TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being from there and reading where it was stated he broke down, the 911 call, talking about running in the field and the like...would you have an idea of where he COULD be out there?
Yes more than likely. I'm trying to find maps and what not. So far this is the only one I have found1512600_170502483158834_125463311_n.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes more than likely. I'm trying to find maps and what not. So far this is the only one I have foundView attachment 110740

From what I've read ICP is Bronte. Lkp and truck. Lkp-last known ping and his truck were in the same spot? I'm trying to do 3 years of 'sleuthing' lol. I just heard about this case the end of 2016.

This case is so baffling. I don't know what to think anymore. Was he on drugs and helucinating? Did he get chased in to woods and get murdered? If so why? Was he killed and taken elsewhere? Why hasn't he been found? Etc etc. So many questions.

Has there been any discussion as what was exactly spoken when he called his girlfriend and brother after the 911 call? What were their opinions of his mental state? Do they think he was on drugs? Did they learn any details of what happened or where he was at?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Coming from Bronte, TX that makes way more sense!!! Is there a map of what was searched and what was not?

I'm THINKING that there are search maps in the early threads on here. I'm sorry, I can't be more specific. And they may not be there. I'm wanting to think there are some here.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

I had just listened to Brandon's 911 call tape that was on the podcast True Crime Garage. Before I heard any of the commentary or read any other interpretations of the 911 call I went line by line many times to write down what I believe I heard. Here it is:

Yes, I'm in the middle of a field.
This sniper just pushing(?) guys over right here going towards Abilene on both sides.
My truck ran out of gas.
There's one car here.
Guy/s taking to the woods.
Please hurry.
I'm not talking to him.
I accidentally ran into him.
That's the first guy.
No, I need the cops.

It seems that there maybe someone speaking to Brandon in the background. I believe I hear someone repeating "the first guy" and then when Brandon was asked if he needed an ambulance that other person in the background says "yeah."

I have to wonder if Brandon was responding to someone else at the scene and not the 911 operator when he says "I'm not talking to him. I accidentally ran into him. That's the first guy."

I have some questions:
Is there a wooded area where Brandon's truck was found?
Was the area searched for shotgun shells?

I just listened to this as well and I aagree it sounds like there is a second person to me. I would also like to know if anyone ever checked state highway patrols records for that night to see if they pulled anyone over or anything

I also listened to Brandon's True Crime Garage episode. It was very well done. I was so happy that they broke down that call. All the other times I heard that call I had no idea what he was saying.

Here's what I think happened. He was probably under a lot of stress and depressed. He relapsed with a drug like meth, pcp or bath salts. He had a psychotic break maybe from the drugs. He was possibly having hallucinations and driving erratically. Either he forced a car off the road or he was forced off the road by the car. He exchanges words with the people in the car. They follow him and his truck runs out of gas.

He calls 911 and the call is somewhat incoherent because he is disoriented. When the call ends there is an altercation and his attackers injure him. He was possibly shot, stabbed or beaten which caused injures that would be fatal if not treated within hours. They leave or he escapes. He runs farther away from the truck. He does not want to go back because the attackers may still be there.

Maybe when he was trying to get away he was stabbed by a sharp object like a tree branch, cut on a barbed wire fence or got a rattlesnake bite. Still high, he continues to walk miles away from the truck. He talks to his brother on the phone. The reception is bad and he is incoherent. The call gets disconnected after he says he's bleeding. He collapses from dehydration and blood loss.

It's likely he will be found within a few miles of his last cell phone ping which I read was about 3 - 4 miles from his truck. I also think it's possible that no altercation occurred and he received injures while escaping from his hallucinations or they were self-inflicted.

If what I was reading on the forum is correct, Brandon talked to his brother approximately 30 minutes after the 911 call. I think it's unlikely that he just happened to stumble upon a drug deal or other criminal activity because he was able to talk on the phone. They most likely would have confiscated the phone and not let him use it.

I read that the 911 call was edited because there is still an ongoing investigation. If this is correct, my theory may change if the full call is released.

I think maybe he says "state boy" referring to a state trooper in the 2nd sentence of the 911 call.

Maybe Brandon's 2nd sentence of the 911 call doesn't make sense to me because it never made sense to begin with (or it was edited). Maybe he was so intoxicated that he was making up his own words.

Here is my interpretation of the 911 call. It's pretty clear to me....he is running his words together, but i am pretty sure it's close.
9-2013 050 and 38 seconds
911: 911 emergency
BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here and a guy’s (guy is) chasing me in the woods. Please hurry!
911: Okay, now run that by me one more…
BL: And when I was talking to em I totally like ran into em
911: Oh, you ran into em, okay.
BL: Yeah-I got the first guy
911: Do you need an ambulance?
1st Guy: Yes. (totally out of breath or BL is sitting on his chest)
BL: No, I need the cops.
911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Hello? Hello? Hello?
Here at the end I think Brandon did not answer because he was trying to be quiet because he heard someone coming. Just my opinion here tho.

Here is my interpretation of the 911 call. It's pretty clear to me....he is running his words together, but i am pretty sure it's close.
9-2013 050 and 38 seconds
911: 911 emergency
BL: Yes, I'm in the middle of a field. In fact we just pushed some guys over, right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There’s one car here and a guy’s (guy is) chasing me in the woods. Please hurry!
911: Okay, now run that by me one more…
BL: And when I was talking to em I totally like ran into em
911: Oh, you ran into em, okay.
BL: Yeah-I got the first guy
911: Do you need an ambulance?
1st Guy: Yes. (totally out of breath or BL is sitting on his chest)
BL: No, I need the cops.
911: Okay. Is anybody hurt? Hello? Hello? Hello?
Here at the end I think Brandon did not answer because he was trying to be quiet because he heard someone coming. Just my opinion here tho.
With you on most. However I think he says "escaped for pushing guys over". Which could be a few thoughts jumped together.

I really want to know what his family thinks of the recording as well as what his brother thinks as they spoke after the 911 call. Do they think he was on drugs? Was that his normal speaking voice and pattern etc?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I just listened to a podcast about Brandon. What a tragic case. I live in Texas and hadn't heard about this one. I am getting myself up to date. Has anyone seen anything from the GF/Family on what they think the 911 tape says? I listened and True Crime Garage podcast dissected each line but I was curious what the family thinks he is saying and what is going on. They obviously would know him and know his accent, etc. I would love to hear what the brother thinks he is saying.

I just listened to a podcast about Brandon. What a tragic case. I live in Texas and hadn't heard about this one. I am getting myself up to date. Has anyone seen anything from the GF/Family on what they think the 911 tape says? I listened and True Crime Garage podcast dissected each line but I was curious what the family thinks he is saying and what is going on. They obviously would know him and know his accent, etc. I would love to hear what the brother thinks he is saying.

Those are great questions that have been asked by many but have never been answered unfortunately.
Welcome to the party by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveled through Bronte yesterday afternoon. Stopped at Brandon's memorial on the side of the road and looked around trying to figure out where he would run. Of course it was dark. I just can't figure out where he was when he called 911 from the "middle of the field". Houses are around there. (Not a lot, but several) Such a mystery....

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the site and this is my first post. Something about this case just fascinates and haunts me so I wanted to run an idea by everyone. I apologize if this has already been posited before. I have read this entire thread on the case but not the earlier ones, yet. This isn’t really a fully formed theory so much as a frame to work off of. Anyway, here goes:

I don’t think that the event, whatever it may have been, occurred near where the truck was found. It would seem to me that some sort of evidence would have been found like broken or trampled bushes or tracks in the area. Maybe some blood. If Brandon was shot out in the dirt/brush setting that is evident in the picture, I feel like it would be impossible to sanitize the scene (assuming this wasn’t LE gone bad, which blows up my whole frame).

What if it went something like this:

(I don’t know a lot about the Walmart confrontation so I am not sure where that may fit into this.)

Brandon is mad/upset/sad and doesn’t realize that he is low on gas. He runs out, tries to get the car as far off the road as possible but can’t get it completely onto the shoulder. He calls his brother to come help. Instead of sitting in the car (which may get hit, he gets out and stands to the side, out of danger. A passing motorist sees him, stops and offers to take him to get gas (not sure where the closest gas station is) and Brandon hops in. He doesn’t call his brother back right away because he either doesn’t think about it or wants to make sure he actually is able to get the gas before he calls him back. Something happens next to disrupt this. Maybe he was spooked by whoever picked him up. Maybe he and the good Samaritan come across something nefarious going on (up by the ‘river’ maybe). Maybe there is an accident. Whatever happens next, things get out of hand and Brandon feels threatened and runs off (alone or with someone) and this is when he places the 911 call. At this point, he is a few miles up the road. When he finally calls his brother again (hurt possibly) he says he is ’10 min up the road’ but this means 10 minutes driving, not walking. Maybe that is why the phone pinged 3 miles away.

I haven’t filled in many of the details here but this is just a frame that I think may be possible, and once again apologies if this has already been posted as an idea.

Thanks for all of the work that you have put into this. It is a really sad story and I hope that someday everyone knows the true story.

I have a slightly fresh take on the beginning of the call, often thought to say state trooper or the like.
I've been considering he said "I was able to" (pull some guys over or the like). Only said with a country drawl and out of breath and hurried. Sounding something like I's-table-ter.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I have a slightly fresh take on the beginning of the call, often thought to say state trooper or the like.
I've been considering he said "I was able to" (pull some guys over or the like). Only said with a country drawl and out of breath and hurried. Sounding something like I's-table-ter.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

That's a very good thought!!! One I've never heard mentioned but makes a lot of sense!!
Good ear!!
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Brandon!

*All statements are my own opinion, or personal knowledge unless otherwise stated.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM