TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I read this entire thread last night at work and wasn't able to listen to the recording. I just copied the 911 recording into my own audio editing software, and I'm hearing some completely different things from what everyone has posted so far... this is very preliminary, but here's what I notice right off the bat. I'm going to try to isolate his voice's frequencies, and filter out more of the operator... although I'm not sure how that will work as her signal is slightly wider in bandwidth... but I digress. Here's what I'm hearing with fresh ears...

First of all, this is probably nothing, so let me just get it out of the way. Is that tone at the beginning of the recording from the 911 dispatchers phone system? I was assuming it is because of the timing and how clear it sounds, but I've never heard that type of tone on a 911 call before, and I've never heard it on any other type of phone system I've worked on. I know this is far fetched, and I'm probably way off base, but it sounds a lot like a car door chime. The chime seems to cut in abruptly along with a loud rustling sound before the dispatcher says anything, is it possible he was actually in or near a car with an open door at the beginning of the call? Again, I'm probably way off base, but that's the first thing that caught my ear...

Secondly, the part that everyone is hearing as "a cipher just pushed some guys over" or something like that... to my ear, I can't help but wonder if he's rattling off an intersection of some sort. I've slowed it way down and it sounds like he is saying "I'm in the middle of the field AT _____ & _____..." I wonder if there are any intersections nearby with street names that sound like "cipher just pushed some guys over"... again, this is probably way off too, but it's what my ear is hearing... and it would make a lot more sense than a "cipher pushed some guys over".

Also, the part where everyone hears "I tried to run into him" or "accidentally ran into him"... I hear nothing like that. When slowed down considerably it sounds A LOT like he's saying "a 5, 10 year, and 8 year old". I have no idea the age of his kids, or why he would mention that. But I think when she says "ahh you ran into him, ok" she is misdirecting everyone's ears, I don't think he said anything to the effect of "I ran into him"... if you listen to the last syllable of what he says there, there is a definite "uld" or "ald" sound... not an M or N sound.

Finally, the part of other people's analysis that I find the most confusing is that they think there is a different voice saying "yeah" before he says "no I need the cops"... first of all, if someone was there with him and responded "yeah", the only way they could have possibly known to respond would be if he had his phone on speaker... and while that is possible, it doesn't seem likely if he was trying to hide. I think it's most likely he started to answer "yeah", and then corrected himself and said no I need the cops.....

I'm going to go over this some more later after I get some more sleep, but tell me what you think. Maybe my analysis will give someone a new idea, if you want to hear my slowed down and filtered version of the audio, I will gladly provide it. I plan on doing a lot more research on this case later. I think there is more evidence here than we realize, we're just letting our ears and the 911 operators responses trick us...

Ok, I'm sorry. I just want to add a few more observations. I believe that there is a digital edit that was made between the point where he says "I'm in the middle of THE field" and the part people are identifying as "cipher just pulled some guys over". I might add, it sounds pretty clear to me that he says "I'm in the middle of THE field..." not "I'm in the middle of A field"... suggesting that whoever edited the clip must have cut out some sort of identifying attribute associated with the field. You wouldn't say, "I'm in the middle of THE field and such and such is going on" without clarifying what "THE FIELD" is. After listening over and over, it's pretty obvious that the flow of his voice here is not natural and has been chopped. I believe he originally said something to the effect of, "I'm in the middle of the field at ____" and then after giving some sort of landmark or intersection... that was followed with the part about somebody getting pulled over. I would bet money that there is a edit point right there, it's the only thing that explains the syntax of what he said. Also, I don't think he sounds high, I think the recording sounds time compressed and edited. To be honest, he doesn't even sound as scared as he does excited. Even when he says please hurry, he sounds more excited than frightened. And then immediately after saying please hurry, he says "got the first guy" in an almost celebratory or excited tone. WTF?

Wow thanks for the insight. Several have said they thought the call was altered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Others such as the Dateline reporter stated that he too heard him reference a child, I don't remember the exact age he thought he heard. So maybe you're on to something there. I think I kept hearing what everyone else thought they were hearing. I need to go back & listen again since its been about a year since I've listened to it.
Thanks & keep us posted!!!

Ok, I just had a nice long nap and woke up and listened to it another couple hundred times. After more consideration I want to retract a lot of what I said last time. It's amazing how different things sound just a few hours later. I can't believe I thought that chime was a door chime. I'm stupid. Now that I'm listening to it with a clear head, I'm pretty sure that's the stock Windows chime... Anyway here's what I'm hearing now.

Yes, I'm in the middle of the field... *possible edit point*... A ?????? just pushed and got over.
We're out here going towards Abiline on both sides
My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here. Gotta take *pause or edit point* to the woods. Please hurry.
And we're not talking to 'em. Ha, I totally ran into 'em
Got (shot?) the first guy...

Last time I didn't hear "I totally ran into 'em" this time I do, and I don't hear what I heard last time. Also, I didn't believe that there was someone else on the recording with him. Now I'm not sure. When the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance, Brandon is talking at the same time as the operator. It sounds like the person in the background is almost laughing as they say "yeah", possibly in response to whatever Brandon just said while the operator was talking. And then with a fresh breath of air Brandon says "No I need the cops"

In the 911 recording, the scenario he is describing seems crystal clear to me. He's calling from the middle of a field. He was driving down the road when another vehicle chased him and tried to push him off the road. At some point during the chase his truck runs out of gas. The car that was chasing him, and possibly another one is on the scene with him, so he has decided to run towards a wooded area.

To me there are only two possibilities. Either the call was a hoax, or whoever was chasing him caught up to him and he's dead. The part that blows my mind is the supposed other voice, is it his brother? The voice is near the phone and doesn't sound angry or threatening. If it isn't Brandon's voice, why would someone else be out there in the field standing next to Brandon while he made that distress call? Perhaps it was someone he thought was an ally, and they weren't. It just gets weirder.

Snipped by me for spacing.

The part that blows my mind is the supposed other voice, is it his brother? The voice is near the phone and doesn't sound angry or threatening. If it isn't Brandon's voice, why would someone else be out there in the field standing next to Brandon while he made that distress call? Perhaps it was someone he thought was an ally, and they weren't. It just gets weirder.

Now, you know what, when, why, where, who we have ALL be asking on this thread to just a few of these questions...
A pair of fresh eyes and ears is what we need :D Welcome aboard to this confuzzling case.

In the 911 call Brandon says something about "I've got one of um here" . I think he actually turned and caught one of the guys chasing him and is sitting on him. Brandon sounds out of breath. I believe that is the guy who says "yes" to the ambulance. His voice sounds as if he can't breath good. I also think Brandon did not hang up the phone but instead the 911 operator hung up on him. I believe he heard the other guy coming and was being quiet, the 911 operator hung up and we didn't hear the remaining call. That is when the other guy chasing Brandon caught him and I will leave the rest to your imagination. Of course this is all my opinion and just what I have deemed from the 911 call myself.

Funny, when I listened to it, I took from it that his truck had run out of gas and he was pushing it in the dark. At some point, he arrived at a point where others were already there doing something - which to me sounded like "pushing cows over" on both sides of the road - and he bumped their vehicle with his. From there, he was chased from the highway and into a field where he was hiding and making the call. I definitely heard another voice say yeah, but I got the impression that person was actually responding to yet another person, whom we did not hear. That THE OTHER voice sounded like it was chuckling made me think he had a friend or friends in the truck with him and they all ran. But that's just me trying to make sense of things.

He then remained hidden for some reason when police arrived along with his brother. I felt this was because police couldn't be trusted.... And my gut told me they (LE) were who was chasing him earlier.

The bottom line to me is, he came upon something he shouldn't have seen, and it cost him his life. Was it a crime in progress against a family with children, cow tippers or cattle thieves, or LE personnel doing something like a drug deal or some other crime? I don't think we'll ever know. ESPECIALLY if the tape was edited.

I think I will re-listen too.

The thing that I don't understand is, if "got the first guy" means he tackled one of the people chasing him, then why isn't there more of a commotion on the 911 tape? I would think if he caught anybody out there, they wouldn't remain silent for the 911 tape only to say "yeah" at the end. I think the fact that he says "We're not talking to 'em" implies that he and whoever he is with aren't talking to the bad guys who are chasing them, which means the other person is with him voluntarily. I might be wrong, that's just the way it sounds to me.

Another part that seems to contradict itself is, at one point it sounds like he ran out of gas trying to elude someone, yet when he called his brother to tell him he ran out of gas, he didn't express any emergency at that point... and he also never mentioned to anyone that he had someone with him. My gut tells me that his brother might have been out there with him. Why was Brandon talking to his brother's girlfriend instead of talking to his brother directly? If his brother was on the scene with him, that would make sense.

Also, I don't feel like he was pushing his truck. IIRC he was at least a few miles from a gas station. If you've ever tried to push a car or truck by yourself... it is very slow, and very painful, and I'm in pretty good shape. I once tried to push my Toyota Camry 10 blocks by myself and it took an hour and a break to breathe and rest my feet. If he started pushing from the time he called his brother to ask for gas, I can't imagine he went anymore than a quarter mile before the 911 call. That means he wouldn't have gone very far before meeting the trouble.

Now this is just my own opinion, but I feel there is a strong possibility Brandon was truly running FROM someone when he left San Angelo. Early on we heard rumors about an argument in the parking lot of Walmart, but those are just rumors. IF those rumors are true.....I think it is possible he took off out of San Angelo to get away from the arguing party and they were possibly chasing him. He ran out of gas and called Ladessa and his brother. While waiting for his brother he "ran into" the guys he originally was arguing with because they caught up with him at this point and they "chased him into the woods".

The other scenario I think could have been Brandon was headed to Bronte for a drug deal and ran out of gas. They came to him and the deal went bad and they "chased him into the woods".

Whatever happened, I think it led to Brandon's death and he is no longer with us. They either took him off with them, or they just haven't found him yet, but unfortunately, I don't think Brandon is still alive. I do believe the family knows more than they are telling, but that is ok too because there is no reason for me to know what happened because I don't think it will find Brandon and it could compromise an investigation. I do not feel family was involved and I don't think his brother was with him that night at all.

Again, just my opinions....

Is there an edit point immediately after the operator says, "911 Emergency"? Every single 911 call I've ever listened to starts with the operator asking a litany of questions. I know this tape is only a partial tape, but it didn't seem like there was a cut point right there.

I think there are several edit points. Someone even suggested that this clip might be a composite of two different calls. It makes me wonder why they edited it. Do the police think the call is fake? I can only think of two reasons for them to edit it. Either the police were somehow complicit and are covering something up, or they believe the call is fake and he is alive and in hiding. Why would they edit the tape otherwise? What information could he possibly give on the tape that would hinder the investigation if it got out? That part really doesn't make sense, but as everyone has been saying, there is almost no single detail that makes sense.

Well if it's a cover up, no matter who tries to get a copy will get the edited version. Even if there isn't a cover up but it's not like they just give copies out anyway.
I thought then and I still think to this day Brandon is saying ''trooper''. But that's MOO. Until someone talks I don't think anyone is going to know, even if his remains were found tomorrow, there won't be answers per say.

Praying daily for answers that will bring Brandon home [emoji22]

I think there are several edit points. Someone even suggested that this clip might be a composite of two different calls. It makes me wonder why they edited it. Do the police think the call is fake? I can only think of two reasons for them to edit it. Either the police were somehow complicit and are covering something up, or they believe the call is fake and he is alive and in hiding. Why would they edit the tape otherwise? What information could he possibly give on the tape that would hinder the investigation if it got out? That part really doesn't make sense, but as everyone has been saying, there is almost no single detail that makes sense.

Hopefully posters who've been along since the very beginning can confirm/explain the source of the 911 tape. I think LE gave a copy to the family to confirm it was BL's voice. Then the family made the tape public?

I don't know if you read every post (or just scanned some of them), so you may know the answer. Not that it necessarily changes your explanation/theories that much... It would allow the family a chance to edit the tape, but why would they?

LE doesn't release 911 tapes in open investigations (only in certain states will they do so). They save them for a possible trial. Anyways, idk, obviously. :)

ETA: I just scanned thru some of the past posts regarding the 911 call. I think LE gave someone in BL's family a "mix" version of the call that contained several clips of BL speaking, with the intent that the family member could confirm BL's voice. Strictly rumor, but I think there was discussion that LL secretly recorded the tape on her phone and posted it online. Supposedly, LE was angry over the release. But who knows on this case? Other posters can correct my understanding of what went down.

Hopefully posters who've been along since the very beginning can confirm/explain the source of the 911 tape. I think LE gave a copy to the family to confirm it was BL's voice. Then the family made the tape public?

I don't know if you read every post (or just scanned some of them), so you may know the answer. Not that it necessarily changes your explanation/theories that much... It would allow the family a chance to edit the tape, but why would they?

LE doesn't release 911 tapes in open investigations (only in certain states will they do so). They save them for a possible trial. Anyways, idk, obviously. :)

ETA: I just scanned thru some of the past posts regarding the 911 call. I think LE gave someone in BL's family a "mix" version of the call that contained several clips of BL speaking, with the intent that the family member could confirm BL's voice. Strictly rumor, but I think there was discussion that LL secretly recorded the tape on her phone and posted it online. Supposedly, LE was angry over the release. But who knows on this case? Other posters can correct my understanding of what went down.

That is my understanding too! From what I've been told the first PI said the tape was given to his father and she recorded it and published without LE or PI approval

That is my understanding too! From what I've been told the first PI said the tape was given to his father and she recorded it and published without LE or PI approval

That is my recollection as well.

Does anyone wonder if a totally outside source came in, fresh, from the start, things would come to light? And I mean fresh, like hand them the briefest report and let them go from there without LL, BL's family, or LE's input? Nor any PI close to any family member!

I think that is a great idea, however I don't see the family allowing it without them there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member