TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, if they were to run the plates it wouldn't have given Brandon's name, they hadn't transferred the vehicle over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wondered how family picked the truck up from the tow truck company if BL had the only key.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

It is not impossible. The manufacturer can remake a key. It is expensive now a days, but I am assuming they accomplished that somehow.

I have always wondered how family picked the truck up from the tow truck company if BL had the only key.

It is not impossible. The manufacturer can remake a key. It is expensive now a days, but I am assuming they accomplished that somehow.

That Brain Scratch was pretty good. One thing that stood out is he said they tested the trucks gas tank and it was empty, I was under the assumption Kyle out gas in the truck and put the can in the bed of the truck

Great point! Now I am questioning another aspect of this even more...if you can't check the gas level without a key how did they "test" the gas tank on the truck? Is there a magic gas fume wand that tells the cops it's empty? Did he tap on the tank and say "yuppers it's empty?" Of course we can assume KL put gas in because he said he did but how do we KNOW 100% BL ever even ran out of gas now? Even if KL did fill it up as he said we only have his word. No law enforcement agent can say he KNEW from an evidentiary standpoint that BL ran out of gas. Someone could have siphoned it for all Anyone knows. Of course we can assume KL put gas in because he said he did (or at least put a cannon the truck) but how do we KNOW 100% BL ever even ran out of gas now? Even if KL did fill it up as he said we only have his word. No law enforcement agent can say he KNEW BL ran out of gas therefore there is no way to prove the "running out of gas" statement and It should be considered heresay and not evidence in my opinion.

Another great point! In Oklahoma only the title holder can get the impounded vehicle out. How did the family get it out if it was not in their name and not even in BL's name???

Another great point! In Oklahoma only the title holder can get the impounded vehicle out. How did the family get it out if it was not in their name and not even in BL's name???

I've wondered that too ever since I found out the truck wasn't titled to anyone with the last name Lawson, and never was. But then again I'm not sure it was at an actual "impound lot", I'm not sure Coke Cty has one, I think it was just the towing company lot, so maybe those legalities don't apply in this situation. Who knows any more?

I've wondered that too ever since I found out the truck wasn't titled to anyone with the last name Lawson, and never was. But then again I'm not sure it was at an actual "impound lot", I'm not sure Coke Cty has one, I think it was just the towing company lot, so maybe those legalities don't apply in this situation. Who knows any more?

Your questions can be answered at this site www.ttsa.org/forthepublic/towedvehiclesfqq.aspx

Your questions can be answered at this site www.ttsa.org/forthepublic/towedvehiclesfqq.aspx

From the above link...except change fqq to faq.aspx at the very end. Thank you Karmin

I want to get my vehicle out of a storage facility. What items do I need to take with me to the storage facility? - The vehicle storage facility must release the vehicle to a person who provides the following:

Payment of all fees due, PLUS
A valid photo identification issued by the state or federal government (usually a drivers license), PLUS ANY ONE of the following eight items (to show proof of authority)
A notarized power of attorney OR
A court order OR
A certificate of title OR
A tax collector’s receipt and vehicle registration renewal card OR
A notarized proof of loss claim of theft from an insurance company to show a right of possession OR
Positive name and address information that corresponds to the information contained in TXDOT Vehicle Titles and Registration files OR
A valid Insurance Certificate for the vehicle OR
A TDLR-approved Affidavit of Right of Possession and Control available in: (Click Here)
The name and address on the identification and the proof of authority (one of the eight items listed above) must match.

From the above link...except change fqq to faq.aspx at the very end. Thank you Karmin

I want to get my vehicle out of a storage facility. What items do I need to take with me to the storage facility? - The vehicle storage facility must release the vehicle to a person who provides the following:

Payment of all fees due, PLUS
A valid photo identification issued by the state or federal government (usually a drivers license), PLUS ANY ONE of the following eight items (to show proof of authority)
A notarized power of attorney OR
A court order OR
A certificate of title OR
A tax collector’s receipt and vehicle registration renewal card OR
A notarized proof of loss claim of theft from an insurance company to show a right of possession OR
Positive name and address information that corresponds to the information contained in TXDOT Vehicle Titles and Registration files OR
A valid Insurance Certificate for the vehicle OR
A TDLR-approved Affidavit of Right of Possession and Control available in: (Click Here)
The name and address on the identification and the proof of authority (one of the eight items listed above) must match.

Something tells me that none of those items were presented, especially given the short amount of time between the truck being towed & the time the truck was released & driven away.

Just FYI I was not talking about you. You jumped in the middle. If you read back, you will see that. People should continue discussing. Just for me, it's going in the wrong direction. Good luck

Gah, all this bickering is ridiculous. And it only hurts one person: Brandon. He's the real victim here. Some people seem to have forgotten that.

There will always be bullies and jerks in ANY group, especially online where you can say anything without consequence. That's not a reason to stop working with people to find your missing loved one. If the local police aren't being helpful, what other option do you have? Is the goal to paint a perfect picture of yourself and your loved one, or to FIND them?

It shouldn't be this hard to get an accurate timeline of events. Look around this board: very few cases are as out of focus as this one. It's as if aliens swooped down and abducted Brandon! Part of this dearth of info is law enforcement's fault, but there are some questions only close family could answer. There are alternate versions of virtually EVERY detail of that night. That's not normal.

Please understand: I'm in no way blaming the family for harming him. Quite frankly, there's not enough information available to even make that call. But they certainly know details they haven't revealed regarding the events that night. Why they refuse to help us gain clarity is anyone's guess.

For every hateful bully, there have been at least 10 caring people who have tried to help. If one chooses to let a few bad apples derail this search, there's nothing more that can be done. I've spent countless hours on this case but have to throw in the towel for now. It's too frustrating. I hope information will be forthcoming soon, for Brandon's sake. His kids deserve answers.

There are so few SOLID facts we have on this case....But the one thing I keep going back to and I cannot discount is the 911 call at the very end. If you do not listen to anything else, listen to the very end when the operator asks...."Do you need an ambulance?" Some people think it is Brandon saying yes..then no.

PLEASE! Listen carefully....

The first person is farther away from the phone, has a totally different sound when he says 'Yes". Almost immediately and on top of the Yes....Brandon says No! I just need the cops.

This is the ONE THING that makes me truly believe BL was in the middle of the field and was truly being chased and had someone down and he was sitting on top of him. The yes sounds very different than BL's voice.

Also, he texted Kyle or his gf AFTER the 911 call. This is troublesome to me........UNLESS! Someone else was texting pretending to be BL.............

Anyone else feel this way when listening to the 911 call?

I don't know that I believe he had someone down as much as I do believe someone else was out there who he knew & it was someone I don't think scared him as much as they concerned him, if that makes sense. I've also always thought someone else was texting from BL's phone other than BL.
But at the same time I do have issues with the way LE & family handled things.

I've always believed there is a voice other than Brandon's saying "yes" on that 911 call.

I tend to agree, I don't think it was Brandon texting. Who was the last person to HEAR his voice on the phone or in person? And when was this??

I tend to agree, I don't think it was Brandon texting. Who was the last person to HEAR his voice on the phone or in person? And when was this??

This is my thought too! Does anyone remember if the gf said she spoke to Brandon or he texted he was bleeding! And what time was it? I'm pretty sure she spoke to him and it was several minutes after the 911 call.

Do you mean LL or the brother's gf? LL stated she spoke to him shortly after he left their house. Then brother's gf supposedly talked to B around 1:10am & got texts from him at or around 1:19am iirc.

Just signed up on WS. I have no legitimately new insights, but I'll throw out some miscellaneous thoughts and questions after having read through virtually all of the preceding commentary on this case in the hope it spurs more constructive conversation (in no particular order):

-On the recorded podcast linked a while back, LL indicates she has a good idea of what/who is mentioned on the 911 call. In other words, proper nouns and things that most who have listened to the call have not been able to pin down in any conclusive way. This could either mean she's heard a different, fuller version of the call than has been made public or, more likely, feels she can better make out BL's words on the call we have all heard. She then goes on in the podcast to say she doesn't want to reveal what she thinks BL is saying publicly. It was not clear to me from listening to the podcast whether she did not want to guess at what/whom she thought BL was communicating about on the 911 call for fear of being mistaken in what she heard or out of fear of reprisal, let's say.

-Why not say what you think? What do you have to lose at this point?

-I'd seen someone else do this, and I might ask my wife to listen completely "fresh" to the call to see what she hears. I'll try to share that here if I have time.

-There has been a lot of frustration expressed with the inconsistencies coming from LL et. al.. Fair enough. It is perhaps therefore not surprising that there have been almost zero, ZERO breakthroughs, new clues, new angles in this case given that we can't even piece together a legitimate and canonical timeline of events and evidence. I would just like to add, though, that there appears to be a conspicuous lack of information forthcoming from LE, too. I know resources are limited and, according to some sources, relations between the victim's family and LE have been contentious or strained, but it seems weird even from a public relations-perspective that LE has not deemed it prudent or valuable to update the state of the case aside from early on or via proxies like Ranch Wife. At least in certain (online) communities this case has garnered sustained if not massive interest outside of Coke County, and especially since there are veiled or not-so-veiled insinuations about who/what BL saw that night (LE responsible/countenanced murder and disappearance) or didn't do in the wake of the investigation (laziness or incompetence in search efforts), you'd think it would make sense for LE to lay their cards on the table and tell the public: "Look, LL is a liar or BL is in Okla. Back off." That they have not done so is worthy of attention, I'd think. Perhaps they have and I've just missed it in my cramming on this case. Main point: it is bizarre that the details for this case are still in some sense "up for grabs" in the public record. How often does that happen, 2.5 years out in a case with considerable scrutiny? And why is LE okay with that being the case?

-If the truck was "planted" where it was found on the highway south of Bronte (as a few have theorized), what is the likely scenario there?

-Others have said they thought it was not him texting KL and A either. If not, who was texting and what were they saying? I know it's hard to speculate in view of the tight-lippedness of those parties in a position to tell us....Was it "This is Gangster X of the Y Cartel...your friend is dead. Keep your mouth shut?" Or was it gangster X of the Y cartel texting: "I'm *advertiser censored***** bleeding," as they drove away, knowing it would cause loved ones and LE to lock into the truck location? Just not getting the "alternative texter" possibilities.

-Yes or no: was there a 3rd party with KL and A that arrived at BL's car early on the morning of 8/9/13!!!??? If so, who was it?

-For those with experience in these kind of cases, what function does a PI serve for a specific family? And what can we conclude from the PIs used in this case? I imagine it's what you do when the police are stonewalling you, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts on this in BL's case.

:welcome4::welcome4:
Welcome StoneWalla-glad to have some fresh eyes and ears!

I personally think the texting could very easily be from whoever was "on both sides of the road" from the 911 call. I don't think LE was involved in anything particularly. I have several unanswered questions that will never be answered to my satisfaction. There are several things about this timeline that do not "ring true" to me (I am from the area and travel that road from San Angelo to Abilene quite frequently). But I do not suspect LL of hiding anything and I personally believe Brandon met up with someone for some reason and they killed him and took him and his phone far away.......for what my 2 cents are worth. If you listen closely to the very end of the 911 call when the operator asks do you need an ambulance, a different voice from BL says "yes" just as Brandon says "no". This I am 100% sure of so it tells me he isn't hallucinating and there is someone after him.

All MOO!

Bumping for Brandon.

Where are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads