TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like cruelty to me.

Not only that but stupid also. I've never done this myself, but know some people who were dumb enough to try it once. Lets just say they almost didn't survive the nights "fun".

Cow tipping is where you push over a sleeping cow. Cows sleep standing up.

They only nap for a few minutes at a time standing up, as previously stated. When they actually sleep they lie down.

I had the pleasure of discussing this case with a 26 year veteran of the FBI this last weekend. He gave me a lot of insight on his theory of what may have taken place that night. Love that he was so interested and intrigued by this case as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the pleasure of discussing this case with a 26 year veteran of the FBI this last weekend. He gave me a lot of insight on his theory of what may have taken place that night. Love that he was so interested and intrigued by this case as well.

Would you mind sharing his thoughts here?
I'd love to hear a professional's perspective.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

His thoughts were as follows. He said he firmly believes that sadly Brandon is no longer living due to the time he has been missing. He doesn't believe that his warrant was significant enough to cause him to leave his family being he had small children. He did say also that there is known cartel activity in that area and that they have issued warnings to such. He believes Brandon may have unknowingly came across such activity and become a victim. He did also state that he would not be surprised if there had been corrupt LE involvement on some level. Seems that is how the cartels are operating so easily. He did say also that it could be either during or after the fact. But his biggest fascination was that the sheriffs wife who also runs the newspaper, and was so adamant about him being a runner. He said that was suspicious behavior on her part and would if he had worked the case, she would be one of the first he had a conversation with. He said it was common for people with knowledge of a crime to always try to misdirect LE and others in the wrong direction. Thus creating a wild goose chase. He said evidence is probably so lacking in the case that even if LE had a good hunch as to what happened, they probably have no way of proving it. He said that short of a confession or telling body recovery, it may never be officially solved. Even with a body, after all this time there may not be enough evidence to ever see justice done in this case. And he noted that if its cartel related, the odds of his body being found is slim.

I should note that he did say that the sheriffs wife may have been over zealous as well, but in no way does that mean she actually has knowledge of the crime. Just he thinks that it is odd behavior that would have made him want to find out exactly if she did or did not one way or another. And only conversation with her would have ruled which he felt it may be.

CuriousByNature, thank you so much for sharing. Very interesting thoughts.

Wow!!! That is very interesting & goes along the same lines a lot of folks think. Thank you for sharing! I wish there was something we could do to help find Brandon!

If a "Cartel" was involved...which totally has credibility in this case..because Brandon says he ran into someone that night, we are fairly certain it is not literally but like 'he came across them' and we are fairly certain it happened RIGHT WHERE HIS TRUCK WAS, and it involved at least two people because he says I totally ran into THEM.
Otherwise he would have no need to call 911. He knew his brother was on the way, whether with or without gas or money. His brother would have picked him up and taken him to his house or Brandon's house. I also believe totally in the corrupt LE there...as again, my belief, in that 911 call Brandon is referring to a trooper who is interacting with another vehicle/persons that night, in that area. It would be nothing for anyone to say ''meet me at the roadside pullout" anyone passing would think nothing of anyone sitting there, LE included.
It still doesn't answer some of the burning questions. And I still would love to hear anything from Kyle as he probably knows more than he can or will say...
I also wonder would a cartel take him far away and 'dispose' of him? Or would they leave him where they 'found' him? I still believe he is in that area just 'hidden'.
Thank you for not only sharing Curious, but for asking your friend for his valuable insights!

Bumping for Brandon!!!

I really think that Y where the highway splits in two directions needs to be searched.
It is passed Bronte headed north, one way goes towards I-20, which takes you to Abilene, the other goes towards Sweetwater which is also towards Abilene...."Going towards Abilene on both sides" just like Brandon says in the 9-1-1 call.

To those of you in Texas...while you guys are probably not close .... PRAYERS are with those that have now lost everything in the floods and tornadoes...my adopted daughter has had to seek higher ground..my aunt and uncle are on higher ground and trying to make room in their home for some of their elderly neighbors that are 'down below' ....Please be safe! Please do not enter flooding draws or arroyos.Please do not stop on the bridges with the raging water below! No life is worth a picture or anything! Going to duplicate this on Danielle's thread....

The cartel angle definitely makes sense.

There's this article from the year Brandon went missing about a drug ring bust.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/dps-claims-major-drug-ring-bust-in-san-angelo

It notes: "The operation, the DPS said, in addition to affiliation with the Sinaloa cartel, was associated or involved with the Mexican Mafia, West Texas Tango Blast, Aryan Circle and Aryan Brotherhood of Texas gangs."

So not just cartels but numerous other gangs operate in the area. I imagine they are not ones to do their work in broad daylight. Maybe Brandon DID see a state trooper and felt safe to approach them. I would imagine the situation escalated, causing Brandon to run and eventually be caught.

The disconnect for me still is the conversation he had with his brother. Didn't see say he was hiding in the bushes or something?

His thoughts were as follows. He said he firmly believes that sadly Brandon is no longer living due to the time he has been missing. He doesn't believe that his warrant was significant enough to cause him to leave his family being he had small children. He did say also that there is known cartel activity in that area and that they have issued warnings to such. He believes Brandon may have unknowingly came across such activity and become a victim. He did also state that he would not be surprised if there had been corrupt LE involvement on some level. Seems that is how the cartels are operating so easily. He did say also that it could be either during or after the fact. But his biggest fascination was that the sheriffs wife who also runs the newspaper, and was so adamant about him being a runner. He said that was suspicious behavior on her part and would if he had worked the case, she would be one of the first he had a conversation with. He said it was common for people with knowledge of a crime to always try to misdirect LE and others in the wrong direction. Thus creating a wild goose chase. He said evidence is probably so lacking in the case that even if LE had a good hunch as to what happened, they probably have no way of proving it. He said that short of a confession or telling body recovery, it may never be officially solved. Even with a body, after all this time there may not be enough evidence to ever see justice done in this case. And he noted that if its cartel related, the odds of his body being found is slim.

Can you please have him look at Cassie Compton's case? I firmly believe LE is quite corrupt there, and covering up Cassie's disappearance to protect a family friend's son.

Thanks for the info from the seasoned FBI agent. Poor Brandon. He was so scared during the phone call. :(

Can you please have him look at Cassie Compton's case? I firmly believe LE is quite corrupt there, and covering up Cassie's disappearance to protect a family friend's son.

Thanks for the info from the seasoned FBI agent. Poor Brandon. He was so scared during the phone call. :(

I too have been following CC's case... So very sad....reminds me a lot of BL's case!!

I will see what I can do. I'll present it to him for his thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member