Found Alive TX - Brett Detamore, 38, Houston / Bear Creek Park, truck found torched, 21 June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe DHS would have passenger logs, even for private flights. Departures from airport with destinations and plane owners are available at flightaware.com.
Private flight plans are not required to name their passengers but must declare the number of passengers one carries.

My SIL flies his boss to meetings within 1 - 4 hour flights from airport without filing flight reports.

https://pilotschoolhero.com/when-must-you-file-a-flight-plan/

Also on the website, I found an old article about his prior home being burglarized. Caught on camera: Burglars clean out home in NE Houston

Usually someone who has been burglarized once will be very vigilant about security after. I'm pretty sure the actual owner of the home on Tennyson had the home outfitted with security as well. It helps for insurance purposes.

This article says he was last seen around 4:20a.m. near his home. Not sure if it was him or if it was his truck assuming it was him.

ETA: There is another article about his disappearance on the chronicle but you have to be a paid subscriber to access it.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

"With the assistance of Harris County Constable Precinct 1, Harris County Constable Precinct 5 and Texas EquuSearch, a ground search of Bear Creek Park was conducted with negative results," WUPD said."

LE had the dogs at the Park along with searchers and TX EquuSearch. They did not find a lead, a scent, a clue of Brett's presence at the Park. Negative results. Was he ever there?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/brett-detamore-missing-search/285-2836f2cc-7e1c-4c31-95c0-d1191e4a7f6e

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was normal for him to go to work at that hour and he actually left the home around 4:30, the same time his truck was captured by the WestU virtual gate system, then I would think it wouldn't have been odd for her to wake up and him be gone. I'm guessing she may not have assumed anything at all until later news of the truck being found burning. Maybe the authorities contacted her trying to locate the owner of the vehicle.

If it was normal for him to go to work at that hour and he actually left the home around 4:30, the same time his truck was captured by the WestU virtual gate system, then I would think it wouldn't have been odd for her to wake up and him be gone. I'm guessing she may not have assumed anything at all until later news of the truck being found burning. Maybe the authorities contacted her trying to locate the owner of the vehicle. According to the timeline listed on the page the public was not alerted he was missing until the next day (Thursday) and news of his burning truck was not released until Friday.
When was the search conducted? Strong storms hit Houston the night of the 21st which would of wiped away scents and footprints.

ETA: He's not listed on EquuSearch website. Cases - Texas EquuSearch Search And Recovery I find it strange TBH.

Last edited:
If it was normal for him to go to work at that hour and he actually left the home around 4:30, the same time his truck was captured by the WestU virtual gate system, then I would think it wouldn't have been odd for her to wake up and him be gone. I'm guessing she may not have assumed anything at all until later news of the truck being found burning. Maybe the authorities contacted her trying to locate the owner of the vehicle.
Public was first alerted Wednesday night because a search was taking place with volunteers Thursday morning at 9am. It wasn’t made public about the truck fire until Thursday.

Great find, thank you.

Brett entered into a Merchant Cash Advance Agreement- in essence sold future receivables valued at $149,900 - purchased by WCG at $100k. On June 6th he defaulted on the agreement, still owing $102k on the orginal amount. Basically he's in breach of contract.

Being a developer is risky business, money isn't cheap anymore and the market is soft. Brett was paying nearly $50k to borrow $100k, that's a big side eye right there. But maybe it was intended to be a bridge loan and he was going to turn it around quickly?

Knowing these details puts a different spin on the case for me.
Is this similar to a hard money loan or something totally different?

Yes, no one knows what he was wearing when he left. They have three small children. Who doesn't have nanny cams all over your house with small children.

I don’t see this as a case where insurance fraud, or where a perceived need to leave behind money for family or kids, was a motivator. I see it as one where shame and image could have been massive motivators. MOO.
Sigh. It may very well be. <modsnip> Hoping whatever it is, he's found alive.

I don’t see this as a case where insurance fraud, or where a perceived need to leave behind money for family or kids, was a motivator. I see it as one where shame and image could have been massive motivators. MOO.
I agree it’s not a matter of leaving money behind <modsnip>

Due to numerous and excessive amounts of TOS violations on this thread, it will be closed indefinitely. A media thread (no discussion) will be allowed should any of you choose to create one.

A few key points from the RULES:

- Official support pages for victims are allowed to be posted ("Help Find..." or "Justice for...") and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted. Pages from random, non-approved groups may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased.
  • Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
- When quoting an outside source, a link to the source must be included in the post. The same rule applies to posting images. All images require a link to the source.

- Ignoring instructions given by an Administrator or Moderator is simply not allowed. These instructions come in the form of notes/reminders posted on the thread OR reasons given to you upon removal of a post. PAY ATTENTION TO THESE!!

If you have questions about any of the rules, utilize the report feature on any post to ask an Admin or Mod.

Thanks,
Mad

MOD NOTE:

1. If you are a friend or family member of the missing person or his family, your information that is "inside information" can not be posted unless you are verified. Anybody can say anything on the internet and we wish to respect the missing person by making sure only what's accurate is posted here.

2. If you know somebody who knows a family member or friend of the victim, who told you something . . . that can't be posted, it's rumor. That goes for your friend, your hairdresser, your Websleuths is FACT-BASED and we require verification of anything posted on this site. Verification comes in the form of mainstream media articles, law enforcement press releases or social media posts and a limited number of already approved sites like podcasts. If there is any doubt as to whether a source is approved, ASK FIRST by clicking "report" under any post and linking the source there so we can review it.

3. One last time . . . comments on social media are RUMOR, not FACT. Websleuths is FACT-BASED. Only top-level posts made by the administrator of the "Help Find" page may be posted, NO COMMENTS.

4. Websleuths is victim friendly. Speculation that a missing person has committed suicide or that the disappearance is a hoax is not victim friendly and can not be discussed unless/until LE or MSM has indicated there is reason to look in that direction.

Thread is open. Post with care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back