TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all.

I was thinking about BL's case today.

Why would Brandon get out of his car after calling Kyle? I've run out of gas before (twice) in the middle of the night and had to call family members for help. The last thing I would have done would be to get out of my car.

I've seen it speculated that he was walking to the 'picnic' area so Kyle could easily find him. But it's easy to find a truck on the side of the road. Kyle wasn't going to have any trouble finding him.

Has anyone else here run out of gas at night and called for help? Did you stay in your car take off down the road?

And if BL thought he was parked too unsafely to wait in the truck, why wouldn't he turn on his flashers?

He had already passed the picnic area. I speculate he ran out of gas before the picnic area and coasted down the road to his stopping point which was at the bottom of a small hill. I think he was being chased from San Angelo. He either knew they were behind him or he got out when they pulled up behind him and started chasing him into the woods. No other reason to get out. I also think Kyle knows more but isn't talking.

It's been discussed there was a warrant out for his arrest on a probation violation, need to confirm, he could have left car initially to hide from police. Then call 911 later when he needed help.

I would consider leaving the car, as I would worry about a drunk driver crashing in to me on shoulder of road.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It's been discussed there was a warrant out for his arrest on a probation violation, need to confirm, he could have left car initially to hide from police. Then call 911 later when he needed help.

I would consider leaving the car, as I would worry about a drunk driver crashing in to me on shoulder of road.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yes, there was an active warrant for a drug charge from a sometime previous for a drug charge. Current Johnson County court records reflect that the charge has now been quashed.

If I ran out of gas, it would depend on the situation, I think. Out in that area, since it was so late at night, I really don't know. I may get out, or I may stay inside. If I got out, I for sure wouldn't leave my vehicle I don't think. If he left his vehicle, wasn't there a house (mobile home) just a ways off the highway by where his truck was found? Why not go there, and ask for help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He had already passed the picnic area. I speculate he ran out of gas before the picnic area and coasted down the road to his stopping point which was at the bottom of a small hill. I think he was being chased from San Angelo. He either knew they were behind him or he got out when they pulled up behind him and started chasing him into the woods. No other reason to get out. I also think Kyle knows more but isn't talking.

BBM ^^This.

This case fascinates me. I know many of you have way more knowledge of this case than I do, but here are my amateurish observations....

1) When Brandon left his car, he was going North towards Bronte/Abilene. If you look at the map, Abilene is the biggest city anywhere close to that area and Brandon is alerting the 911 operator that he's headed on 277 towards Abilene. That would also explain why he told his brother's gf that he was ten minutes "up" the road because his brother was coming from the South.

2) When you look at the Google map/Google Earth images, I think that the business/structure/home on the West side of the road has something to do with this. I think that's where he either encountered the trouble (maybe going for help) or that's where he was chased. If you look just north of the structure, there's a wide open field. Across the street there's a heavily wooded area. It's always bothered me that he said something about heading towards Abilene "on both sides." If you look at the overall map and what he's saying, I think he's trying to tell the dispatcher that someone got chased up into the woods on the other side of the road (the East side, which is much more heavily wooded). The West side of the road is a big, open field. It would make sense that maybe he can see/hear what's going on just on the other side of the road. Sticking close to the road could also explain the sounds in the background of the recording. Being on the West side of the road would've also put Brandon at a tactical disadvantage because it looks like there's little to no cover on that side of the road for several hundred yards, so he was likely moving/running in the wide open where even if someone was on the other side of the road, they could find him pretty easily. Not a lot of places to hide from a gunshot.

3) I think Brandon ultimately ended up close to the Colorado River than people think and may have been dumped somewhere in or around there. The family thinks that the final ping on his phone close to the river was non-specific because the range of the ping was up to three miles. I just have a gut feeling that when Brandon started running for whatever reason, he was trying to make it to Bronte and never got there. There's virtually no houses or places of sanctuary on that road other than the structure that I mentioned above. If that's where he ran into trouble, he may not be able to visualize another house from where he was until/unless he crossed the river. People tend to run to what they know when they get in trouble. For him, I think he was trying to get to Bronte or at least close enough to the river that he could seek cover on his side of the road without veering too far off the road in case his brother came to save him.

Just my amateur thoughts. I wish they'd find this guy. Feel terrible for all involved.

This case fascinates me. I know many of you have way more knowledge of this case than I do, but here are my amateurish observations....

1) When Brandon left his car, he was going North towards Bronte/Abilene. If you look at the map, Abilene is the biggest city anywhere close to that area and Brandon is alerting the 911 operator that he's headed on 277 towards Abilene. That would also explain why he told his brother's gf that he was ten minutes "up" the road because his brother was coming from the South.

2) When you look at the Google map/Google Earth images, I think that the business/structure/home on the West side of the road has something to do with this. I think that's where he either encountered the trouble (maybe going for help) or that's where he was chased. If you look just north of the structure, there's a wide open field. Across the street there's a heavily wooded area. It's always bothered me that he said something about heading towards Abilene "on both sides." If you look at the overall map and what he's saying, I think he's trying to tell the dispatcher that someone got chased up into the woods on the other side of the road (the East side, which is much more heavily wooded). The West side of the road is a big, open field. It would make sense that maybe he can see/hear what's going on just on the other side of the road. Sticking close to the road could also explain the sounds in the background of the recording. Being on the West side of the road would've also put Brandon at a tactical disadvantage because it looks like there's little to no cover on that side of the road for several hundred yards, so he was likely moving/running in the wide open where even if someone was on the other side of the road, they could find him pretty easily. Not a lot of places to hide from a gunshot.

3) I think Brandon ultimately ended up close to the Colorado River than people think and may have been dumped somewhere in or around there. The family thinks that the final ping on his phone close to the river was non-specific because the range of the ping was up to three miles. I just have a gut feeling that when Brandon started running for whatever reason, he was trying to make it to Bronte and never got there. There's virtually no houses or places of sanctuary on that road other than the structure that I mentioned above. If that's where he ran into trouble, he may not be able to visualize another house from where he was until/unless he crossed the river. People tend to run to what they know when they get in trouble. For him, I think he was trying to get to Bronte or at least close enough to the river that he could seek cover on his side of the road without veering too far off the road in case his brother came to save him.

Just my amateur thoughts. I wish they'd find this guy. Feel terrible for all involved.

There was a home right near where the truck was found. I'm wanting to say it's a mobile home. I've always wondered if the people who live/lived there were ever spoken to about anything that they may have seen or heard.

There was a home right near where the truck was found. I'm wanting to say it's a mobile home. I've always wondered if the people who live/lived there were ever spoken to about anything that they may have seen or heard.

Have wondered as well ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That area is certainly not uninhabited....there were several homes on the east side of the road. If he had started yelling or screaming he could have been heard. I really wish I knew more.

Nannymo ... You have frequent driver miles on that road.

If I recall you provided photos too?

Still feel BL wanted to get out of town in a hurry ....

To add a bit suspicious of the nurse, BL only had a couple of FB friends that lived in the area of SA and one is a nurse.

Wether it was a random troll post were unsure if you passed by someone .. Why would you think I can't perform CPR because I'm pregnant .. Makes no sense .. Unless you seen him on the ground and hurt .. IDK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I drive that highway often. I live in Abilene and my grandkids in San Angelo. I never leave San Angelo without checking my gas gauge to make sure I'm ok on gas. Not a lot between here and there.

The FB post is interesting, but they had not lived in the area long. There was rumor of another woman but I really don't know much about it.

Every time I drive that road I try to imagine what he was doing and where he ran. That trailer house on the East side was very close to him and there is a field next to it. Everything else around him is pasture which has mesquite trees, cactus and cedar bushes and trees. You could hide in the pasture but I don't think you could run very well. He also would have had to climb over or through a barbed wire fence. The only reason to do that is to hide from someone. Otherwise he would have stayed on the road and headed straight into Bronte. It was just over a mile up the road.

By the way.....10 minutes up the road would have been almost 10 miles passed Bronte. I feel like he knew where Kyle was in route to Brandon and was telling Kyle he was just 10 more minutes drive to where his truck was parked......I don't think he meant he was 10 minutes up the road from his truck.

I've been listening to various podcasts on missing persons & other crimes/mysteries while at work & I found one about BL. I personally didn't know anything about it so I wanted to share it with y'all in case y'all wanna listen also. I found it on the Vanished podcast, I'm on an iPhone, not sure if Droid phones work the same, but here's the link
https://rss.art19.com/the-vanished-podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's something we've ALL wondered.

It'd be awesome if we could get a reporter that'd be willing to dig & go in routes that no other reporters, or family, have yet to go.

Anyone know a reporter??? [emoji848]

I don't think we have reporters like that anymore.[emoji19]

I listened to his story on the true crime garage podcast. I thought they did a good job.

Did we ever figure out if 911 calls made from a cell phone show up on the detailed call logs or monthly bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member