TX - Caesar & Adriana Coronado, 14, murdered, Katy, 12 March 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very powerful indeed. The affidavit says one bus driver told them (the DEA) that "(redacted name) takes trips every 2-3 from Monterrey, Mexico to Toledo and then to Houston." If I'm not mistaken, Monterrey is where Adriana Coronado previously lived before she moved to TX two years ago. Maybe the redacted name is her father. Otherwise, I'm not sure why one name would be redacted when the other two names are not.

IF the redacted name IS her father, he was knee deep in a large scale drug trafficking operation. He was also planning to steal drugs from them to make money on his own. In addition to that, the DEA seized the 16 kilos of cocaine during a "random patrol search" (after receiving a tip from an informant). So, whoever this redacted guy is, he's given the top guy in the drug org a lot to be unhappy about.

I'm thinking Dad is CS (confidential source). Pretty clear that SOI(source of information) is the bus co. employee. The CS was instrumental in helping the DEA set up the drug seizure from the bus station.

IMO It was Sanchez who was planning to steal the drugs with the help of the CS who was reporting to DEA, if I understand this all correctly.

It doesn't make sense to me to redact a dead man's name from this document. Redaction is done to protect the identity of someone, which makes me think the CS is someone else who is still active in the DEA's investigation and/or still a CS for other cases. However, that does not exclude dad from being a participant in the smuggling ring or knowing about it.

It doesn't make sense to me to redact a dead man's name from this document. Redaction is done to protect the identity of someone, which makes me think the CS is someone else who is still active in the DEA's investigation and/or still a CS for other cases. However, that does not exclude dad from being a participant in the smuggling ring or knowing about it.

I agree. It seems to me that the CS and the redacted name are 2 different people. The redacted name listed at the top of the affidavit seems to be the person in the winter vest at the bus station. He may not have been arrested yet is enough reason to redact him. On the run maybe.

I can't see a participation in the transport being the victim of this crime but I CAN see an informant as such.

I think the crime was a brutal message to others as I said from the start. Killing him is one thing, but kidnapping, murdering his child and then killing him as well as burning his truck AND him is personal, but why burn a dead man? It adds nothing to his death but is a show to others.

ETA: It would seem that if CC was involved in this, and we don't know that he was, he would likely be the CS not the redacted name. IMO it is easy to end up as a an informant for LE. Typically a person involved in a minor drug charge like possession during a traffic stop. The charge goes away if he agrees to help bring down the traffickers. Then he becomes a paid informant.

MOO

That's so sad and terrifying!

It is very sad, and it really has all of the same elements of these horrific murders - shooting, fire, separating victims. Honestly, I would not be surprised if a ransom was a part of the picture too.

I'm just glad they found and arrested these guys. Where they lived is practically at my back door (small town, so everything is, really). I have wonderful Hispanic neighbors all around who are very nice, hard working, wonderful people, so I have a soft spot in my heart for those who are here trying to escape the horrors of the cartels.

HOUSTON - A person of interest in the death of 14-year-old Adriana Coronado appeared in federal court Friday morning

[...]

“In my life, I have never seen him or heard his name,” said Adriana Cavazos, the mother of Adriana Coronado and wife of Cesar Coronado. “Never in my life.”

She told KPRC 2 in an exclusive interview it’s frightening not knowing who killed your family or why.

“I’m happy there’s finally a person of interest, some kind of lead that could lead to the capture of the people who did this,” she said.

KPRC 2 also learned that police arrested another man in Laredo. Ramon Sanchez is currently in custody and is also being questioned about the two homicides.

Cavazos and her family said they have never heard of him, either.

“I’m not satisfied,” she said. “It doesn’t console me; Nobody’s gonna bring my daughter back.”

http://www.click2houston.com/news/p...r-case-expected-to-appear-before-judge-friday

I went for a drive today to visit all three public-knowledge crime scenes.

First was FM 2989 where Ceasar was found. Orange crime-scene spray paint still evident. The grass did not appear to be burnt/scorched. I said a prayer for Ceasar and moved on.

Next was where Ceasar's truck was found in Conroe. A piece of yellow crime-scene tape still strung among the brushes. The strong smell of smoke still evident. Pieces of the truck still strewn about: door handle; the "Ford" emblem from the front grille, etc. While I was here, another vehicle pulled up and stopped, but no one got out. After a minute or two, it backed up, and drove away. LE? Fellow sleuther? Cartel? Spooky.

Lastly, I visited the location where Adriana was found. There was a small cluster a flowers across the street which I knew to be the wrong location. I went to where I knew the correct location was, and more flowers marked the 'entrance' to the field. Another set of flowers marked the presumed spot where she was discovered. So, so sad. I said a prayer for Adriana, and began to leave. 101010 was right, this small section of road is very busy. During the 5 minutes I was there, I must have seen 12 vehicles pass by. Fellow sleuthers? Curious folks? Or, just regular traffic? Hmmm.

HOUSTON - A person of interest in the death of 14-year-old Adriana Coronado appeared in federal court Friday morning

[...]

“In my life, I have never seen him or heard his name,” said Adriana Cavazos, the mother of Adriana Coronado and wife of Cesar Coronado. “Never in my life.”

She told KPRC 2 in an exclusive interview it’s frightening not knowing who killed your family or why.

“I’m happy there’s finally a person of interest, some kind of lead that could lead to the capture of the people who did this,” she said.

KPRC 2 also learned that police arrested another man in Laredo. Ramon Sanchez is currently in custody and is also being questioned about the two homicides.

Cavazos and her family said they have never heard of him, either.

“I’m not satisfied,” she said. “It doesn’t console me; Nobody’s gonna bring my daughter back.”

http://www.click2houston.com/news/p...r-case-expected-to-appear-before-judge-friday

Thank you, tlcya. But I am so frustrated that the perps are still only mentioned as Persons Of Interest (POI) in the Coronado murders. Grrr.

Also, the location of the activity in Magnolia is mis-info by the media. Add another "0" to the address, and that will put you in the neighborhood.

And may God comfort mother Adriana.

I went back and chose this post because the video link still seems to work. Watch for the car driving down the street at the point when the fire starts and the perp runs away (22:27:00).

It is a white car. Isn't it? visa-vee, white car of interest at Magnolia scene? Hmmm.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...lp-in-missing-adriana-coronado-case/81913370/

IMO, it will be hard for anyone to ID this man based on his gait or clothing. He appears to be wearing plain colored clothes (what appears to be tan/brown shirt and pants) and he wasn't walking like he normally would be because he's out of breath and kind of staggering around after running through the parking lot. I don't live anywhere near TX (I'm on the east coast), but I could probably name you 10 short, stocky men that I know who walk with a gait exactly like that.

I'm so discouraged!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/p...na-coronado-death-expected-in-court-on-monday

<snip BBM>
"HOUSTON - Jose Solis Jr., a person of interest in the death of 14-year-old Adriana Coronado, is expected to appear in court on Monday afternoon.

Solis did not have an attorney the first time he appeared before a judge last week, and is expected to either be appointed one or will announce that he has retained his own.

Solis was arrested Thursday on a federal drug charge, which is not related to the teen's death or her father, Cesar Coronado."

IMO That basically says that the murders of AC and CC were not related to the drug deal/ seizure.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/p...na-coronado-death-expected-in-court-on-monday

<snip BBM>
"HOUSTON - Jose Solis Jr., a person of interest in the death of 14-year-old Adriana Coronado, is expected to appear in court on Monday afternoon.

Solis did not have an attorney the first time he appeared before a judge last week, and is expected to either be appointed one or will announce that he has retained his own.

Solis was arrested Thursday on a federal drug charge, which is not related to the teen's death or her father, Cesar Coronado."

IMO That basically says that the murders of AC and CC were not related to the drug deal/ seizure.

I don't see it that way at all. All it says that he was arrested on a drug charge and not on a murder charge.

I don't see it that way at all. All it says that he was arrested on a drug charge and not on a murder charge.

"which is not related to the teen's death or her father, Cesar Coronado."

I see it that way because it's not an opinion but an actual statement. Anyone is free to interpret though,,,

MOO

I see it that way because it's not an opinion but an actual statement. Anyone is free to interpret though,,,

MOO

Statement by whom? It's not a quote.
I am not going to make any conclusions that this drug case isn't connected to murder.

MOO

I'm on the fence. I interpret it as he was arrested on drug charges unrelated to the deaths of Caesar & Adriana. That doesn't necessarily rule out a drug connection between Solis and Caesar (not victim blaming - just one possible theory). Nor does it rule out that Solis was involved in the murders of Caesar and Adriana (drug related or not). IMHO, LE are looking at any and all possible charges on which to hold Solis in custody while they build their murder case.

I'm on the fence. I interpret it as he was arrested on drug charges unrelated to the deaths of Caesar & Adriana. That doesn't necessarily rule out a drug connection between Solis and Caesar (not victim blaming - just one possible theory). Nor does it rule out that Solis was involved in the murders of Caesar and Adriana (drug related or not). IMHO, LE are looking at any and all possible charges on which to hold Solis in custody while they build their murder case.

I agree. That's all it says. That drug seizure and charge was unrelated to the murders of CC and AC. So CC was not involved in THAT drug deal. The connection between they and Solis is not established publicly at this time. There may have been others or there is some other relationship. Maybe Solis thought CC was the rat for some reason. We don't know. But the murders were brutal and personal IMO.
Nothing but the known drug deal can be ruled out at this point.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back