TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mulling some things over and I’m wondering if this is plausible... I initially thought Brandon was a few miles away from his abandoned vehicle when his brother arrived, but on the phone as his brother arrrved he said something to the effect of “I can see you, I’m right over here.” If Brandon was already injured and scared, he would surely be trying to flag down his brother. Get his attention, wave his arms, shout out, move towards him.

But what if all that is accurate, but the car Brandon saw wasn’t his brother? In the dark, maybe a couple hundred yards away and possibly impaired... what if Brandon really was three or four miles down the road, flagged down the wrong car and walked right into the trouble he was trying to avoid?

It seems unlikely to me that something could happen in the middle of a field and remains are never found, it also seems unlikely that anybody is going to chase him into the brush then go through all of the commotion of bringing him or his body back to the road. If he was taken away as seems likely, it would make a lot more sense if it happened right along the road.

I know that the chances of Brandon being alive are almost non-existant, but I want to share this with you just in case any of these details tie in with what you all know about Brandon.

This summer, in July, my family and I were spending a week in a very small town in Ontario (Port Elgin).

I saw a man who made me take a triple take when I saw him from approximately 15 feet away on the beach, which was busy but not crazy crowded. It was his profile that struck me. I was seated and looking up and I saw a man walking. I actually thought to myself, "he looks really familiar."

He looked so much like Brandon and was holding the hand of a small girl (around 3 or 4 yrs old.)
I must have burned my eyes into his head because he turned around at least 3 times as he walked away as though to see if someone were watching him. He never changed his pace but continued to stroll along the shore with the little girl.

I never caught his eye, but I did notice a large tattoo on his bicep (almost circular in shape) on his right arm. I did not make out any details, but this keeps sticking in my head, and if I was going to share it with anyone...it would be with you folks who all care so much about him.
Such a long shot....but I have to ask, does Brandon have ANY ties to Ontario?

I know that the chances of Brandon being alive are almost non-existant, but I want to share this with you just in case any of these details tie in with what you all know about Brandon.

This summer, in July, my family and I were spending a week in a very small town in Ontario (Port Elgin).

I saw a man who made me take a triple take when I saw him from approximately 15 feet away on the beach, which was busy but not crazy crowded. It was his profile that struck me. I was seated and looking up and I saw a man walking. I actually thought to myself, "he looks really familiar."

He looked so much like Brandon and was holding the hand of a small girl (around 3 or 4 yrs old.)
I must have burned my eyes into his head because he turned around at least 3 times as he walked away as though to see if someone were watching him. He never changed his pace but continued to stroll along the shore with the little girl.

I never caught his eye, but I did notice a large tattoo on his bicep (almost circular in shape) on his right arm. I did not make out any details, but this keeps sticking in my head, and if I was going to share it with anyone...it would be with you folks who all care so much about him.
I'll look and report back.

I don't think SMT/TAT means anything really....From the Namus website:
Multiple tattoos
SMT/TAT BACK
SMT/TAT CHEST
SMT/TAT L ARM
SMT/TAT LF ARM
SMT/TAT NECK
SMT/TAT R ARM
SMT/TAT RF ARM
SMT/TAT UL ARM
SMT/TAT UR ARM

I was looking at the picture of him with the bowlng ball in the yellow shirt. As long as the picture isnt mirrored, it looks like he has a "sleeve" on his left arm from his wrist past his elbow at least). I can't really tell about his right arm, but it looks like something may be there too. Did you notice a sleeve tattoo on one or both arms on this man?

I'm sure there are clearer pictures of him. I was just looking at his missing poster and noticed that.

I was looking at the picture of him with the bowlng ball in the yellow shirt. As long as the picture isnt mirrored, it looks like he has a "sleeve" on his left arm from his wrist past his elbow at least). I can't really tell about his right arm, but it looks like something may be there too. Did you notice a sleeve tattoo on one or both arms on this man?
I can’t find where I read it, but I remember he had a full sleeve on one arm and a half sleeve on the other.

I only noticed the tattoo on one arm. It was not a sleeve though...it was on the upper part of the arm on the bicep.

I remember the sheriff's wife posted that in Brandon's condition they did not think he could get far and that she would not publicly post more on that statement but that she could be reached by email to elaborate. So I'm wondering, did anyone contact her?

It looks like there was a large drug ring with cartel connections busted in San Angelo in March of 2013. About 5 months before Brandon disappeared.

Major drug ring busted in San Angelo; 15 indicted

Does anyone know where Brandon or his brother lived in San Angelo? I’m trying to find a link between one of the 15 people arrested and “the Mexicans from the neighborhood” he told his brother were chasing him out of town.

Five years gone: The disappearance of Brandon Lawson

I do not have the exact address. It is in one of the earlier threads, but I am pretty sure they lived in northeast San Angelo, north of the loop. That would be just as you come into San Angelo from Bronte. And it is a predominately Hispanic community in that area.

Google Maps

This is the approximate place where his memorial is today. These google pictures are from 2013 before Brandon went missing so the memorial was not there yet. As you can see, it is at the foot of a hill. If he ran out of gas he would have coasted to the bottom of the hill. There are no "fields" on either side of the highway. The only fields were closer to Bronte past the driveway you see.

I too have listened to the 911 call dozens of times and I am 100% convinced someone else is with him......I guess we will never know tho!

I'm sorry, I know that this was posted a few months ago but while there are many bothersome things about this case, there is one thing above all else that I just can't figure out. Because you are from here, Nannymo, maybe you can help me figure it out.

First I'm not from Abilene, but I spent a lot of time there as a kid, usually a month out of the year. My grandparents lived there, and I had an aunt in Anson and another in Clyde, so we drove around the whole area quite a bit with family.

From what I remember, West Texas is dark and remote at night. This stretch of road would have been really dark. So I can't help but wonder...if he'd called to get gas, what would have gotten him out of the truck with it being that dark? There are no street lights. As Texans I think we all know about snakes, boars, and the unfriendliness of these wild animals should you happen upon one. I've driven through WTX at night and honestly, I wouldn't get out of the car for either love or money. If I ran out of gas, I'd stick it out til daylight with the windows cracked.

In other words, something got him out of the car. Agree?

A drug-induced psychosis is my best guess. Brandon was off his head on meth and hyper-paranoid. I know the phonecall has been edited but you can tell from the way he's speaking that he's mashed. He probably ran off somewhere and died from the elements.

I'm sorry, I know that this was posted a few months ago but while there are many bothersome things about this case, there is one thing above all else that I just can't figure out. Because you are from here, Nannymo, maybe you can help me figure it out.

First I'm not from Abilene, but I spent a lot of time there as a kid, usually a month out of the year. My grandparents lived there, and I had an aunt in Anson and another in Clyde, so we drove around the whole area quite a bit with family.

From what I remember, West Texas is dark and remote at night. This stretch of road would have been really dark. So I can't help but wonder...if he'd called to get gas, what would have gotten him out of the truck with it being that dark? There are no street lights. As Texans I think we all know about snakes, boars, and the unfriendliness of these wild animals should you happen upon one. I've driven through WTX at night and honestly, I wouldn't get out of the car for either love or money. If I ran out of gas, I'd stick it out til daylight with the windows cracked.

yes sesamestreet it would have been dark. He would not have been able to see where he was going.

I have always from day 1 been sceptical of the story he was going to his Dad's house from San Angelo to Ft. Worth with NO GAS!! I have driven from Abilene to San Angelo and back 100's of times. I NEVER leave San Angelo without making sure I have plenty of gas. There is only one station between here and there on 277 and that is Bronte.

There were rumors in the beginning he got in an altercation at Walmart, but it was never verified. I always felt the timeline from the time he left his house till he called Kyle for gas was too long. It's only about a 20-25 minute drive from his house on the NE side of San Angelo. What was he doing before he left San Angelo??

In the latest article posted upthread, there is an interview with KL where he stated BL told him some guys from the neighborhood were chasing him. This fits with the rumor I believe that he got in an altercation with someone at Walmart. (Rumors always seem to have some truth to them.)

What got him out of the car???? It is my belief now after the last interview with KL that he got in an argument with someone in his neighborhood. (It's not a great area). They started chasing him and he took off out of town. (Didn't have time for gas, thought he could outrun them etc.) I think they stayed right on his tail until he ran out of gas and he knew they were after him. He jumped out of his truck and headed for the field, pasture, brush....whatever. If they had a gun (which I am sure they did) he wasn't going to get shot, so he ran to hide.

It could have been a drug deal gone bad, road rage, a long standing feud or something else, but he was outnumbered and scared. I see where a lot of people think it is from meth, but I'm not buying it myself. I have no doubt someone is with him when he calls 911. "I've got one guy here". He is definitely winded from running and you can hear the fear in his voice. I do think drugs were involved somewhere in this story, but unfortunately I think whoever was there shot him and took his body with them back towards San Angelo. There are so many places to hide someone along the way, it's going to take someone accidentally stumbling across his body before he is found. That is why I think he got out of his truck....he was being chased. Glad to have you here!

He deserves to be found.

I do not have the exact address. It is in one of the earlier threads, but I am pretty sure they lived in northeast San Angelo, north of the loop. That would be just as you come into San Angelo from Bronte. And it is a predominately Hispanic community in that area.
Thank you, I've been very busy with a death in the family so I apologize for taking so long to respond. But this is so helpful! Thank you so much! :)

I may have overlooked it, but I don't recall seeing an address while I was going through the past threads. You could tell a lot of stuff was removed.

I'm sure there are clearer pictures of him. I was just looking at his missing poster and noticed that.

It's also been speculated and maybe even stated by KL at one point if I recall correctly, that because he had an out standing warrant he didn't want to be there when/if the police showed up. Maybe he initially got out of his truck to go "hide" or stay out view just off the road way and something happened from there? No one knows besides Brandon and whomever hurt him...if it was indeed hurt by another person or persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper