TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever a definitive location for where the truck was found? I know there were several mentioned and they are relatively close together. I'm doing some mapping so that (short) distance counts.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Was there ever a definitive location for where the truck was found? I know there were several mentioned and they are relatively close together. I'm doing some mapping so that (short) distance counts.

Yes, but I'm not sure how to tell you the feet/yards/etc. It was across from the rest stop, but up some. The cross memorial thing out there isn't where it was found, either. Somewhere in the older threads, you may find a map or something that would put you closer. Someone else may jump in and be able to help you be more precise. Great that you're doing this!

*All statements are my own opinion unless otherwise stated.*

Im beginning to think someone or some people comitted "the perfect crime" and are going to get away with it..at least here on earth they are. I dont think it was a random run in and I dont think it was just bad luck. I think that the real crime happened much closer to "home" and the truck and phone calls were all just part of the cover up. Since ws is victim friendly which includes Brandon's family, I wont say who I think is responsible. Sad for his kids that regardless of his bad habits/addictions are growing up without him and left with so many questions!

Im beginning to think someone or some people comitted "the perfect crime" and are going to get away with it..at least here on earth they are. I dont think it was a random run in and I dont think it was just bad luck. I think that the real crime happened much closer to "home" and the truck and phone calls were all just part of the cover up. Since ws is victim friendly which includes Brandon's family, I wont say who I think is responsible. Sad for his kids that regardless of his bad habits/addictions are growing up without him and left with so many questions!

That's pretty interesting. So, do you think the phone call may have been coerced and taken place elsewhere? I have heard that cell service out there is pretty bad and although the call was a bit choppy (possibly because of editing or secondhand recording of it) it was still remarkably clear if the service is bad.

I'm listening to some podcasts about Brandon's case right now. One of them brings up how the truck was parked and that it's not how you would pull over if you were coasting from being out of gas. The front end, drivers side?(please correct that if it's passenger side), was over the white line and in the street. This is what made the truck driver call in. The speed limit is like 75 there I hear.

Does anyone have any ideas about how his truck ended up positioned over the white line in that manner?

I'm listening to some podcasts about Brandon's case right now. One of them brings up how the truck was parked and that it's not how you would pull over if you were coasting from being out of gas. The front end, drivers side?(please correct that if it's passenger side), was over the white line and in the street. This is what made the truck driver call in. The speed limit is like 75 there I hear.

Does anyone have any ideas about how his truck ended up positioned over the white line in that manner?

Imo, he probably pulled over then tried to make one more go at it. Either, trying to get away from whoever. Or just trying to avoid the cops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My opinion is that whoever was trying to do a U turn to get back to the roadside rest stop.

There is still a 1/4 of me that believes BL ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time .... There another 1/4 of me that believes something bigger happened back in San Angelo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have about come to the conclusion something started in San Angelo and ended outside Bronte.........I think he is somewhere off the highway closer to San Angelo.....JMO

The Y has always stuck out at me ..... In relation to both sides.

Why would BL want to leave and go to his Dad's so abruptly very long ride for an argument with the GF when you could go to your brother's thats close by. Understand drugs could heighten one not to use common sense.... BL wanted to get far out of town fast

Why would BL want to leave and go to his Dad's so abruptly very long ride for an argument with the GF when you could go to your brother's thats close by. Understand drugs could heighten one not to use common sense.... BL wanted to get far out of town fast

Why was the brother so quick to stop by and check on the girlfriend after an alleged argument? It's common knowledge that the girlfriend and BL were on/off, back and forth. Why did the brother stop by that particular night? What was different about that fight that warranted him stopping by? Seems like them fighting wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. A fight with my significant other would be a phone to my best friend. Not a visit from his brother. Just seems weird.

Thinking out loud here.

I'm going to go ahead and share what I have been thinking about as a possible cause of the positioning.
I'm thinking the truck could it have been pushed there manually from another location. It doesn't have to be nefariously. Maybe throwing it in neutral and someone turns the steering wheel while someone pushes trying to get it further out of the road. Possibly from the other lane. I haven't pushed many vehicles, is this a valid possibility based on the logistics?

Idk who those someone's are or could be but the call makes it pretty clear Brandon wasn't alone.

I'm going to go ahead and share what I have been thinking about as a possible cause of the positioning.
I'm thinking the truck could it have been pushed there manually from another location. It doesn't have to be nefariously. Maybe throwing it in neutral and someone turns the steering wheel while someone pushes trying to get it further out of the road. Possibly from the other lane. I haven't pushed many vehicles, is this a valid possibility based on the logistics?

Idk who those someone's are or could be but the call makes it pretty clear Brandon wasn't alone.

Good reason.

Why was the brother so quick to stop by and check on the girlfriend after an alleged argument? It's common knowledge that the girlfriend and BL were on/off, back and forth. Why did the brother stop by that particular night? What was different about that fight that warranted him stopping by? Seems like them fighting wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. A fight with my significant other would be a phone to my best friend. Not a visit from his brother. Just seems weird.

Thinking out loud here.

Exactly.... Have had my share of arguments Left the house mad and called my BFF then went to her house.

STQ thought it was because BL's Dad called his brother and his brother went over there to make sure all was ok. . He could have called either of the two before going over there unless the brother could not reach them by phone. Or the brother knew something more was going on i.e. Someone in San Angelo was after BL .. The bro went over there for backup ?

Exactly.... Have had my share of arguments Left the house mad and called my BFF then went to her house.

STQ thought it was because BL's Dad called his brother and his brother went over there to make sure all was ok. . He could have called either of the two before going over there unless the brother could not reach them by phone. Or the brother knew something more was going on i.e. Someone in San Angelo was after BL .. The bro went over there for backup ?

I've read that the girlfriend called him, the dad called him, and that he randomly showed up. As much misinformation as this case has from the participants, it's hard to say what really happened.

I've read that the girlfriend called him, the dad called him, and that he randomly showed up. As much misinformation as this case has from the participants, it's hard to say what really happened.

Understatement of the year! It's so frustrating.

Hi, all.

I was thinking about BL's case today.

Why would Brandon get out of his car after calling Kyle? I've run out of gas before (twice) in the middle of the night and had to call family members for help. The last thing I would have done would be to get out of my car.

I've seen it speculated that he was walking to the 'picnic' area so Kyle could easily find him. But it's easy to find a truck on the side of the road. Kyle wasn't going to have any trouble finding him.

Has anyone else here run out of gas at night and called for help? Did you stay in your car take off down the road?

And if BL thought he was parked too unsafely to wait in the truck, why wouldn't he turn on his flashers?

BL talked to Kyle at 12:38am. Presumably he was in the truck.

BL called 911 at 12:54am. By this time he was in the middle of a field. Why would he leave his truck and run into a field?

He had to have seen something in that time span that scared him enough to make him abandon his vehicle and run into a field. Or can anyone think of another explanation?

I guess he could have been delusional, but I don't believe that.

And whatever he saw that scared him probably wasn't the police, because I don't know if he'd immediately call the police and communicate his location.

Aug 9, 2013 - 12:38am
Brandon called Kyle saying he ran out of gas
(Blogtalk transcripts)

Aug 9, 2013 - 12:54am
Brandon called 911
(Blogtalk transcripts)
(PI timeline says 12:53am)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics