going missing and perhaps the reason for him getting a new job was because he knew that the bondsman and/or Johnson County had found him.

MM said that Coke County LE/Texas Rangers did not freeze his account. IIRC she said they had no reason to do so. They would probably be monitoring it for activity but that's about it.

So who froze it, when and why? This is very relevant to the timing of when he went missing IMO. I have considered that this was all pre-planned but IMO it's unlikely given his condition that night. I think it's possible that the new job was part of the plan to stay on the run. For LL to claim they weren't aware of the warrant until B went to register the truck is ridiculous IMO. How could he be arrested again and not know there would be a hearing on it and likely more jail time. He knew the ropes and so did she. And no an indictment does not always equal conviction, but he had priors and if he was innocent he would have showed up to his arraignment.

Right now my biggest questions are:

How did the phone ping where it did-3 miles from the truck location.

Nagging at my gut STILL is why did K not put gas in the truck until 7 am?

Did LE talk to the coworkers that supposedly came to help search until 4:30 am?

Who was with K and A at the truck that night? Did Deputy Neal see or talk to this person?

Where are K and A now and why are they so quiet in all of this?

Is there any way to find out if that $50,000 tab has been paid by the bondsman? I have no idea how that works but I have variously wondered if any of this had to do with a seedy bounty hunter.

In studying the maps and taking into consideration the terrain and B's condition I have come to the conclusion that if the new ping data is correct there is no way B made it there on foot in the amount of time he had. It would have had to be by vehicle. I don't know the exact ping location but if it's to the NE E or SE is the area accessible by vehicle off Hwy 158? To get to the 3 mile distance around Hwy 158 there are some roads there. I know MM said it would take 45 minutes or so by vehicle but lets say B got a ride immediately after he ran out of gas at approximately 12:30 or even a bit earlier. The last text ping was at 1:18. He told the dispatcher he was in a field at 12:53. Is it possible to get near the ping location in about a half hour or so by vehicle? The new ping data could be off by up to 3/4 of a mile in any direction if triangulation was used IF what I'm reading is correct. I did map the miles/time it would take to get from the truck location to Hwy 158 at Cervenka Rd just to get an estimate and it's only a 6 minute drive.

** Cervenka Rd has nothing to do with anything from my knowledge, I was just guesstimating a road about 3 miles away where a vehicle could drive to. Most of the roads out there look to be dirt roads. I'm curious which ones are open and which are gated. MM do you know? And importantly is the new ping area accessible by an open/ungated road? What if the ping data is off by 3/4 of a mile and B was taken there by vehicle?

What did B say to the neighbor/friend he called that night? The one where B said he was being chased from Walmart and what did the friend do?

How does bail work in Texas?

http://www.dallasbailbond.com/bail-bonds/

After this procedure is completed, the bail agent will post a bond for the full bail amount, financially guaranteeing the defendant’s return to court as scheduled.

With money on the line, the bail agent has a financial interest in supervising bailees and ensuring that they appear in court each and every time the court orders them to appear. If the defendant does not appear in court (skips), the bail agent has time and the financial incentive to find the defendant and bring him/her to court.

$50,000 would be much more important to a bondsman then a dead B. They are in the business of issuing bonds and people do skip out so revenge and wanting someone dead for skipping out is far fetched IMO. A dead B will not get him his 50k back. If he found him he would turn him in.

Someone had to put up 10% to the bondsman ($5000) and most likely the bondsman would have asked for some type of collateral such as a home deed or something with a large value. IF he can't find B he can always go after the person that put up the 10% and collateral.

Is there any way to find out if that $50,000 tab has been paid by the bondsman? I have no idea how that works but I have variously wondered if any of this had to do with a seedy bounty hunter.

I know from past experience, in the county I live in, when a bail bondsman bails someone outta jail, they require you to check in weekly, either by phone or in person . The bond company will also contact the person 1-2 days prior to court dates to "remind" & confirm the person will be in court & require person to physically check in prior to going to court house for said court time. So IMO there would have been NO way BL wasn't aware he had jumped bond. He would have known he didn't check in as required & he didn't show up for his court date so one would have to assume if you fail to appear to any set court date a warrant will be issued & bond company will then start the search. I believe there is a 10 day grace period for bond company to find the person before the bond company would forfeit the money they put up. This is MOO & only what I was told from past experience dealing with a bail bonds man.

I know from past experience, in the county I live in, when a bail bondsman bails someone outta jail, they require you to check in weekly, either by phone or in person . The bond company will also contact the person 1-2 days prior to court dates to "remind" & confirm the person will be in court & require person to physically check in prior to going to court house for said court time. So IMO there would have been NO way BL wasn't aware he had jumped bond. He would have known he didn't check in as required & he didn't show up for his court date so one would have to assume if you fail to appear to any set court date a warrant will be issued & bond company will then start the search. I believe there is a 10 day grace period for bond company to find the person before the bond company would forfeit the money they put up. This is MOO & only what I was told from past experience dealing with a bail bonds man.

Do you know what happens if the bondsman is able to find him after the 10 day grace period? Can he get his bond back at any time should he bring the defendant in?

Do you know what happens if the bondsman is able to find him after the 10 day grace period? Can he get his bond back at any time should he bring the defendant in?

That I do not know. IMO, but not certain, I would think the "skip chaser" would benefit if person is brought in, even after the grace period had passed, but like I said, I honestly don't know. With my personal dealings with a bail company, it was my son & I MADE darn sure he was available for any & all requests & check ins as MY name was on the line as well because I was the one who contacted the bail bond company & I was the one who requested their help & filled out paperwork. From my understanding it was similar to co-signing on a loan, if my son failed to check in weekly, skipped out, or failed to appear, I then would be the responsible party to make good on the bond. Since my son met all the requirements, thank God, I never had to find out the specifics of NOT meeting said requirements. My son's case was eventually dismissed.
This is MY experience & my opinions only.

Is there a way to find out what bond company signed off on his bond?

Is there a way to find out what bond company signed off on his bond?

There's no bond details and I don't know if we'd be allowed to share that info here even if there were.

This is from the Johnson County records

09/27/2012 INDICTMENT 1
09/28/2012 PRECEPT / CAPIAS (SLV)

"A bench warrant, sometimes also called a "writ of capias" or "capias," is a variant of the arrest warrant. A bench warrant usually commands the arrest of someone for failing to show for a required court appearance."

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/s...g-brandon-lawson/20711/dTBqdxlR4kKTnl3rOGb9tg

I think this has been posted before but I was wondering the last time B's family (parents, grandparents) were involved in looking for him and it is mentioned here.

I've seen very few fliers on family FB pages. around November 17, 2013, but that's about it. For the most part there will be some I miss you BL" to "wish I could hug you" type stuff posted.

I try to imagine one of my family members in this situation, IMO, not sure I'd be up to partying and going out 3 months into the tragic loss or not, but we all grieve differently.

JMO.

:wave: guys,

We need to refer to members by their user names and not RL initials or names.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member