Found Alive TX - Brett Detamore, 38, Houston / Bear Creek Park, truck found torched, 21 June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Earlier post mentions the lawsuit, I find it interesting that USPS shows the suit was served at his home in the afternoon of the 20th. The complaint also stated the loan contained a personal guaranty which put his personal assets on the line. This type of loan may indicate that he may have borrowed money form other less reputable folks.
Another thought is that he owed money to someone who didn't look kindly on him driving around a 100k truck. Harris County real property records show recent liens being filed on his properties for non-payment to subs so there may be quite a few suspects out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier post mentions the lawsuit, I find it interesting that USPS shows the suit was served at his home in the afternoon of the 20th. The complaint also stated the loan contained a personal guaranty which put his personal assets on the line. This type of loan may indicate that he may have borrowed money form other less reputable folks.
Another thought is that he owed money to someone who didn't look kindly on him driving around a 100k truck. Harris County real property records show recent liens being filed on his properties for non-payment to subs so there may be quite a few suspects out there.
Yes - he was under tremendous financial pressure, I have no interest in assigning blame for it but the legal filings are clear enough to me. And my heart goes out to his wife, whom I believe (opinion) has had the week from absolute hell and is legit shocked by the financial dealings which are becoming clear to her, and (hopefully) are being compassionately explained. She has young children and is looking at an emergency event well beyond the disappearance of her husband, which would be more than enough. I wish for her and them the absolute best.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Telling in one of two ways: one, the innocuous way, it’s that he was driving in a way that wasn’t his typical morning commute — that route says he drove north toward Greenway rather than West-Northwest to his office, his office being close to the neighborhood where his Facebook profile self-reports he grew up (Bellaire). With that, maybe we ask ourselves, why was he driving that way coming out of the West U virtual plate readers? For him to have been a victim of foul play and say already carjacked at that point, with another person in the car, logically that person would’ve had to have gotten him at his house. I find that improbable (I don’t naturally think of carjackers willing to take on a man 6’+ in a large unique truck and then torching the truck …) but I am open to considering other views. Two, this is a Houston-raised man with a local family and many, perhaps most, of men raised similarly would be men of faith. I don’t know this, but I am of the probabilistic opinion that he and his family belonged to a church, and Lakewood would be a likely choice given where he lived and his demographics. Look: I am a Catholic yankee ivy corporate girl from a dark blue section of a blue state, and if I were under tremendous stress and it was 5 AM and I was thinking about something, the odds of me being at the chapel at St. Bartholomew RC locally are close to 100%. I wonder if he spent a few minutes at a place of refuge, goes the theory of (2) in this case. I think it’s (1) or (2). Purely MOO.
Lakewood is a mega church located in an office complex with underground parking (was a former basketball arena) and I don't believe it would be open at 4:30 to 5am. Even Catholic churches here aren't open at 4:30am unless they have a 24 hour adoration room. Lakewood is located along highway 59/69 so I think that's what they are looking for as far as camera footage.

I haven't seen it mentioned but 4:30a.m. wouldn't surprise me with developers. He was working on multiple homes and workers show up and start working before 8a.m. If he had a full day meeting with clients, scouting new possible lots, checking job sites to make sure workers were present and to note progress, then 4:30a.m. is not a far fetch IMO. Also the heat in Houston has been absolutely STIFLING this month. He may of wanted to visit work sites before it became too hot or rain came in as Houston has also been having some storms.
I agree. I get up that early. Very few people are around, except the "regulars" that get up like i do. If he arrived at that time daily, someone could've seen his routine.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Lakewood is a mega church located in an office complex with underground parking (was a former basketball arena) and I don't believe it would be open at 4:30 to 5am. Even Catholic churches here aren't open at 4:30am unless they have a 24 hour adoration room. Lakewood is located along highway 59/69 so I think that's what they are looking for as far as camera footage.
Amazingly enough, it’s 24/7 by badge. I totally agree with you that most offices aren’t. You’re right. Part of the reason why is that global companies in 9 and 11 Greenway do hosted videoconference meetings with EMEA and APAC at all hours. But I definitely went into that garage at 3, 4, 5 AM repeatedly for years and know plenty who do now. I do think though that he probably just drove by - probably just a ping off 59/69, yes. I hope I’m wrong. I’d feel better if he stopped.

Someone mentioned his phone pinged around Lakewood and a park. Which park? there are several in West U. Or did they mean Bear Creek Park?

I do think though that he probably just drove by - probably just a ping off 59/69, yes. I hope I’m wrong. I’d feel better if he stopped.
I wonder this too. Lakewood is off of a major freeway/highway.

Given his house location, it was most likely Buffalo Speedway.

ETA: It very well may of been Wesleyan too but Wesleyan would have put him just past Lakewood Church when he got on the freeway. If he took Buffalo Speedway, he would have driven right past the church. Edloe would have taken him to the roads behind the church. There is a period of time that seems to be unaccounted for. Either he ran into traffic that day (hard to imagine so early but there may of been an accident or construction) or he made a stop somewhere.

ETA: It very well may of been Wesleyan too but Wesleyan would have put him just past Lakewood Church when he got on the freeway. If he took Buffalo Speedway, he would have driven right past the church. Edloe would have taken him to the roads behind the church. There is a period of time that seems to be unaccounted for. Either he ran into traffic that day (hard to imagine so early but there may of been an accident or construction) or he made a stop somewhere.
I live here and think he would have taken weslayan north and then maybe taken a right on westpark and then into Whataburger for an early breakfast/coffee. that would put him right across from Lakewood I believe. Few things open at 4:30am other than gas stations, 24 hour whataburgers and shipley donuts which opens at 5am.

Last edited:
I live here and think he would have taken weslayan north and then maybe taken a right on westpark and then into Whataburger for an early breakfast/coffee. that would put him right across from Lakewood I believe. Few things open at 4:30am other than gas stations, 24 hour whataburgers and shipley donuts which opens at 5am.
Perhaps. Maybe LE knows this and they aren't saying anything.

Rice runs WEST-EASTe

His house is literally on Wesleyan…. North Wesleyan/East on Westpark/North on Edloe and it plops you right between 3 Greenway and Lakewood. Used to live on same street he rents on now. Work in Greenway. 4 min drive.

His house is literally on Wesleyan…. North Wesleyan/East on Westpark/North on Edloe and it plops you right between 3 Greenway and Lakewood. Used to live on same street he rents on now. Work in Greenway. 4 min drive.
Totally anecdotal but we always hated taking Wesleyan and avoided it if we could. Do we know if his phone was pinged right at Lakewood or near it. It could of been as he was driving by it. ETA: He was off of Tennyson and College st.

I saw multiple pictures of them building the property.....could he have put under a different llc
The house was built several years ago by someone else. I live across the street and watched it go up. The yard is a little unkept with lots of dead bushes. Not that unusual in a rented home I guess where the tenants don’t really care about how the yard looks. It would bother me though. But perhaps it is/was not important to them.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89