TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a picture and something posted on Fb where an oil field worker had hung a hard hat on BL's road side memorial cross to show support and that he hadnt been forgotten.

I am new to this site, but came across this case after hearing in on True Crime Garage. I am with many of you when you call into question the girlfriend charging her phone overnight, in a car that is not running. Furthermore, I don't think she would do this after just having a major fight with her boyfriend. Typically when people fight and one storms off, the other person has the phone nearby waiting for the texts or to continue the argument. Similarly, mothers tend to sick children, they probably don't leave their phone in the car. If there is a medical emergency, you would want that near by, so I never liked the fact the girlfriend conveniently missed BL's phone calls. I also call into question the bother's motives, his actions and statements to Law Enforcement seem very strange. I would look closely at his relationship with Brandon's girlfriend. Perhaps that was the source of the fight (cheating) and the situation got out of control, and some "muscle" was called in to take card of Brandon. This could have resulted in a chase and an encounter with some men on the side of the road.

Brandon Lawson did call 911, however maybe this was a byproduct of the fight, i.e., someone sent people after him. Phone records of both the girlfriend and the brother would help shed light on this.

However, I hear something a bit different when I listen to the 9/11 call at full-speed. I distinctly hear phrase, "WE GOT ONE BOY HERE...." It sounds different slowed down, but at full-speed, I hear "we got one BOY here..."

My best best attempt at the 911 call:

"Yes, I am in the middle of a field"
"staper (State Trooper? edited) just pulled some guys over"
"Right here going toward Abilene on both sides"
"My Truck ran out of gas"
"There is one boy here, get/got taken into the woods - please hurry"

Then when he says, "We're not talking to them" It is possible he is not engaging the dispatcher at that time. I think there is someone else with him, who is possibly hurt, probably, "the one boy." Brandon is telling that person, "We're not talking to them..." probably meaning the couple of guys who were chasing them in the words. Then tells the operator, "we just ran into them" perhaps signaling, they were successfully hidden, but just ran into them again, i.e., they were coming!

:inaudable: "Ah, shot/got the first guy"

Then when she asks, "do you need an ambulance?," almost as soon as he is about to say no, someone says "yes." Now, I know people believe this to be Brandon, but I don't. I think he was with, "the other boy." They were both huddled over the phone with 911, and when the "other boy" overheard, "do you need an ambulance, he said YES." Brandon, however, was acutely aware of the danger, realized they needed cops first.

Perhaps there was a state trooper/border agent that pulled a car of guys (illegals) over, perhaps some fled, and he encountered one of them, who seemed hurt, before being confronted by "the guys."

Now, if people were getting shot left and right, you would think there would be bodies, blood traces, or at least more missing people. However, perhaps these were not legal citizens, but this was a cartel/illegal situation. If two illegals died out in the fields of Texas, no one would know.

This was either him walking up on Law Enforcement, doing something they should not have been doing to "some guys" and one boy got away...together they called 911 before being located. OR, someone pretending to be Law Enforcement, had pulled some guys over, and perhaps that nefarious situation played out badly, and he got in the middle of it.

I am curious to know if there were any local robberies in the neighboring cities, that could have resulted in a car full of guys getting pulled over. I would be curious to see which Law Enforcement agencies were working that night. He assumes it is a State Trooper, but it could have been border patrol, local police, etc...Finally, I am curious if there were any missing people that week, or if any unique people checked into area hospitals.

I am sure the police know more than they are saying, at times, it does sound like the tape has been tampered with.

Welcome! You have some great insight on the call. I am sure another person says yes at the end also. There supposedly were not any State Troopers in the area. The sheriffs deputy said they went both directions in Bronte and did not meet any other vehicles. Where did the guys who were on both sides of the road?

I think his truck was on the east side of 277 and the other car was on the west side of 277 and something went down. Cartel maybe. They would be violent. A car full of illegals in this area do not usually turn violent. They are just looking for work and they usually are non violent. They just get taken in and then sent back to Mexico to try again later.

A few months after Brandon went missing they busted a meth lab in the area. I've always wondered if there was a connection but it has never been revealed if it was.

I love your take on we're not talking to them! It makes perfect sense. Someone knows what happened and they aren't talking! I think whoever was there overpowered Brandon, killed him and took his body to dump somewhere else. Sad to say. [emoji29]

Thanks for joining and hanging out here. Not much news, but always hope.

I am new to this site, but came across this case after hearing in on True Crime Garage. I am with many of you when you call into question the girlfriend charging her phone overnight, in a car that is not running. Furthermore, I don't think she would do this after just having a major fight with her boyfriend. Typically when people fight and one storms off, the other person has the phone nearby waiting for the texts or to continue the argument. Similarly, mothers tend to sick children, they probably don't leave their phone in the car. If there is a medical emergency, you would want that near by, so I never liked the fact the girlfriend conveniently missed BL's phone calls. I also call into question the bother's motives, his actions and statements to Law Enforcement seem very strange. I would look closely at his relationship with Brandon's girlfriend. Perhaps that was the source of the fight (cheating) and the situation got out of control, and some "muscle" was called in to take card of Brandon. This could have resulted in a chase and an encounter with some men on the side of the road.

Brandon Lawson did call 911, however maybe this was a byproduct of the fight, i.e., someone sent people after him. Phone records of both the girlfriend and the brother would help shed light on this.

However, I hear something a bit different when I listen to the 9/11 call at full-speed. I distinctly hear phrase, "WE GOT ONE BOY HERE...." It sounds different slowed down, but at full-speed, I hear "we got one BOY here..."

My best best attempt at the 911 call:

"Yes, I am in the middle of a field"
"staper (State Trooper? edited) just pulled some guys over"
"Right here going toward Abilene on both sides"
"My Truck ran out of gas"
"There is one boy here, get/got taken into the woods - please hurry"

Then when he says, "We're not talking to them" It is possible he is not engaging the dispatcher at that time. I think there is someone else with him, who is possibly hurt, probably, "the one boy." Brandon is telling that person, "We're not talking to them..." probably meaning the couple of guys who were chasing them in the words. Then tells the operator, "we just ran into them" perhaps signaling, they were successfully hidden, but just ran into them again, i.e., they were coming!

:inaudable: "Ah, shot/got the first guy"

Then when she asks, "do you need an ambulance?," almost as soon as he is about to say no, someone says "yes." Now, I know people believe this to be Brandon, but I don't. I think he was with, "the other boy." They were both huddled over the phone with 911, and when the "other boy" overheard, "do you need an ambulance, he said YES." Brandon, however, was acutely aware of the danger, realized they needed cops first.

Perhaps there was a state trooper/border agent that pulled a car of guys (illegals) over, perhaps some fled, and he encountered one of them, who seemed hurt, before being confronted by "the guys."

Now, if people were getting shot left and right, you would think there would be bodies, blood traces, or at least more missing people. However, perhaps these were not legal citizens, but this was a cartel/illegal situation. If two illegals died out in the fields of Texas, no one would know.

This was either him walking up on Law Enforcement, doing something they should not have been doing to "some guys" and one boy got away...together they called 911 before being located. OR, someone pretending to be Law Enforcement, had pulled some guys over, and perhaps that nefarious situation played out badly, and he got in the middle of it.

I am curious to know if there were any local robberies in the neighboring cities, that could have resulted in a car full of guys getting pulled over. I would be curious to see which Law Enforcement agencies were working that night. He assumes it is a State Trooper, but it could have been border patrol, local police, etc...Finally, I am curious if there were any missing people that week, or if any unique people checked into area hospitals.

I am sure the police know more than they are saying, at times, it does sound like the tape has been tampered with.

This. ^^^

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Withoutlimits09 - welcome! I appreciate your perspective on the call.

Truly hope one day the right individual with the means and know how takes on this case... It been a spinning wheel of question from the beginning hate so much for Brandon's children to not know what happened to their father.

JMO The brother's ex-girlfriend is where I would start ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truly hope one day the right individual with the means and know how takes on this case... It been a spinning wheel of question from the beginning hate so much for Brandon's children to not know what happened to their father.

JMO The brother's ex-girlfriend is where I would start ..

Not trying to be rude, but the ex-girlfriend may not be a very reliable source. From what was said after this whole situation she ended up in the hospital having mental issues. I don't know if they stemmed from this or a previous health issue. We all know that when something traumatic happens we have ways to block out the timeframe. Could we believe what she said that happened that night?? Not sure... Could she maybe verify what the timeline was?? Maybe... but did she read it and base her memory off that or what really happened in that field...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to hear what she has to say about it today. Would not hurt regardless of her personal issues. It's just my suggestion ...

She was in communication with BL that night so whatever she says its better than nothing at all. Wether one feels it would be correct information or not ..

I wouldn't have an issue hearing it, but my point was, there is already so much controversy on the timeline and what happened, this could cause tons more. I'm seriously just ready for FACTS, not speculation to come out

The timeline has been twisted multiple times by many people nothing that we are not unfamiliar with ... When your in the family fold you are least likely to tell all but when your not in the family fold you may say a little more ... Loose Lips Sink Ships Especially Cracked One's

We have been screaming for nothing but facts since the beginning ... And yet still no where further I do think it is of interest to hear what she has to says as of today. Just like much of the information fact and twisted take it with a grain of salt ..

The case should be revisited and interviews recon ducted with all parties involved. And I'm in no way pointing my finger at the family I personally believe it was some other party involved pieces are missing and they need to be put together.

BL had few friends in San Angelo .. If you have looked around like maybe 2 or 3

Something rattled his cage that day ..... To call his Dad and want to get out of town ... That has always stood out in my mind. Why was he so quick to want to leave and esp as far as outside of Ft Worth and not go stay by your brothers. It could have been he was going to stay somewhere else ... 10 mins up the road has bugged me as well was that by car or foot ...

Also, why would he leave when he was starting a new job? I have always felt he was headed to meet someone. From San Angelo to Ft. Worth is not a short drive. It's approximately 4 hrs one way. And if you are going to Ft. Worth, YOU GET GAS BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Believe me, I have driven the route many times from San Angelo to Abilene, through Bronte and through Winters. You never leave San Angelo unless you know you have gas. I feel he left in a hurry myself. Maybe someday someone will come forward and shed some light on this case.

It would be nice to hear something from family, but like someone close to the family said up-thread......every time they say anything they get bombarded by accusations and it just isn't worth it.

The Amy Bradley thread had a person who spoke for the family for quite a long time. He/she only gave factual answers and answered lots of questions about her disappearance. It was a great way to get good information about the case. I wish we could get someone like that for this case. He/she got verified as an insider and only answered questions he/she knew for sure were correct answers to the best of the families ability. Any takers out there guests???

Also, why would he leave when he was starting a new job? I have always felt he was headed to meet someone. From San Angelo to Ft. Worth is not a short drive. It's approximately 4 hrs one way. And if you are going to Ft. Worth, YOU GET GAS BEFORE YOU LEAVE! Believe me, I have driven the route many times from San Angelo to Abilene, through Bronte and through Winters. You never leave San Angelo unless you know you have gas. I feel he left in a hurry myself. Maybe someday someone will come forward and shed some light on this case.

It would be nice to hear something from family, but like someone close to the family said up-thread......every time they say anything they get bombarded by accusations and it just isn't worth it.

The Amy Bradley thread had a person who spoke for the family for quite a long time. He/she only gave factual answers and answered lots of questions about her disappearance. It was a great way to get good information about the case. I wish we could get someone like that for this case. He/she got verified as an insider and only answered questions he/she knew for sure were correct answers to the best of the families ability. Any takers out there guests???

I still don't think he ever left the house... 🤷🏻*♀️

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

The only reason I think he left the house is the 911 call. He had to be near Bronte when that call went out. Assuming that is Brandon which I feel it is. You never know in this case.

This is the first case that brought me to WS. I spent days reading through every thread. I keep watching hoping at some point, he will be found.

These are some of the things that stuck out in my mind when reading. I have no clue on what threads they were because it's been years.

*I have always had questions about the cell being left in the car to charge after a big fight.
*Agree the timelines have never made sense. The first thing I would do if my loved one went missing is get a firm timeline.
*Brother - agree something is off here. His story and L's just don't seem right. And the time of getting the gas can seems off to me.
*I remember reading it was said he stopped at Walmart and it's possible he had an altercation there. It was NEVER confirmed though. I can't help but still thinking something happened there and he was chased and ran out of gas. That's why he didn't make sure his tank was full before he took off on his trip.
*I personally don't care if something bad was going on (like a drug deal). At this point, L and brother should be honest with what happened that night. If drugs were involved, they just were. He called 911 for help, he deserved to get that. He deserves to be found.
*I don't think L or brother had anything to do with his death, I just think they are covering something up. And that stops B from being found.
*Something was off with the PD and the guys wife reporting wrong info. Not sure they were involved but it sure didn't help the story at all.

I just find the call so sad. And I too believe there was someone else with him. I don't think we have the full call and I wish they would release that, even if they redacted the names and locations. I think there is way more to the story. Bottom line is I don't believe brother/girlfriends timelines or stories :/.

IMO, whatever I say is JMO....

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

This is the first case that brought me to WS. I spent days reading through every thread. I keep watching hoping at some point, he will be found.

These are some of the things that stuck out in my mind when reading. I have no clue on what threads they were because it's been years.

*I have always had questions about the cell being left in the car to charge after a big fight.
*Agree the timelines have never made sense. The first thing I would do if my loved one went missing is get a firm timeline.
*Brother - agree something is off here. His story and L's just don't seem right. And the time of getting the gas can seems off to me.
*I remember reading it was said he stopped at Walmart and it's possible he had an altercation there. It was NEVER confirmed though. I can't help but still thinking something happened there and he was chased and ran out of gas. That's why he didn't make sure his tank was full before he took off on his trip.
*I personally don't care if something bad was going on (like a drug deal). At this point, L and brother should be honest with what happened that night. If drugs were involved, they just were. He called 911 for help, he deserved to get that. He deserves to be found.
*I don't think L or brother had anything to do with his death, I just think they are covering something up. And that stops B from being found.
*Something was off with the PD and the guys wife reporting wrong info. Not sure they were involved but it sure didn't help the story at all.

I just find the call so sad. And I too believe there was someone else with him. I don't think we have the full call and I wish they would release that, even if they redacted the names and locations. I think there is way more to the story. Bottom line is I don't believe brother/girlfriends timelines or stories :/.

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

I cannot agree with you more. This all makes perfect sense to me!

Sheriff and wife don't surprise me. Very small community. I do think they all thought Brandon was trying to run away. Therefore, no help from the Sheriff and editor of newspaper was biased in her reporting because of it. They don't want outsiders coming into their community and causing trouble! He still deserves justice.

I think the sheriff and his family were attacked from the very beginning because they had land out there and they weren't ok with people just walking out on their landing without asking. I don't blame them... it is a huge liability insurance wise. Why would it be a huge issue to ask BEFORE stepping on the land and not to mention if cattle were not used to helicopters having one fly over so low it would disturb the livestock..

Why was he headed on such a long trip with no gas in his truck and no money to get gas? Its been said that neither him or his brother had any money to fill the gas cans when he ran out, so why would he even attempt to head out of town in the 1st place? He must have known he didnt have enough gas to make it all the way to his assumed destination 4 hours away, and with no money until his check hit the next morning it doesn't seem like he was likely headed all that far.

Why was he headed on such a long trip with no gas in his truck and no money to get gas? Its been said that neither him or his brother had any money to fill the gas cans when he ran out, so why would he even attempt to head out of town in the 1st place? He must have known he didnt have enough gas to make it all the way to his assumed destination 4 hours away, and with no money until his check hit the next morning it doesn't seem like he was likely headed all that far.

That's what makes me think there was something to the "Walmart altercation" that couldn't be confirmed. It would explain why he ran without gas. He wasn't expecting to....

Or, he ran for whatever reason, he wasn't really leaving on his own....

There were several searched by professionals on all the properties around Brandon's truck I believe. It's not like they property was never searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot