Found Alive TX - Brett Detamore, 38, Houston / Bear Creek Park, truck found torched, 21 June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eastern District of New York (which Kings is a part of) is deeply experienced in financial litigation, experienced judges with this, adjudicates fairly quick, favorable state laws. I think if someone reads though either of those suits they’ll probably see mutual agreement signed in the contract to work under NY state law and conduct dispute resolution there.

Saw the mention of this case reminding a poster of John Forsyth. This case reminds me a lot of Christopher Burns in Georgia.

I believe that FBI may enter an investigation if suspected crime/foul play occured on federal land i.e. a park. Not sure if that is the case here, though.
We should look into whether Bear Creek Park is federal or state. When I think of federal, I think of FBI, but could there be another agency investigating that is also considered federal but not the FBI? I know that they are knee-deep in investigation, but if they want us to look for him, it would be so helpful if we had even a few more basic details…

We should look into whether Bear Creek Park is federal or state. When I think of federal, I think of FBI, but could there be another agency investigating that is also considered federal but not the FBI? I know that they are knee-deep in investigation, but if they want us to look for him, it would be so helpful if we had even a few more basic details…
I don’t think that a federal agency is investigating because it’s on federal land, I could be wrong tho. I would think that it would have to do with the financial side of this investigation rather then his truck being on federal land.

I don’t think that a federal agency is investigating because it’s on federal land, I could be wrong tho. I would think that it would have to do with the financial side of this investigation rather then his truck being on federal land.
The park is a county park, but Addicks Reservoir, built by the Federal Corp of Engineers, runs through a portion of the park. I'm not sure if his truck was found on the land that is part of Addicks Reservoir or not.

If it's the FBI, think they would say FBI, that wouldnt raise any flags. Another agency may tip off something going on which they don't want released

This one appears to have been put in the mail but not yet received. Regardless, he would have known these lawsuits were coming.

Don't think he committed suicide in the woods, would likely void any policies that would have paid out with his death and likely to be found at some point if shot in the woods. If he did run, he had help to get out of park.
<modsnip: discussing random comments on Facebook> This is probably why there is no information coming out through other channels. Whenever someone disappears every single thing they ever did in their life is now public knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
They never actually said if it was FBI or any other entity, they just said federal agency. Have we heard anything recently that they could still be involved?

<modsnip> And if he was running away or faking a death, wouldn’t he have left that expensive vehicle for his wife to try to recover or settle debts? This is probably why there is no information coming out through other channels. Whenever someone disappears every single thing they ever did in their life is now public knowledge.
<modsnip - not victim friendly>

From the images of the damaged parking lot spot where his truck burned, it appears the front end or hood area took a good deal of heat, perhaps from an accelerant?

@ 1:41 in the video report

IMO he could’ve easily flown out of that airport with no trace. Really anyone who has access to a plane there and could fly one could take him to anywhere else in the country then he could escape from there. Also didn’t necessarily fly, could’ve drove away possibly towards Mexico or even in Mexico if he has a fake passport.
Anyone can fly out of that airport, you don’t need to own the plane. I know someone who flew out of there on a business trip because it was a nonstop flight

Could he have borrowed money from a loan shark or other shady person who he didn’t pay back and thus is reason for his disappearance? Of course someone who is disappeared can’t work to repay the loan but maybe it was made clear he would not be able to repay?
I thought about this. I think it’s very likely that he was on debt to shady people, maybe because of something like gambling?

If he waltzed into a local airport, it was undercover and in disguise. He likely resembled D B Cooper getting about with confidence in the airport along his escape route. We don't even know what he was wearing so can't alert port authorities to that info. He could be dressed as a yachtsman or bad cab driver.

Was he physically seen by an eye witness after departing his home at 4:30am? When and where, please?

<modsnip>
He was seen leaving West U in his car by the virtual gate system. Cameras probably picked up his path on the way, but the public doesn’t know any appearances besides him leaving his neighborhood. <modsnip>

He was seen leaving West U in his car by the virtual gate system. Cameras probably picked up his path on the way, but the public doesn’t know any appearances besides him leaving his neighborhood. <modsnip>
Thank you for the clarifications. Not one person saw Brett on the day he was reported missing.

It's only by trailing and tracking the movements of his vehicle, via VG, that police are able to determine the whereabouts of his truck on that morning.

The VG System caught his truck leaving West U. Reports say his truck was also seen West of Bellaire.

Where does the intel on his phone's location being at Lakewood come from? At what time? Just bc his phone pinged at a location does not mean that he was physically with his phone at that time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb