TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok there are no remains....... Golden question whos remain were they looking for ...

STQ wasn't their some mention of high drug activity or trafficking in Abilene around the same time BL went missing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok there are no remains....... Golden question whos remain were they looking for ...

STQ wasn't their some mention of high drug activity or trafficking in Abilene around the same time BL went missing...

So far, they're mum on it. All of it.

I believe so, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you go to Taylor County CAD website and type in 3900 Old Anson RD you can see the name of the property owners. Maybe someone more familiar with this case than I am would know if there is any connection to people who knew Brandon. The birds eye view shows that there is all sorts of junk...looks like old vehicles or trailers, random stuff...wouldn't have been too had to bury someone under something that has sat there for years and no one would have noticed the disturbed ground.

Of course, we don't know if a body was previously buried there and then moved or if the person who gave the tip to LE just made it up or heard it from a third party. All JMO

If you go to Taylor County CAD website and type in 3900 Old Anson RD you can see the name of the property owners. Maybe someone more familiar with this case than I am would know if there is any connection to people who knew Brandon. The birds eye view shows that there is all sorts of junk...looks like old vehicles or trailers, random stuff...wouldn't have been too had to bury someone under something that has sat there for years and no one would have noticed the disturbed ground.

Of course, we don't know if a body was previously buried there and then moved or if the person who gave the tip to LE just made it up or heard it from a third party. All JMO

Yes, after seeing the aerial views, and watching the Live feed, I'm wondering how they know there's "no body" there. Unless, of course, the tipster gave specific locations for where said body would be at.

The aerial views remind me of the aerial view they showed on that show making of a murderer, like one big junk yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well would be interesting to hear if it was a call in tip, or someone in custody trying to get around whatever they did. And if it does tie to Brandon, or someone else. And how it ties?
Has anyone checked Texas Court for the property owner's name? Guess it could be a rental but geez.

Yes, I checked the tax roles.....I don't think there is any connection to BL. I feel like it could be connected to Clay Allan Rodman.

It's not a rental either.FWIW

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't think we have heard the last of this search myself.

Hi everybody, I'm new to this website. After hearing True Crime Garage's podcast episode on BL, I've become kind of obsessed with the case and knew this website would have some great insights. I've seen a map of the search area, and read somewhere that the area around the Colorado River was searched, but does anyone know if the river itself was searched? I hate to say that, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilty that someone, or several people, disposed of his body in the river if he in fact did meet an ill fate. I've also thought perhaps whoever he ran into took his phone and it wasn't even on him when it last pinged.

I know everbody has slightly different interpretations of the 911 call. I've lost count of how many times I've listened to it and some words still frustrate me to no end! Still can't decipher who/what "perched (pushed) some guys over". But, like many people, I do hear a second person with Brandon, and I hear a gunshot. Maybe when he says "we're (or they're?) out here goin' towards Abilene on both sides", he's referring to all parties heading North on both sides of the road, like in the fields on both sides. Right after Brandon says he "ran into 'em" and the dispatcher is talking, I can hear a second voice. It sounds like he's asking Brandon a question but I can't make it out. Brandon is answering this question when he says "just the first guy". It's during this exchange that I hear a gun shot. Then I hear Brandon ask this other person, "that gunshot(s)?" The other person says "yeah" in response to Brandon, right after the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance. Then Brandon responds to the dispatcher, "No, I need the cops". I hear the " yeah" as an answer to Brandon after he asked the second individual if the sound they heard was a gunshot. The second guy sounds out of breath, like he was just running towards Brandon.

I had hoped the search they conducted in Abilene the other day was for Brandon, but sadly I don't think it was. I can't understand why there hasn't been more LE effort to find him. It baffles me.

Hi everybody, I'm new to this website. After hearing True Crime Garage's podcast episode on BL, I've become kind of obsessed with the case and knew this website would have some great insights. I've seen a map of the search area, and read somewhere that the area around the Colorado River was searched, but does anyone know if the river itself was searched? I hate to say that, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilty that someone, or several people, disposed of his body in the river if he in fact did meet an ill fate. I've also thought perhaps whoever he ran into took his phone and it wasn't even on him when it last pinged.

I know everbody has slightly different interpretations of the 911 call. I've lost count of how many times I've listened to it and some words still frustrate me to no end! Still can't decipher who/what "perched (pushed) some guys over". But, like many people, I do hear a second person with Brandon, and I hear a gunshot. Maybe when he says "we're (or they're?) out here goin' towards Abilene on both sides", he's referring to all parties heading North on both sides of the road, like in the fields on both sides. Right after Brandon says he "ran into 'em" and the dispatcher is talking, I can hear a second voice. It sounds like he's asking Brandon a question but I can't make it out. Brandon is answering this question when he says "just the first guy". It's during this exchange that I hear a gun shot. Then I hear Brandon ask this other person, "that gunshot(s)?" The other person says "yeah" in response to Brandon, right after the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance. Then Brandon responds to the dispatcher, "No, I need the cops". I hear the " yeah" as an answer to Brandon after he asked the second individual if the sound they heard was a gunshot. The second guy sounds out of breath, like he was just running towards Brandon.

I had hoped the search they conducted in Abilene the other day was for Brandon, but sadly I don't think it was. I can't understand why there hasn't been more LE effort to find him. It baffles me.

Welcome! Some really good analogies you have. Definitely a couple of things to think about.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

great first post!

:welcome5:

:canada::leaf::leaf2:

[bibm]

wait a minute, the quote is that "no remains were found"

Yes, after seeing the aerial views, and watching the Live feed, I'm wondering how they know there's "no body" there. Unless, of course, the tipster gave specific locations for where said body would be at.

Welcome.

I don't know that the Colorado River would've had enough water in it to actually dispose of a body at that time, IIRC that year was very dry & all lakes & rivers were/are way low or dry, it'd be very easy to spot a bright yellow shirt out there imo. Unless maybe they took him to Oak Creek Lake which isn't very far from Bronte at all, just on the other side of town if I have my direction right, but it too was/is very low if not dry.

[bibm]

wait a minute, the quote is that "no remains were found"

I'm not clear on what you're asking.

The search in Abilene a couple of days ago apparently yielded no body buried on the property. At least in the areas that were searched.

Law enforcement has not released any information on who exactly that they were looking for (who the remains belonged to). The only information released so far is that the search was the result of a tip given to law enforcement regarding a missing person from 2013.

There's a man missing from the actual city of Abilene (Clay Allen Rodman), and of course, Brandon was on the way to Fort Worth (allegedly), and Abilene was the next place on the map that he was headed towards. The subject of the search could realistically be for one of these two gentlemen, or for neither. I do concur with nannymo that I don't think we've heard the last of that search whether it's related to Brandon or not.

In regards to the search in Abilene, this story just popped up from the news outlet there. Law enforcement hasn't said that the search was for Clay Rodman, but I'm gathering that his father is saying it was.

Personally, I see some similarities in Clay, and Brandon. I don't mean their looks, but in their situational background. I'm not writing this off just yet for reasons that I just can't put my finger on, yet.

Missing man's father reacts to empty results after north Abilene search

http://www.ktxs.com/news/missing-ma...-results-after-north-abilene-search/431224201

Welcome.

I don't know that the Colorado River would've had enough water in it to actually dispose of a body at that time, IIRC that year was very dry & all lakes & rivers were/are way low or dry, it'd be very easy to spot a bright yellow shirt out there imo. Unless maybe they took him to Oak Creek Lake which isn't very far from Bronte at all, just on the other side of town if I have my direction right, but it too was/is very low if not dry.

Good point! I had read the river was quite low around that time but couldn't find any information regarding it's actual depth. It's hard to tell from Google Earth; their last images are from March, 2013 :(

Welcome.

RobertLeeGage072813_082813.JPG

Upstream gage at Robert Lee. No flow (severe drought). The triangles are the average flow for that day during the period of record (52 years for this gage).

Welcome! I'm new as well and also obsessed with this case. I'm wondering if there were any other missing persons or bodies discovered in the surrounding areas around the same time BL went missing. Perhaps finding a potential connection could yield some results?

I'm thinking his body is out there, within 10 miles of his car, it just hasn't been found.

I watched Disappeared last week where Lynne Messer went missing from Missouri. Her body was found years later on their farm property. Searchers missed or overlooked the spot she was found.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking his body is out there, within 10 miles of his car, it just hasn't been found.

I watched Disappeared last week where Lynne Messer went missing from Missouri. Her body was found years later on their farm property. Searchers missed or overlooked the spot she was found.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

This is very possible, I spotted this article just now on a similar case. The body of a man, Tim Wolfe, missing for nearly a year has just been found and identified. It was about 1500 yards/1300 metres from his wrecked car. The car was found at the time he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader